What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Randle cut and suspended for four games (1 Viewer)

What a joke, this reminds me of Rex Ryan bs with QBs.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 40m40 minutes ago

McFadden and Randle both took snaps with first team during brief walk through in the media portion of practice Thursday
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 14m14 minutes ago

#Cowboys Randle doing some 1st-team work. McFadden also taking turn. Randle also taking handoffs from Weeden.
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 20m20 minutes ago

Tony Romo with the delayed handoff to Darren McFadden
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 1h1 hour ago

I have not flipped once on #Cowboys plan. Planned #ChairmanOfCommittee has been Joe Randle, Ive said so since May 2
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1h1 hour ago

Jason Garrett still wants no part of naming his starter at running back. I'm still going with 21
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/players/roster/joseph-randle

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith Mullins ‏@KeithDeuces 1h1 hour ago

@fishsports @BlueTeamTV One RB has been taking first team snaps since OTA's. Folks can read into that or ignore it I suppose.
mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2h2 hours ago

mike fisher retweeted Keith Lofton

See my TL since May 2. :) Joe Randle was 'lead RB' in #Cowboys practice on Wed. No reason for that to change tday

Keith Lofton ‏@keithlofton17

@fishsports any insight on our starting RB Sunday? Thinking they want to keep the Giants guessing but I cant wait.

I and Tiger fans have had the distinct pleasure of watching this guy every Saturday night for LSU. I think I'm looking forward to this, great player. Makes me sick he got out of Louisiana.

https://twitter.com/CoachMattJones/status/641374455667621889
I couldn't believe the Saints passed on him as many times as they did. My head almost exploded in about round 6. Considering how many draft picks they've blown lately, it made no sense. At least here, most people in Louisiana would give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't imagine any huge fall out if he ended up going to trial. He was the best lineman in the draft. Imagine Armstead, Collins, Unger, Evans and Peat. :wall:

I and Tiger fans have had the distinct pleasure of watching this guy every Saturday night for LSU. I think I'm looking forward to this, great player. Makes me sick he got out of Louisiana.

I couldn't believe the Saints passed on him as many times as they did. My head almost exploded in about round 6. Considering how many draft picks they've blown lately, it made no sense. At least here, most people in Louisiana would give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't imagine any huge fall out if he ended up going to trial. He was the best lineman in the draft. Imagine Armstead, Collins, Unger, Evans and Peat. :wall:
He was flatly not going to sign for that kind of money. And the CBA would have forced him to be paid from that slot.

If you didnt use a 1st or 2nd, he wasn't going to agree to sign anything.

His contract is close to 2nd rounder Randy Gregories, but 1 year earlier to FA status. And thats on a team of his choosing.

He was flatly not going to sign for that kind of money. And the CBA would have forced him to be paid from that slot.

If you didnt use a 1st or 2nd, he wasn't going to agree to sign anything.

His contract is close to 2nd rounder Randy Gregories, but 1 year earlier to FA status. And thats on a team of his choosing.
I get that, but they would have had an awful lot of leverage if they took him late. I know what he said, but who knows what he would have done?

hijack over. sorry.

I have to say it, I know, it would have been awesome. And they could have figured out a way. Only saving grace is maybe it's best for him that he got out of the area. But again, Collins over Lelito. Ok, /hijack/closed.

Sunday is going to be fun in this thread. I think it's likely he explodes or implodes. Either way the gloating in here will be epic.

Right now, it appears the Cowboys are leaning toward Randle as the starter...

...And there’s a thought the Cowboys are simply waiting until the season begins to name a full-time starter. But offensive coordinator Scott Linehan makes it sound like a clear-cut starter isn’t necessary, pointing out his first season in the NFL with the Vikings, who led the NFL in rushing despite having a lead back (Michael Bennett) with just 252 carries.

We had a back that had probably 60 percent of the carries and then we had two backs that had the other 40 percent,” Linehan said. “So you can be effective with guys as long as they are playing and running and doing the things you are asking them to do. Last year was unique. It was certainly a great testament to DeMarco and our team last year, but he’s not here anymore. This year you have to define yourself a different way. I feel like being able to do it similar but a different way, maybe with two, three guys doing it, is for sure part of our plan, but also very doable.”
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/09/10/rb-roles-not-officially-assigned-randle-mcfadden-share-excitement

That 02 Vikes team finished 8th in attempts, 1st in yards, 1st in rush TDs.

It also had Daunte Culpepper rushing for 106/609 yards and 10 TDs.

Bennett went 255/1296/5.

Moe Williams went 84/414/11.

Not sure who he means as the 3rd back, Chapman was next with 12 carries. Maybe he meant Culpepper because that would be closer to 60/40.

He might have been thinking of 2003:

Moe - 174/745/5

Onterrio Smith - 107/579/5

Bennett - 90/447/1

Culpepper 73/442/4

Moe did have 87 targets, 65 catches though.

Jerry Being Coy, But Cowboys’ RB Plan Starts With Joe Randle
September 11, 2015 11:32 AM

Mike Fisher Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist...

DALLAS (The Fan) – The Cowboys are trying to be tight-lipped about who will be the starting running back Sunday night against the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium. That goes all the way up to owner Jerry Jones, who wouldn’t offer any clues with 105.3 The Fan’s “G-Bag Nation” on Friday.
“I think you’ll see a situation where we have our first offense and what field position we have,” Jones said. “That could have something to do with it. Secondly, these guys bring different things to the table. So, I think if we get it going early in a series or a drive, then I see the staff … staying with what’s really working for us. We’ll play that one by ear.”
In other words, the same running-back-by-committee approach that we’ve discussed for the last eight months — unchanged. And Cowboys sources tell me something else is unchanged, too: Joe Randle remains the “chairman of the committee.’’
Dallas currently has four running backs on the roster in Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar and Christine Michael, who was acquired via trade with Seattle for a seventh-round pick in 2016 (in part as insurance against Randle’s reputation as a behavioral knucklehead).
In training camp, Randle didn’t run away with the competition. But in practice all this week, he’s been the first guy, ahead of McFadden, who team sources say has taken the second turn in practice with a special emphasis on participating in blitz-pickup situations. Dunbar is the sub-package guy. And Michael is not expected to be activated just yet.
But Jones is telling the truth about the “hot-hand’’ approach for the active runners on Sunday.
“The good news is that I see circumstances beginning, let’s just take the first quarter and the first two or three series of the first quarter. I see circumstances where you could see them all out there with our gameplan.”
That’s not tight-lipped. And that’s not bluffing. It’s even conceivable that on the first play of the game, Dallas is in a sub-package or even an empty backfield. But despite all the in-house attempts at espionage and all the outsiders’ attempts at guessing, the “lead back’’ (if not the “first-play-of-the-game back’’) is scheduled to be Joe Randle.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/11/jerry-being-coy-but-cowboys-rb-plan-starts-with-joe-randle/

Sti

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Jerry Being Coy, But Cowboys’ RB Plan Starts With Joe Randle

September 11, 2015 11:32 AM

Mike Fisher Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist...

DALLAS (The Fan) – The Cowboys are trying to be tight-lipped about who will be the starting running back Sunday night against the New York Giants at AT&T Stadium. That goes all the way up to owner Jerry Jones, who wouldn’t offer any clues with 105.3 The Fan’s “G-Bag Nation” on Friday.

“I think you’ll see a situation where we have our first offense and what field position we have,” Jones said. “That could have something to do with it. Secondly, these guys bring different things to the table. So, I think if we get it going early in a series or a drive, then I see the staff … staying with what’s really working for us. We’ll play that one by ear.”

In other words, the same running-back-by-committee approach that we’ve discussed for the last eight months — unchanged. And Cowboys sources tell me something else is unchanged, too: Joe Randle remains the “chairman of the committee.’’

Dallas currently has four running backs on the roster in Randle, Darren McFadden, Lance Dunbar and Christine Michael, who was acquired via trade with Seattle for a seventh-round pick in 2016 (in part as insurance against Randle’s reputation as a behavioral knucklehead).

In training camp, Randle didn’t run away with the competition. But in practice all this week, he’s been the first guy, ahead of McFadden, who team sources say has taken the second turn in practice with a special emphasis on participating in blitz-pickup situations. Dunbar is the sub-package guy. And Michael is not expected to be activated just yet.

But Jones is telling the truth about the “hot-hand’’ approach for the active runners on Sunday.

“The good news is that I see circumstances beginning, let’s just take the first quarter and the first two or three series of the first quarter. I see circumstances where you could see them all out there with our gameplan.”

That’s not tight-lipped. And that’s not bluffing. It’s even conceivable that on the first play of the game, Dallas is in a sub-package or even an empty backfield. But despite all the in-house attempts at espionage and all the outsiders’ attempts at guessing, the “lead back’’ (if not the “first-play-of-the-game back’’) is scheduled to be Joe Randle.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/11/jerry-being-coy-but-cowboys-rb-plan-starts-with-joe-randle/
Just don't like it. I have Randle and Michael, but gonna let each ride the pine this week

We'll just see how it plays out. I think Randle could be a top 5 back this year if he stays healthy. WHO has the sones to start him!!? lol

Randle all the way. I'm still sticking to 100+ yards and a TD. He's gonna go OFF!!!!!

We'll just see how it plays out. I think Randle could be a top 5 back this year if he stays healthy. WHO has the sones to start him!!? lol
In my lineup in 2 money leagues. Not going to adjust what I believed at the draft in light of McFadden puff pieces.

I gotta decide between him and Stewart...
Same here. All the projections I'm looking at heavily favor Stewart. He has a better matchup and basically no backup to compete with. Hard to argue he doesn't have a larger upside than Randle who is definitely going to lose touches to DMC and CMike throughout the game.

Randle is going to get every opportunity to put a stranglehold on the starting RB job. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this thread 19 hours from now.

Here is what I know.

-The Cowboys were the #2 running team in the NFL last season and #1 from Running backs. Seattle was heavily aided by Wilson's running.

-The Cowboys OL is amongst the better in the league.

-Randle has had character issues in the past but the Cowboys stuck by him through it all which means they seem emotionally invested in him

-Randle slipped heavily in late fantasy drafts.

-Next to Latvius Murray, McFadden looked like he was running in quicksand last season.

-The Seahawks have a 29 year old lead running back and thought it was better to sign a 34 year old backup than keep their own former 2nd round pick Michael.

Yes, I drafted Randle. I am biased but I really think he could blow up this year and end up at least in the top 10 RB's. How confident am I? I drafted Mcfadden to back him up. Now all that is left is to see what happens. :popcorn:

He just had the first drive if the second half almost all to himself. McFadden came in one play when JR lost his shoe. And JR was in on the goal line.

Nah,he's been carrying people driving forward.

What's been most impressive is he looks very comfortable receiving and the Boys have been trusting him a lot with volume.

Over 100 yards combined through 3 quarters. Too bad he didn't get a shot at the goalline.
He was in at the goal line. I started him with lots of worry, but I am pretty happy so far. McFadden sure doesn't seem like he's much of a threat, he seems to be who we thought he was. I did enjoy the receptions. He looked good as a receiver, so that is good news as well. Dunbar seems to come in on any clear passing downs, but it sure seems like Randle is the guy.

Dunbar looked like the best back. Even tho I have Randle and want him to assert himself, I can't ignore Dunbar's performance.

after all that smack talk from randle during the offseason he ended up leaving so much on the field. i cant remember him breaking a single tackle. murray would have had 100+ rushing yards and a td with those same carries.

ATB said:
Dunbar looked like the best back. Even tho I have Randle and want him to assert himself, I can't ignore Dunbar's performance.
He's a great 3rd down back...not going to steal carries

Users who are viewing this thread