What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (6 Viewers)

So Oberyn and Daenerys are cousins or is he her uncle?

Seems like a good match in the future against the Lannisters.
"Martell’s sister Elia was married to Prince Rhaegar Targaryen before King Robert Baratheon’s rebellion, when all the Targaryens (besides Daenerys and her brother Viserys) were murdered."

:shrug:

Ah, so the children that were slaughtered were both of their nieces/nephews (don't know if boys or girls)

Is the woman that was with Oberyn his wife? Or maybe we don't know that yet.

Definitely see a Oberyn/Danys hookup coming.

So Oberyn and Daenerys are cousins or is he her uncle?

Seems like a good match in the future against the Lannisters.
"Martell’s sister Elia was married to Prince Rhaegar Targaryen before King Robert Baratheon’s rebellion, when all the Targaryens (besides Daenerys and her brother Viserys) were murdered."

:shrug:
And Aemon. Try to keep up with the show, will you?
:goodposting: :lmao:

Blind old man at the Wall

Honestly, with the way they left S3 they still didn't even manage to touch a few of the major storylines that looked to be heavy features this season.

Rickon/Osha and their situation. Fatty was seen in E1, but we got no backstory there.

Iron Island sister coming to save stumpy.

Red Witch check-in.
It's one episode. They can't touch on every story line.
I am glad when they don't try to do that. The less I have to see of the Bran, Sam, and now unfortunately Theon/Reek storylines the better the show is for me.

Seeing reports that HBO has ordered seasons 5 and 6 for GoT
As a book reader I have just one thing to say. Thanks for watching, folks. Let's keep this series going.

Oh, and one other thing: please check out Hannibal if you haven't done so, and tell your friends. If they cancel that show because NBC screws up the scheduling and the marketing, I am going to have to burn something - maybe even this thread - right to the ground.

As a book reader I have just one thing to say. Thanks for watching, folks. Let's keep this series going.Oh, and one other thing: please check out Hannibal if you haven't done so, and tell your friends. If they cancel that show because NBC screws up the scheduling and the marketing, I am going to have to burn something - maybe even this thread - right to the ground.
:goodposting:

At the brothel Oberyn introduced her to Tyrion as his paramour Ellaria Sand.
Sand must be the ******* name in the south like Snow is in the north.
why?
Because she says she is a ******* (in the scene in the brothel with Tyrion):

When Oberyn Martell’s lover, Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) is addressed as a lady in a brothel, she rejects the idea that the courtesy is flattering or useful. “A lie anywhere,” she tells the man who tries to ennoble her. “Why not use the right words. I am a *******. She is a whore. And you are what? A procurer?”

At the brothel Oberyn introduced her to Tyrion as his paramour Ellaria Sand.
Sand must be the ******* name in the south like Snow is in the north.
why?
Because she says she is a ******* (in the scene in the brothel with Tyrion):

When Oberyn Martell’s lover, Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) is addressed as a lady in a brothel, she rejects the idea that the courtesy is flattering or useful. “A lie anywhere,” she tells the man who tries to ennoble her. “Why not use the right words. I am a *******. She is a whore. And you are what? A procurer?”
ah, gotcha...thx.

To me Shae is the Jar Jar Binks of this show. If she ever dies it would be awesome if Tywin was responsible for her demise, but if Joffrey did it, the sadistic side of me may prefer that.

If you told me two years ago that Tyrion was going to be married to Sansa yet it was a different woman in his life that was the annoying/naggy one I never would have believed you.

Dinklage did a reddit AMA today. Best Q+A IMO:

Hey Mr. Dinklage, do you have any hilarious behind the scenes stories about Game of Thrones?

[–]MrPeterDinklage 2672 points

3 hoursago There was one scene I was doing with Jerome Flynn, who plays Bronn. It was in season 1 I think, when I say something to a crazy woodsman guy. He asks "How do you want to die?" and the line in the script was like, “At the age of 80 with wine in my belly and a girl’s mouth around my cawk.” And I said… “Age of 80 and a girl’s cawk around my mouth!” I inverted a couple of the words, and when I said that my friend Jerome couldn’t stop laughing, so we had to stop filming for the day.

I know I'm way behind every one else, but I finished a couple more episodes tonight and love how Tyrion played the council by telling them each a different story about marrying off the queens daughter.

As a book reader I have just one thing to say. Thanks for watching, folks. Let's keep this series going.Oh, and one other thing: please check out Hannibal if you haven't done so, and tell your friends. If they cancel that show because NBC screws up the scheduling and the marketing, I am going to have to burn something - maybe even this thread - right to the ground.
:goodposting: :goodposting:

As a book reader I have just one thing to say. Thanks for watching, folks. Let's keep this series going.

Oh, and one other thing: please check out Hannibal if you haven't done so, and tell your friends. If they cancel that show because NBC screws up the scheduling and the marketing, I am going to have to burn something - maybe even this thread - right to the ground.
I keep passing this one up b/c I have turned into a cable TV only snob. Heard good things from a lot of people though.

Jebus, I really need to un-star this thread for nights I've been drinking. I have no intention of messing anything up.

FTR there was no spoiler at all in that deleted post. Moops, probably a good idea for you to delete/edit too.

Curious how many of the TV only crowd avoid everything to do with the show. Any of you read any previews in magazines/online, watch previews or interviews, etc..? I think especially with this show I would avoid everything at all costs if I didn't know what was coming.

Curious how many of the TV only crowd avoid everything to do with the show. Any of you read any previews in magazines/online, watch previews or interviews, etc..? I think especially with this show I would avoid everything at all costs if I didn't know what was coming.
Yeah, I am pretty careful. I know which review and podcasts are safe and stick with them.

yeah i dont read previews in magazines, watch interviews for any show. Why would this show be different?

I don't read any previews although I watch them at the end of each episodes. I do love the EW recaps though.

i only read the ew recap... it's perfect for tv only

I don't read any previews although I watch them at the end of each episodes. I do love the EW recaps though.
I'm of the opinion that if HBO shows a preview at the end of the episode it's fair game for this thread. Anyone disagree?
Vehemently disagree. But if you do, just start your post with "In the preview..." And peeps like me can easily skip past it. :thumbup:
So now you don't want anyone posting guesses about storylines based on previews?

Like they do for every other show thread not based on a book?

I'm of the opinion that if HBO shows a preview at the end of the episode it's fair game for this thread. Anyone disagree?
Vehemently disagree. But if you do, just start your post with "In the preview..." And peeps like me can easily skip past it. :thumbup:
So now you don't want anyone posting guesses about storylines based on previews?Like they do for every other show thread not based on a book?
Most people don't, or at least say from the jump that they're talking about the previews. It's been discussed before in other threads. :shrug:

I hate previews and avoid them like the plague. I will do my best to avoid even a single image from an upcoming episode. HBO completely ruined an episode of True Detective with the single still image they used for that episode on HBOgo. If they can do that with one still shot, you bet your ### I don't want to watch a 30 second preview.

So now you don't want anyone posting guesses about storylines based on previews?Like they do for every other show thread not based on a book?
Most people don't, or at least say from the jump that they're talking about the previews. It's been discussed before in other threads. :shrug: I hate previews and avoid them like the plague. I will do my best to avoid even a single image from an upcoming episode. HBO completely ruined an episode of True Detective with the single still image they used for that episode on HBOgo. If they can do that with one still shot, you bet your ### I don't want to watch a 30 second preview.

F F F F F F F...... :wall: :rant:

I just clicked on the Book thread and read something that will probably come out on tonight's episode.

:sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people don't, or at least say from the jump that they're talking about the previews. It's been discussed before in other threads. :shrug:

I hate previews and avoid them like the plague. I will do my best to avoid even a single image from an upcoming episode. HBO completely ruined an episode of True Detective with the single still image they used for that episode on HBOgo. If they can do that with one still shot, you bet your ### I don't want to watch a 30 second preview.
:shrug: There's lots of talk about previews to me...maybe every show should just go the Mad Men route and make a joke out it. Does a show ever gain anything from a great preview?

A couple of things:

If Tyrion didn't send Varys to bribe Shae to leave, who did?

The Hound and Arya are heading to the Vale and so is Littlefinger. Who gets there first?
Pretty sure it was of his own accord. He seems to want what's "best for the realm," and he's seen how well Tyrion can play the game when he's focused ... and that Tyrion has noble intentions. Varys views Shae as a weakness.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of things:

If Tyrion didn't send Varys to bribe Shae to leave, who did?

The Hound and Arya are heading to the Vale and so is Littlefinger. Who gets there first?
Pretty sure it was of his own accord. He seems to want what's "best for the realm," and he's seen how well Tyrion can play the game when he's focused ... and that Tyrion has noble intentions. Varys views Shae as a weakness.
And by the look of last week, he may be right.

Why would you go in there, Ref?
Because it was the original got thread and I had posted in there. I was on my phone and clicked on it by mistake because it had a star on it and scrolled down to the last post. Thankfully It wasn't some huge event or anything that ruined the whole story for me or anything. If something happens tonight, I'll explain.

Vehemently disagree.But if you do, just start your post with "In the preview..." And peeps like me can easily skip past it. :thumbup:
So now you don't want anyone posting guesses about storylines based on previews?

Like they do for every other show thread not based on a book?
There's been contention/arguments about whether or not previews are fair game in every TV show thread I've ever followed on this forum.

I make it a point to watch previews but at the same time don't mind if people discuss them. "If it's on TV it's fair game" just makes the most sense as an easy way to determine what is ok and what isn't. That said, trying to pass it off as if every other TV thread here has and has always had no problem with preview discussion is disingenuous. The same argument comes up in every single one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread