What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeGarrette Blount signs with NE (1 Viewer)

This entire thread may have the most speculation of any thread I've read recently. I'm not insulting anyone here but I'm pointing out that it's almost useless to speculate about BB or what it means that the players are playing at certain times during the preseason.

I think Blount and Gray will have good years. The Pats are going to be ahead in a lot of games.
The Pats in recent years have not tried to grind the clock out until the last two minutes, preferring instead to run it up.
The PAT defense could take a step back. The PAT offense may try to run the ball more to take some pressure off the defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
This entire thread may have the most speculation of any thread I've read recently. I'm not insulting anyone here but I'm pointing out that it's almost useless to speculate about BB or what it means that the players are playing at certain times during the preseason.
Actually what gets me is the lack of speculation on the pass receiving back in the Pats offense. Who is the Vereen/Faulk in this offense?

Actually what gets me is the lack of speculation on the pass receiving back in the Pats offense. Who is the Vereen/Faulk in this offense?
White gets my vote here

White gets my vote here
Dion Lewis is my guess.

1) they may not have one2) if cadet makes the team I think it's because he's the guy they want in there. They loved him before the injury. If not then Lewis seems like the leader in the clubhouse.

Blount and Lewis it is, White behind both and Bolden as a special teamer capable of both roles and terrible at either.

Blount failed a conditioning test on a day that was 95 degrees wioth 95 humidity and their was a health warning locally to avoid spending too much time outside. Trust me, I was out that day and got winded just walking to my car. IMO, way different than if it were a more reasonable temperature and humidity.
Poor guy, we can't expect him to play a game for millions of dollars in 95 humidity! He deserves a nap.
I think we probably shouldn't have anyone play any game at 95 degrees with 95% humidity.

Maybe deathball.
But that's the Dolphins' secret weapon!

I still contend Jonas is the guy to draft. His adp vs potential role is a can't lose proposition.
:oldunsure:
Didn't see that coming, but like I said, can't lose. It was my second to last pick that is now a spot for the hot WW pick for week 1. Had potential, but we got the reveal early which is very helpful.
New England Patriots Schedule Standings Stats Roster Live Blog Odds Patriots Roster Cuts Tracker: Jonas Gray Reportedly To Be Cut Or Traded by Doug Kyed on Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 1:14PM18,302 Share this: Fancred 1:37 p.m.: The Patriots could try to trade Gray, ESPN’s Field Yates reports. Gray hasn’t been told he’s been cut yet, a source told the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe. The Patriots also are “actively” shopping for a big-bodied wide receiver, according to a league source.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/09/patriots-roster-cuts-tracker-team-must-whittle-roster-to-53-players/

LOL unbelievable, literally just dumped Duke Johnson for Jonas Gray as he was sitting on the WW.

Who is the week 1 fill in now ? Lewis ?

LOL unbelievable, literally just dumped Duke Johnson for Jonas Gray as he was sitting on the WW.

Looks like they still have Bolden, Lewis, Cadet and White (and Gray technically according to the above link) on the roster but they still have cuts to make.

I don't think anyone will be fantasy start worthy Week 1 in standard scoring (0 ppr) leagues. I think the Pats will scheme to pass a ton and utilize their dink and dunk bubble screens and short passing routes to serve as their running game. Brady goes nuts if the blocking holds up. Team leader in rushes might max out at 10 carries unless they get so far ahead that they can take the air out of the ball (pardon the pun) and just run it late.

Nice bump for Blount here.

Not easy to find 20 RBs to place ahead of him at this point in non-PPR.

Freelove already posted his angry Blount good, content Blount bad theory earlier in this thread if you're interested

What's the line look like? Nice to be able to win with just plain power sometimes.
Solder and Vollmer great, Stork great. The guards are all over the place. Jackson I think has secured a start, the other 3 are not settled in yet. Shaq Mason is killing it run blocking but not so much pass blocking. Line is slightly better than last year. I'd say much better run blocking, that 50+ yard Jonas Gray TD was 90% Shaq Mason and 9% James Develin.

Great news for Blount owners. Guy is going to be $$$ in standard leagues.
No, he's not.
Why not? Good offense, good schedule, proven success, goal line back, clock killing hammer, being used more in passing game, no real threats to his role. Arrow pointing straight up for Blount.
Agreed. I don't understand why some people are trying to make this seem so convoluted. Start him week 2 and enjoy.

No, he's not.
Why not? Good offense, good schedule, proven success, goal line back, clock killing hammer, being used more in passing game, no real threats to his role. Arrow pointing straight up for Blount.
Agreed. I don't understand why some people are trying to make this seem so convoluted. Start him week 2 and enjoy.
Oof...did he forget where the stadium was?

Totally surprised. I knew Lewis would be heavily involved but I figured Blount would be in on the goal line and when they built a lead. This could be a changing of the guard.

No, he's not.
Oof...did he forget where the stadium was?
People must have forgotten how the Patriots roll. If I owned Blount, i probably would have started him today too but I wasn't surprised one bit to see the game almost over and him sitting with a goose egg.

Lewis, on the other hand, is going to be the play all year. I don't know if he has blackmail evidence or what but when you fumble two straight weeks and hoodie still rolls you out there, you're the goods.

The entire RB corps had only ten carries. Running the ball was clearly not in the game plan today. There will be games where Blount gets that many carries in a quarter this year. Unless people think Brady is going to throw 60 passes every week.

The entire RB corps had only ten carries. Running the ball was clearly not in the game plan today. There will be games where Blount gets that many carries in a quarter this year. Unless people think Brady is going to throw 60 passes every week.
True. But with this defense I feel like the Pats will be in a bunch of shootouts this year and will go with Lewis more.

True. But with this defense I feel like the Pats will be in a bunch of shootouts this year and will go with Lewis more.
The defense isn't like last years at all where they have great corners and are able to keep people from scoring so i completely agree. Last year they would get up and just run to run the clock. This year they will have to score a lot to make sure they win and thats when lewis is in and blount on the side

The defense will get better. It always does. Almost every team that gets up a lot gives up a ton of yardage and points in the second half.

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN Boston, "word is" LeGarrette Blount will play a bigger role in Week 3 against the Jaguars.

Blount was limited to seven snaps in Week 2 after missing the NFL opener due to a suspension. A bigger role might not mean much for Week 3 considering how little Blount played in last week's win over the Bills, but it would make some sense for the Patriots to try to get their power-running game rolling against the Jaguars. They could have a big lead in the second half, and Blount is a better fit for "closer" work than pint-sized scatback Dion Lewis.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 25 - 3:57 PM

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN Boston, "word is" LeGarrette Blount will play a bigger role in Week 3 against the Jaguars.

Blount was limited to seven snaps in Week 2 after missing the NFL opener due to a suspension. A bigger role might not mean much for Week 3 considering how little Blount played in last week's win over the Bills, but it would make some sense for the Patriots to try to get their power-running game rolling against the Jaguars. They could have a big lead in the second half, and Blount is a better fit for "closer" work than pint-sized scatback Dion Lewis.

5'8" 195# is "pint size"? D Lewis is more then a scatback. Blount is not that good of a short yardage RB

and the Pats do a lot of different stuff at the goal line. ESPN is wrong and Roto is worse for just recycling

this. Blount could see 20+ carries because it's the Jags but I still think it could be a 60/40 split.

Rotoworld:

5'8" 195# is "pint size"? D Lewis is more then a scatback. Blount is not that good of a short yardage RB

and the Pats do a lot of different stuff at the goal line. ESPN is wrong and Roto is worse for just recycling

this. Blount could see 20+ carries because it's the Jags but I still think it could be a 60/40 split.
5'8" & 195 lbs for an NFL RB IS small. He might be more than a scatback, but he is a small RB.

That being said, where are you getting this short-yardage and goal line stuff? The rotoworld/ESPN blurb didn't mention GL or short-yardage, did it? It mentioned "power-running game." I take that as meaning trying to run out the clock, pound the ball between the tackles, and holding onto the football; and Blount IS better at all those things than Lewis (although, to be fair, we've never seen him given the chance to run out the clock at the NFL level).

Rotoworld:

yeah that is pint size when youre running into guys that are 6'4" and 320lbs, danny woodhead is bigger than lewis.

The last time the Pats played a decent front-seven but weak secondary and were huge favorites? Week 12 last year. Blount had only 12 carries, but 78 yards and 2 TDs.

He's better than a lottery ticket but far from a slam dunk. I think he's a phenomenal GPP play this week.

Bayhawks said:
nightmare said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

5'8" & 195 lbs for an NFL RB IS small. He might be more than a scatback, but he is a small RB.

That being said, where are you getting this short-yardage and goal line stuff? The rotoworld/ESPN blurb didn't mention GL or short-yardage, did it? It mentioned "power-running game." I take that as meaning trying to run out the clock, pound the ball between the tackles, and holding onto the football; and Blount IS better at all those things than Lewis (although, to be fair, we've never seen him given the chance to run out the clock at the NFL level).
The only thing I'll agree to is that right now Blount is better at holding onto the ball. Short yardage and goal line is a part of a power backs job. Blount does not run like a power back any more then Lewis plays as a scat back.

Bayhawks said:
nightmare said:
Faust said:
Rotoworld:

5'8" 195# is "pint size"? D Lewis is more then a scatback. Blount is not that good of a short yardage RBand the Pats do a lot of different stuff at the goal line. ESPN is wrong and Roto is worse for just recycling

5'8" & 195 lbs for an NFL RB IS small. He might be more than a scatback, but he is a small RB.That being said, where are you getting this short-yardage and goal line stuff? The rotoworld/ESPN blurb didn't mention GL or short-yardage, did it? It mentioned "power-running game." I take that as meaning trying to run out the clock, pound the ball between the tackles, and holding onto the football; and Blount IS better at all those things than Lewis (although, to be fair, we've never seen him given the chance to run out the clock at the NFL level).
The only thing I'll agree to is that right now Blount is better at holding onto the ball. Short yardage and goal line is a part of a power backs job. Blount does not run like a power back any more then Lewis plays as a scat back.
You don't have to agree for it to be true.Read my post again; I didn't say anything about SY or GL. I'm talking about IF NE decides to run clock, and they want a big back, who will run in the middle, hold onto the football, and hit the defenders. That isn't going to be Lewis. You want to argue that he's a better SY/GL back? OK, go right ahead, but don't try to pretend like that was part of the rotoworld or ESPN blurbs, and don't act like I posted that.

Blount is not a hit the defender power back. N.E. may game plan that way but Blount will be

running heads up make the tacklers miss when he's running inside or out.

Users who are viewing this thread