What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

What's the point of hacking HBO for a script for a show that will on TV in a few days?  I mean I get criminal hacking like getting bank records and whatnot.  That leads to money and power.

What does having the episode 4 script get you?  :shrug:
They stole a lot more than one script. They stole 1.5 terabytes of data including employee records and emails.

I think LF is probably the only miscast person on the show.  Don't like him as LF, didnt like him as Carcetti.  
For me, it's the accent. It's terrible and sounds so forced.  

The only possible way of redemption would be a beheading by the hands of Jon. 

So what's this about Bran being the only one who really knows that Jon Jon Snow is a Targarian and the rightful heir to the throne over Dany?

If that came out, how could he even prove it?

So what's this about Bran being the only one who really knows that Jon Jon Snow is a Targarian and the rightful heir to the throne over Dany?

If he starts telling disbelievers all about #### they have done that he shouldn't know about, they will start believing :shrug:

Kind of interested to see who ends up bedding Brienne.  I think there are four primary choices:

1. Jaime - who she didn't deny she loved when asked by Cersei

2. Podrick - You work with someone long enough and they start to look good

3. Tormund - He of the ravenous gaze

4. Gang raped by some soldiers

Kind of interested to see who ends up bedding Brienne.  I think there are four primary choices:

Well Jaime has already seen her naked.

This. They wouldn't have him transcribing old scrolls for nothing. Can't think of what else it would be....Maybe stories of the prince that was promised? 
How about that Dany and Jon have to get it on and they magically create the prince that was promised?  I guess that wouldn't help out the situation now though - isn't the prince supposed to save the realm from the walkers or something?

There's a longstanding well-known theory that one central overriding theme of the whole story is what Varys represents v what Baelish represents. There was a scene I think season 1 or 2 where the two of them were talking, alone somewhere in KL. The book geeks loved it because it was a scene that could never happen in the books in that neither character has been a POV. Lots of foreshadowing in that, according to some. 
The "chaos is a ladder" scene is fantastic.  One of my favorites. 

we haven't seen him in the show (at least not a current version), but Howland Reed would also know about this

Last edited by a moderator:
Slapdash said:
Still a great question IMO
:shrug:

Aren't they still looking for a way to get through/over/around the wall? I suppose they could show the horde walking and trying to find a way more often, but that doesn't make very interesting television.

There's no place for him with Cersei.  He has no army to bring her.  He has no true influence over the Lords of the Vale once they start to disagree with his direction.  And aligning with Cersei would definitely bring that.  Plus he would lose the one trump card he has in Robyn the second it gets out that he screwed over Sansa. 

There's a little greater chance they'd be willing to back Dany with word of Dragons, but HR wouldn't even let him get an interview. Zero chance Varys and Tyrion let LF anywhere near her.
Varys will be involved in the little finger death scene imo

KarmaPolice said:
How about that Dany and Jon have to get it on and they magically create the prince that was promised?  I guess that wouldn't help out the situation now though - isn't the prince supposed to save the realm from the walkers or something?
Unless the Prince is an offering like Kraster's baby boys.

I could see Brienne making Littlefinger deepthroat Oathkeeper.

I could also easily see Jamie repeating history and running his sword through Cersei as she further devolves into the Mad Queen and is willing to destroy all of Kings Landing to defeat her enemies while under siege. The Kingslayer becomes the Queenslayer.

kentric said:

It has to be Tormund. Maybe he takes her to a Wyndham resort afterwards,

:shrug:

Aren't they still looking for a way to get through/over/around the wall? I suppose they could show the horde walking and trying to find a way more often, but that doesn't make very interesting television.
Yeah, seems pretty obvious they were waiting for the longest winter in a thousand years to come. But that didn't mean they couldn't wipe out wildings and crows that came into their domain to help build up their army in the meantime. We know they are now on the move, so they are finally ready to kick some ### and make their play.

Yeah, seems pretty obvious they were waiting for the longest winter in a thousand years to come. But that didn't mean they couldn't wipe out wildings and crows that came into their domain to help build up their army in the meantime. We know they are now on the move, so they are finally ready to kick some ### and make their play.
Why do you think they haven't been killing wildlings and crows?  We know the Wildlings were heading south to get away from them and we saw Crastor's wives having kids that were turned into WWs. 

When the ice age arrives, just how far south will it reach?  It's not as if the entire earth froze over during ours... will the Great Winter extend to all realms?

When the ice age arrives, just how far south will it reach?  It's not as if the entire earth froze over during ours... will the Great Winter extend to all realms?
I seem to recall a preview of Cersei on the Iron Throne and you could see her breath, but that may not be an actual scene from the show. 

I'm guessing it can't freeze the whole planet for that long. Everyone would starve to death. 

Wildings have been living beyond the wall for a long time, no? My guess is, that weather just travels down. Not sure how far. I dont think it gets colder than that though.

Re: Littlefinger, it doesn't appear that Sansa seems to know anything about Lord Baelish's betrayal of Ned in the throne room (knife to the throat), but does Arya know? Was he on her list? 

We know the Wildlings were heading south to get away from them and we saw Crastor's wives having kids that were turned into WWs. 
Book mumbo jumbo:

I read a theory years ago about Craster being descended from the WWs.  Or the Night's King, perhaps. Mostly tied to his sacrificing his kids to the Others.  Why would they come all the way to Craster's place to collect his kids  when they seemingly could have just plucked them from more Northern wildlings?  What was so special about his kids?  And might it relate to his incestuous relationships, similar to the Valyrians inbreeding to maintain pure blood? 

Also interesting the descriptions of him from Ygritte.  Also of note that Dywen said Craster had a cold smell, which was consistent with how he described the smell prior to the Wight attack at the Fist of First Men.

"Craster's more your kind than ours. His father was a crow who stole a woman out of Whitetree village, but after he had her he flew back t' his Wall. She went t' Castle Black once t' show the crow his son, but the brothers blew their horns and run her off. Craster's blood is black, and he bears a heavy curse."

Keeping in mind that the Night's King as written isn't exactly what we're seeing on the TV...

Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the north. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed.  After his fall, when it was discovered that Night's King had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten.

Could be that Gilly's kid has some role to play when his cousins come calling?

Got to figure that the North isn't always frozen as the wildings have to had grown crops to eat.  

Book mumbo jumbo:

I read a theory years ago about Craster being descended from the WWs.  Or the Night's King, perhaps. Mostly tied to his sacrificing his kids to the Others.  Why would they come all the way to Craster's place to collect his kids  when they seemingly could have just plucked them from more Northern wildlings?  What was so special about his kids?  And might it relate to his incestuous relationships, similar to the Valyrians inbreeding to maintain pure blood? 

Also interesting the descriptions of him from Ygritte.  Also of note that Dywen said Craster had a cold smell, which was consistent with how he described the smell prior to the Wight attack at the Fist of First Men.

Keeping in mind that the Night's King as written isn't exactly what we're seeing on the TV...

Could be that Gilly's kid has some role to play when his cousins come calling?
That's a lot of good stuff - the last line, while cool, would need to be brought up here sooner than later or it'll feel like it's completely out of left field. 

That's a lot of good stuff - the last line, while cool, would need to be brought up here sooner than later or it'll feel like it's completely out of left field. 

Sam would have to sacrifice "his" son to defeat the NK somehow? that would be a real twist.

I think it's unlikely, especially in the series.  Could get more attention in other forms of media.  Interesting backstories with some potential intersections, though.

Probably been mentioned, but I forget about Jon's Targ blood and just thought of this -- Dany's choice could be made (between Cersei/throne and going north)  if one of the dragons show a positive response towards Jon.  Maybe she threatens him and the dragon doesn't do anything? Not sure how that works since there was so much inbreeding with the Targs though - if he is only 1/2 Targ, is that enough for one of them to cozy up to him?

In the second episode she was on her way to KL when she ran into Hot Pie. After doing her impression of the Hound, she found out that the Bolton's are dead and Jon Snow is king of the north. She turned around and headed north. She's likely still on the road. Covering 200 miles on horseback might take a few days. Too bad the many faced god doesn't have that teleporter that Varys and Jorah used. 
I think when Arya met up with Nymeria she realized she changed too much as well and couldnt go home. I think she is in king's landing. 

Probably been mentioned, but I forget about Jon's Targ blood and just thought of this -- Dany's choice could be made (between Cersei/throne and going north)  if one of the dragons show a positive response towards Jon.  Maybe she threatens him and the dragon doesn't do anything? Not sure how that works since there was so much inbreeding with the Targs though - if he is only 1/2 Targ, is that enough for one of them to cozy up to him?
IIRC, the Targaryens didn't ALWAYS take a relative to be their wife.  I think either the Mad King or his father took a non Targ as a wife. 

Users who are viewing this thread