Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond

Evil G

Did anyone take my advice and sell him?

No.

What's your favorite 14-point memory of the Lamar Miller Era?

He was injured and played sparingly...just like all the experts said he would ahead of time. Your response makes it sound like he just went out and carried the ball 20 times for 30 yards.

I'm more concerned about the loss of Albert than his injury for the rest of the season. This makes him a low-end RB2 IMO.

I agree. Kind of disappointing, but that's a big deal. Can rationalize still giving him starts in the flex or as injury filler at RB2, but he is just that I think, mid-low RB2 production here on out. It's OK because his draft ADP won't sink you, but his injury combined with a key OL injury makes me think he's a downgrade from a high RB2 with upside to a low RB2/high end flex.

I'm more concerned about the loss of Albert than his injury for the rest of the season. This makes him a low-end RB2 IMO.

I agree. Kind of disappointing, but that's a big deal. Can rationalize still giving him starts in the flex or as injury filler at RB2, but he is just that I think, mid-low RB2 production here on out. It's OK because his draft ADP won't sink you, but his injury combined with a key OL injury makes me think he's a downgrade from a high RB2 with upside to a low RB2/high end flex.

While I agree its not a positive to lose your best lineman, I'm not ready to agree its all that bad for Miller at the moment. They do have a 1st round draft choice to stick over there in Juwan James, and he's been reportedly playing pretty well. Also, Tannehill has been a much better QB over the last handful of weeks. When the match ups get better for the Dolphins offense there could be more TDs to go around. QBs make a huge difference obviously.

Did anyone take my advice and sell him?

No.

What's your favorite 14-point memory of the Lamar Miller Era?

He was injured and played sparingly...just like all the experts said he would ahead of time. Your response makes it sound like he just went out and carried the ball 20 times for 30 yards.

No, my post is a follow up to my recommendation that Lamar Miller owners trade him. That was based on his usage being capped by his coaches -- limiting his upside -- and the brutal schedule Weeks 10-14.

Of course, I couldn't have predicted a shoulder injury. That's just bad luck.

Rotoworld:

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins signed LaMichael James off their practice squad because they're "concerned" with Lamar Miller's shoulder.

Miller only played 11 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Lions. Beat reporter Barry Jackson expects Miller to enter Thursday's game against the Bills "limited" by the injury. It appears Miami's backfield will remain a three-way rotation playing on a short week. Damien Williams and Daniel Thomas will also be involved. It's a fantasy situation to avoid against Buffalo's stout run defense.
Nov 10 - 5:16 PM

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel expects Lamar Miller (probable, shoulder) to be part of a rotation again Thursday night.

Miller's AC sprain limited him severely in Sunday's loss at Detroit, getting just five touches compared to 10 for Damien Williams and five for Daniel Thomas. Given the short week, we doubt Miller will be back to full strength for Thursday's game against Buffalo's quietly stout run defense. He's a very, very shaky RB2 bet.

He's on my bench until his shoulder clears up and he's a full go. Starting Jonas fray over him. That's how low my confidence is in miller to produce tonight with an injury on a short week in a tough matchup. Buyer beware

I'm thinking about starting Jonas Gray in Miller's place as well. My only other option would probably be A.Dixon.

why so high on Jonas Gray in here? Matchup or outlook? Any NE injuries?

seems like more of an indication for how low they are on lamar for tonights game. i'm benching lamar tonight but hope he returns to form for week 12. he was pretty consistent this year. always wishing he got more touches though.

• Like 1

From Joe Bryant's Breaking email just sent out:

For the Dolphins, RB Lamar Miller is expected to get the bulk of the carries.

Now, I'm confused.

Really? I didn't get that email. Is that all it says about Miller? I've heard nothing but bad news about him all week. WTF

Now, I'm confused.

Really? I didn't get that email. Is that all it says about Miller? I've heard nothing but bad news about him all week. WTF

Footballguys Update - BUF RB Fred Jackson OUT

Inbox

x

Joe Bryant

6:35 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me

To unsubscribe from these mailings, click here. 4787864

---

Hi Folks,

Just a headsup that Bills RB Fred Jackson is out for tonight's game. Alex Marvez reports on his Twitter feed: “@alexmarvez Confirmed on @AmericasPregame that @buffalobills RB Fred Jackson & @MiamiDolphins LG Daryn Colledge are out for tonight's game”

Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown will carry the RB load. The team will reportedly go with the hot hand let game flow dictate the carries.

Bills WR Sammy Watkins will play.

Have a great rest of your Thursday.

J

Joe Bryant

Owner - Footballguys.com

Now, I'm confused.

Footballguys Update - BUF RB Fred Jackson OUT

Inbox

x

Joe Bryant

6:35 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me

To unsubscribe from these mailings, click here. 4787864

---

Hi Folks,

Just a headsup that Bills RB Fred Jackson is out for tonight's game. Alex Marvez reports on his Twitter feed: “@alexmarvez Confirmed on @AmericasPregame that @buffalobills RB Fred Jackson & @MiamiDolphins LG Daryn Colledge are out for tonight's game”

Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown will carry the RB load. The team will reportedly go with the hot hand let game flow dictate the carries.

Bills WR Sammy Watkins will play.

Have a great rest of your Thursday.

J

Joe Bryant

Owner - Footballguys.com

So yeah, that basically conflicts with every other report about Miller that has come out all week.

I don't get it. Every time they take this guy out, it's auto punt. Every time. He only carries it like every 7 plays, how tired can he be? They obviously want to run the clock out, run it.

Oh well.

Why wouldn't Philbin hand the rock to Thomas to finish the night off.
So they could get first downs?