What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (1 Viewer)

I can't believe this guy basically played all season after I traded him during the preseason. And he's beasting on top of that. I never thought he'd be able to stay healthy. If he's turned the corner ala Fred Taylor, then he's a top 3 TE.

I can't believe this guy basically played all season after I traded him during the preseason. And he's beasting on top of that. I never thought he'd be able to stay healthy. If he's turned the corner ala Fred Taylor, then he's a top 3 TE.
I did the same (traded away Reed prior to the season). Reed is immensely talented, but his history of injuries concerned me (and I was also loaded with Kelce and Eifert as dynasty TE's). This season, Reed has proven me wrong. He has stayed relatively healthy. For dynasty purposes, I would go so far as to rank Reed as the #2 TE, behind only Gronkowski, and slightly ahead of Olsen, due to age difference. All of the top TE's come with their own injury concerns.

I did the same (traded away Reed prior to the season). Reed is immensely talented, but his history of injuries concerned me (and I was also loaded with Kelce and Eifert as dynasty TE's). This season, Reed has proven me wrong. He has stayed relatively healthy. For dynasty purposes, I would go so far as to rank Reed as the #2 TE, behind only Gronkowski, and slightly ahead of Olsen, due to age difference. All of the top TE's come with their own injury concerns.
I too did the same exact thing and cut him due to injury risk and what at the time looked like a deep bench. I had Jimmy Graham, Kelce, and Julius. Them there's the breaks sometimes in dynasty.

That was the 2nd best game (34.90) by a TE this season in our full PPR with big play/milestone bonuses. Olsen had 35.40 week 3 (8-134-2, 40+ reception.) That virtually assures Reed will have been the TE1 for the week four times this year - including the 3 weeks of the FF Playoffs. 25-333-5 Weeks 14, 15 & 16.

My opponent already sent me a congratulatory note. There's a lot of football left, but certainly a dream start to Championship Week.

That was the 2nd best game (34.90) by a TE this season in our full PPR with big play/milestone bonuses. Olsen had 35.40 week 3 (8-134-2, 40+ reception.) That virtually assures Reed will have been the TE1 for the week four times this year - including the 3 weeks of the FF Playoffs. 25-333-5 Weeks 14, 15 & 16.

My opponent already sent me a congratulatory note. There's a lot of football left, but certainly a dream start to Championship Week.
I went against him in one league and I'm basically screwed. I wouldn't send a congratulatory note to my opponent before the other games - that seems tacky.

Last edited by a moderator:

I went against him in one league and I'm basically screwed. I wouldn't send a congratulatory note to my opponent before the other games - that seems tacky.
I don't comment on games before the week is over - never know how things will swing. But he's a good friend & we've been texting back n forth all week.

Guy is a monster.
When he plays,,
He played a lot this year, and you can start someone else when he doesn't play.
He's played in 13 out of15 games this year. "When he plays" makes it sound like he missed half the season. ???
There are years before this one you know.
How's that stack up against gronk,eifert, Julius and Kielce? They can't all be ironman like gonzo.

Guy is a monster.
When he plays,,
He played a lot this year, and you can start someone else when he doesn't play.
He's played in 13 out of15 games this year. "When he plays" makes it sound like he missed half the season. ???
There are years before this one you know.
How's that stack up against gronk,eifert, Julius and Kielce? They can't all be ironman like gonzo.
Fair point.

• Eifert will miss his 19th game of the last 3 years (15 last year) this week.
  • Gronk has missed 11 games over the last 3
  • Kelce missed 15 games his rookie year (knee), none since
  • Julius has missed 9 games

Next closest stat line with Vernon Davis and Tyler Kroft still to go was Vance McDonald's 5-61-1. He basically fully lapped every te this week.

Reed saved my season in my only redraft league... his production allowed me to trade Gronk midseason to shore up my QB and injury-riddled WRs. Picked up Cam and Megatron (and Delanie Walker). Calvin screwed me in weeks 14 and 15, but Cam propelled my team to the overall points title (ten points for all TDs... yeah.)

:coolstorybro:

In a keeper league where you can keep 4 is Reed 1 to keep?

Maybe,

Absolutely,

Probably,

Just trying to gauge how highly he's thought of here..

(If you have 3 RB's to keep would Reed be a 4th)

Maybe,

Absolutely,

Probably,

in a similar position. is going to be hard not to keep him even w/ injury risk. risk of another concussion or another injury will make me nervous though

very curious to see where he ends up in redraft preseason rankings next year. i'd have to guess it will be gronk, olsen, reed, eifert.... then everyone else a tier below (yes gary barnidge, i'm sorry but you will be lumped with delanie walker, kelce etc. in the mid TE1 tier)

he's only 25 too so potentially 2 more years of elite TE play if the cousins/gruden combo is going to stick around

very curious to see where he ends up in redraft preseason rankings next year. i'd have to guess it will be gronk, olsen, reed, eifert.... then everyone else a tier below (yes gary barnidge, i'm sorry but you will be lumped with delanie walker, kelce etc. in the mid TE1 tier)

he's only 25 too so potentially 2 more years of elite TE play if the cousins/gruden combo is going to stick around
Why only 2 more years potentially?

Maybe,

Absolutely,

Probably,

Are you actually asking this without telling us your roster? :P

Maybe,

Absolutely,

Probably,

Are you actually asking this without telling us your roster? :P
Yes. I didn't want to turn this into a WDIS thread,

Most keeper leagues I've been in have a max you CAN keep but don't have to keep the max.

So if you kept just 3 RB's and no other keepers you'd just pick earlier/have an 4th round pick.

(or just kept 3 of whatever combination)

Would Reed be someone in a situation like that to keep in a league that played TE's.. (to be a 4th keeper)

(again just trying to gauge his value in a scenario type like that would make, basically 4th round pick there)

Is a healthy Jordan Reed the equal of Gronk with an elite QB behind center? The knock on this guy has been his inability to stay healthy. When he has been healthy for a significant stretch this season the dude has been unstoppable...and that's with Cousins throwing him the rock. Imagine if this guy had Brady...or any number of other QBs...and could stay on the field for 14+ games.

Is a healthy Jordan Reed the equal of Gronk with an elite QB behind center? The knock on this guy has been his inability to stay healthy. When he has been healthy for a significant stretch this season the dude has been unstoppable...and that's with Cousins throwing him the rock. Imagine if this guy had Brady...or any number of other QBs...and could stay on the field for 14+ games.
pretty close with if healthy being the big caveat. Cousins has looked pretty good. Can't see Reeds numbers being too much better.

Will be overdrafted next year and miss 4-6 games due to injury.

Staying away.

kyoun1e said:
Will be overdrafted next year and miss 4-6 games due to injury.

Staying away.
That's kind of silly. Could have said the same exact thing about Gronk or Graham 2 years ago and would have missed out on big seasons.

Health is a funny thing in that we absolutely can't predict it no more than players can avoid it but we put a ton of stock into it as if we could.

I think it is much more practical to just go on what we know and Reed is easily in that handful of 305 TEs that could be 1 or 2 next year. I WOULD think that we probably saw close to his ceiling this year. Hard to imagine him being the Antonio Brown of Tes like he was over the second half of the year....but you never know. That type of use DOES exist for some players around the league and maybe Reed is one of them.

I hope this guy landed on a lot of dynasty teams who owned Aaron Hernandez because this is like watching Hernandez all over again (so those teams that lost him get a replacement).

Have the option of keeping Reed or David Johnson for a 14th rounder next year in a 2 man 0.5 ppr keeper league. Had DJ as a no brainer, but am rethinking that now..... Reed has looked incredible.

Have the option of keeping Reed or David Johnson for a 14th rounder next year in a 2 man 0.5 ppr keeper league. Had DJ as a no brainer, but am rethinking that now..... Reed has looked incredible.
Johnson really is unproven at this point in time. We've seen lots of rookie rb's have a great start and fade out, not saying that's likely with Johnson but Reed has shown he's elite.

Maybe,

Absolutely,

Probably,

i can only keep 2 so i have to weigh my options, but yeah Reed is an absolutely if you can keep 4.

GoBirds said:
Has to be right? No one can cover the guy.
I'm a Skins fan and a dynasty Reed owner. I still have trouble getting it. He doesn't jump off the screen as a mismatch and a superstar like Gronk, Graham, Gates, or Gonzo in their primes. Reed is just always ####### open. No matter what. And he never goes down on the first tackle attempt. Just catches balls and bangs up field. I have no idea how good he can be, just happy he's on my side.

He was in and out of our waivers multiple times this season. Ended up trading him for Rb depth. May have been a mistake. Rule 86 seems very legit, but I wouldn't spend a 2nd or 3rd on him, too risky.

Gronk in the 1st, or Reed in the 3rd? Who do you take? If I was reasonably sure Reed would remain healthy it's a no brainer for me. But, Reed's injury history is of particular concern to me because of the nature of his injuries. He seems predisposed to concussions and hamstring injuries, and those are the kinds of injuries that can be more accurately predicted I think -- Some guys are just more susceptible. If Reed gets through next season without suffering either of those injuries and continues to produce at the level he's been at this season, then he will truly be 1b to Gronk's 1a in 2017.

Gronk in the 1st, or Reed in the 3rd? Who do you take? If I was reasonably sure Reed would remain healthy it's a no brainer for me. But, Reed's injury history is of particular concern to me because of the nature of his injuries. He seems predisposed to concussions and hamstring injuries, and those are the kinds of injuries that can be more accurately predicted I think -- Some guys are just more susceptible. If Reed gets through next season without suffering either of those injuries and continues to produce at the level he's been at this season, then he will truly be 1b to Gronk's 1a in 2017.
The number of truly great TEs seems to be on the rise. Gronk isn't worth a 1st round pick anymore, the rest of the pack has closed the gap enough that he's not that big of an advantage.

i'm torn whether to keep this guy. He was unstoppable last year, but injury risk seems so high.

Injury risk is on the high side for sure but it is for Gronk as well and both are pretty big difference makers to fantasy teams so I'll live with a few missed games each year. I kind of view Reed like the Brian Westbrook of TE's. Figure he's going to miss 2-4 games each year but the 12-14 he give you is so immense and difference making you learn to live with replacements/alternatives a few weeks a year.

And really it's got to give you some kind of ease that the Redskins guaranteed him $22 million, they know his medical history a lot better then we ever could.

Users who are viewing this thread