What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (2 Viewers)

No idea what happened.  They keep running blue out there, but it's not like he's doing anything.  It's weird
He took a big hit on his 15 yd run at the end of the third and went to the bench. Don't think he came back after. FYI, the stat shows he took a hand off next play, but im almost positive it was Blue bc TV showed Miller wincing on sidelines. Maybe ribs??   Either way, his usage is terrible. Up the gut for 3, rinse repeat. Obrien is garbage

He doesn't get dumpoff passes from Watson and kills his potential value. He also the anti-Saquon Barkley in that the first guy always brings him down.

Oh lord. I went into the season with ajayi Miller drake and thighs two of those guys are gonna pop for sure!  Oops

chad in Indy said:
He took a big hit on his 15 yd run at the end of the third and went to the bench. Don't think he came back after. FYI, the stat shows he took a hand off next play, but im almost positive it was Blue bc TV showed Miller wincing on sidelines. Maybe ribs??   Either way, his usage is terrible. Up the gut for 3, rinse repeat. Obrien is garbage
shame on me for buying in to the pre-season hype AGAIN on this guy. He just isn't that good. Even if he is hurt i cant see alf blue being too useful, we've seen that show before too

shame on me for buying in to the pre-season hype AGAIN on this guy. He just isn't that good. Even if he is hurt i cant see alf blue being too useful, we've seen that show before too
This is the third year now that shows that he is not cut out to be a workhorse, but rather a dynamic change of pace guy. But after 2+ years of wear and tear, whatever explosiveness he had, he seems to have left it in Miami. 

If Freeman can recover from his Achilles, the door may be open for him to take over the backfield.

Sell window has come and gone.  This guy has been exposed as JAG or maybe even a little less than JAG.  Had a golden opportunity with nobody of note to compete with for carries in (on paper) a decent offense, and he face planted.  Waiting for one fluke good game to give me one more shot at cleansing my roster of this funk, and I will pounce on whatever reasonable deals I can generate.  

For dynasty, does anyone still believe whether D'onte Foreman has any value here.  The opportunity still seems to be there, if he can recover fully from the Achilles.

For dynasty, does anyone still believe whether D'onte Foreman has any value here.  The opportunity still seems to be there, if he can recover fully from the Achilles.
Oh yeah, Foreman had juice and won't automatically go down to the first guy. Issue with him was he's not a pass catcher. In this offense assuming the line improves and he comes the man in the future it's not a reach to say he'd be a Top 20 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell window has come and gone.  This guy has been exposed as JAG or maybe even a little less than JAG.  Had a golden opportunity with nobody of note to compete with for carries in (on paper) a decent offense, and he face planted.  Waiting for one fluke good game to give me one more shot at cleansing my roster of this funk, and I will pounce on whatever reasonable deals I can generate.  
imo, there was really never much of a market for Miller. i got him in dynasty when he was still in Miami. he's had his moments since then but it sure looks like he's in decline. i would only start him now as a bye week cover.

I wouldn't pay a 4th round rookie pick for Foreman.  He'll never approach the level of an NFL RB again.

Oh yeah, Foreman had juice and won't automatically go down to the first guy. Issue with him was he's not a pass catcher. In this offense assuming the line improves and he comes the man in the future it's not a reach to say he'd be a Top 20 back.
That is a lot of unlikely to come true assumptions. No RB in history has successfully come back from an Achilles tear. He'd need to defy all data to this point, in order to even become a cog in the offense let alone the man. Its unfortunate, because he showed some upside, but the most likely outcome, is maybe he becomes a GL back who sees 5 carries a week, and slots in behind Miller and Blue.

Ultimately the o-line is a bigger problem than Miller is. Not that he's playing great, but that line can't block at all. 

Ultimately the o-line is a bigger problem than Miller is. Not that he's playing great, but that line can't block at all. 
That may be the case, but we're going on three years now of him not running the ball well. At some point, it has be clear that he's just as much to blame.

Dude is stealing $. Falls down at first contact. When with the Dolphins, he actually lead the league at one point in yards after contact. Fooled me a couple years back. Cut him last year happily.

Speaking Monday, Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Lamar Miller came out of Sunday's game "a little banged up," but that he believes Miller should be "OK."

Miller is often a little banged up. It sounds like he could miss some practice time this week but ultimately be out there for Sunday night's game against the Cowboys. Miller is merely the RB34 by average points thus far.
So Miller did get hurt apparently, but it wasn't serious. I am so ready to jettison this dude.

This week he was active but didn't play, reminiscent of what the Texans did with Will Fuller last year. I hope he learned something because when he plays next week vs. Buffalo he may find himself in the lower part of a committee. His flaws are easy for all to see... once he became a starting RB he lost his explosiveness and elusive ability. He goes down to the first man all the time (the anti-Saquon Barkley) and for some reason he's not really utilized as a pass catcher despite his voluminous role. A popular ZeroRB target, he's in danger of geting cut next season with Foreman coming back soon.

their o line is just terrible. But make no mistake alfred blue is a guy. foreman is a question mark too although he obviously showed potential last year. Miller should retain a 15 touch role in this offense.

seeing blue catch 8 passes amused me greatly as it took BoB 4 weeks to decide to get the RB involved in the passing game? Miller only has 8 receptions for the entire season.

their o line is just terrible. But make no mistake alfred blue is a guy. foreman is a question mark too although he obviously showed potential last year. Miller should retain a 15 touch role in this offense.

seeing blue catch 8 passes amused me greatly as it took BoB 4 weeks to decide to get the RB involved in the passing game? Miller only has 8 receptions for the entire season.
That was my big observation as a Miller owner.....Blue doesn't scare me with his 18 yards on 18 carries, but why they hell did they throw him the ball 8 times when they hardly target Miller at all? 

Foreman doesn't scare me because he's had a career damaging injury.  If Miller could just get use like Blue got last night he'd be easily meeting his value.

That was my big observation as a Miller owner.....Blue doesn't scare me with his 18 yards on 18 carries, but why they hell did they throw him the ball 8 times when they hardly target Miller at all? 

Foreman doesn't scare me because he's had a career damaging injury.  If Miller could just get use like Blue got last night he'd be easily meeting his value.
What's that?

I have Miller and Blue in dynasty on a team that has garbage at RB (Cook, Drake, Henry). I wish they'd give the job to Blue, who is just better than Miller at this point. At least he does something. Miller gets outscored by other team's backups. 

20 carries for 46 yards.  1 carry for 17 and 1 for 11 I believe.  18 yards on the other 18 carries.  Doesn't matter to me as I sold Miller for Breida.

I have Miller and Blue in dynasty on a team that has garbage at RB (Cook, Drake, Henry). I wish they'd give the job to Blue, who is just better than Miller at this point. At least he does something. Miller gets outscored by other team's backups. 
I've held on to him for like 5 years....actually sold him early this year and then made another trade to get him back and now just did a third trade to sell him back to the same guy for Breida, even post-injury.

Redraft league, I'm actually thinking about dropping him for Clement, Smallwood, or Cohen 
You might be kicking yourself in the ### in a couple of weeks. Breida has a defined role that he is excelling in, and those other guys not only don't, but probably will never. 

Redraft league, I'm actually thinking about dropping him for Clement, Smallwood, or Coh

I was referring to Miller not Breida 

Redraft league, I'm actually thinking about dropping him for Clement, Smallwood, or Coh

I was referring to Miller not Breida 
Debating the same, is Miller finally done? Always seems to hang on.......would hate to blow a wad then Eagles trade for a RB.

Owning Miller sucks. He's not bad enough to drop but not good enough that you want to keep. Very low ceiling. 

That’s my thinking too. But Dallas was just letting them have those passes to Blue it seemed. Maybe they would have paid attention to Miller.

Miller should get at least a 65/35 split with Blue. If he booms vs. Tampa Bay (and he should if the usage at the RB position hods true) try to deal him ASAP. Something tells me the D'Onta Foreman will play a role in this backfield before too long.

Users who are viewing this thread