What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (12 Viewers)

Major said:
Seth Meyers just had Emilia Clarke on.  Still cute but definitely looking a little plump, bordering on  :porked:
No kidding.  For a second I thought I was looking at Audrey Griswold, European Vacation edition.

Bran did not deliver the message - Bran warged into Hodor in both the present and the past. 

At that moment Wyllis' brain became fried - simultaneously being in the future and the present, leaving him with "Hodor"
No.  Bran realized that he wouldn't be able to Warg out of Hodor and escape because Hodor would no longer hold the door closed.   He imprinted Hodor with that singular purpose in the past to enable his own escape.

No.  Bran realized that he wouldn't be able to Warg out of Hodor and escape because Hodor would no longer hold the door closed.   He imprinted Hodor with that singular purpose in the past to enable his own escape.
Looked more like Bran freaked out, didn't know his own strength, and completely by accident panic-melted Hodor's mind.

I haven't read through the thread in a few weeks, so just looking to see if there's been discussion about what Arya's plot arc is leading to... IMO, she likely will wash out of the I'm nobody path- and then what? assassin? does she take out ramsey? does she get to keep the face-changing skills if she's not part of the group?
It's the one storyline I can't figure out what the end game is either. Everyone else seems to have a destination of some point to head toward. But I'm not sure what Arya's is. A faceless assassin? That's it? Seems kinda dull for a character who's had so much potential. 

Come on.  There were some cool moments for sure - mainly Sansa and Jon meeting up.  I didn't think that would happen so soon, and that was fantastic.  Like somebody else said, I am just done with Ramsey.  To me he is just one note and uninteresting at this point.  And I get that we are supposed to be distracted by Dany's boobies, but she is still doing the same #### she was doing at the end of season one - comes out of a burning building and has Dothraki following her.  'cept now she doesn't have dragons and she is still no closer to having ships.  :yawn:

There is still a lot of praise for the show every week, so maybe I am in the minority.  I still dig it, but am getting pretty tired of a few story lines.  Do you guys think that it has dipped a bit, but still better than most shows?  Or do you think that it has maintained it's greatness from what I would consider it's peak of Seasons 3 and 4?
Dipped? :loco:

These last two episodes were two of the best episodes of any show on TV pretty much ever.

it would be sweet if they brought in a godzilla angle i know you guys probably dont thinks so but i am on a big godzilla kick right now so this is where the old swcer is at that you can taketh to thy banketh brothrans

Terrible example,  if GOT actually spoke the names as often as sports announcers then fine.  Maybe you brought up a good point, every time Ramsay kills someone they should put a subtitle that says his name and how many people he has offed.  
Ramsey Bolton  - House Bolton

(Bolton crest logo here)

Season 6 kills: 4

Season 6 captives lost: 2

Favorite Band: Matchbox 20

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview looks to focus on the worst storylines going.  
A theory about next episode, but I put it in spoilers so people don't get to antsy about it.  Purely show related.

Except we're going to get to see Benjen this episode, that's gonna be badass.  Who else is going to save Meera and Bran?

The preview shows them being attacked by wights, and you can see Meera is watching someone.  On this season 6 trailer it shows a snowy scene where a guy with a flaming flail is owning some wights from horseback.  This has to be Benjen.  And why else continue to talk about a character only shown in season 1, and brought up a few times throughout.  

A theory about next episode, but I put it in spoilers so people don't get to antsy about it.  Purely show related.

Except we're going to get to see Benjen this episode, that's gonna be badass.  Who else is going to save Meera and Bran?

The preview shows them being attacked by wights, and you can see Meera is watching someone.  On this season 6 trailer it shows a snowy scene where a guy with a flaming flail is owning some wights from horseback.  This has to be Benjen.  And why else continue to talk about a character only shown in season 1, and brought up a few times throughout.  
I know it is shocking but I have no idea who that is

could be Kylo Ren

it would be sweet if they brought in a godzilla angle i know you guys probably dont thinks so but i am on a big godzilla kick right now so this is where the old swcer is at that you can taketh to thy banketh brothrans
so some kind of giant lizard creature that breaths fire or something?

don't think that's going to happen, guy.

I know it is shocking but I have no idea who that is
This one is more understandable.  He's been seen onscreen twice(?) back in season 1?  Once before Jon goes to the wall, and once while he's there as he leaves to go up north.  They do bring him up a few times throughout the next few seasons but mostly just mentioning him briefly then move on.  He's been on a few of the "Last time, on GoT" stuff though.

So does Hodor hold the door because his brain got fried and he just froze, because people follow whatever instruction when they are Warged into by Bran or because he's just a loyal SOB? 

So does Hodor hold the door because his brain got fried and he just froze, because people follow whatever instruction when they are Warged into by Bran or because he's just a loyal SOB? 
Because he loves Bran and will do anything to protect him

You dip####s ever stop and think she might be adding weight for a part? Everyone makes tummy pancakes when Stallone gets fat, or DeNiro gets fat, but "OOOHHH, THE KHALEESI GAINED 15 LBS., 2/10, WOULD NOT BANG!"

What if she's playing a lead as an impoverished Appalachian woman who becomes an FBI Informant? OH HEY SHE IS.
She's a solid 6.5.  Would still prolly bang but would be a little embarrassed to be seen with her in public.  

7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally. 

6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor ones

At this I won't be surprised if a phone booth drops out of the sky and bran and old dude don't hop out and tell current Bran and old dude what's up

Because he loves Bran and will do anything to protect him
this.  it just so happens that it was also his destiny.  As soon as Hodor had the meltdown as a kid, it was always the case that he was going to hold that door.  or at least live right up to the moment where where the command was shouted to him.  We know this because if he had died say, in the tower, Bran would not have warged into him and he probably would have been speaking with a delightful english accent.

time in not linear in the GOT world.

this.  it just so happens that it was also his destiny.  As soon as Hodor had the meltdown as a kid, it was always the case that he was going to hold that door.  or at least live right up to the moment where where the command was shouted to him.  We know this because if he had died say, in the tower, Bran would not have warged into him and he probably would have been speaking with a delightful english accent.

time in not linear in the GOT world.
......and this is why they shouldn't bother with BS like this. 

You dip####s ever stop and think she might be adding weight for a part? Everyone makes tummy pancakes when Stallone gets fat, or DeNiro gets fat, but "OOOHHH, THE KHALEESI GAINED 15 LBS., 2/10, WOULD NOT BANG!"

What if she's playing a lead as an impoverished Appalachian woman who becomes an FBI Informant? OH HEY SHE IS.
If she were impoverished immersed in the role shouldn't she be emaciated? Maybe her character relies on the dollar menu at Burger King.

Users who are viewing this thread