What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

My take... how long before Nuk is running those patterns that Fuller keeps dropping?

It is strange that they don’t try to get him in those same spots - could also be that although he’s got the best hands in the game, he’s just not the burner that Fuller is in order to make those routes really work.
He used to get those passes, especially the crossing routes. Right now they are working a formation where he and Fuller bunch up and you have Hopkins go short taking the defensive attention away from Fuller deep. Look at these routes/coverage. Although the amount of short routes/bunch formations are worrisome, the volume is there; he's still Watsons' preferred 3rd down/goal line option. He had 2 end zone looks*, one was a pick and the other a drop. You're not sitting him @ Indy unless you play in a 2 man league.

EDIT: * - Technically one end zone and one just short of the goal line.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeAndre Hopkins caught 9-of-12 targets for 106 yards and a touchdown in the Texans' Week 7 loss to the Colts.

Nuk found the end zone with some route-running goodness from the four-yard line. The Texans’ long-time No. 1 WR had another TD called back after the refs determined Deshaun Watson was already in the defender’s grasp, although it’s unclear if Hopkins’ reception would’ve counted after replay review. The Colts largely couldn't stay with Hopkins the entire afternoon without the assistance of multiple defenders. Hopkins' 12 targets could be a sign of things to come if Will Fuller (hamstring) misses more game action. Fire up Nuk as arguably the No. 1 fantasy WR in Week 8 against the Raiders.
Fuller was wearing a hoodie and it looked like he's out at least 1 week.

Jay Glazer @JayGlazer

Tho he’s NOT on the trade block teams have called Texans about Deandre Hopkins and will call again about him this week before deadline hoping to swing for the fences. Would take an awful lot

Imagine having this guy and not using him. It's borderline insanity. The fact teams are inquiring about him says it all, really.

11/109, just seems you guys are hitting the panic button pretty early.
With good reason. Usually, Nuk is a second half wonder and you'd never sweat a line like 1/5 at half. This year has been completely different though. Dude is my favorite player and it's encouraging to see Watson giving him multiple looks on drives now. That's what happened in the second half.

It seems to me that Watson prefers targeting filler when he is health and on the field.  Likely BC Hopkins is always double covered and/or bracketed.  Fuller is very good. Not Hopkins good but very good.  So Watson likes going to him one on one against the opposing team’s less talented defensive backs. 

without Fuller nuk is back to producing at a high level BC Watson is forcing the ball to him again.   

This thread is bizarre.  He's still top 10 in PPR and due for positive TD regression.  
Everyone that has him in redraft drafted him with they first pick. 

5 of his 8 games so far have been 16 pts or less, 2 of them single digits. Full ppr

Its been more disappointing than not

Everyone that has him in redraft drafted him with they first pick. 

5 of his 8 games so far have been 16 pts or less, 2 of them single digits. Full ppr

Its been more disappointing than not
Exactly. I also had Kupp today and the kind of points he put up were what I expected to see from Hopkins on a fairly regular basis. Yes, Hopkins isn't doing horrible. But given what most of us had to spend on him, we expected top three WR production, if not No. 1 WR overall. And it hasn't been there. 

Exactly. I also had Kupp today and the kind of points he put up were what I expected to see from Hopkins on a fairly regular basis. Yes, Hopkins isn't doing horrible. But given what most of us had to spend on him, we expected top three WR production, if not No. 1 WR overall. And it hasn't been there. 
You actually expected 7 catches, 220 yards and a TD from your WR "on a fairly regular basis?"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As a Hopkins dynasty owner this is certainly not the production I thought I was investing in. 

that said he was targeted deep once in the 1st half. Would be nice to see them connect on one of those like back in the old days.  :shrug:

DeAndre Hopkins caught 8-of-11 targets for 48 yards and a touchdown in Week 9 against the Jaguars.

Hopkins mostly worked underneath in this one, averaging just six yards per catch. Over half his yards came on a 21-yard catch. Hopkins was lucky to find the end-zone this week, scoring on a goal-line TD from Deshaun Watson.Hopkins has 100 yards or a touchdown in three of his last four games. He'll take a 68/665/4 line into the Texans' Week 10 bye.

Nov 3, 2019, 1:35 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 7-of-12 targets for 80 yards in the Texans' Week 11 loss to the Ravens.

Hopkins has now posted at least 11 targets in five straight games, though today's calories were empty in a game where the Texans were never competitive. With Deshaun Watson under siege, the passing game was dysfunctional. Despite all the targets, Hopkins has averaged "just" 80 yards in the process, clearing 100 twice. A Thursday night date with the Colts is on tap for Week 12. Will Fuller (hamstring) seems likely to finally return for that one.

Nov 17, 2019, 5:04 PM ET

Kind of an obscure question but, if you had Hopkins in a keeper league (keep 2 players), and this was the last year you could keep him, what kind of draft pick would you accept as fair value for him? Assume that the Hopkins owner’s team is out of the playoff race for this season. The new Hopkins owner would also not be allowed to keep him, so basically a rental for the remainder of this season. 

Kind of an obscure question but, if you had Hopkins in a keeper league (keep 2 players), and this was the last year you could keep him, what kind of draft pick would you accept as fair value for him? Assume that the Hopkins owner’s team is out of the playoff race for this season. The new Hopkins owner would also not be allowed to keep him, so basically a rental for the remainder of this season. 
I'm in this exact situation. I'll keep him but if I was really motivated to sell, I'd take as low as a 4th. In our league, no one in the first 3 rounds can be kept anyway so an extra 4th is gold.

DeAndre Hopkins caught 6-of-9 targets for 94 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans' Week 12 win over the Colts.

Even with Will Fuller returning and posting a 7/140 line, Hopkins had his best game in nearly a month. The two-score effort was his first since Week 1. For the first, a coverage bust left Hopkins wide open for a 35-yard grab in the end zone. On the second, he roasted Pierre Desir down the left sideline before hauling in a 30-yarder. Although Fuller is a target competitor, his game-breaking speed rolls defensive attention away from Hopkins, freeing him up for bigger plays of his own. Hopkins has the toughest of Week 13 draws in Stephon Gilmore and the Patriots.

Nov 21, 2019, 11:25 PM ET

Fuller playing is the perfect antidote for Hopkins. He was open a ton this game and could've had at least 4 more catches. Scored two TDs on the few routes he ran longer than 5 yards... imagine that.

Congrats to those who own him. I played against him and got torched. To the Colts DC, you get 11 defenders- your decision to allocate 0 or 1 to the best freaking player on the field was highly highly questionable. Thanks bud.

Fuller playing is the perfect antidote for Hopkins. He was open a ton this game and could've had at least 4 more catches. Scored two TDs on the few routes he ran longer than 5 yards... imagine that.
Not at all.  Hopkins stats are better without Fuller.  

DeAndre Hopkins caught 5-of-8 targets for 64 yards in Week 13 against the Patriots.

Hopkins was held in check by Stephon Gilmore most of the night. He got over half his yards in the fourth quarter, and threw a touchdown pass to Deshaun Watson on a trick play. Hopkins has at least five catches in every game this season. Even in a shy-away matchup with Denver, Hopkins is a WR1 for the first round of the fantasy playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread