Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Josh Freeman - what's his future hold?

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing that sucks about last night's performance is that actually makes that tool of a coach Greg Schiano look like he was right. Ugh, that's gotta leave a nasty taste in Buc fans mouths.

What are you talking about? He tarnished his own name getting high on his own supply. Local sources estimate he lost out on potentially $30 million on the table, if he could stay straight and keep c

Simply awesome tweet: Kevin Manahan@KevinCManahan The U.S. wants to send Josh Freeman to Syria -- where he can overthrow an entire government

I believe Freeman will land on another team and will compete for the starting spot. I believe Freeman will pop up again and not far down the road with another team. If he is benched, teams should inquirer about a trade although i am sure the Bucs would have been listening all along if anyone truly wanted him. I could see Freeman in Oakland rather easily. Jacksonville would get a big upgrade but maybe they want to go 1-15, go get Teddy Bridgewater or whoever.

I think Schiano really screwed Freeman up and eventually you will see it.

Why do you say Dominick is a terrible GM, when it looks like Tampa has a bunch of talented players on the team. Isn't the job of the GM to give the HC talented players?

Dominik has done a good job adding talent, but he has also hired Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano to coach that talent. That's an extremely fireable offense, and I suspect we will see a new GM and HC in here come January.

You can't just add premium talent and then have some meathead coach from a mediocre college program coach it and then wonder why it isn't working.

I believe Freeman will land on another team and will compete for the starting spot. I believe Freeman will pop up again and not far down the road with another team. If he is benched, teams should inquirer about a trade although i am sure the Bucs would have been listening all along if anyone truly wanted him. I could see Freeman in Oakland rather easily. Jacksonville would get a big upgrade but maybe they want to go 1-15, go get Teddy Bridgewater or whoever.

:goodposting:

I don't think going to Oakland or Jacksonville would unscrew him up. For his sake, I would want to see him land as a backup behind an established starter like say in New England or New Orleans or Green Bay. If he is to be a reclamation project, he needs to go to a place where there is little pressure to play and he can begin to put the pieces back together. I'm thinking going from one dumpster fire to another like a Jacksonville could well finish his career off.

Edited by Area51Inhabitant

For his sake, I would want to see him land as a backup behind an established starter like say in New England or New Orleans or Green Bay. If he is to be a reclamation project, he needs to go to a place where there is little pressure to play and he can begin to put the pieces back together. I'm thinking going from one dumpster fire to another like a Jacksonville could well finish his career off.

:goodposting:

The Giants, Steelers and Texans all have aging QBs and no obvious successor in place.

Not all those organizations are "up" right now, but they generally seem to know what they're doing.

The Vikings aren't terrible and he'd be a good fit with the personnel.

I don't think he could run New England's spread offense or a WCO though -- so there are probably quite a few teams ruled out.

Kansas city. I'm calling it. Alex Smith isnt the long term answer and Andy Reid fancies himself as a QB guru. Take a broken down guy like Freeman who has all the skills that Andy likes and build him back up to run that scheme.

Schiano didn't just screw up Freeman. He messed up the entire team. He came in right when Dominik cleaned Raheem Morris out and their frugal spending frankly never gave Morris much of a chance. The "do less with more" mantra left the minute Schiano entered the building. He came with no proven experience, even in college. The Glazers started writing blank checks in free agency luring the top shelf talent the past two years. Still Schiano couldn't coach them. He's got 30 assistant coaches and micromanages and second guesses each of them. He's a ####ty college coach who only knows how to manage a team by having his fingers in every pie.

Last Friday, he said on his radio show that the team had the pieces to win now. After the game, he said "there's no way to put together a team in just two years". So which is it? He openly threw his GM Dominik under the bus, and it comes off as a power play at worst and insubordination at best. Who does he think he is? Preaching discipline and talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Now big stiff cannon arm Mike Glennon comes in to save the day? Not that I'm defending Josh at all, he's a terrible QB in his own right. But in that Patriots game, notice Mike Williams was being targeted early and often. He was part of Belicheck's plan to take away the best weapon of their opponent, which was VJAX. Once VJAX left the game with a rib injury, they shifted a safety over top of Mike Williams in bracket coverage and shut him down. The Bucs have no WR3 to help, and their TE's are missing in action as well. Put that steaming pile of #### on the GM Dominik. But there's not much a good QB could do under those circumstances. Not that Freeman is good or even average. Just that this entire benching is over the top and reactionary. And speaks volumes of the turmoil in the Tampa locker room.

Why do you say Dominick is a terrible GM, when it looks like Tampa has a bunch of talented players on the team. Isn't the job of the GM to give the HC talented players?

Dominik has done a good job adding talent, but he has also hired Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano to coach that talent. That's an extremely fireable offense, and I suspect we will see a new GM and HC in here come January.

You can't just add premium talent and then have some meathead coach from a mediocre college program coach it and then wonder why it isn't working.

Dominick was hired the same day as Raheem and rumor has it the Glaziers wanted Schiano more than Dominick. I think we can pin the bad HC hires on the Glaziers. However, Dominick probably did play some part. There is no doubt though he hired the crappy OC from BC Jagozinski and the DC who also didn't last the season. I guess the Glaziers don't mind paying coaches that aren't here...

Dominick was hired the same day as Raheem and rumor has it the Glaziers wanted Schiano more than Dominick. I think we can pin the bad HC hires on the Glaziers. However, Dominick probably did play some part. There is no doubt though he hired the crappy OC from BC Jagozinski and the DC who also didn't last the season. I guess the Glaziers don't mind paying coaches that aren't here...

Not entirely true. Dominik's been with the Bucs for over 15 years in some capacity, as a capoligist bean counter, scout, all kinds of jobs. He's Glazers boy. He made the mistake of hiring on Schiano, while correcting the frugal spending ways of the Raheem Morris era. Dominik is on the way out and he's lockstep out the door with Schiano at the end of the year. New regime change is coming.

Dom had a ton of say in that Raheem hire. The Glazers went to him for everything and iirc, he was hired a few days before Raheem.

Schiano didn't just screw up Freeman. He messed up the entire team. He came in right when Dominik cleaned Raheem Morris out and their frugal spending frankly never gave Morris much of a chance. The "do less with more" mantra left the minute Schiano entered the building. He came with no proven experience, even in college. The Glazers started writing blank checks in free agency luring the top shelf talent the past two years. Still Schiano couldn't coach them. He's got 30 assistant coaches and micromanages and second guesses each of them. He's a ####ty college coach who only knows how to manage a team by having his fingers in every pie.

Last Friday, he said on his radio show that the team had the pieces to win now. After the game, he said "there's no way to put together a team in just two years". So which is it? He openly threw his GM Dominik under the bus, and it comes off as a power play at worst and insubordination at best. Who does he think he is? Preaching discipline and talking out of both sides of his mouth.

What are you talking about as far as Schiano couldn't coach the top talent free agents? The only top talent free agent that played was V-Jax. Nicks, was gone after week 6 or 7, nor would a defensive coach like Schiano coach him. I am sure he coached Eric Wright to snort adderal.. That is on the GM for bringing in a guy with a history like him.

If Schiano was such a problem I would think you would see coaches like Butch Davis and Wandstat quit. His 1-9 record in the past 10 games is partially attributed to Dominick who traded away Aquib Talib last season for a late 5th.

The Glaziers and Mark Dominick are by far a bigger problem than Schiano.

Not entirely true. Dominik's been with the Bucs for over 15 years in some capacity, as a capoligist bean counter, scout, all kinds of jobs. He's Glazers boy. He made the mistake of hiring on Schiano, while correcting the frugal spending ways of the Raheem Morris era. Dominik is on the way out and he's lockstep out the door with Schiano at the end of the year. New regime change is coming.

The Glaziers have said repeatedly that they play a big role in selecting coaches. It's not all on Dominick.

Dom had a ton of say in that Raheem hire. The Glazers went to him for everything and iirc, he was hired a few days before Raheem.

Yeah, the Glaziers apparently interviewed a bunch of formewr players, staff, and coaches before firing Gruden. I'm sure Dominick was one of the guys that threw Gruden under the bus with Mike Clayton.

They saw he was getting looked at by KC for GM, so they promoted him.

"The Glaziers and Mark Dominick are by far a bigger problem than Schiano."

:loco:

Schiano is the worst coach we've had since I remember football, and we've had some doozies.

You think Raheem was a better coach than Schiano? That was a disaster!

For every successful college coach that made hay in the NFL, there gotta be 15, 20, 30? that strike out bigtime. The ones that do make it, like Harbaugh and Carroll were smart enough to surround themselves with NFL veteran coaches. Schiano brings in all his Rutgers cronies and assigns them these made up coaching positions. He's got no pedigree. He's not respected around the league. Everyone thinks he's a rube. He needs to go back to some podunk college town where he can lord over the entire team, the marching band, the boosters, and ticket counter people.

Schiano is the worst coach we've had since I remember football, and we've had some doozies.

He was. He took a team with very little talent and took them to 10-6. Lost the team the next year, but that's on the cheap Glazers who thought they could skate by on a shoestring budget. The year after the 10 win season was a disaster. But at least he did something with the talent he was given. What the #### has Schiano done? Other than fan the flames on a grease fire?

He was. He took a team with very little talent and took them to 10-6. Lost the team the next year, but that's on the cheap Glazers who thought they could skate by on a shoestring budget. The year after the 10 win season was a disaster. But at least he did something with the talent he was given. What the #### has Schiano done? Other than fan the flames on a grease fire?

I don't think Schiano has had nearly long enough to determine he is a horrible head coach. What did he have on defense last year? He had the rug pulled out on him at the DB position down the stretch when Dominick traded Aquib. EJ Biggers was our best DB...

He hasn't only surrounded himself with Rutgers guys, Wandstat, Butch Davis, Sheridan...

Give the guy until the end of the season before blaming him for everything.

Raheem won 10 games with half the talent this team has. How is that even a conversation?

So every other GM and front office in the NFL is overlooking the talent that is Raheem Morris? I'm sure if he was such a great HC that he would of been given at least a coordinator job or a college HC gig.

Come on man, you live here. Everyone knows Raheem was pretty much a fixture on South Howard and always hanging out with the players. He was the definition of a "players coach" and it ended up leading to a disaster in 2011. He completely lost the team.

I'm really puzzled how people can already determine Schiano is a horrible coach after so few games as an actual HC.

What do you guys (Premier & Raiderfan) think should happen? Do you think they should fire him right now? Who should replace him?

I'm not a Schiano supporter, I actually thought the guy was an idiot after the victory formation crap. However, I don't think dumping him right now will make us any better off. If he continues to suck the rest of the season then make a change at the end of the year.

What do you guys (Premier & Raiderfan) think should happen? Do you think they should fire him right now? Who should replace him?

Speaking for myself, yes they need to run him out of town ASAP. He's already undermining his boss Dominik by blaming him for not getting the talent needed in two years to compete. Those are fighting words since you know Dominik's been at this GM job since 2009. He's calling him out, and won't stop until he controls every function of the team under his watchful eye. We had this problem in Oakland. A guy named Hue Jackson. A megolomaniac control freak who wanted to be coach and GM. He's a growing, festering cancer at One Buc Place and he needs to be removed.

Believe me, nobody is talking now, but the minute Schiano's fired, you will see a landslide of public criticism and relief of the players in a long awaited exhale. No one will shed a tear or defend this guy once he's gone. He's burned all his bridges and his rep as a coach is shot.

his future is holding a clipboard

:lmao:

Just came to post that.

No shame in holding a clipboard in the NFL. Another good for nothing hack by named David Carr did it for 6 straight years after sucking for 5 years in Houston. Probably made $10 million over those 6 years doing absolutely nothing.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Big step backwards imo. Bucs are going to try to break in a rookie during a window of opportunity where they are loading up on talent at every other position on the team??? They now have at least some talent on all three levels of the defense, on the OLine, and at the skill positions (except maybe TE). Why waste that on a rookie QB??? Schiano isn't looking good here imo.

You actually believe this stuff huh?
I'm not saying the Bucs are a superbowl contender, but you don't think they have talent now at all 3 levels of the D, on their OLine, and at the skill positions? there are still some holes, but with good QB play, there's no reason the Bucs couldn't be in playoff contention.
No. I meant I can't understand how you believe this Freeman/Glennon stuff. Because the Bucs do have a good team, and they aren't going to toss that away for a third round rookie QB from Mayberry.

Exactly.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Big step backwards imo. Bucs are going to try to break in a rookie during a window of opportunity where they are loading up on talent at every other position on the team??? They now have at least some talent on all three levels of the defense, on the OLine, and at the skill positions (except maybe TE). Why waste that on a rookie QB??? Schiano isn't looking good here imo.

I'm not saying the Bucs are a superbowl contender, but you don't think they have talent now at all 3 levels of the D, on their OLine, and at the skill positions? there are still some holes, but with good QB play, there's no reason the Bucs couldn't be in playoff contention.
No. I meant I can't understand how you believe this Freeman/Glennon stuff. Because the Bucs do have a good team, and they aren't going to toss that away for a third round rookie QB from Mayberry.

Exactly.

Great call bumping something from may. I'll go dig up all your failed Red Sox predictions in the other forum. :thumbup:

Exactly.

Great call bumping something from may. I'll go dig up all your failed Red Sox predictions in the other forum. :thumbup:

Your predictions were even worse than mine in that thread. ;)

Exactly.

Your predictions were even worse than mine in that thread. ;)

I still had the Rays in. :thumbup:

Exactly.

:lmao:

I think Freeman will pop up somewhere, and i would not be shocked if he gets with a QBN guru and turns into a solid NFL QB

I'd also not be shocked if we never see him start again

I think tampa is a trainwreck and i think the coach is a big part of that

If the Freeman rumors being discussed on Tampa sports talk radio today are true, then the answer to the topic question is rehab.

It's one way to explain the regression he's shown.

[Rick James]Cocaine is a hell of a drug[/Rick James]

There was a thread on Reddit about Freeman before this year where some guy claiming to be a VIP/club promoter in Tampa said that Freeman did "a LOT of blow." It was completely buried hundreds of posts deep in a general topic about Freeman's development and the guy said it very matter of factly.

Didn't give much credence to it then even though it was so hidden and so offhanded that it definitely wasn't a 'look at me' type thing. But now I'm wondering.

Edited by wdcrob

Lots of clipboard holding.

:bow:

Only the box score watchers thought he'd be something. You've got to be able to throw a timing route at the NFL level. The guy is/was absolutely clueless in that aspect.

If he gets himself together, he'll get another chance elsewhere as a backup with his arm. Not someone I'd want leading my team week in/week out.

Rotoworld:

Bucs coach Greg Schiano endorsed Josh Freeman as his starting quarterback Monday.

Freeman is completing a Tebow-esque 45.7 percent of his passes this season, but the Bucs aren't yet ready to throw rookie Mike Glennon into the fire. Freeman has posted a 2:4 TD:turnover ratio, and owns a pathetic 59.3 QB rating. Rattled and regressing, Freeman likely doesn't have much longer under center in Tampa.
Related: Mike Glennon

The kiss of death.