What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

woah, i can't believe this thread. no complaints yet? I feel like it is missing so i'll throw one out there:

What is up with Brienne swinging her big ### Valerian steel full force while sparring with Arya. I don't think she can slow her swing that much and Arya had no armor!!

it's funny because obvioulsy this episode and show are the best of the best, but honestly watching that scene this was what i thought half the time
You missed the comments on the last minute life savers, 1000 foot deep lake, cave paintings, awkward Davos/Missendei/Jon conversation, and Dany only taking one perpendicular swipe of the spears with the dragon letting a ton of Dothraki needlessly die...

That would be a gut punch for sure.  He was really leering at her, but of course he does that to everybody. 
I know, and maybe I'm reading too much into this.  But I think the fight scene with Brienne showed that she's getting cocky.  She was very cocky to the guards at the gate, then again when talking to her sister about how she needed better guards.  I don't think LF would kill her in combat, but maybe poison or something when she already has her guard down a little (at home now) and is very cocky right now.

You missed the comments on the last minute life savers, 1000 foot deep lake, cave paintings, awkward Davos/Missendei/Jon conversation, and Dany only taking one perpendicular swipe of the spears with the dragon letting a ton of Dothraki needlessly die...
1.  I did hate the last minute life savers.  Twice too.  

2.  Plenty of lakes that go from shore to super deep immediately.  This is a dumb criticism.

3.  Had now issue with the conversation.  Ntipicking.

4.  I don't know what you're talking about.

Really?  I think it's fantastic.  Do you have any examples that were better?  I watch a lot of dragon movies because I am a dork and I can't think of any.
Neverending Story or Reign of Fire. 

I am the last person to ask about CGI since I am old and most of it looks junky.  I think some looked alright, mostly when they are in the distance torching soldiers, but think some still looks goofy - mostly when it is closer with Dany riding them.  Like I said, I just prefer stuff like Battle of the Bastards more. 

Cersei and the Iron Banker were talking about the army that Cersei can buy with financial support from the bank.   What was the reference?  The "gold men" or something?  

I know, and maybe I'm reading too much into this.  But I think the fight scene with Brienne showed that she's getting cocky.  She was very cocky to the guards at the gate, then again when talking to her sister about how she needed better guards.  I don't think LF would kill her in combat, but maybe poison or something when she already has her guard down a little (at home now) and is very cocky right now.
Yeah, for a bad ### assassin, she is sure advertising that she is a bad ### assassin a lot. 

Neverending Story or Reign of Fire. 

I am the last person to ask about CGI since I am old and most of it looks junky.  I think some looked alright, mostly when they are in the distance torching soldiers, but think some still looks goofy - mostly when it is closer with Dany riding them.  Like I said, I just prefer stuff like Battle of the Bastards more. 
I'm so glad you said Reign of Fire because I was like man don't say reign of fire.  that movie is underrated.

hmm wife just made a good call. I believe Dany knows that Jamie killed her father, i wonder if they recognize that (or Tyrion comes down to save him) but they pull him out as a prisoner. Obviously Dany would want his head for killing her dad, and it leaves Tyrion with the tricky dilemma of helping his brother or serving Dany...
Yes, I think your wife nailed it.  This show has a way of turning the tides, I can imagine them having a conversation now of the irony that Jaime is now his prisoner. 

So what if Cersei in desperation, watching her armies melt like the wicked witch of the north allies with the White Walkers and marries the Night King? Aside from being undead that would give her pretty much everything she wants, no?

hmm wife just made a good call. I believe Dany knows that Jamie killed her father, i wonder if they recognize that (or Tyrion comes down to save him) but they pull him out as a prisoner. Obviously Dany would want his head for killing her dad, and it leaves Tyrion with the tricky dilemma of helping his brother or serving Dany...
This is an interesting dynamic for sure, especially with Tyrion on hand.  Dany vs. Jamie, Dany probably wanting some heads or to burn some mo-fos, Tyrion not wanting her to to turn into her father especially on Jamie, Jamie vs. Tyrion (haven't seen each other since killing Daddy), Jamie choosing between Cersei and Tyrion, etc, etc..

I didn't recognize the old guy who told Jaime and Bron that all the gold has safely made its way into Kings Landing.  You guys are claiming he is the Dad of the fat guy in the library who is friends with John Snow?

This. Dany clearly doesn't want to use the Dragons and Dothraki to take a city (since its inevitable that many innocent people will die). But the Lannister army in an open field? Might as well be a buffet.
Thought the same thing. Misdirection, trying to make us think that he didn't bend a knee and that she ignored his advice. I think she may have listened to him and I think he may have bent a knee. The latter I am less sure of because of the Missandei/Davos/Jon scene. At least they didn't steal the entire Hobbit scene and let the dragon live, but Jamie and Bronn surviving that battle was hokey as others have said.

The best part of this show pre-season 7 is that the key players could bite it at any time. If someone like Jamie has a future to say kill Cersei, then don't have Bronn somehow save him at the last second from a dragon who somehow sees him but can't pull the trigger in time. Let's not get like TWD where they write stories around the stars but have to keep them alive at the detriment of the show itself.

I just want to know how Jamie and Bronn will somehow survive when Dany and the dragon know exactly where they went and would most likely wait a few minutes for them to surface or know that they drowned. How they deal with those two will be either realistic (prisoners or dead) or be another indicator that this season is rushed/sloppier than past seasons.

They aren't, but this thread seems to take the tone that if you don't like something about the episode or season that you should be watching 2 1/2 Men instead.  

Great TV show, but our screens aren't going to explode from sheer awesomeness upon the last episode of GOT. 
Some of the criticisms are truly lame attempts at "look at me,  I am better than this tripe". This is some of the best stuff on TV. Period. Are they perfect? No. The show runner don't have endless budgets and have constraints. They delivered class A entertainment show in and show out. Some of the critics here remind me of the critic from "History of the World Part I" cause they can't do any better.

He either drowns or he's a prisoner. There's a Dragon with a spear in it right there were he went in. Dragon will be there longer then he can hold his breath.

I'm 100% convinced that Arya will kill Cersei.  She will end up in Kings Landing somehow at the same time the Hound does.  The Hound will take out the Mountain, paving the way for Arya to take out Cersei.  
I could see that, but The Hound is also up at The Wall by now too, no? 

I was wondering if they are setting it up so that she kills LF and assumes his identity to get into Kings Landing. 

I think the Stark reunion is too easy, and they will go their separate ways again soon.  Jon goes back to do battle up north, Arya goes south to kill Cersei and The Mountain, Sansa stays put, and Bran has to go find a special tree for some reason?  Dunno, just have the feeling they aren't going to be together for much longer.  I could see another one of them biting it soon too. 

Can someone please explain what Little Finger is up to?  For one, not really sure where he fits in anymore.  I'm just waiting for him to betray the North and kill the Starks, or attempt to.  Every time I see him I cringe.  
i'm not sure he knows, it is hard to see his end game. but that is true to his character, there were a few times throughout the entire episode you couldn't tell what his motives were. All i know is he better hurry with whatever they are because he is getting too many people not liking him up there

I was wondering if they are setting it up so that she kills LF and assumes his identity to get into Kings Landing. 

I think the Stark reunion is too easy, and they will go their separate ways again soon.  Jon goes back to do battle up north, Arya goes south to kill Cersei and The Mountain, Sansa stays put, and Bran has to go find a special tree for some reason?  Dunno, just have the feeling they aren't going to be together for much longer.  I could see another one of them biting it soon too. 
I didn't think that the Hound was going to the wall?

