What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (8 Viewers)

I have watched every episode.   Here are the ones I am not sure if:

Loras Tyrell - guessing gay brother locked up by high sparrow 

Daario Naharis - no clue

Yara Greyjoy - Theon's sister?

Podrick Payne - guy with Briene?

Euron Greyjoy - ???

Ellaria Sand - not sure

Tormund - no idea

Missandei - grey worm's girl?

Olenna Tyrell - Margaery's mom?

ghost - not sure, is this a wolf?

drogon - no idea
:lmao:

I have watched every episode.   Here are the ones I am not sure if:

Loras Tyrell - guessing gay brother locked up by high sparrow Yes

Daario Naharis - no clue Dany's mercenary leader of the Second Sons... the guy with Ser Mormont that watched her walk out of the fire last episode.

Yara Greyjoy - Theon's sister? Yes

Podrick Payne - guy with Briene? Yes

Euron Greyjoy - ??? Thoen's uncle

Ellaria Sand - not sure Oberyn's gf, the one that kissed Mycella Lannister to kill her last season

Tormund - no idea Wildling leader

Missandei - grey worm's girl? Yes

Olenna Tyrell - Margaery's mom? Yes

ghost - not sure, is this a wolf? Yes

drogon - no idea Big dragon that saved Dany last season

She's a Tyrell.  She was married to Renly Baratheon until he was murdered.  She clearly isn't pregnant with his kid since (1) he was gay; (2) they never consummated the marriage; and (3) it's been way longer than a few months since he died.
She's married to Tommen Baratheon, and was seen last season bragging to Cersei of the wild sex she and the young king were having, reportedly multiple times each day.

Big fan of the 'I've seen every episode but know nothing about the show' schtick.  :thumbup:
Listening to Howard Stern this week and felt better when he said the same thing.  He said he couldn't even remember Tyrion's name but only knew him as Peter Dinkelage.  Not schtick.   I watch for entertainment not a GOT nerd

Listening to Howard Stern this week and felt better when he said the same thing.  He said he couldn't even remember Tyrion's name but only knew him as Peter Dinkelage.  Not schtick.   I watch for entertainment not a GOT nerd
Nobody is asking what Jaime's (the good looking knight that used to #### his sister) favorite color is or how many times Jon Snow (Jesus-looking dude at the jumbo snow fort/wall) got stabbed.  

Is it that hard to remember the names of most of the major/mid-level characters? 

And Howard Stern is a butthole.

Good stuff guys, like I said.  I feel like I know most of the major story lines and really look forward to the show wach week.  The names of some characters were just a little unclear.  Chad helped clear those up.  No need to get butthurt over it.

Good stuff guys, like I said.  I feel like I know most of the major story lines and really look forward to the show wach week.  The names of some characters were just a little unclear.  Chad helped clear those up.  No need to get butthurt over it.
No need to get embarrassed/defensive. 

She's married to Tommen Baratheon, and was seen last season bragging to Cersei of the wild sex she and the young king were having, reportedly multiple times each day.
But he's really the ******* of Cersei and Jaime, so a Lannister.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been good with all the names on the show either.  It's not like they go around saying the names of people all the time like "Oh hi Euron Greyjoy, how are you today Euron Greyjoy? Will you be making a claim to the iron throne, Euron Greyjoy?" Now, if you say something like "Theon's uncle" or "Leader of the Wildlings" I'll know exactly who you mean.  

I've never been good with all the names on the show either.  It's not like they go around saying the names of people all the time like "Oh hi Euron Greyjoy, how are you today Euron Greyjoy? Will you be making a claim to the iron throne, Euron Greyjoy?" Now, if you say something like "Theon's uncle" or "Leader of the Wildlings" I'll know exactly who you mean.  
If you don't know the exact spelling and pronunciation of all 625 characters names, you have no clue what is happening!  Enjoy your candy crush!

I know it was in spoilers but when did we decide Yara Grayjoy isn't hot?  I mean she's not a classic beauty but looks like she could give a mean tug job at the very least

There's a difference between not knowing them offhand and not even recognizing them.  I couldn't have named Theon's sister offhand but if I saw "Yara Greyjoy" on a list I would know it was her.  

Obviously Euron is an outlier as even the people watching religiously needed context to get that one.  Daario is a pretty big one not to know.  He's had a lot of screen time lately and they've used his name quite a bit.

Referencing someone to his defense who didn't even know Tyrion's name didn't exactly help.

Last edited by a moderator:
But he's really the ******* of Cersei and Jaime, so a Lannister.
If Margeary is pregnant with a son, he's the heir. The Tyrells have two seats on the small council and the largest (or second largest, according to Jamie) army in Westeros. If Olenna wants her great grandson to be the king, he'll be the king.

If Margeary is pregnant with a son, he's the heir. The Tyrells have two seats on the small council and the largest (or second largest, according to Jamie) army in Westeros. If Olenna wants her great grandson to be the king, he'll be the king.
And the guys with the biggest Army are actually secretively broke.

Dan Lambskin said:
I know it was in spoilers but when did we decide Yara Grayjoy isn't hot?  I mean she's not a classic beauty but looks like she could give a mean tug job at the very least
Grooming issues will be intense

Dan Lambskin said:
Gemma Whelan is the actress. There basically is no attractive pictures of her. None.

CletiusMaximus said:
Methinks that they aren't going to have the second biggest army once the High Sparrow and his Sparrow Boyz get done with them.  Cersei playing chess while the rest of these clowns are playing checkers. 

Users who are viewing this thread