What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Black Quarterback" ... hard to believe it ever mattered (1 Viewer)

Seriously though, kidding aside, if two top tier prospects in the same draft are 100% identical in every single way except one is white and one is black (exact same skillset, same stats, same hair cut, etc... Let's call 'em Peyton Whiteman'ning and Peyton Blackman'ning)... We all know that Peyton Whiteman'ning gets drafted first right?

Less of a chance that he'll get a drug suspension, and teams always respect white QB's in the huddle more anyway... Just a way less risky pick for a million different reasons.
Is this how you'd play it if you were a GM?
Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist. Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
Big Ben says hi.
You son of a #####, I was gonna say that.

Everyone else, try not to get fished too hard.

Seriously though, kidding aside, if two top tier prospects in the same draft are 100% identical in every single way except one is white and one is black (exact same skillset, same stats, same hair cut, etc... Let's call 'em Peyton Whiteman'ning and Peyton Blackman'ning)... We all know that Peyton Whiteman'ning gets drafted first right?

Less of a chance that he'll get a drug suspension, and teams always respect white QB's in the huddle more anyway... Just a way less risky pick for a million different reasons.
Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist.

Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
Horrible.

7 starting Black QBs... I'd take them in this order, although I understand the argument for Wilson to be number 1. I'd bet within 4-6 years there are at least 12-16 on this list. I'd also take the top 3 on this list over at least 2/3 of the remaining QBs.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
Really impressed when I watched EJ Manuel last year. I think he may rise to the top of this list.

7 starting Black QBs... I'd take them in this order, although I understand the argument for Wilson to be number 1. I'd bet within 4-6 years there are at least 12-16 on this list. I'd also take the top 3 on this list over at least 2/3 of the remaining QBs.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
Really impressed when I watched EJ Manuel last year. I think he may rise to the top of this list.
Behind Bridgewater you mean

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
:lol:

You EJ fascination is fascinating.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno

Can we have a Bridgewater fascination? I need this.

Everyone on that list is merely keeping the seat warm for Famous Jameis, anyway. They should induct him into the Pro Football Hall of Fame before he even gets drafted.

Troof!

Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist.Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
Horrible.
:shrug: I took a swing at it. Fishing is a natural talent - you're either good at it or you aren't.

BusterTBronco said:
Of course it would be Minnesota (land of Al Franken and Walter Mondale) to move up and take Teddy B with the 32nd pick.

I had forgotten they had Daunte Culpepper all those years.
Randall Cunningham was 1st Team All-Pro two years before Culpepper started a game.

BusterTBronco said:
Of course it would be Minnesota (land of Al Franken and Walter Mondale) to move up and take Teddy B with the 32nd pick.

Randall Cunningham was 1st Team All-Pro two years before Culpepper started a game.
And Warren Moon preceeded him in Minnesota.

Frostillicus said:
Raider Nation said:
timschochet said:

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3EJ

Geno

Can we have a Bridgewater fascination? I need this.
Not in love with the situation he is in... Don't know how he handles the frigid weather, but in terms of skills set, work ethic, & talent I think he is the best in this years draft.

BusterTBronco said:

I think they signed Prince to the practice squad back in '93.

BusterTBronco said:

I think they signed Prince to the practice squad back in '93.
Prince didn't work out because he couldn't find any hi heel cleats

BusterTBronco said:
What a awful year for black quarterbacks in the NFL. Take a look at the ESPN or QBR quarterback rankings. The top 14 quarterbacks are all white. The black quarterbacks are dominating the bottom third of the rankings.
When are the Asian QBs going to get a chance?

Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist. Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
Big Ben says hi.
Big Ben is black?!

Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist.Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
Big Ben says hi.
Big Ben is black?!
No, he just says Hi!

BusterTBronco said:
What a awful year for black quarterbacks in the NFL. Take a look at the ESPN or QBR quarterback rankings. The top 14 quarterbacks are all white. The black quarterbacks are dominating the bottom third of the rankings.
I think you're obligated to call them the blacks.

lod01 said:
SacramentoBob said:
White man goes down to Russell Wilson yet again.
If Russell Wilson can win the SB again he will be the 1st black QB to win back to back Super Bowls. Bank on that statement being made by the media.
XLVII years after Bart Starr

BusterTBronco said:
Seahawks - Vikings game this weekend should be epic.
Only three black QBs in that game. I miss the good old days when the Seahawks carried 3 black QBs on their roster.

Imagine how many great black quarterbacks there would have been if we didn't have this horribly racist history.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
More than half these guys lost their jobs in one year. Crazy turnover

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
It's a conspiracy. A c. o. n... spiracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwz9RAVou1U?t=1:09s

Last edited by a moderator:

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
lol hindsight and all that

Imagine how many great black quarterbacks there would have been if we didn't have this horribly racist history.
Technically, if we didn't have this horribly racist history most of the potentially great black QBs would have been playing soccer for Nigeria, Ivory Coast, etc..

Technically, if we didn't have this horribly racist history most of the potentially great black QBs would have been playing soccer for Nigeria, Ivory Coast, etc..
Possibly, not really "technically". Africans could have immigrated here. You still make a good point. Our history could have still been moderately racist.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
Lost 4 but gained 2, Winston and Taylor, though we don't know if Taylor will still be starting next year.

Also Cam may just win the MVP this year.... which I'm not sure has ever been done by a black QB?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
Lost 4 but gained 2, Winston and Tyler, though we don't know if Tyler will still be starting next year.

Also Cam may just win the MVP this year.... which I'm not sure has ever been done by a black QB?
I assume you mean Tyrod Taylor, not Tyler, and he will DEFINITELY be the starter at least to start the season. He would have to absolutely implode not to keep the job IMO. He was a top 10 QB this year in a bunch of categories.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
Lost 4 but gained 2, Winston and Tyler, though we don't know if Tyler will still be starting next year.

Tyler isn't black.

The RG3 implosion was astonishing. His story might get interesting again, depending on where he signs and if he's learned anything from his mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread