What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Randle cut and suspended for four games (1 Viewer)

Its probably been pointed out in this thread but you can't underestimate the effect Callahan had on this run game.

Cowboys on pace to rush for 1512 yards this year. Last year they rushed for 2354 yards.

Redskins on pace to rush for 2744 yards this year. Last year they rushed for 1691.
Yes, people probably associate him with ultimate failures as a HC in Oakland and Nebraska but as an O-line coach....he's as good as it gets.

Its probably been pointed out in this thread but you can't underestimate the effect Callahan had on this run game.

Cowboys on pace to rush for 1512 yards this year. Last year they rushed for 2354 yards.

Redskins on pace to rush for 2744 yards this year. Last year they rushed for 1691.
Thanks, tried to discuss this before. Great point.

Picked him up in all my early leagues. Now comes the payoff.

Of course I didn't get him in my big money league because we drafted late and I grabbed other RBs early. Sigh. Very happy for him though.

Lots of celebration regarding the stat line. Once Faust busted up the party the celebrators left the building. Seems the Cowboys were not thrilled with the performance.

Lots of celebration regarding the stat line. Once Faust busted up the party the celebrators left the building. Seems the Cowboys were not thrilled with the performance.
Dont own Randle or Michael but how did you come to the conclusion that they arent happy with Randle? Are we expecting a sudden and complete takeover?

This is a strange case where most of the discussion about a player is another player's thread. The "evidence" that the Boys are supposedly upset with a 3 TD performance is in editorial comments and headlines by writers seeking to sell copy and the fact that the 4th string RB got some reps with the 1st team. Was it one series of reps, a couple specific packages? That sounds like all. We know they didn't split reps for instance. My guess is Michael could be in for some short yardage work or perhaps they have specific play they think he is good for. But I'm guessing fans and management alike know the problem is that the Cowboys aren't built that well. After Romo it's Weeden and Cassell? After Dez it quickly slides down to Williams and Beasley? And the defense was awful. Playcalling was also not very good. The Cowboys are the first team in 20 years (est) to trade for three players during the regular season.

Why is everyone convinced it's Randle they aren't happy with? McFadden hasn't looked all the great. I'm sure he would lose reps before Randle.

I really suspect the Pars game will be a demolition of the Cowboys. The Saint game tomorrow night is the big one. The Cowboys are also decimated besides the big 2, Hardy, Scandrick, McClain... it's a lot to expect.

Sold him and Moncrief for Charles and Cooks :patsselfonback:
Well, if true then the person you traded with is a complete idiot. Not really anything to be congratulated on when you swindled your wife or kid or senile uncle. i can't think of anyone who would give up Charles for that let alone throwing in Cooks.

Bazinga! said:
ATB said:
ATB said:
Ya, but Randle owners are a bit hard headed and need to see this mutiple times before they will get that their RB will be Michaels handcuff soon. I am just trying to help them sell now before his drops through the floor
Hard headed? Geez, please stop posting. You already ruined another thread with your crap posts as you complain about the people who disagree with you. They should have just banned you period. Posters like you ruin this forum. All opinion and you act like you're in the FFA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bazinga! said:
ATB said:
ATB said:
Ya, but Randle owners are a bit hard headed and need to see this mutiple times before they will get that their RB will be Michaels handcuff soon. I am just trying to help them sell now before his drops through the floor
Hard headed? Geez, please stop posting. You already ruined another thread with your crap posts as you complain about the people who disagree with you. They should have just banned you period. Posters like you ruin this forum. All opinion and you act like you're in the FFA.
Just block him. Works for me. Only a matter of time before he's banned. Was told not to post in the CM thread, going to the Randle thread to do the same thing is likely to win him a ban at some pointI don't think it's a coincidence that Phenix was banned at the same time Bazingas account was created, and as soon as the FBG people do an IP trace they'll figure that out and it's buh bye

I just traded him/2016 3rd(mid) for 2017 1st(likely mid)

I might have been able to get more but was happy to get more ammo in the 2017 draft. My team is building for the future...

Well, if true then the person you traded with is a complete idiot. Not really anything to be congratulated on when you swindled your wife or kid or senile uncle. i can't think of anyone who would give up Charles for that let alone throwing in Cooks.
Guy offered the trade to me. I couldn't hit accept fast enough....

I own Michael...

Traded Randle & Travis Benjamin for Moncrief today in dynasty (30 ret yds per pt & .5 ppr with 29 man rosters)

Traded to a redskins fan no less... Just giving people a Guage on Randle and Michael value

Guy offered the trade to me. I couldn't hit accept fast enough....
One of the dumbest trades I have ever seen, but you have to instant accept. This is one you would see in a "is this collusion" thread. Giving up on your 1st and 3rd round picks after 3 weeks is crazy. Charles is the #1 RB in my PPR league. Randle won't have another game like last week this year. Throw in selling Cooks at his low point of the year and buying Moncrief at his high point. Pretty sure Cooks won't have 0 TDs and Moncrief won't have 16. You stole his candy.

If they don't activate Michael I guess I'll have to start Randle. But if Michael is active, I'd have a really hard time putting either one in the lineup (and I have both). I'd probably put John Brown in there as the flex. How are other people going to play it?

If they don't activate Michael I guess I'll have to start Randle. But if Michael is active, I'd have a really hard time putting either one in the lineup (and I have both). I'd probably put John Brown in there as the flex. How are other people going to play it?
CMike wouldn't steal that many carries from Randle his first week of being active. Doesn't have the trust yet.

Sorry its not in the AC, just trying to gauge his value. Would you trade him for a guy like dion lewis in non ppr?

With the exception of the long run which itself was a bit fluky, Randle is averaging 3.4 yds per carry on the season.

Michael doesnt need a Randle injury or arrest (lol)...All he needs is to get carries in real game action. He will show everyone how much more talented he is and he will take the job.

I likely happens tonight. Last chance to cash in current Randle value and or get Michael cheap
He needs to produce better too. I have both of them so not pulling for either. He is bigger so could be the goalie back they didn't have before the trade.

Debating about shipping him off for Miller. I just don't know if Miller is any better
IMO no thank you, I will take Randle's 15-20 for 80 and a .4 chance at a TD. It was probably a good idea to handcuff McFadden before and it's probably a good idea to handcuff Michael now and own the position. Heck Murray owners used to do that because of his injury history before last year.

What after Philbin gets canned? Gray could just as easily take over that backfield as Michael. At least get better for a guy coming off a 3 TD game.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
What after Philbin gets canned? Gray could just as easily take over that backfield as Michael. At least get better for a guy coming off a 3 TD game.
This isn't really the thread to have this conversation but I'm keeping my eye on that situation in Miami as well.I have a lot more respect for Miller then I do for Randall though.

Looks like Randle's last play was at 8:25 in the 3rd.

Next time Cowboys go the ball there was 1:26 left in the quarter but just like last week it was all McFadden and Weeden ineffectiveness from there.

SERIES 1:26 3rd - McFadden 4 carries, 17 yards.

SERIES 7:53 4th - McFadden 2/9, Michael 1/-1

SERIES 4:05 4th - Weeden 7 passes, none to RBs (I think McFadden was in here)

That's really it. Randle is not likely to see the field in the 4th quarter. And I'm guessing without Dunbar the offense either becomes even more ineffective or the 3rd down plays go to McFadden or Beasley or Witten. And if Randle loses goal line work to Michael that's all she wrote. Randle was really, really luck to win that TD replay by the looks of it but I was a the game and did not see it on tv. That may have had lingering effects if he had lost it officially and it still may anyway.

Fwiw I thought Randle looked better than McFadden and definitely better than Michael did on that 3rd down fail, so I guess there's some theory about McFadden as being fresh at play here or their just gameplanning to give the FA signee his due.

Outside of those first 3 carries against the Falcons, his last 22 carries have gone for 28 yards. Hard to trust anyone in this running game until Romo/Dez are back and defenses are forced to respect the passing offense. Right now, they can just load up the box and dare Weeden to beat them.

first and foremost they aren't winning games...the "fumble" was a stupid play that seemed to get him benched and outside of early runs that the Cowboys seem to gameplan for right off the bat he's really done nothing in the meat of the game when it really counts and they need a play. I don't own Randle but I'd be looking to sell to owner who has just looked at the box score the last 2 weeks and sees some decent points.

I don't think Randle is great and he lost me my game by not playing at all the last quarter and a half, but the OL has been getting beaten a ton. Even McFadden had a couple good runs where the blocking was decent and others where the OL got blasted. It seems more often than not that they are getting pushed around. Maybe it is Weeden and no Dez, but the run blocking is getting killed on 90% of the runs.

I don't think Randle is great and he lost me my game by not playing at all the last quarter and a half, but the OL has been getting beaten a ton. Even McFadden had a couple good runs where the blocking was decent and others where the OL got blasted. It seems more often than not that they are getting pushed around. Maybe it is Weeden and no Dez, but the run blocking is getting killed on 90% of the runs.
It's nearly impossible to be dominant when you are completely one dimensional where you're playing a journeyman QB who doesn't stretch the field, your best receiving threat is a 43 year old TE that runs a 6.5 40 and their RBs consist of Randle who's never proven anything and an oft injured/declining McFadden. They just don't scare anyone or have anything close to a difference maker.

It's nearly impossible to be dominant when you are completely one dimensional where you're playing a journeyman QB who doesn't stretch the field, your best receiving threat is a 43 year old TE that runs a 6.5 40 and their RBs consist of Randle who's never proven anything and an oft injured/declining McFadden. They just don't scare anyone or have anything close to a difference maker.
Agreed. They can get 1 out of 5 to 10 runs to work out, but the rest get bottled up. There are still folks in this and the Michael thread that think that the problem is solely the RBs and think of the OL as so dominant that the loss of Romo/Dez doesn't matter. The RBs aren't Murray of 2014, but I don't think Murray of 2014 would be doing well right now.

Users who are viewing this thread