What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (8 Viewers)

There's a difference between attacking someone right in front of you versus heading off into the wilderness looking for targets you can't see. It doesn't seem like the undead do the latter without direction. 
But, but.... Bran has that handprint thingy on his wrist so they will be sent after him. 

ETA: sorry - not realizing the use of White Walkers in the post I was originally replying to. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They're controlled by the white walkers though.
Right.  White Walkers commanded them to kill everything they see so they chased Bran & co. down the corridor.  .  White Walkers were back in the main chamber so provided Bran gets out of site, the WWs will do wander around a bit aimlessly in the immediate area but not venture too far or have much ability to find them other than dumb luck.

You don't think that Dany taking over the Dothraki and the Kind of the Iron islands planning to bring her a fleet aren't moving along her plotline?

King's Landing will likely be culminating next week or two.  They need an entire episode for that likely.

They need to take the Arya stuff a bit slower because she needs to be a changed person by the time she is reintroduced to the main threads.   The only other option would be to just now show her for a season.
No I don't.  She has had an army behind her and a fleet before.  This isn't moving forward, it is rehashing previous storylines. 

But, but.... Bran has that handprint thingy on his wrist so they will be sent after him. 
maybe- it's unclear what the significance of that was. Is it a tracker, or just a "key" that allowed the white walkers to break through the protective barrier around the tree?  If the former, it's going to be tough to explain how Bran gets away. If it's the latter, would Bran crossing through the Wall again also compromise any magical protections the Wall may have?

maybe- it's unclear what the significance of that was. Is it a tracker, or just a "key" that allowed the white walkers to break through the protective barrier around the tree?  If the former, it's going to be tough to explain how Bran gets away. If it's the latter, would Bran crossing through the Wall again also compromise any magical protections the Wall may have?
Believe it was just a key.  They already knew where the old guy was.  Just couldn't penetrate the magic of the place.

Thanks. I know about dragon glass and valyrian steel (I'm not noonan-watching), I just completely forgot that Sam gave Bran's folks some, I thought most of that got left behind when the wildings/Snow's crew got attacked. I think they lost almost all of it.
Between this thread and the Survivor thread, I'm starting to think you are running an Etsy knitting business out of your house while you have the tube on in the background.  

This is a theory I saw on Reddit which makes sense to me - namely that Bran crosses the Wall, allowing the White Walkers to follow him over/through. And then we have our war.

He touched you so now he can come here.  WTF was that nonsense?  Making the White Walker with the chest splinter seemed Meh and very anticlimactic to me.  Arya, which are my favorite book chapters continued to be suxor.  "I order you to find a cure" was possibly the worst writing in the history of the show.  Big OOF for me tonight.

And what was that Bridge of Volantis talk from the new red girl, aka Jude Law's sniper girlfriend, aka ugly Katarina Witt, and aka Evonora, to Tyrion all about?
absolutely awful

Posted elsewhere...makes the people in here look like geniuses. 

Okay. I love this show but I'm not CRAZY into it so sometimes I miss some things with all 100 characters and the 20 different plots going on at once ... and I need some help ...

I swear that the Boltons had captured Bran and his crew ... did they escape? How do I not remember this happening? And who are these alien/goblin creatures protecting them? When did they come into the picture?

KarmaPolice said:
No I don't.  She has had an army behind her and a fleet before.  This isn't moving forward, it is rehashing previous storylines. 
She had a few thousand Unsullied and a mercenary company. Along with a bunch of untrained slaves. Piss poor army. Now she has ALL of the Dothraki.

She had a few thousand Unsullied and a mercenary company. Along with a bunch of untrained slaves. Piss poor army. Now she has ALL of the Dothraki.
Not all the Dothraki - she managed to burn up their best warriors and leaders.  ;)    Also, how many of those Dothraki are actually fighters and how many are old widows, women, and children in that hoarde?  My point was that her overall story hasn't gone anywhere in seasons.  Maybe she has more behind her now, and had progressed from having zip at the start of the season but she is still in the middle of god knows where, doesn't currently have any ships (we assume they are on their way soon), and doesn't have her dragons (again, I assume they will show up out of nowhere soon enough).  When she gets all that stuff, she will be only slightly ahead of the point she was at a few seasons ago. 

Not all the Dothraki - she managed to burn up their best warriors and leaders.  ;)    Also, how many of those Dothraki are actually fighters and how many are old widows, women, and children in that hoarde?  My point was that her overall story hasn't gone anywhere in seasons.  Maybe she has more behind her now, and had progressed from having zip at the start of the season but she is still in the middle of god knows where, doesn't currently have any ships (we assume they are on their way soon), and doesn't have her dragons (again, I assume they will show up out of nowhere soon enough).  When she gets all that stuff, she will be only slightly ahead of the point she was at a few seasons ago. 
Its a horrible point you keep saying over and over.

Piss poor army?  Weren't the Unsullied set up to be some of the best warriors in the world?   Just looked it up and supposedly 3000 Unsullied took care of a 20K Dothraki army.  Evidently Dany got 8000 Unsullied + a bunch in training a few seasons ago. 

Piss poor army?  Weren't the Unsullied set up to be some of the best warriors in the world?   Just looked it up and supposedly 3000 Unsullied took care of a 20K Dothraki army.  Evidently Dany got 8000 Unsullied + a bunch in training a few seasons ago. 
They were among the best, but then the Sons of the Harpy and some hookers pretty much decimated them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another great episode. Really enjoying this season. 

I was hoping Arya seeing how badly the play was misrepresenting her family's history at King's Landing would lead to step away from becoming a faceless assassin but for the time being she seems hell bent on going that route. I'm still hoping she abandons it since I personally want to see all of the remaining Stark kids end up together.

The Sansa-Little Finger exchange was really well done. Sophie Turner is doing some damn good work this season. 

The Bran-Hodor stuff at the end was amazing, tragic, sad and thrilling all at the same time. Bran seems destined for a truly spectacular role when it's all said and done. The Night King now has eyes for Bran and Jon. Perhaps their joined power will be needed in some fashion to defeat him.

Jorah, who pushed for the Unsullied, was of the opinion that with basically the Unsullied and Second Sons they could potentially take King's Landing but that was about it. (he didn't seem convinced that it would be enough to take King's Landing either).

Seems to me to be about a numbers game. Seal Team 6 is pretty badass but they can't take and hold Fullujah (again) by themselves let along all of the territory held by Daesh. (to give a real world current example)

Jorah, who pushed for the Unsullied, was of the opinion that with basically the Unsullied and Second Sons they could potentially take King's Landing but that was about it. (he didn't seem convinced that it would be enough to take King's Landing either).

Seems to me to be about a numbers game. Seal Team 6 is pretty badass but they can't take and hold Fullujah (again) by themselves let along all of the territory held by Daesh. (to give a real world current example)
If Jon takes back the North it would seem inevitable that he and Dany (assuming she ever leaves Meereen) join forces to take King's Landing. Their combined armies would be more than enough. But of course you still have the new King of the Greyjoys and whatever is happening in Dorne to worry about at some point too. 

They were among the best, but then the Sons of the Harpy and some hookers pretty much decimated them.
They are constructed to be a disciplined army that is highly effective in the field in a phalanx formation.  Nation-building (or in this case, Mereen-building) is not their area of strength.  

The Sansa-Little Finger exchange was really well done. Sophie Turner is doing some damn good work this season. 
The character has evolved and grown.

Sophie has also grown up. I am not usually much for red heads but she has grown into a beautiful woman. She has really grown as an actress as well.

If Jon takes back the North it would seem inevitable that he and Dany (assuming she ever leaves Meereen) join forces to take King's Landing. Their combined armies would be more than enough. But of course you still have the new King of the Greyjoys and whatever is happening in Dorne to worry about at some point too. 
There would be no reason for Jon and Dany to team up unless Jon finds out that he is Rhaegar's son. Even then that could actually present threat more than alliance. Who is the legitimate heir?

That said, my guess is that Jon has no interest in the throne. Offers Dany the alliance but with it more about defeating the White Walkers. Sansa (perhaps Bran or Rickon) take ownership of the North as the Warden of the North in a unified 7 Kingdoms under Dany. Not sure what Job does after. He would be Stark by blood but not name and a Targaryen without a throne.

Glad we got confirmation that Blackfish is alive and well. (assuming we can believe Baelish.... however, I am thinking he was not about to lie to Sansa in that moment)

Users who are viewing this thread