What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Michael Floyd underrated? (1 Viewer)

Guys, didn't I just read that he's splitting reps with Jaron Brown? Something is rotten in Denmark with methinks. 
really seems the staff has about washed their hands of him hitting FA this offseason.  getting the other brown ready to step in next year, floyd walks away in march.

having said all that, i can't bring myself to dump him yet.  nothing better on the wire, and i've got parker on the drop list before floyd, mostly due to the offense in general.  

ShamrockPride said:
I'd lean toward buy, but definitely keep your price in perspective. If Fitz retires he's the instant #1. If not, perhaps he goes off to a new team as their #1 if he can get something rolling, or at least one of the top #2’s.
Disagree. I would be shocked if he was on the Cards next year, with or without Fitz. 

He's just not all that good, and is losing time to Jaron Brown now. The Cards are starting to phase him out.

Not crazy.   I'm rolling him out over injured Steve Smith and Cameron Meredith.   Not a hard decision obviously but I think he's due for a bounce back game.  
Great move by me starting Floyd over Meredith.    :wall:

He is now the 4th or 5th option in AZ.  Never seeing my lineup again this year. 

We can only hope that he will be targeted in the red zone tonight.  He does seem to be the best red zone target along with fitz for them and he is the last cards wr to catch a td from Palmer. 

But yeah this really sucks.  I don't understand how quickly he went to the dog house.   A few drops to start the season.  He was a beast last year over the 2nd half.  One of palmers favorite targets.   How does he go from that to completely in the dog house?

considering dropping this guy in redraft and my other WRs are not that good

would you rather have britt or this chump? 

considering dropping this guy in redraft and my other WRs are not that good

would you rather have britt or this chump?
Pretty easily Britt. Floyd's snaps have trended downward from 90% in week 3 to 45% in week 4 and finally to 34% last week. His targets in that same time frame have trended similarly (11,7,3) although the last one was with Stanton. Still, it looks like these trends will hold.

At least Britt in on the field 80% of the time. He'll also likely see more targets and has a softer schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easily Britt. Floyd's snaps have trended downward from 90% in week 3 to 45% in week 4 and finally to 34% last week. His targets in that same time frame have trended similarly (11,7,3) although the last one was with Stanton. Still, it looks like these trends will hold.

At least Britt in on the field 80% of the time. He'll also likely see more targets and has a softer schedule.
So sad that I can't disagree with this.   

Only value is in dynasty by someone that can stash and see where he lands next year.  Philly, LA, TEN are just a few places off the top of my head with a need.

But yeah this really sucks.  I don't understand how quickly he went to the dog house.   A few drops to start the season.  He was a beast last year over the 2nd half.  One of palmers favorite targets.   How does he go from that to completely in the dog house?
I have him in 3 of my 6 leagues.   I just don't know what happened except he is an afterthought.  Except for the TD he just caught.   Chasing that when he is on the field for 30% of the snaps is a losing deal.

And JAron brown injured his knee at the end of the game.  So if he's out for any period that gives Floyd a chance to reassert himself.  

just thinking something happened w/ Floyd in locker room or on practice field.  You don't go from that(last year) to this.   something is up.

Banging the coaches daughter?

banging the coaches hunting dog?

something is going on.
What's going on is that he has sucked. Arians can only give the guy so many chances before he gives his job to another talented receiver...which is exactly what appears to be happening. The TDs are nice, and he may still have some value in non-PPR redraft leagues, but he's just not producing in PPR.

What's going on is that he has sucked. Arians can only give the guy so many chances before he gives his job to another talented receiver...which is exactly what appears to be happening. The TDs are nice, and he may still have some value in non-PPR redraft leagues, but he's just not producing in PPR.
thing is: dude has good hands, speed.  We saw it last year.

color me clueless.

just thinking something happened w/ Floyd in locker room or on practice field.  You don't go from that(last year) to this.   something is up.

Banging the coaches daughter?
how about DROPPING passes

look at the stats ... but Arians will give him chances to get back in like he did tonight... And Jaron Brown's injury does give him more targets (knee but don't know any more yet)

ShamrockPride said:
Whut?! If you can get Britt, GO! Get off this site and pick him up NOW.
yeah britt did manage to stay on our wire so i'm guessing ppl will be bidding pretty high for him this week. i may not get him, but i'm dropping floyd regardless. can't waste a roster spot on this guy anymore.

Last year I dropped Floyd after week 5 and really lived to regret it.  Not ready to cut bait yet after yet anoth slow start.  I saw signs of life last night.  

Michael Floyd caught 2-of-2 targets for 22 yards and one touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 6 win over the Jets.

Floyd was running as the No. 5 receiver much of the first half, but coach Bruce Arians gave him the "starting" nod coming out of halftime, working him in two-wide sets with Larry Fitzgerald. The Cardinals clearly want to get Floyd going, and he was able to secure a one-handed catch for a nine-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Floyd is still highly volatile as a fantasy asset, but with Jaron Brown's (knee) potential injury, he could come back into favor as the No. 3. Floyd won't be a recommended play next week against Seattle.

I'm trying to trade him away with a mid round pick for Crabtree and a late rd pick.  I'll probably regret it.

Black said:
What is Floyd's value in Dynasty?  Is he cuttable there?  
I've never been a Floyd fan, but unless you have a really short bench I don't see how you can drop him in a dynasty. If anything try and get some one to give you a draft pick or something rather than drop him.

I do think it's very funny that people are blaming the situation for his troubles and think he'll be magically cured if he goes somewhere else. He's a in GREAT situation now, where could he go that would be so much better?

john brown is so much better right now and fitz aint coming off the field.  cards go 2 wide a lot.

it was obv they wanted to get him involved 2nd half.  he was obv in dog house.  TD was great for him and everyone on the teams confidence.  it was a really nice catch.  but john brown looks so good that I don't see him getting back to the #2 without an injury.

really sucks for me because I drafted him in every league hoping to turn a #2/3 WR draft spot into a #1.  opposite happened!  after losing keenan and Sammy this has basically torpedo'd my team into missing the playoffs.

I've never been a Floyd fan, but unless you have a really short bench I don't see how you can drop him in a dynasty. If anything try and get some one to give you a draft pick or something rather than drop him.

I do think it's very funny that people are blaming the situation for his troubles and think he'll be magically cured if he goes somewhere else. He's a in GREAT situation now, where could he go that would be so much better?
Floyd can be a #2. John Brown can be a #2. Juron Brown can be a #2. Too much competition, not even mentioning that they are transitioning to a run based offense. He could go to a lot of places and be the undisputed #2 in more pass heavy offenses.

Floyd can be a #2. John Brown can be a #2. Juron Brown can be a #2. Too much competition, not even mentioning that they are transitioning to a run based offense. He could go to a lot of places and be the undisputed #2 in more pass heavy offenses.
I kind of agree with both the posts above. He fits well in an Arians offense and Palmer is a good QB for Floyd's abilities, but at the same time he's not getting snaps anymore, thus it has become a bad situation. We saw what he could do last year. He looked much better than Fitz and Brown, but something has gone wrong this year. However, the season isn't even half over. It could correct itself. I'd hold in all formats, but he can't be started until he's getting more snaps.

it was obv they wanted to get him involved 2nd half.  he was obv in dog house. 
wat?

he played like 2 snaps in the first half. = dog house

started 2nd half in 2 WR sets and even played as the WR in 1 WR sets.  = trying to get him involved.

he played like 2 snaps in the first half. = dog house

started 2nd half in 2 WR sets and even played as the WR in 1 WR sets.  = trying to get him involved.
FWIW, a less nonsensical way to phrase that would be to add context and put the sentences in chronological order:

"He was in the dog house to begin the game. It was obvious they wanted to get him involved in the 2nd half."

thing is: dude has good hands, speed.  We saw it last year.

color me clueless.
He is in a contract year and speculation is that it's in his head. He has been very bad this year, dropping lots of balls and running the wrong routes. He's in the dog house right now, and the only reason he may get a chance again is the Brown injury. He's on his way out of AZ, and with Fitz, Brown, Brown, and JJ, they don't really need Floyd.

Michael Floyd Looks To Perform Against Seahawks

Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd had limited snaps on Monday but did catch a touchdown pass.

Even on a sideline full of players and coaches, Michael Floyd stuck out like a sore thumb on Monday night.

The Cardinals wideout was again relegated to reserve duty against the Jets, playing less than 50 percent of the offensive snaps for the third straight week.

It surely hasn't been easy on him, especially with unrestricted free agency beckoning after the season, but Floyd swears he hasn't lost any confidence. The way he copes is by looking forward to the playing time he does get instead of dwelling on any missed opportunities.

"No one really cares how many snaps you play," Floyd said. "This is the NFL. When your name is called, you've got to come out and perform."

After failing to haul in more than half of his targets in any of the first five games - including a catch-less performance in Week 5 against the 49ers - there may be a flicker of light coming out of the Jets game. Floyd was only thrown to twice, but he did secure each pass, including a spectacular one-handed grab in the end zone for a 9-yard score in the fourth quarter.

"Especially with how some of the weeks have been going for me, to get in the end zone again, it feels good," Floyd said.

The season totals are still low - 14 catches for 192 yards and three touchdowns - but maybe the return of a familiar foe brings out the Floyd who had a 1,000-yard season in 2013 and had a monster stretch run last year.

The Seahawks boast the vaunted Legion of Boom defensively, but Floyd had a game-winning 31-yard touchdown against it in 2013 and went off for 113 receiving yards and two scores in last year's 39-32 win in Seattle.

"Mike likes playing against Seattle," quarterback Carson Palmer said. "You can see it in his eyes (Wednesday) in practice and he was so into it. He had a lot of questions. … He matches up well with the guys they have and we're expecting big things from him."

Fellow wideouts John Brown and Jaron Brown are nursing hamstring and knee injuries, respectively, which kept them out of practice Thursday and puts their status for Sunday night in limbo. If Floyd is used more, he expects to have the full confidence of Palmer and coach Bruce Arians.

"I think my coach knows who I am," Floyd said. "I think I've shown them a lot throughout the years, and they trust me. I think my teammates trust me. It's just going out there daily and every week and putting on a great performance."

I would love to believe this.  And true, with the injuries to both browns, it would seem that the stars are aligning for Floyd this Sunday.   And yes I remember his monster game in Seattle last year. But the biggest difference this year: Palmer SUCKS now.   

So I think it would be silly to expect the same results this time around in Seattle.  Their defense is awesome once again and this isn't the same Palmer that was dropping dimes all over the NFL last year.   Did you watch him last week vs the jets?  Pure game manager and let DJ do all of the heavy lifting.  I expect more of the same this week unless Seattle jumps ahead with a big lead.   

I would love to believe this.  And true, with the injuries to both browns, it would seem that the stars are aligning for Floyd this Sunday.   And yes I remember his monster game in Seattle last year. But the biggest difference this year: Palmer SUCKS now.   

So I think it would be silly to expect the same results this time around in Seattle.  Their defense is awesome once again and this isn't the same Palmer that was dropping dimes all over the NFL last year.   Did you watch him last week vs the jets?  Pure game manager and let DJ do all of the heavy lifting.  I expect more of the same this week unless Seattle jumps ahead with a big lead.   
Not sure i'd go as far as to say Palmer sucks but your point is valid.  With Brown out and his snaps on the upswing it at least makes him worth consideration this week, I think.

Not sure i'd go as far as to say Palmer sucks but your point is valid.  With Brown out and his snaps on the upswing it at least makes him worth consideration this week, I think.
Sure...as john Hansen says...if ya need him.  Let's play the foot clan crew's game here would you start Floyd at Seattle over:

djax

kendall wright

torrey smith

Enunua 

tyrell williams

hopkins at denver

Maqise lee vs jags 

Sure...as john Hansen says...if ya need him.  Let's play the foot clan crew's game here would you start Floyd at Seattle over:

djax -  yes

kendall wright - yes

torrey smith - no

Enunua - yes

tyrell williams - no

hopkins at denver - yes

Maqise lee vs jags. - yes

Users who are viewing this thread