What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (2 Viewers)

Lamar Miller rushed 19 times for 103 yards while catching one pass for 12 yards in Sunday's Week 13 win over the Browns.

This was Miller's second 100-yard rushing game in a row and the fourth that he's had over his past six games. With the Texans continuing to control games, Miller has turned his season around and worked his way into weekly RB2 status. Miller will be a solid option once again next week at home when the Texans host the Colts
Also had 1 catch for 12 yards. The game was a blowout so early that Miller got extra carries.

Lamar Miller amassed 33 yards and a touchdown on 14 carries while also contributing five catches for 19 yards on six targets Sunday in the Texans’ Week 14 loss to Indianapolis.

Coming off back-to-back 100-yard rushing games, Miller was abysmal in the first half, losing five yards on six carries while also ceding a goal-line touchdown to Alfred Blue. Miller did find the end zone eventually, punching in a one-yard score to cap Houston's opening drive of the second half. The 27-year-old finds himself 91 yards shy of his third-career 1,000-yard rushing season. He'll try to reach that milestone next week against the Jets.
Line killed Watson and Miller all game.

He's finding ways to be productive down the stretch here. I'm starting him because of Hunt and it's not as painful as expected.

Lamar Miller (ankle) didn't return in Week 15 against the Jets.

Oddly enough, the running back was on the sideline for the entire second half but didn't see a single carry after initially exiting. Alfred Blue did nothing to ensure reps beyond this week, rushing nine times for six yards. Although Miller's status is currently unclear, it's possible the Texans finally activate D'Onta Foreman in Week 16 just to add another dimension to their offense.
He finished with 3 carries for 8 yards. It sounded like he was healthy enough to play but the staff didn't want to risk it.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lamar Miller's ankle injury isn't serious.

Miller was sidelined the entire second half of Saturday's win, but it sounds like he's avoided a high-ankle sprain. There's a chance he plays next week without missing any time. With Miller at less than 100 percent, the Texans may look to activate D'Onta Foreman in Week 16.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 16 - 8:24 AM

Texans GM Brian Gaine views Lamar Miller as the starting running back in 2019.

Miller has been something of a disappointment in Houston and is owed $5.5 million in 2019, the final year of his deal, but the Texans are extremely thin at running back. Perhaps this changes if D'Onta Foreman proves his health, but Miller is atop the depth chart as of now. That said, it would not be a surprise if the Texans draft a running back this year.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Feb 28, 2019, 9:06 AM

Does anybody think Miller will be the starting RB in Houston this year? It would seem nobody believes it as he is going undrafted until really late. Is he a buy low?

Does anybody think Miller will be the starting RB in Houston this year? It would seem nobody believes it as he is going undrafted until really late. Is he a buy low?
I am getting him everywhere I can. He can compile stats on his way to yet another boring RB2 season while no one is looking. He has consistently cranked out the numbers every year since 2014. Remember when Zero RB was a thing? If your draft evolves this way, nab Miller. 

We'll have a better idea after the draft. A lot of mock drafts have the Texans linked with some mid-round RB's, but they have a lot of other needs, especially on offensive line and in the secondary so drafting a RB is not a sure thing. They need a body to replace Alfred Blue, though there is some thought that Foreman can do that now that he is a year removed from the Achilles tear.

We'll have a better idea after the draft. A lot of mock drafts have the Texans linked with some mid-round RB's, but they have a lot of other needs, especially on offensive line and in the secondary so drafting a RB is not a sure thing. They need a body to replace Alfred Blue, though there is some thought that Foreman can do that now that he is a year removed from the Achilles tear.
Obviously. But yeah he is going really late. I more or less went zero RB in a startup and he is sitting there in the 15th round. Probably a no brainer to take him but it scares me. 

Obviously. But yeah he is going really late. I more or less went zero RB in a startup and he is sitting there in the 15th round. Probably a no brainer to take him but it scares me. 
Taking a starting RB in the 15th round should not be scary.  Taking a backup RB in the 15th round should not even be scary.

I would agree on no brainer that late, even if they draft someone he isn't losing his job for a while. Taking him that late you can always cut him if need be.

I know he isnt sexy, but I think he is so incredibly undervalued.  Not a terrible RB2, and a great RB3 who consistently puts up numbers in a very under the radar fashion.  Good blurb on him today...

Lamar Miller shed eight pounds by adopting a new diet this offseason.

Beat reporter Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle noted that Miller looked "visibly leaner and more explosive" in offseason workouts. Miller, who has increased his fruit and vegetable intake while putting an emphasis on "leaner proteins," estimated his current weight at 220-221 pounds. In addition to changing his body composition, Miller has also worked to improve as a pass-catcher, an area that has never been his strong suit. "This offseason, that's one of the things that I've been working on, just running routes on the outside of the backfield," said the veteran ball-carrier. "I feel like that's something that I can help this team do." The two-time 1,000-yard rusher should be treated as a volume-based RB2 in most fantasy formats.

Picked him up in the 10th round of a recent 12 team startup as my RB3.  Very happy to have grabbed him there and agree that he is perpetually undervalued.  Couldn't wait any longer as I punted hard on RB early and needed another starter and a later RB run had started.

Lamar Miller shed eight pounds by adopting a new diet this offseason.

Beat reporter Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle noted that Miller looked "visibly leaner and more explosive" in offseason workouts. Miller, who has increased his fruit and vegetable intake while putting an emphasis on "leaner proteins," estimated his current weight at 220-221 pounds. In addition to changing his body composition, Miller has also worked to improve as a pass-catcher, an area that has never been his strong suit. "This offseason, that's one of the things that I've been working on, just running routes on the outside of the backfield," said the veteran ball-carrier. "I feel like that's something that I can help this team do." The two-time 1,000-yard rusher should be treated as a volume-based RB2 in fantasy drafts this summer.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Jun 27, 2019, 1:57 PM ET

Picked him up in the 10th round of a recent 12 team startup as my RB3.  Very happy to have grabbed him there and agree that he is perpetually undervalued.  Couldn't wait any longer as I punted hard on RB early and needed another starter and a later RB run had started.
same here.  I didn't want the guy, but for the value, I'll take him as my 2 or 3 (depending on Guice)

Lamar Miller is that guy who's probably on a lot of fantasy playoff teams but you didn't start him in the playoffs. Volume-ish RB who for SOME reason never gets 4-5 receptions per game in that O. We've done the "lost weight" thing with him before, however with D'onta Foreman looming it would be a good thing if Miller recouped value by getting more receptions.

Glad to see this. He has been falling to the 9th in my mocks and I thought that was crazy. Perfectly happy with him as my 4th RB. 

Didn't Hou upgrade their O-line? hard to discount a guy who gets 220~ carries/yr and scores TDs. He's more dull than dishwater , more plain jane than a honda car, but he's a TERRIFIC #3 RB and/or flex option! He's someone who could, in a pinch, get you RB2 #s for a week here and there.

love his value in 2019

I like him in best ball leagues, or in dynasty leagues where I'm thin at RB, or in deeper leagues where there are 30+ RBs starting each week. Less worth going after in standard redraft leagues, although at some point in the draft he becomes a value.

Just when I finally escape... THEY PULL ME BACK IN!

I'm going to wind up with this dude on my team AGAIN, won't I? I think I've had him 2-3 straight years now.

keeps falling. I don’t get it.  He’s the starting RB on a decent offense.  Sure there’s not much excitement there, but at some point he’s a bargain.

keeps falling. I don’t get it.  He’s the starting RB on a decent offense.  Sure there’s not much excitement there, but at some point he’s a bargain.
I’m guessing he has disappointed owners for the several years so they’ve been burned. 

I think there is a very fair question about him keeping that starting job. Also he hasn't done much with it lately, so there is almost no upside now that Duke is on board. He's a low-end RB3 in my opinion, and isn't really a consideration until about round 7.

Carted off after his ONLY preseason carry.

Up comes Duke.

On that note, DeShaun Watson is getting brutalized thusfar, maybe they won't be happy until they lose him too.

TZM

Carted off after his ONLY preseason carry.

Up comes Duke.

On that note, DeShaun Watson is getting brutalized thusfar, maybe they won't be happy until they lose him too.

TZM
that sucks for Lamar. To be honest, I've been fading most Houston players in my drafts. The line concerns me that much.

David J. Chao @ProFootballDoc

Limited video with only one angle. Likely MCL sprain, worry for ACL tear. Hope the video lies.

Fire up the Ajayi train!! Choo choo

🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃💨💨
This will happen, bummed that you beat me to it. Unless you're being sarcastic because there's a lot of that going around about him.

Duke is what he is, not really a ball carrier. The stupid Texans won't want some Davey Crockett atop the depth chart to start the season. Maybe they wait to see if Hyde or Yeldon get cut, but they probably sign Ajayi.

They should trade for AP tonight. AP won't be happy losing carries to Guice (who is clearly going to be the guy) and AP would love to come back home. Just makes a lot of sense for both teams. 

They should trade for AP tonight. AP won't be happy losing carries to Guice (who is clearly going to be the guy) and AP would love to come back home. Just makes a lot of sense for both teams. 
If I’m Buffalo, I’m dangling McCoy to the Texans.

All that said, trades like this don’t typically happen and it’ll be Duke, Crockett and an Ajayi-type signing.

Texans should trade for melvin gordon.  Get a real RB in there, push all chips in and go for it.  Clowney and a high pick for gordon.   🤷🏻‍♂️
Honestly, not a horrible idea. But I could see one of the old men from Buffalo going too. 

I wonder if they have any interest in featuring Duke. 

Users who are viewing this thread