What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Place on the Web to Discuss TV Shows? (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
To get this out of the way right now, there are some really good threads here for some shows that i watch (Mad Men), but there are other shows I watch that are infrequently discussed here or don't even have threads. So no offense AT ALL to, say, the Mad Men or The Americans thread posters - in fact, the discussion in those threads rocks.

I'm looking for one or more good one-stop shopping-type forums/sites to discuss TV shows. I've read and posted on Television Without Pity (TWOP) for years, but way too many of the posters there are incredibly annoying (for some shows more than others), the moderation is preposterously heavy-handed, and in part because of the moderation, you really can't interact with what anyone else says. So it's just a thread of a bunch of people making posts with no real discussion. Sometimes that's fine, but I have a feeling I can do better. I also generally can't stand the TWOP site and the attitudes of the people who run it, and that hurts the forums.

So . . . any suggestions? If it makes any difference, I watch proabbly 80-85% of the one-hour dramas on TV, and a few reality shows, mostly those on the broadcast networks. I don't watch sitcoms at all.

Thanks.

...way too many of the posters there are incredibly annoying (for some shows more than others), the moderation is preposterously heavy-handed, and in part because of the moderation, you really can't interact with what anyone else says. So it's just a thread of a bunch of people making posts with no real discussion. Sometimes that's fine, but I have a feeling I can do better. I also generally can't stand the TWOP site and the attitudes of the people who run it, and that hurts the forums.
Honestly, it seems like FBG is the antithesis of TWOP in just about every way.

...way too many of the posters there are incredibly annoying (for some shows more than others), the moderation is preposterously heavy-handed, and in part because of the moderation, you really can't interact with what anyone else says. So it's just a thread of a bunch of people making posts with no real discussion. Sometimes that's fine, but I have a feeling I can do better. I also generally can't stand the TWOP site and the attitudes of the people who run it, and that hurts the forums.
Honestly, it seems like FBG is the antithesis of TWOP in just about every way.
Heh. Not sure if you were being serious or not, but in fact . . . you're right.

there are other shows I watch that are infrequently discussed here or don't even have threads. So no offense AT
Start your own thread about these shows.
Not a bad idea, but there's so much else to discuss here that most TV threads - - and again, not all, with Mad Men being a huge exception - - are not going to be all that detailed. I want the detail that TWOP offers without the annoying overmoderation and tiresome posters that TWOP also, uh, offers.

That said, I might consider it. Thanks.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/

I don't know how to fix the links for the new board, but they talk about everything TV related. In depth.
I mentioned TWOP in my original post, as a place I'd like to start visiting less. I was looking for alternatives.
Been at TWOP for 12 years. Just found out they're shutting down for good, NBC is pulling the plug and the forums go down on May 31. Gonna be a while to find a good new spot. We'll see where all the refugees go.

Users who are viewing this thread