What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (3 Viewers)

Just remember that they have played some truly awful teams the last two weeks. No doubt he is a top ten guy when he gets the carries.

Just remember that they have played some truly awful teams the last two weeks. No doubt he is a top ten guy when he gets the carries.
Yeah for sure. I don't think anyone expects the Houston numbers on a consistent basis...but he seems like low RB1 floor at this stage.

On the other hand, keep in mind he was pulled at halftime against Houston and mid-2nd half vs the Titans. If he had played the whole game who knows what his numbers could have been like....so we actually don't know the guys new ceiling quite yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
steelerfan1 said:
so there's:

freeman

bell

gurley

forte

AP

ingram

ivory

I know I have the first 3 ahead of lamar, but not sure about the rest going forward.
In PPR I think:

Bell

Forte

AP

Freeman

Gurley

Miller

Ingram

Ivory

Miller's gonna be a beast moving forward and is a total steal at his ADP. However I can't bring myself to elevate him above the likes of the backs I put on top of the list. For one, the new Phins haven't been tested against real competition yet. And just straight up there's a lot of consistent performers ahead of him who have proven they can sustain it.
Doug Martin in there somewhere?

"Doug Martin in there somewhere?"

Yeah good call. I'd slot him in between Ingram and Ivory...or maybe right under Ivory but that whole second half of the list is pretty close in my opinion.

Decided today to roll with him tonight in my flex, probably over R.Cobb. Waffled all week but went back to 1) he's been on a major roll 2) he was pulled at halftime last Sunday so he's more rested than a usual Thursday night RB.

I'm not expecting anywhere near last week's production vs the Pats. If I can get 15-20 points out of him I'll be fine with that.

As I posted earlier in the thread, Brady led teams in NE are 12-1 with an average score of 27-13. The Dolphins play them tough in Florida, but the games in Foxboro are usually not pretty.

As I posted earlier in the thread, Brady led teams in NE are 12-1 with an average score of 27-13. The Dolphins play them tough in Florida, but the games in Foxboro are usually not pretty.
Very true but we didn't play those games with a man leading the team who gargles ox blood, shaves with a flaming axe and draws plays on his chest in blood using a Rambo knife...I'm just saying.

Alright so I screwed up going against "When in doubt, Thursdays out". Luckily I'm playing the league bottom dweller this week so I still have a shot

14.4 points in PPR in an absolute #### show of a game on offense.

Be grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna chalk this one up to "nobody's beating the Patriots this year" combined with the Thursday night element. Still optimistic on Miller moving forward. He looked damn good the last two games but the Pats are just an unstoppable force.

He was targeted in the pass game, also got the goal line carries, so all that is good.

Miller really didnt have a good game. He slipped and fell on a couple plays that looked like he could gain chunks of yards.

Still quit optimistic going forward. You dont play NE every week.

Yeah, he had 14 touches and slipped and fell early on two of them. Glad he got the TD to save his day. It was a little concerning to see them go basically all pass again as soon as they were down a couple scores.

He was targeted in the pass game, also got the goal line carries, so all that is good.

Miller really didnt have a good game. He slipped and fell on a couple plays that looked like he could gain chunks of yards.

Still quit optimistic going forward. You dont play NE every week.
Yeah, he had 14 touches and slipped and fell early on two of them. Glad he got the TD to save his day. It was a little concerning to see them go basically all pass again as soon as they were down a couple scores.
CleatGate?

For as bad as the offense looked, for Miller to come away with 14.4 points, isn't too shabby. Strangely, that's what ESPN had him projected in my league.

Don't think many of us expected him to go off like the last 2 weeks, so I'm not too disappointed with his point total this week.

Every run looked like tecmo bowl when New England picked their play.

This is the kind of week you just forget about and move on.

Agree with others - after that sinkhole of a performance by the Dolphins' offense, Miller owners walking away with 14 points in a PPR league have to be whistling Diixie.

They were using gray too much in the game the first half. That one series from Miller where he scored is where most of his production/points came from.

I'm still optimistic on him tho

They were using gray too much in the game the first half. That one series from Miller where he scored is where most of his production/points came from.

I'm still optimistic on him tho
Seemed like they were using Gray as more a passing back for some reason. I remember seeing one pass where he was wide open over the middle and it just went right off his hands. Not sure why they don't trust Miller in passing situations unless they just wanted to keep him fresh?

Campbell forgot what was having him 2-0 these past two games, and forgot that not using Miller in essence got Philbin fired. Yesterday was a clear example of one coach out coaching another, Campbell was out of his realm last night.

bad game from the entire Miami defense. doesn't give me a cause for alarm at all. this will be a good reminder of what they need to fix to compete in their division.

Users who are viewing this thread