What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (6 Viewers)

Why did Catelyn bring Therion to her sister's castle?

I'm guessing it was because it was the most protected place to hold him but why did she think they couldn't have held him at Winterfell? It's not like word doesn't travel very fast in the realm. It wouldn't have been a secret.
Tyrion? I think the main reason was proximity. Winterfell is a long ways away and she didn't have an army with her.

What is the appeal of this tripe?
People with brains enjoy the intricate storylines and the nuanced characters, not to mention the stunning visuals.

You should probably check out Duck Dynasty though...I hear that's good. :thumbup:
i am not sure DSP knows large words that you used
I do

The storylines are a mess. This princess sleeps with that kings horse so her father plots with another king to attack a sheep or something, and then evetyone bangs everyone

Its a bunch of nonsense with crap tv visuals based on convuluted source material

Television is garbage

People with brains enjoy the intricate storylines and the nuanced characters, not to mention the stunning visuals.

You should probably check out Duck Dynasty though...I hear that's good. :thumbup:
I do

The storylines are a mess. This princess sleeps with that kings horse so her father plots with another king to attack a sheep or something, and then evetyone bangs everyone

Its a bunch of nonsense with crap tv visuals based on convuluted source material

Television is garbage
Wtf are you rambling on about?

I do

Television is garbage
You should start your very own thread about this - and stay the #### out of the other Game Of Thrones threads. Deal?

I doThe storylines are a mess. This princess sleeps with that kings horse so her father plots with another king to attack a sheep or something, and then evetyone bangs everyone

Television is garbage
You should start your very own thread about this - and stay the #### out of the other Game Of Thrones threads. Deal?
Soon. Ive started too many threads lately and I need to let the board breathe

I'm guessing it was because it was the most protected place to hold him but why did she think they couldn't have held him at Winterfell? It's not like word doesn't travel very fast in the realm. It wouldn't have been a secret.
Tyrion? I think the main reason was proximity. Winterfell is a long ways away and she didn't have an army with her.
Oops, yeah Tyrion.

Oh ok, so it was just a distance thing. It seemed more specific. I thought it might still have been related to Jon Arryn's death. Cat should have figured her sister would seek revenge on him.

Its like 15-20 times closer. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/e/e7/Map_of_westeros.jpg
Cool map! :thumbup:

Its like 15-20 times closer. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/e/e7/Map_of_westeros.jpg
Weird map. It lists city names over castles I guess? Lannisport is shown, but not Casterly Rock. I've never heard of places like White Harbor. A lot different than this map:

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season3/#!/map/
Casterly Rock is just north of Lannisport - IIRC, it's two close, but separate, places. White Harbor plays a role in A Dance With Dragons, which may or may not get time on the TV show.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do

Television is garbage
You couldn't be more wrong if your name was R. Wrongy Wrongerstein. We get it. You don't like a great show. Anything else to add?

Tv does suck. Nothing but stupid programming

Its dumbing down society. Nobody reads anymore...they just turn the book in to a show

That last part is actually very true DSP.
Not sure of stats, but total gaming revenue is 2012 was 62 billion.

Total ticket revenue for motion pictures was 13 billion domestic (maybe, if you are lucky, double it for world wide).
The people who say they dont play video games dont think of angry birfs and candy crush on their phone as one or simply are afraid to admit they play something once considered for children

Video games are works of art now. Some are such epics they stay a part of our culture long after they ate gone

Interactive media was always the next step

Next is VR and eventually surrogated

OK, let's move this conversation rather than derailing this thread more than it has been already. I'll fire up the pole.

And then start a new thread. :pickle:

BigSteelThrill said:
BigSteelThrill said:

Total ticket revenue for motion pictures was 13 billion domestic (maybe, if you are lucky, double it for world wide).
Ticket sales. I think rentals, PPV/on demand and downloading have something to do with those movie numbers.I for one almost never go to the theater to see movies any more.

DSP said:
Wingnut said:
DSP said:
Homer J Simpson said:
DSP said:
TV is infinitely better than movies at this point. Much like a shart is infinitely better than your posts.
Most movies suck too. Books and video games are better
HahahahahahahahahahahahaWhat a dweeb
Video games have grosssed more than the movie industry for several years now. Its not just geeks playing its everyone. Its mainstream
That's not hard when you charge $600 for a console and $60 a game.

DSP said:
BigSteelThrill said:
BigSteelThrill said:

The people who say they dont play video games dont think of angry birfs and candy crush on their phone as one or simply are afraid to admit they play something once considered for childrenVideo games are works of art now. Some are such epics they stay a part of our culture long after they ate gone

Interactive media was always the next step

Next is VR and eventually surrogated
I play video games. I much prefer ones with indepth story mode. I don't play coop or pure shooters. No video game comes close to thrones, mad men, breaking bad, or really any good tv or movie.

Not reading much in here... just started Season 1 last night. Got through 4 episodes with the GF. Wanted to keep going but it was midnight and we had to work today. Have a feeling we'll plow through the rest of Season 1 and a good bit of Season 2 this weekend :unsure: We're both already hooked pretty badly. Have seasons 1-3 downloaded on a memory stick watching via XBOX360. Hoping to get caught up in time...

Not reading much in here... just started Season 1 last night. Got through 4 episodes with the GF. Wanted to keep going but it was midnight and we had to work today. Have a feeling we'll plow through the rest of Season 1 and a good bit of Season 2 this weekend :unsure: We're both already hooked pretty badly. Have seasons 1-3 downloaded on a memory stick watching via XBOX360. Hoping to get caught up in time...
I suggest reading the Entertainment Weekly recaps. They really do a good job in keeping you informed on things that might be overlooked. I just watched the whole series for a second time and still found stuff I missed, even with following the show thread.

I suggest reading the Entertainment Weekly recaps. They really do a good job in keeping you informed on things that might be overlooked. I just watched the whole series for a second time and still found stuff I missed, even with following the show thread.
I've been using the Game of Thrones WIkia early on to make sure I have a good foundation of awareness of all the details.

Pay close attention, there end up being a lot of characters, places, /details that that seem minor or are just spoken of-not even shown- will end up being very important. Also, make this post the last thing you read about GoT on the Internet until you are caught up. There will be spoilers everywhere,

I've been using the Game of Thrones WIkia early on to make sure I have a good foundation of awareness of all the details.
I used that for the second time through. There might be spoilers using for the first viewing.

Pay close attention, there end up being a lot of characters, places, /details that that seem minor or are just spoken of-not even shown- will end up being very important. Also, make this post the last thing you read about GoT on the Internet until you are caught up. There will be spoilers everywhere,
That's what I noticed the most during second viewing. Every time they mentioned someone I wasn't completely sure of, I'd check the wiki page. Amazing how early some of the mentions were that relate to things that happen later on. Like Barristan Selmy. Didn't remember him when he showed up later on the first viewing.

I used that for the second time through. There might be spoilers using for the first viewing.
I have been very cautious about avoiding spoilers.. I bookmarked the seasons 1-2-3 homepages and have been pretty careful. But yeah... did accedentally happen upon a page listing who was dead or alive right before starting. Thankfully I had no idea who anyone was yet so nothing stuck.

I have been very cautious about avoiding spoilers.. I bookmarked the seasons 1-2-3 homepages and have been pretty careful. But yeah... did accedentally happen upon a page listing who was dead or alive right before starting. Thankfully I had no idea who anyone was yet so nothing stuck.
That's why EW recaps are great. No spoilers and it's concise and informative.

Users who are viewing this thread