What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

belljr

Footballguy
since the other thread has become a pissing match...

i know there is only one episode left but...

All I ask is to let us illiterates
default_smile.png
have our fun.

i want to ask questions and speculate wildly without any backstory filled in unless it was something they actually showed. I am going in as there are no books. Subtle things have been talked about and while not earth shattering, did clue me on things i wish didn't. Maybe some tv only recaps do fill in some blanks.

so please lets us have this, books were never written deal?

no chance this is not hijacked....
default_popcorn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this where I can ask dumb questions without ridicule? If so, can someone remind me who holds Winterfell at the moment? TIA.

Is this where I can ask dumb questions without ridicule? If so, can someone remind me who holds Winterfell at the moment? TIA.
I'm pretty sure it's the dude that killed Robb Stark.

Roose Bolton told Robb he had a son (******* son maybe?) that he could send to re-take Winterfell from Theon. Robb said OK. That guy's forces arrive at Winterfell and convince the Greyjoy men to turn on Theon in exchange for them being able to walk away. The next time we see Winterfell it is burning, so I guess given we now know Bolton is totally playing for the other side, we can guess that it was his ******* son's guys that burned the city down and he'd been planning to turn on Robb for a while now.

I think, in terms of the TV show, Winterfell is abandoned. It is a smoking ruin in the intro and they haven't really shown it this season.

I'm pretty sure it's the dude that killed Robb Stark.

Roose Bolton told Robb he had a son (******* son maybe?) that he could send to re-take Winterfell from Theon. Robb said OK. That guy's forces arrive at Winterfell and convince the Greyjoy men to turn on Theon in exchange for them being able to walk away. The next time we see Winterfell it is burning, so I guess given we now know Bolton is totally playing for the other side, we can guess that it was his ******* son's guys that burned the city down and he'd been planning to turn on Robb for a while now.
Yeah, but unidentified guy who cut off Theon's junk led him into wherever he is torturing him via some secret passage. If it was Winterfell, you figure Theon would've recognized it. I'm betting their somewhere else. Plus, Theon is strapped to a giant X a lot, which looks very similar to the Bolton's flag... so they probably at Bolton's place.

Winterfell seemed to be left abandoned. Legally, Bran is The Lord of Winterfell. Although, he did yield the title to Theon, but I'm not sure that would be recognized by anyone since Theon has absolutely zero support from anyone anywhere. Finally, since most everyone thinks Bran and his brother are dead, it seems that in the eyes of the Crown, Tyrion is The Lord of Winterfell. They believe there are no male heirs and Sansa is the eldest living child.

So can we rename the other non-book thread to "***OFFICIAL*** Whining, Bellyaching and Bickering Between GoT Book Readers and Non-Book Readers" now?

So can we rename the other non-book thread to "***OFFICIAL*** Whining, Bellyaching and Bickering Between GoT Book Readers and Non-Book Readers" now?
We can rename it the "There's no reason for book readers to post in here at all, but for some reason they do so we had to make yet another thread" thread.

We can rename it the "There's no reason for book readers to post in here at all, but for some reason they do so we had to make yet another thread" thread.
i thought the other thread was the pissing match

reported

i didnt think anyone did...i want to know are there any nights watch left...they battled the walkers, then fought each other, is there anyone left on the wall

i didnt think anyone did...i want to know are there any nights watch left...they battled the walkers, then fought each other, is there anyone left on the wall
I think it was just one contigent/platoon/whatever that went out. I don't think it was supposed to be the whole night's watch.

You forgot to add: "And we're still going to whine about it in the new thread'

So is next season gonna be the last season?
The plan according to HBO is 7 seasons.
got a link?

I kinda think they are painting themselves into a corner

i don;t know they can get that much more out of this
After this season they still have 2.5 volumes of source material plus whatever notes on future volumes from the author. How can they paint themselves into a corner as long as they still have a story that's already been told?

I think it was just one contigent/platoon/whatever that went out. I don't think it was supposed to be the whole night's watch.
Yes there are still people manning the Wall, just not enough. Remember Castle Black is one of 3 manned locations. Most are not but 3 are still manned by the Night's Watch.

So is next season gonna be the last season?
The plan according to HBO is 7 seasons.
got a link?

I kinda think they are painting themselves into a corner

i don;t know they can get that much more out of this
After this season they still have 2.5 volumes of source material plus whatever notes on future volumes from the author. How can they paint themselves into a corner as long as they still have a story that's already been told?
RULES VIOLATION!!!

what is this source material

there are writers writing GOT from theoir heads for HBO, in loose leaf form, NEVER BOUND!

man if i report many more people today i am gonna get a warning point

I agree, as much as i liked the TV people in that thread, having read there stuff, though its never really spoiler stuff, they tend to spoil things without realizing it.

Just by reading from people that the Red Wedding was the worst feeling they had in the books, I am now thinking such a mass killing will never happen again, I dont want to know that, i prefer to think the Lannisters could be taken out in one fell swoop as well.

Also people were mentioning they "forgot" what happens to Edmure in the books, thats a spoiler. I dont want to know that he ceases to be a part of the story. Small subtle stuff like that, really irked me and had me regretting going into that thread.

I agree, as much as i liked the TV people in that thread, having read there stuff, though its never really spoiler stuff, they tend to spoil things without realizing it. Just by reading from people that the Red Wedding was the worst feeling they had in the books, I am now thinking such a mass killing will never happen again, I dont want to know that, i prefer to think the Lannisters could be taken out in one fell swoop as well. Also people were mentioning they "forgot" what happens to Edmure Frey in the books, thats a spoiler; for all I know the remaining Starks will be hunting him down, I dont want to know that he ceases to be a part of the story. Small subtle stuff like that, really irked me and had me regretting going into that thread.
so you needed to repeat those in this thread thus ruining it NEW THREAD!!!!

Oh man, your right! I suck! lemme put it in spoilers, edit your quote of mine

Might be a dumb question but this is for TV watchers. The season two finale ended with the White Walkers walking past Sam going somewhere...Where were they headed, and what is taking them so long, why havent they started a massive war with some humans by now?

There is plenty of material for more seasons. You still have the White Walker Zombie Invasion to deal with, the Wildling Invasion, Khaleesi and her dragon invasion, Stannis and whatever his witch might be able to conjure up, and a great deal of internal tension inside the capital between the Lannisters and Tyrells, plus there are still likely to be new characters to arrive or existing characters taking on a larger role (Frey? Blackfish? Brotherhood? Bolton? Theon's father and sister?)

Might be a dumb question but this is for TV watchers. The season two finale ended with the White Walkers walking past Sam going somewhere...Where were they headed, and what is taking them so long, why havent they started a massive war with some humans by now?
I think that was just a parade. It was a White Walker holiday.

the battle wasnt shown.

They showed the aftermath in a horse head spiral thingy.

i thought about that myself, just seemed odd to make a big spectacle then nothing. although at the start of the season the watch did fight them. we only see the aftermath when they all called sam a coward

i thought about that myself, just seemed odd to make a big spectacle then nothing. although at the start of the season the watch did fight them. we only see the aftermath when they all called sam a coward
yeah but they werent defeated, so where are they supposed to be now?

Also I never understood why the Wildings were trying to attack the Night Watchers, what benefit did killing Snow's ex pals do for them?

yeah but they werent defeated, so where are they supposed to be now?

Also I never understood why the Wildings were trying to attack the Night Watchers, what benefit did killing Snow's ex pals do for them?
they seem to be marchign towards the wall I guess, at a snails pace though, zombies dont move very fast

The wildlings want to get to the other side of the wall because of the white walkers.

Im guessing the reason the wildlings are kept north of the wall is due to their barbaric nature, too bad your north of the wall, stay out of the kingdom!

Users who are viewing this thread