What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (9 Viewers)

I don't get it. Aren't these things supposed to be fierce?  It seems like they go down pretty easy.
There were about 50 dead people hacking him. What is dead may never die. 

I really wish they knew when to cut bait and fight another day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to back really good episodes.  Just nothing close to this on TV.   Or anywhere for that matter.

Oh, and fake Sansa >>>>> Regular Sansa >>>>>> Past Seasons Sansa

There were about 50 dead people hacking. What is dead may never die. 

I really wish they knew when to cut bait and fight another day. 
Agreed.  Just seems like they made a big deal out of the Dire Wolves when they were first found only to turn around and kill them off so easily.

Do they get killed off like this in the books?

Can't believe they are dumb enough to walk into a Littlefinger trap.  Yep, wouldn't want to verify that the Blackfish is really alive or anything....

I don't understand, holding the door for an extra 30 seconds does what exactly? Now they can escape?
Yeah, didn't quite get this either.

The ending was dramatic but a lot of what happened tonight didn't make much sense at all.

The death of Bran's Direwolf really seemed like a throwaway.

The Kingsmoot felt very familiar. 

"We're going to make the Iron Islands great again."

"But I've been here like forever. I deserve it. Wah!"

So ridiculously bad imo.  I hated most of that episode.  Holy crap.
Like a lot of the other episodes this season, I really liked some stuff, but mostly felt meh.  For me a lot of it is the sequence of the scenes.  They seem to start on stuff that I love and am interested in, and then peter out to stuff that I just find bad.  Don't get the love for the ending.  Some of the stuff in the cave looked like Jason and the Argonauts, and what we find out Hodor means is just silly. 

Love the stuff with Sansa and Littlefinger (even though I can't believe she is still stupid enough to listen to him).  Of course the look Tormund gives to Brianne again was :moneybag: And I really liked the exchange between Red Witch 2 and Varys, but other than that nothing really stands out to me.

I am sure that I have my geography wrong, but it seems like the White Walker army is getting farther and farther from the wall.  I guess I assumed Bran and Co were pretty far north.  Seems like the undead army went from close to the wall a few seasons ago when they encountered Same,to Hardhome last season, to further north this season. 

Define "a lot of #### happening". 
Euron greyjoy planning to murder Theon and yara and then joining forces with dany. A red priestess advising dany similar to on with jon snow. Can't say that's a coincidence. We found out how the white walkers were created and why hodor says hodor. And the whole stark storyline moving rapidly forward.

Euron greyjoy planning to murder Theon and yara and then joining forces with dany. A red priestess advising dany similar to on with jon snow. Can't say that's a coincidence. We found out how the white walkers were created and why hodor says hodor. And the whole stark storyline moving rapidly forward.
The creation of the white walkers was HUGE, both the scene and the explanation.

And don't forget, we saw Arya grow up in front of our eyes!  She is gonna b stone cold.  My favorite character.

Whenever the white walkers attack in force like that, I always think of Army of Darkness. (Except that the king reminds me of the guy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.) 

Hold the door!
I think they missed the chance to burn the tree/cave while Hodor was Hodoring. Would have made the sacrifice meaningful. As it is now, Bran/Meera have a seemingly meaningless head start. I kept expecting flames. But I am not getting the hate for the episode. 

The creation of the white walkers was HUGE, both the scene and the explanation.

And don't forget, we saw Arya grow up in front of our eyes!  She is gonna b stone cold.  My favorite character.
Not sure in what aspect she'll be stone cold - definitely not as an assassin. This episode more or less advanced the idea that she's never going to be "no one".  

ETA: sick of watching her stick fighting too. her story is getting tired.

He touched you so now he can come here.  WTF was that nonsense?  Making the White Walker with the chest splinter seemed Meh and very anticlimactic to me.  Arya, which are my favorite book chapters continued to be suxor.  "I order you to find a cure" was possibly the worst writing in the history of the show.  Big OOF for me tonight.

And what was that Bridge of Volantis talk from the new red girl, aka Jude Law's sniper girlfriend, aka ugly Katarina Witt, and aka Evonora, to Tyrion all about?

I love being able to enjoy things. So good 
I thought last week's episode was the beat in a while.  I love everything usually, but tonight was like expecting Sextury 21 and getting Skinamax.

He touched you so now he can come here.  WTF was that nonsense?  Making the White Walker and chest splinter seemed Meh and very anticlimactic to me.  Arya, which are my favorite book chapters continued to be suxor.  "I order you to find a cure" was possibly the sort writing in the history of the show.  Big OOF for me tonight.

And what was that Bridge of Volantis talk from the new red girl, aka Jude Law's sniper girlfriend, aka ugly Katarina Witt, and aka Evonora, to Tyrion all about?
Watdafook

The head priestess was saying Tyrion had already heard the Red Priests preaching about Daenerys. It was when Tyrion and Varys were wandering the city of Volantis and stopped to listen to a red priest that was talking to the people. The place they were at was called the Long Bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread