What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (11 Viewers)

Loved the Arya/Brienne scene. Arya is truly a badass in her own right. Not only can she change identities, but she can fight with best of them. Bran knew what he was doing when he gave her that dagger. 

Sansa was clearly jealous as hell and Littlefinger seemed to be thinking - hmmm...., I gotta watch out for this one. 
I don't know if Sansa was jealous as much as she didn't recognize her little sister. She was watching someone she didn't know do things she couldn't believe she was seeing. Sansa's already lost Bran; she may be feeling that she's lost Arya too. 

Holy #### this was a great episode. So much happening and capped by an incredible battle sequence. This show is just too damn good for TV.

Loved how Jon gets Dany to see his point of view but she's still demanding his servitude. Davos having the  :wub:  for Missandei is outstanding. Guy has great taste.

Bran calling out Little Finger's past chaos comment and Arya showing just how damn good she's gotten at fighting. Both terrific. Arya telling Brienne "no one" trained her was a great line.

What a battle sequence. Dany finally becoming a dragon despite Jon telling her not to. Tyrion watching members of his family die and possibly his brother as well. So many incredible moments in this episode.

Damn this season is off the charts.  
Jon told her not to burn a city..... nor to burn innocents.  Armies on the field away from a city and anyone innocent is fair game.

Insane. Obviously some silly Hollywood stuff with Bronn and Jamie presumably surviving that (Clearly Jamie will live) but just incredibly intense.

So weird watching that, as you don't really know who to root for. No chance Dany's #1 dragon goes down the first time out but you obviously can't root for Bronn to die.

Gotta think Littlefinger bites it before the end of the season. I don't see any way around it. 

Arya/Brienne scene was awesome.
As viewers we were put in Tyrion's shoes. Great touch. 

Holy #### this was a great episode. So much happening and capped by an incredible battle sequence. This show is just too damn good for TV.

Loved how Jon gets Dany to see his point of view but she's still demanding his servitude. Davos having the  :wub:  for Missandei is outstanding. Guy has outstanding taste.

Bran calling out Little Finger's past chaos comment and Arya showing just how damn good she's gotten at fighting. Both terrific. Arya telling Brienne "no one" trained her was a great line.

What a battle sequence. Dany finally becoming a dragon despite Jon telling her not to. Tyrion watching members of his family die and possibly his brother as well. So many incredible moments in this episode.

Damn this season is off the charts.  
In fairness, Jon didn't tell her to not go dragon, he told her she shouldn't burn down cities and kill innocents. So I think what she did was good to go - attack the army.

Oh, and how ####### deep is the water - right by the beach?

completely unrealistic. 
Deep.

Yeah. Had the same thought. Didn't care. The rest was pretty great.

Some other "huh" thoughts...

. Children of the corn we're pretty primitive artists until their spot on white walker draiwngs. 

. Hey dragon... how about blowing a couple more holes through the pikemen lines to save some dothraki lives.

. Don't need the Dany misendey giggle moment about getting laid

Don't care. Loved it.

Jon told her not to burn a city..... nor to burn innocents.  Armies on the field away from a city and anyone innocent is fair game.

This. Dany clearly doesn't want to use the Dragons and Dothraki to take a city (since its inevitable that many innocent people will die). But the Lannister army in an open field? Might as well be a buffet.

Deep.

Yeah. Had the same thought. Didn't care. The rest was pretty great.

Some other "huh" thoughts...

. Children of the corn we're pretty primitive artists until their spot on white walker draiwngs. 

. Hey dragon... how about blowing a couple more holes through the pikemen lines to save some dothraki lives.

. Don't need the Dany misendey giggle moment about getting laid

Don't care. Loved it.
So deeeep and they were both totally KO'd? The last 3 seconds were the only part I didn't love. I like Jamie a lot, but that dragon should have melted him

I don't know if Sansa was jealous as much as she didn't recognize her little sister. She was watching someone she didn't know do things she couldn't believe she was seeing. Sansa's already lost Bran; she may be feeling that she's lost Arya too. 
I dunno. She made sure Arya was to call her "Lady Stark". And seemed pleased to be able to answer yes when Arya asked if Jon left her in charge. Then to see her little sister be the badass she could never be? She walked away upset, not confused. I think it was jealousy. 

I dunno. She made sure Arya was to call her "Lady Stark". And seemed pleased to be able to answer yes when Arya asked if Jon left her in charge. Then to see her little sister be the badass she could never be? She walked away upset, not confused. I think it was jealousy. 
Could be but I also sensed loss. With Bran going Full Raven Arya was a chance to get more of her  family back. But now she looks at someone completely different, someone she doesn't even recognize. It's more loss. 

That's Bronn at the end.  That horse looks exactly like the horse that the Dothraki rode who chopped Bronn's horses leg off (and then subsequently got impaled by the scorpion). 

Too bad Dany wasn't a little earlier to intercept the gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get jealousy. Not that Sansa wanted what Arya had, but a realization that Arya had what Arya always wanted to have. 
The most realistic part of this show is that while war is decimating the population, their brother has literally become omniscient, and the world may literally be ending, two girls who are supposed to be friends start fighting for no reason and a third one gets her feelings hurt. 

Anyone remember the people still alive on Aryas list. I hope Sansa is one of them. At least, I think Sansa thinks she is one of them. 

The criticisms of this episode are worth criticisms themselves. 
You GOT fanboys would love anything they put out there now, admit it.

We could find out next week that Arya turned into the dragon Dany was riding and the reaction would be "Ooohhh, great twist...Arya is such a bad ###...i hope she lives".

This show is so great balancing spectacle with little moments. The call back to Stannis when Davos corrected Jon from less to fewer was great.
There have been a touch of little moments so far this season that have been wonderful in terms of calling back to past episodes. 

Anyone remember the people still alive on Aryas list. I hope Sansa is one of them. At least, I think Sansa thinks she is one of them. 
Sorry but not Sansa.

Joffrey: DEAD
Cersei: Alive
Walder Frey: DEAD
Meryn Trant: DEAD
Tywin: DEAD
Red Woman: Alive
Beric Dondarrion: Alive
Thoros: Alive
Ilyn Payne: Alive
The Mountain: Alive (sort of)
The Hound: Alive

Sorry but not Sansa.

Joffrey: DEAD
Cersei: Alive
Walder Frey: DEAD
Meryn Trant: DEAD
Tywin: DEAD
Red Woman: Alive
Beric Dondarrion: Alive
Thoros: Alive
Ilyn Payne: Alive
The Mountain: Alive (sort of)
The Hound: Alive
When Arya met her the Red Woman not only predicted Arya's future as a killer but said they would meet again. I think we can expect that to happen. 

You GOT fanboys would love anything they put out there now, admit it.

We could find out next week that Arya turned into the dragon Dany was riding and the reaction would be "Ooohhh, great twist...Arya is such a bad ###...i hope she lives".
Why are you here if you're not a "fanboy?"

I mean after all, you are in a thread on the internet talking about a TV show on a Sunday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread