Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we can see the middle of this without being such jerks about it.  McNair maybe did misspeak and use a common phrase in a context he shouldn't have. I don't know anything about the guy and have

He didn’t call anyone an inmate.  He used a very time worn idiom and compounded it with a malaprop.   Man, there is a large group of people in this country just waiting to pounce on any oppo

Maybe Bill O'Brien meant to reject it and fat fingered it on his phone.

DEANDRE HOPKINS WR, ARIZONA CARDINALS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cardinals are finalizing an extension with DeAndre Hopkins.

The terms of the deal aren't yet known, but we'd expect Hopkins to become one of the top paid wideouts in the league. He was already under contract through 2022, but Hopkins had become a bit of a bargain and was seeking a pay raise and years added onto his deal. We'll update later when the numbers come in for the 28-year-old.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 7, 2020, 7:34 PM ET

Rotoworld take:

Cardinals signed DeAndre Hopkins to a two-year, $54.5 million contract extension.

The deal includes $42.75M guaranteed at signing. The three years left on his current deal essentially morph into a five-year, $95 million contract with $18.8 million annually through 2024. The last year in his age-31 season is voidable, but that would force the Cardinals to pay up $39.5 million at some point upon releasing him. With no-trade and no-franchise tag clauses in place, the road has been paved for Hopkins to finish his career with Kyler Murray in Arizona.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 8, 2020, 12:32 PM ET

19 minutes ago, TDCommish said:

Surprised FBG has Hopkins ranked so low this week. Below DeSean Jackson and Jarvis Landry on the consensus ranks. I'm not seeing it. Has to be an issue with one of their projections.

@Joe Bryant @David Dodds 

TDCommish has found a huge error.  All three projectors have Hopkins in the top 8 yet consensus projections have him at 34.  Somebody needs to hop on this stat.

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

@Joe Bryant @David Dodds 

TDCommish has found a huge error.  All three projectors have Hopkins in the top 8 yet consensus projections have him at 34.  Somebody needs to hop on this stat.

I sent a note to Bloom who looks like he accidentally did not project for him

2 hours ago, TDCommish said:

Thanks David. I'm not sure where to post "accidents." Bob Henry's season projection of 0 points for James Robinson must be an accident. 

For sure, the best thing to do if you see an error is to tag me. Please don't just post it without the tag. I see a tiny fraction of what's actually posted each day. Tagging me will help me see it faster.

By far though, the fastest and by far best way is to send an email to bryant@footballguys.com and help@footballguys.com

• Like 1

Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins caught 14-of-16 targets for 151 yards in the Cardinals' Week 1 win over the 49ers.

In what was expected to be a slow start to the year as he transitioned into a new offensive scheme, Hopkins hauled in a career-high 14 receptions on a 40% target share from Kyler Murray. He actually left meat on the bone as his 34-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter was negated and brought back to the one-yard line, allowing Kenyan Drake (16/60/1) to punch it in for the go-ahead score. The next closest receivers on the team, Christian Kirk and Larry Fitzgerald, totaled five targets and a 12.5% target share. Odds are Hopkins' favoritism dips moving forward, but he proved his place among fantasy's top-five wideouts for the rest of the year with this statement performance. He'll be a unanimous WR1 next week against Washington.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

DeAndre Hopkins has championship aspirations with Kyler Murray as his QB

Excerpt:

Coach Kliff Kingsbury thinks this is just the start, with even more potential as they continue to build on their relationship and get on the same page.

"We can be great," Murray said. "I know we both have aspirations of being the best to do it. So that's where I hope to take this thing. We don't step into the building every day and try to get worse. We try to be the best that we can be. I'm glad that he's on our team."

Against the 49ers, Hopkins was dominant. He had eight first downs and accounted for 66% of the Cardinals' receiving yards, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

What Hopkins and Murray showed against the Niners was that they could feed off each other in a comeback -- down 10-0 in the first quarter and 20-17 in the fourth -- which is much harder to do then keep piling on during a blowout.

"I knew probably early in the game that there were going to be some things that we're gonna have to fight through but Kyler kept giving me the ball, kept feeding me and we kept making plays," Hopkins said. "No one panicked. Kliff kept giving me the ball, kept calling my number.

"I know that once we got going then things would started heating up. Other guys made big plays and [Kyler] just came to me when we need a first down or needed a big play, and I'm just happy that I can be here to help this team win and do we want to do."

When it comes to projecting what he and Hopkins are building in Arizona, Murray tried to stay even-keeled.

"Never get too high, never get too low," Murray said. "Obviously, he had a heck of a day but, for me, personally, this game is over with, this week is over with and onto another good football team. We have to practice well and execute well Sunday."

Behind the cliches is a quarterback who knows he can rely on one of the best receivers in all of football. After the game, Murray reiterated a notion that he mentioned during training camp: Hopkins has a knack for being open -- even when he's not open.

Murray, the reigning offensive rookie of the year, said he can't force him the ball, but then quickly followed up with: "Although sometimes there are those occasions."

That's the type of impact one of the best receivers in football can have on a young quarterback.

"He's going to add such a different dynamic to our team and our offense," Murray said. "And I think you saw that today."

On 9/10/2020 at 6:33 AM, TDCommish said:

Thanks David. I'm not sure where to post "accidents." Bob Henry's season projection of 0 points for James Robinson must be an accident. 

You can always PM or email me (lastname@footballguys.com). Thanks for helping us catch that one as I had been projecting him with the wrong ID unknowingly in the preseason, too. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

DeAndre Hopkins caught 10-of-12 targets for 137 yards in the Cardinals' Week 3 loss to the Lions. 

Hopkins has now reached 10 catches in 2-of-3 games as a Cardinal, and is already up to 32 grabs on the season. Even with an early lack of big of big plays and an unimpressive yards per catch, Hopkins is flirting with being a league-winner in PPR formats. With Larry Fitzgerald on his last legs, Kyler Murray lacks other reliable targets, and coach Kliff Kingsbury has had zero trouble scheming his Murray/Hopkins connection even after the nonexistent offseason. Hopkins is set up to go absolutely bonkers over an extremely soft stretch of the Cardinals' schedule that begins in Week 4 with the Panthers

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

It's the first time we've seen Hopkins on the injury report this season. We haven't seen much reason for concern, as it's early in the week, but it's something to monitor Thursday and Friday. Hopkins is the current leader in catches and receiving yards on 37 targets through three weeks. Hopkins gets a tasty date with the Panthers for Week 4.

Sep 30, 2020, 7:01 PM ET

Caridnals WR DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) did not practice Thursday. 

Hopkins missed Wednesday's practice too. If Hopkins, the leader in NFL receiving yards, can't practice Friday, fantasy managers should make other plans for Week 4. Larry Fitzgerald and Andy Isabella would likely see more volume if Hopkins misses this week's game against Carolina. 

RELATED: 

Andy Isabella

, Larry Fitzgerald

SOURCE: NFL.com 

Oct 1, 2020, 12:15 PM ET

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) will "ultimately make the decision" if he plays this week.

It means Hopkins' ankle injury is a pain management issue. Hopkins has only missed two games in his career and looks like a good bet to play Sunday. Evan at less than 100 percent, Hopkins is a WR1 for a Week 4 matchup with the Panthers.

- Rotoworld

I'd be stunned if he sat. This dude played through a sprained ankle and put up 10/170/2 a couple years ago.

Edited by The Frankman

Cardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) was not at the open portion of the team's Friday practice. 

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said Thursday that Hopkins -- who has only missed two games in his NFL career -- would make the call on whether to suit up Sunday against Detroit. If he's active, fantasy managers should make sure Hopkins is in their lineups. A Cardinals offense without Hopkins would see a dispersal of his usual targets to Larry Fitzgerald, Andy Isabella, and Christian Kirk, if he's able to play this week. 

SOURCE: Kyle Odegard on Twitter 

Oct 2, 2020, 1:31 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 7-of-9 targets for 41 yards in the Cardinals' Week 4 loss to the Panthers. 

Facing Donte Jackson and this Panthers defense, Hopkins' should have expected around 10 receptions despite being limited all week with an ankle injury. Credit to the Panthers' defense for shutting down the Cardinals for the entire first half, as Kyler Murray and Hopkins simply could not get on the same page. Expect Nuk to bounce back into top 12 scoring form in Week 5 against the Jets.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

DeAndre Hopkins caught 2-of-8 targets for 73 yards in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Cowboys.

Nuk was targeted on 33% of Kyler Murray's 24 throws, but he completed just nine total. It was Hopkins' first game of the season with fewer than six catches. The NFL leaders in targets and catches, Hopkins will be a lock-and-load elite WR1 for next week's date with Seattle's horrible pass defense.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:57 PM ET

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said he's "hopeful" WR DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) can play Sunday against the Seahawks. 

Kingsbury said Hopkins' ankle injury has lingered. "Hoping he can have the bye and really clear that thing up,” Kingsbury said. Hopkins hasn't practiced this week. For most players, that would mean there's almost no chance of playing. Not so for Hopkins, who missed an entire week of practice before playing against the Jets this season. Still, fantasy players should watch Hopkins' status on Sunday. 

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter 

Oct 23, 2020, 3:29 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) is questionable for Week 7 against the Seahawks.

Hopkins is on track to play following a limited Friday practice. He gets another favorable matchup with the Seahawks secondary after going for 73 yards on the Cowboys last week. Hopkins has a 32% target share through Arizona's first six games. 

Oct 24, 2020, 9:20 AM ET

DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) is active for Week 7 against Seattle.

Hopkins hasn't practiced much the last two weeks but will continue to play through his ankle injury. Arizona's inactives are QB Brett Hundley, RB Eno Benjamin, WR KeeSean Johnson, OL Josh Miles, and TE Jordan Thomas.

Oct 25, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 10-of-12 targets for 103 yards and a touchdown in Week 7 against the Seahawks.

He also lost a fumble in the first half. The touchdown was just the third of the season for Hopkins. This was a mini-breakout after Hopkins was held under 75 yards in two of last three weeks. Hopkins has barely practiced due to an ankle injury but he's looked healthy when on the field. He'll have the Cardinals' bye to rest up.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:47 AM ET

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DeAndre Hopkins missed Wednesday's practice with an illness.

It likely is not something to be alarmed with, but a missed practice for the team's No. 1 receiver is notable. Stephon Gilmore suggested he will shadow Hopkins in Week 12.

Nov 25, 2020, 6:52 PM ET

DeAndre Hopkins caught 5-of-7 targets for 55 yards in the Cardinals' Week 12 loss to the Patriots. 

Given a heavy dose of Stephon Gilmore, Hopkins was held below 60 yards for the third time in four games. Kyler Murray's shoulder injury probably didn't help matters, as the quarterback was much less aggressive than usual, too often back pedaling vs. the rush. Things are not going to get any easier for the Cardinals' slumping WR1 in Week 13, where Jalen Ramsey and the Rams will pay a visit to the desert. The sides have yet to square off this season.  

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

If not for the “hail Murray” play 3 weeks ago we’d be looking at very pedestrian WR3 type numbers 4 weeks in a row for Hop. 

Should we expect more of the same? Has he lost a step? Is Murray’s injury holding him back?

I personally think this offense isn’t good for him to produce big numbers, especially TDs. Very much like Buffalo where the QB siphons everything in the red zone. 

What are some others people’s thoughts for the rest of this year and 2021?

9 hours ago, The Show said:

If not for the “hail Murray” play 3 weeks ago we’d be looking at very pedestrian WR3 type numbers 4 weeks in a row for Hop. 

Should we expect more of the same? Has he lost a step? Is Murray’s injury holding him back?

I personally think this offense isn’t good for him to produce big numbers, especially TDs. Very much like Buffalo where the QB siphons everything in the red zone. 

What are some others people’s thoughts for the rest of this year and 2021?

Hop is still getting targets and yards receiving.  Currently he's ranked 4th in both categories.  He and Diggs (110 targets, 945yds, 4TDs) have similar stat lines and are, in my eyes, in similar situations.  Both have a QB who can run and get into the end zone.  That will limit the red zone opportunities for each.  Interestingly, both QBs (Murray and Allen) have progressed exceptionally well in passing this year and I would expect them to rely more on their arm instead of their legs moving forward.

Nearly 1 rushing TD per game for Murray doesn't seem sustainable, but that's not the biggest issue IMO. Getting a very Julio vibe where they use him plenty between the 20's but then can't figure out how to use him effectively in the red zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Rotoworld:

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said DeAndre Hopkins (neck, back) was a "full go" at Friday's practice. 

Kingsbury said Hopkins was held out of Thursday's practice with soreness. A return to practice Friday means Hopkins will likely play this week against the Giants. A monster 29 percent target share makes Hopkins a weekly WR1 even if it's been slow going of late. 

SOURCE: Kevin Zimmerman on Twitter 

Dec 11, 2020, 3:13 PM ET

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Monday: everything’s good for my playoff week except maybe Samuel (C) 

Thursday: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson downgrades, no word on Samuel. :unsure:

today: :pickle:

I won my first 10 games but have lost my last 3 basically because Hopkins and Murray have cooled.   Hope they heat back up

Edited by need2know
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, need2know said:

I won my first 10 games but have lost my last 3 basically because Hopkins and Murray have cooled.   Hope they heat back up

I too have Murray and Hopkins. Without the “Hail Murray” they would have lost 5 in a row. They play a stingy Giants defense that held Wilson in check. Hopkins will be in my a lineup as the other two I have are Tee Higgens (Q) and TY, who is not lately but can burn you too. 
I’m considering Herbert versus ATL and benching Murray.

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, The Scorpion said:

I too have Murray and Hopkins. Without the “Hail Murray” they would have lost 5 in a row. They play a stingy Giants defense that held Wilson in check. Hopkins will be in my a lineup as the other two I have are Tee Higgens (Q) and TY, who is not lately but can burn you too. 
I’m considering Herbert versus ATL and benching Murray.

Thoughts? 

If I had Herbert I would play him.  But don't be upset if Murray blows up.  Hes kinda due for a good game dont care who he's playing

DeAndre Hopkins caught 9-of-11 targets for 169 yards and one score in Arizona's Week 15 win over the Eagles.

Hopkins actually opened the game with a fumble from inside the 10-yard line, but made up for it later by hauling in the go-ahead 20-yard touchdown from Kyler Murray with 7:24 remaining in the fourth quarter. You would've thought Hopkins' gloves were laced with superglue based on the catches he was hauling in, constantly being asked to come down with 50-50 balls in tight and, at times, double coverage only to win nearly every battle. The next closest on the team in targets was TE Dan Arnold with five. With 35 targets over his last three games, Hopkins is inevitably closing out the year the exact way he started it: as a matchup-proof top-five option.

- Rotoworld