What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Michael Floyd underrated? (1 Viewer)

He served 24 days in jail and has to serve 96 days under house arrest. That puts the timeline at mid-June.

Kinda sad for Malcolm Butler. NE paid Floyd twice as much as Butler to appear in two games..
Bobby Bonilla is somewhere laughing about hard hard Floyd had to work for that money.

ESPN's Mike Reiss believes the Patriots re-signing free agent Michael Floyd is a "long shot" after the addition of Brandin Cooks.

Sentenced to 24 days in jail and 96 days of home detention as a result of his in-season extreme DUI, Floyd hasn't drawn an ounce of known interest. With Cooks added to the mix in New England, there doesn't appear to be room for Floyd. ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein thinks Floyd could make sense in Detroit.

Related: LionsPatriots
Source: ESPN.com

KSTP's Darren Wolfson reports the Vikings are interested in free agent Michael Floyd.
Per Wolfon, the Vikings are "highly, highly interested." He also reports the Redskins are considering the ex-Cardinal. It's the first we've heard of Floyd in months. He drew zero initial interest in free agency, and has yet to make a visit. Floyd looked lost on the field for Arizona last season, and was then popped for "extreme" DUI, leading to his release. He did zero with the Patriots after being claimed off waivers. The Vikings' receiver depth chart is shaky behind Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen.

Related: VikingsRedskins

Source: Andrew Renschen on Twitter 
May 4 - 7:07 PM

Hmm... "Bradford to Floyd"... nope, that does not have a ring to it at all. Why bother pairing Captain Checkdown with a deep threat WR? The Redskins would be a better fit, but they already have Brian Quick who plays similarly to Floyd.

ESPN's Mike Reiss confirms free agent Michael Floyd won't be back with the Patriots in 2017.
The Patriots took a flyer on Floyd after the Cardinals cut him for his second DUI arrest, but he only caught four passes in two regular season games for New England and was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs. After getting Danny Amendola to accept a pay cut and acquiring Brandin Cooks from New Orleans, there's simply no room for Floyd in Foxboro. It's been a quiet free agency for Floyd, who has only drawn interest from the Redskins and Vikings. He's still under house arrest through June 17.

Related: Patriots

May 7 - 8:39 AM

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer believes the team has a "good support system" in place for Michael Floyd.
Floyd's career hit rock bottom last year after his second DUI arrest facilitated his exile from Arizona. That was followed up by an underwhelming two-month stay in New England. Despite his struggles—he's still under house arrest until June 17—Zimmer felt comfortable giving Floyd a second chance. "He's from here," said Zimmer. "I think he has a good support system with [former Notre Dame teammates] Harrison Smith and Kyle Rudolph, partly." Floyd will try to carve a role for himself behind lead receivers Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen.

May 21 - 10:20 AM

TMZ Sports reports Michael Floyd has violated terms of his arrest by testing positive for alcohol.

Unbelievable. Floyd's alcohol monitoring system reportedly flagged him five times earlier this week. At least three of those were deemed "high alcohol tests," and Floyd allegedly blew BAC counts of .044 and .055 on two of them. Under terms of his house arrest stemming from his extreme DUI last year, Floyd isn't permitted to have a single drop of alcohol. He's blaming the failed tests on an herbal tea. If the court determines Floyd broke the rules, he could be headed back to jail. He's due back in court on June 26 in Arizona to "explain" the failed tests.

Source: TMZ Sports

Jun 16 - 12:14 PM

Just another example of how powerful substance addiction can be.  I'm sure it's really boring being stuck in your house for three months straight and it's not the best environment for kicking an addiction, but come on.  So much on the line and these guys just can't seem to find an alternative.  Not even a temporary one.  It's really sad.  I honestly feel sorry for guys like this. 

Calling Mr Decker to the red phone the Vikings are on hold
Because their #4 WR at best is unlikely to play? The FAR more likely scenario, that was likely regardless of Floyd's status, is that Treadwell steps up into the #3 role, with potential for much more.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

A statement on WR Michael Floyd from his agent @A1Murph regarding today's news

https://www.facebook.com/RapSheet/posts/1420825691317339 …

Michael Floyd Statement on today's news

Michael Floyd started his 96-day home monitoring on March 13, 2017. During this time period, Michael was tested a minimum of six times per day. For the first 90 days, Michael’s blood alcohol content was 0.0 for all of his 500 plus tests.

On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

On June 11, 2017 at 5:30 a.m., Michael was tested and his blood alcohol content was .055. Michael was tested again at 5:54 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was down to .045. Michael was tested again at 6:23 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was .044. He then went back to sleep and missed a test at 6:33 a.m.

Michael was five days away from the end of his home monitoring. Prior to and after this incident, Michael has not had any alcohol whatsoever since the start of his home monitoring. Unfortunately, the kombucha teas that Michael did drink resulted in a positive blood alcohol content reading. As a result, the Court wishes to hear from Michael on June 26. At that time, Michael will have an opportunity to explain how this unfortunate test result happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 I was offered Lev Bell and D-Jax for Christina Michael and Michael Floyd........I said no.........pretty safe to say that was the worst ever turn down of a trade offer I will ever make in my entire life in a dynasty league.

:wall:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

A statement on WR Michael Floyd from his agent @A1Murph regarding today's news

https://www.facebook.com/RapSheet/posts/1420825691317339 …

That is actually quite a plausible explanation. Kombucha is good stuff, and it's good for your digestive system. I can down four in a day, but it does have naturally occurring alcohol in it because it is made from fermented tea leaves. It is less than what's in an O'Douls, so if he gets nabbed for that then the NFL is ree-freaking-diculous

That is actually quite a plausible explanation. Kombucha is good stuff, and it's good for your digestive system. I can down four in a day, but it does have naturally occurring alcohol in it because it is made from fermented tea leaves. It is less than what's in an O'Douls, so if he gets nabbed for that then the NFL is ree-freaking-diculous
It's not an NFL thing, it's a law thing. 

good point--if the law pops him for this and it is true all he drank was Kombucha, then the law is ree-freaking-diculous.
How much Kombucha would you have to drink to get your blood alcohol that high? 50 in a day? I think this is obviously one of those things where the easiest explanation is also the correct one, and that is that he is lying and absolutely drank alcohol, and not just on one occasion. 

A friend shared this with me. I think Floyd may be stretching the truth...

One bottle of Kombucha contains .5% alcohol which is about 1/8 the alcohol content of one can of Bud Light. So you would have to drink 48 bottles of Kombucha to catch the buzz of a six pack of light beer.

A friend shared this with me. I think Floyd may be stretching the truth...

One bottle of Kombucha contains .5% alcohol which is about 1/8 the alcohol content of one can of Bud Light. So you would have to drink 48 bottles of Kombucha to catch the buzz of a six pack of light beer.
According to his BAC it doesn't really look like he was trying to catch a buzz. Depending on the size of a person and what he's eaten, one beer can put a person's BAC at .055. 

With such a low BAC I think he may have a pretty solid chance of getting out of it. 

According to his BAC it doesn't really look like he was trying to catch a buzz. Depending on the size of a person and what he's eaten, one beer can put a person's BAC at .055. 

With such a low BAC I think he may have a pretty solid chance of getting out of it. 
So he's 110 pounds and hasn't eaten for a week?

We know his age and weight.  Odd statement.

From an article on Kombucha:

But could someone get drunk off kombucha? 

"No, no," Rothbauer said, laughing. "I don't know if you've tasted kombucha, but it's not something that you drink bottle after bottle. You know, this is something that's fermented. It would be like trying to drink vinegar bottle after bottle. And you would have to drink eight bottles (of kombucha) just to get the buzz of one beer."

From a BAC calculator, when you put in Floyd's age and weight, it would take 4 5% beers in an hour to get to .055 BAC.  Since Kombucha is .5% alcohol (max - they are in a dispute with the Feds because some, not all, samples of the stuff hit 0.5% alcohol, which is the threshold for alcoholic beverages).

So 1 5% beer = at least, maybe more, 10 kombuchas.

That means Floyd would have had to down at least 40 12 oz bottles (just under 4 gallons) in an hour to hit that BAC, and the stuff is not prone to binge drinking by the accounts.

Sorry, calling BS on this.  Oh, and Michael, let your lawyer know that the courts really frown on incredulous BS when trying to talk your way out of a violation of parole.

If it has less alcohol in it leas than O'Douls then he wouldn't have blown a .055.

Is Michael Floyd underrated? 

Yes he is. 

I thought not way could he screw his life up any worse and I was wrong. I went way beyond what I thought he could do

lofl

A person with at least a 5th grade math level can figure out that Floyd couldn't possibly be telling the truth, coach
I don't even get why they signed him. He's not good. He's never been good either. He was in the best possible situation for a young WR and he just couldn't make it happen. 2011 WR class was just loaded with bust after bust: Stephen Hill, Justin Blackmonm Brian Quick, Reuben Randle, Ryan Broyles, A.J. Jenkins, Kendall Wright and Michael Floyd were all drafted in the first 2 rounds.The one good pick was Alshon and he couldn't even earn a 2nd deal with the the team that drafted him. 

Sorry to throw cold water on all our dynasty rookie picks

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 7m7 minutes ago

Vikings WR Michael Floyd has been suspended for the first four games of the 2017 season.

Users who are viewing this thread