What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeAndre Hopkins, TEN (2 Viewers)

Started Brown and Allen and played Watkins at Flex. Didn't matter that Hopkins was on the bench as I also had Brees, Watt, Jennings, Lynch, and Seattle's defense to get a league high in points for a single game this season (PPR league). I also had picked up St. Louis Defense but decided at the last minute to stay with Seattle. St. Louis would have gotten me another 12 points.

How high do you think his ceiling is once they get a franchise qb?
I watched him at Clemson...

I always thought he was productive, but never thought he was on the same level as Watkins at all. I always though Watkins was the uber stud and Hopkins was the stud possession receiver, but he's actually shown more speed than I thought possible.

I'd say his ceiling is maybe like Brandon Marshall in his prime? Really good hands, crisp routes, but not going to be able to run by everyone.

How high do you think his ceiling is once they get a franchise qb?
I watched him at Clemson...

I always thought he was productive, but never thought he was on the same level as Watkins at all. I always though Watkins was the uber stud and Hopkins was the stud possession receiver, but he's actually shown more speed than I thought possible.

I'd say his ceiling is maybe like Brandon Marshall in his prime? Really good hands, crisp routes, but not going to be able to run by everyone.
Always had the opposite impression of them in college. Hopkins seemed more likely to create his own space with better route running. Watkins, while more dangerous with the ball, often got his space on bubble-screens and other well designed plays. Not a huge difference in hands. Worried that Watkins will have trouble beating good coverage consistently in the NFL. Sure I didn't watch as many Clemson games as you though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck Bradcanon said:
Bench roll call? :bag:

Gordon, ODB, and Keenan here.
I've started him six times this year. I actually should have started him ten times, but nooooooo let's give CP one more chance.

Started him Week 12, that 5-39 was a replay reversal from being 6-71.

Week 13, sat him for Shoelace. Brown, Gordon and Hilton got me a win (1 RB, 2 WR, 2 W/R).

Rotoworld:

The Texans consider DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) a game-time decision for Week 16.

Hopkins missed Wednesday and Thursday's practices. The "game-time decision" label should be taken with a grain of salt, as Texans coach Bill O'Brien fancies himself a spymaster, and would apply the GTD tag to a player even if they were only battling a cold. For now, owners need to sit tight and wait for more information to emerge. A back-up plan is definitely in order.

Source: Dale Robertson on Twitter

Dec 18 - 4:08 PM

Rotoworld:

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans

DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) missed his third straight day of practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 16.

Coach Bill O'Brien continues to call Hopkins a game-time decision, but it's not looking good for him to play against the Ravens. It's probably just as well with Case Keenum at quarterback and Andre Johnson (concussion, probable) returning to siphon targets. Hopkins would've been a high-risk WR3 play.

Dec 19 - 4:12

I have to start 2.........its between Lafell, Jeffery, and Hopkins.....right now I'm leaning Lafell and Jeffery......But I think I may switch out Jeff for Hop....ugh

I could also keep Watkins in and play Hopkins over Asiata. Man, this is killing me now...like a poster said, no practice with Keenum and an ankle issue makes him a real risk.

I'll happily draft Hopkins next year. If I can get him as a low WR2 / WR 3 I'd be comfortable rolling in with that. He's definitely above Tavon Austin status, who I think will rebound his career at some point.

I don't think he's had his career year yet.

I'll happily draft Hopkins next year. If I can get him as a low WR2 / WR 3 I'd be comfortable rolling in with that. He's definitely above Tavon Austin status, who I think will rebound his career at some point.

I don't think he's had his career year yet.
Yes, but have you seen him go up against Seattle?

he had a great season in a pretty lackluster offense. it's a credit to him and the coaches that they were able to get so much done offensively.

Johnson challenged him in the offseason to step up and acknowledged he was the future of the franchise. Hopkins delivered on that more often than not.

if they can upgrade the QB position signficantly then they can balance out the offense a bit. they'll be able to go from a top rushing team (yards per game) with a bottom third passing attack (yards per game) to something more productive across the board. they could move out of the middle in total offense as a result.an improved offense paired with their defense would put them in contention for their division.

Rotoworld:

DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Texans

Prior to requesting a trade/release from the Texans, Andre Johnson was told his role would be reduced in 2015.

The Texans are making DeAndre Hopkins their No. 1 wideout; Johnson didn't want to stick around as a complementary player. So he's a goner, leaving Hopkins dripping with upside entering his third NFL season. The 2013 No. 27 overall pick already had a bit of a breakout last year, posting 76-1,210-6 despite constant quarterback issues. Now "Nuk" can expect a significant jump in targets per game after getting 7.9 in 2014. He's primed for top-ten WR1 production.

Related: Andre Johnson

Source: Houston Chronicle
Mar 3 - 8:39 AM

Rotoworld:

Coach Bill O'Brien said believes DeAndre Hopkins is "one of the best in the league."

O'Brien has big things in mind for his clear-cut No. 1 wideout. Hopkins broke out for 76-1,210-6 last year despite the presence of Andre Johnson and some rancid quarterback play. Now Johnson is gone and the QB room is a little more stable with Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. You won't find many better fantasy WR2 bets.

Source: ESPN.com
May 7 - 11:48 AM

Rotoworld:

DeAndre Hopkins (wrist surgery) has not participated in OTAs.

This was expected after Hopkins had February surgery to repair a torn ligament in his wrist. Coach Bill O'Brien said Monday that Hopkins should be ready for training camp, "but isn't sure exactly when." The injury isn't a major concern for Hopkins' 2015 fantasy outlook, but is something worth monitoring.

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter
Jun 8 - 3:38 PM

Very little chatter on a guy with a 3rd round ADP. Does everyone just believe he's going to blow up, or are there doubters? He's in the same clump as Sanders, Benjamin, Cooks, Mathews. Coin flip for me between him and Sanders.

Very little chatter on a guy with a 3rd round ADP. Does everyone just believe he's going to blow up, or are there doubters? He's in the same clump as Sanders, Benjamin, Cooks, Mathews. Coin flip for me between him and Sanders.
He has the worst QB of that group

did his QB situation improve from last year? sure doesn't feel any different.

Hoyer has never had an average Fitzpatrick season, Mallet and Savage are big armed guys who played less than five year NFL games combined. Higher percentage chance it is worse not better.

Hoyer has never had an average Fitzpatrick season, Mallet and Savage are big armed guys who played less than five year NFL games combined. Higher percentage chance it is worse not better.
i tend to think that it's a fairly static situation. It was bad enough last year but can't really get any worse.

i tend to think that it's a fairly static situation. It was bad enough last year but can't really get any worse.
If foster is out the first 8 weeks of the season the situation just got worse

If foster is out the first 8 weeks of the season the situation just got worse
Yeah, Texans FF value is quickly becoming the wasteland it once was.

any new news on him? How has he looked?

With Hoyer starter, is this a slight boost or drop in his value? Texans fans?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the expectation should have always been Hoyer would end up the starter*, so no change in his value.

* - even if a lot of Texans fans would like to see it be Mallett, that's mainly because we know what Hoyer is and isn't. Mallett being more of an unknown, at least there is some small glimmer of hope he could turn into something good long term. Hoyer, we know what we're getting.

Which is probably 8-8 thanks to the defense. They better get this figured out before Watt is out of his prime. He doesn't deserve the Andre treatment.

Hopkins targets should only go up as the clear cut #1 wr and Hoyer is no worse then the combination of Fitzpatrick/Mallett/Keenum last season. He has looked great in camp and looks like he should continue to improve going into his 3rd year. Top 10-15 wr range???

Hopkins targets should only go up as the clear cut #1 wr and Hoyer is no worse then the combination of Fitzpatrick/Mallett/Keenum last season. He has looked great in camp and looks like he should continue to improve going into his 3rd year. Top 10-15 wr range???
Personally I think Hoyer is worse than Fitzpatrick. Hopkins is still a WR1 of course.

Users who are viewing this thread