I agree with the rest of your post though.  The Stark reunion was too easy.  LF has to foil that somehow before (if?) he is killed.  There is a lot they can do if they have Arya disguise herself as Jamie and confront Cersei.  I don't think a LF disguise opens as many doors.  

And here I thought you guys were asking if Jon went downtown when you were asking if he bent the knee.  I though she had a bit of a smile when she exited that cave...

I agree with the rest of your post though.  The Stark reunion was too easy.  LF has to foil that somehow before (if?) he is killed.  There is a lot they can do if they have Arya disguise herself as Jamie and confront Cersei.  I don't think a LF disguise opens as many doors.  
I thought he and the Brotherhood were heading up that way, but my memory is crap lately.

No doubt. It gets harder to kill off characters as the seasons go by and they become more popular.  It felt a little like that tonight to me.  
Agree 100%, as I posted above. So far, we've had minor sand snakes and Olenna die. Olenna was a big minor character back in King's Landing, but since then she's drop down in the rankings and they got rid of her and her army in a 2 minute scene. I would be thinking that with 3 more episodes this season and 6 more next season that we'd see more key deaths. If we keep just getting red shirt deaths and close calls, it's going to be a little disappointing.

I agree.  They aren't ever together for long without something (usually bad) happening. It would be really cool to see Arya kill LF, and the more I think about it, I'm gonna say one of them kills the other in the next episode.  Maybe next episode we see the hound and the White walkers as well, it's been too long. 

I was torn up the last half of that. It started with me trying to remember trying to remember the "list" and wondering if Brienne somehow made it on it. I wasn't so sure if that was her last scene. Then rooting for Bronn. Then against him. The for him. Lather, rinse, repeat. Then the same for Jamie. 

I think people are going to grow impatient with Bran. He is now the perfect narrator. They are going to want him to be setting things "right" and soon. Its clear he has seen all sorts of things and no one can keep a secret from him. The only question is what does he care about, if anything. His personality has been fried. 

That was extremely fun.

(and man, I hope old man Tarly bought it.)  

so that dagger Arya has now is one of those that can kill the white walkers right? or did i miss something, i think that dagger is good against the walkers though. Seems if the Starks split up they should hurry cause the bad guys are coming south soon i think

hmm watching the episode again. Brann has a little more emotion when it comes to meeting Arya which is nice, but as he hugs her he has a weird look with Sansa. Brann is a tricky character now, what the heck is going through his head 

woah, i can't believe this thread. no complaints yet? I feel like it is missing so i'll throw one out there:

What is up with Brienne swinging her big ### Valerian steel full force while sparring with Arya. I don't think she can slow her swing that much and Arya had no armor!!

it's funny because obvioulsy this episode and show are the best of the best, but honestly watching that scene this was what i thought half the time
I thought Bri was using an ordinary sword for training.

I thought Bri was using an ordinary sword for training.
it's funny this show i think has me emotionally invested. I think with Arya i still see the sweet little girl from the first couple of seasons, and just saw this giant of a lady swinging heavy steel at her and thought it was f'd up

Are we certain that Jon didn't advise her to attack the Lannister army?  We only saw him telling her not to attack Kings Landing with dragons. 
I actually think he advised her to attack the Lannisters, he specifically said not castles and cities.  When he said she wasn't there, it wasn't some dreadful tone with his head down.  He knew where she was. I think he bent the knee, and advised her to fight them in the field.  They win the battle, and he wins her trust.  We will find out soon 

man, definitely worth watching this episode again. Funny look between Sansa and Littlefinger when Arya tells Brienne "you swore to protect both my mother's daughters". Quite a few little things like this they are putting in that could be nothing, or...

i'm also thinking there is a chance Jon blows a load in his pants when he sees how awesome Arya is with that sword he made her as a parting gift.

She can only ride/control one at a time?
They seemed to be under control when they only attacked one ship of the masters fleet. It looked like they were working together. She also likes to say she has 3 dragons, not 1 can control and the other 2 do whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread