What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

You can't bench him and I expect him to get the volume, but with T J Yates at QB and going against the best defensive secondary in the league, I don't expect a lot from Hopkins today.
Right. Just wondering if anyone is benching him in lieu of someone who is healthier and has a better matchup. 

Really, really hoping to get him this year at the end of Rd 1. 
I took him 8th fist draft I got going and then was hoping for him again in my second draft where I have pick 9. He went right before me at 8 again. I settled for Beckham.

Also, I'll tell you how high I am on him: astonishingly, the first picks in my first draft were all RBs. Brown was there as well and I still took Nuke. I feel this year he will be the unquestioned number 1 WR. Just my feeling. He passes Brown for good this season after edging him out by a single point last year.

DeAndre Hopkins caught 9-of-13 passes for 151 yards in the Texans' Week 5 win over Dallas.

With Will Fuller and Keke Coutee playing at less than 100 percent, Hopkins carried the load for Houston’s pass offense. He single-handily won the game for the Texans, breaking three tackles on a 49-yard catch that set up an overtime field goal. Hopkins was held out of the end-zone, but had a near-touchdown when he was tackled on the one-yard line. His only blunder was a fumble trying to reach for a first down on the opening drive of the second half. Hopkins was shadowed by Cowboys CB Byron Jones for most of the night. He'll get another tough matchup with TreDavious White in Week 6.

Oct 8 - 12:04 AM

DHopkins is QB proof, matchup proof and the most skilled wr in the game with his hands and feet. His insane catches are routine and they make commercials out of them. Double him he still catches it, run a shut down corner he still catches it, grab him and hold him in the end zone he still catches it. I was hoping to watch more of him in prime time but they didnt use him until the 4th. I think that ran a quick WR screen to him where he ended up a yard shy of the goal line but other than that he wasnt an impact. Fuller going down impacts him in no way. Hopkins doesnt need another WR to make him good.

DHopkins is QB proof, matchup proof and the most skilled wr in the game with his hands and feet. His insane catches are routine and they make commercials out of them. Double him he still catches it, run a shut down corner he still catches it, grab him and hold him in the end zone he still catches it. I was hoping to watch more of him in prime time but they didnt use him until the 4th. I think that ran a quick WR screen to him where he ended up a yard shy of the goal line but other than that he wasnt an impact. Fuller going down impacts him in no way. Hopkins doesnt need another WR to make him good.
Regarding the bolded, there is one exception: Brock Osweiller!!

DeAndre Hopkins caught 5-of-6 targets for 74 yards in the Texans' 34-17, Week 12 win over the Titans on Monday night.

Hopkins came into Monday night having registered 100 yards and/or one touchdown in seven-straight games and 8-of-10 times on the year. His six targets still led the team on a night Deshaun Watson again attempted fewer than 25 passes. Watson has attempted 25-or-fewer passes in six-straight games. Hopkins was the target on a deep ball into the end zone from 47 yards out, but Adoree Jackson covered it well. Demaryius Thomas was the red-zone beneficiary tonight with 12- and 10-yard scores. Hopkins will get Denzel Ward of the Browns next week.
Off night

DeAndre Hopkins came down with four catches for 36 yards and a touchdown on 10 targets Sunday in Houston’s Week 14 loss to Indianapolis.

Hopkins blew up for 169 yards when these teams met in Week 4 but this time around, the Colts went out of their way to stop him, slowing him with double teams while also bringing safety and linebacker help. Nuk salvaged the day somewhat by scoring his ninth touchdown of the year late in the fourth quarter. Deshaun Watson made a phenomenal play, escaping pressure before throwing across his body for a seven-yard touchdown to Hopkins, who was able to keep both of his feet in bounds. The sixth-year Clemson product can be trusted as a WR1 when the Texans travel to New York to face the Jets in Week 15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me how he was injured? I missed it

Did he twist something non contact? Helmet to the leg? Someone land on him?

Can someone tell me how he was injured? I missed it

Did he twist something non contact? Helmet to the leg? Someone land on him?
came down from a jump ball in the endzone e and landed on his left leg. it looked like it extended quickly. he bent down to grab his knee/lower leg and was carried off the field. 

Initially looked potentially acl to me but they were looking at his lower leg. so I'd say maybe high ankle sprain

Wait...did this happen on his last td catch?  Or did he come back in after the injury??
He was back in the next series and said hed be fine in the post game interview.  We’ll see but I think he’ll be good to go

eta:  I think he said he turned his ankle earlier in the game as opposed to the TD play, but hopefully someone else can confirm that

came down from a jump ball in the endzone e and landed on his left leg. it looked like it extended quickly. he bent down to grab his knee/lower leg and was carried off the field. 

Initially looked potentially acl to me but they were looking at his lower leg. so I'd say maybe high ankle sprain
Thanks

DeAndre Hopkins hauled in 10-of-11 targets for 170 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' Week 15 victory over the Jets.

Hopkins continued soaring as Houston's primary receiving threat, creating separation from Darryl Roberts (who appeared lost on the play) for his first score of the afternoon. His second came on a dazzling catch that only he often makes seem rudimentary as Hopkins stretched to his far back shoulder for a 14-yard touchdown against Morris Claiborne's blanket coverage. In four games without Will Fuller (torn ACL, IR) and Keke Coutee (hamstring) since Week 9, Hopkins has seen target totals of 12, 12, 10, and 11. He finds himself in another eruption spot against the Eagles' Lincoln Logs-secondary in Week 16.

Dec 15 - 7:44 PM

Well this is...concerning.

#Texans⁠ ⁠ WR DeAndre Hopkins, working through an ankle injury, is adamant about playing today, but the trainers want to see him work out pre-game to be sure, source said. They will need to be convinced.
He probably still plays but i don’t like that it’s not certain

Lord Geezus I need Nuk to play today and give me a performance like last week’s!!!

:onkneespraying:

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread