What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

They said in the post game they had Arya killing NK in the cards for several years....... kind of fits her storyline.

I still feel like the whole Bran/NK feud was still not well explained for what is supposed to be the main story, but maybe it’s just me
Not just you.

Hopefully will be explained in the remaining episodes. Also hopefully explain what point or reason bran fulfilled by flying around as a Raven those last few minutes while theon was wheeling and dealing on the kung Fu movie style single zombie attacks.

There's a few others, but I know i am in the minority- this episode didn't do a ton for me.  There were some great scenes- loved the opening attack and the oh #### moment when the screamers hit the zombie wall, but after that it was a cheesy action movie.   Only secondary characters bite it, last second out of the blue heroics, dark blurry scenes with no sense of position, and seemingly the last 1/3 of the episode in slo mo.  

I get other's love, but this isn't what made me fall in love with the show.  

There's a few others, but I know i am in the minority- this episode didn't do a ton for me.  There were some great scenes- loved the opening attack and the oh #### moment when the screamers hit the zombie wall, but after that it was a cheesy action movie.   Only secondary characters bite it, last second out of the blue heroics, dark blurry scenes with no sense of position, and seemingly the last 1/3 of the episode in slo mo.  

Agreed. It  I was certainly entertaining but if this is how the show was from season 1, I wouldn’t have been watching it.

The whole “I couldn’t see anything” is trending on twitter.  People seem to have liked the episode but the lighting was a real problem for a lot.

You realized they didn't actually follow the books totally? They changed alot of the watch stuff.  Mance was another big change off the top of my head.
None of this matters in the context of the post I responded to. Jon was always meant to be brought back by the Red Woman. His parentage wouldn't matter otherwise and is one of the biggest (worst kept) secrets in the books. They've gone way off book since (bc there are no more books), but Jon's resurrection is not one of those times and it's really not something up for debate. 

I get your points and can't disagree...but ...it's more about the oh-face climax at this point than the sweet, sweet foreplay. And I think we've all been ready to unload.

The whole “I couldn’t see anything” is trending on twitter.  People seem to have liked the episode but the lighting was a real problem for a lot.
Yeah....I turned all the lights out and it was easier...on this rewatch they are back on and its definately not as clear.

Yeah there is a bit of “why” to the whole Bran NK story that is never really explained.
I don't mind that so much.  My issues are mostly with pacing and general "Hollywooding it up" Tsunami of Dead hits Winterfell, and all the major characters on the front lines somehow not only survive, but get back inside.  Everyone else out there dies.  Only one person made it back from the Dothraki rush.  Was it a random screamer like the odds would say? Nope.

He also had Tyrion as Targ but they changed directions there also.  They kept John around because the ladies loved him.  They got alot of pushback after the redwedding with Rob.

Are you trolling? It seems like you know nothing about what you're talking about. The Tyrion as Targ thing is a fan theory about the books, which have a lot more detail obviously. Not an abandoned plot point for the show. 

None of this matters in the context of the post I responded to. Jon was always meant to be brought back by the Red Woman. His parentage wouldn't matter otherwise and is one of the biggest (worst kept) secrets in the books. They've gone way off book since (bc there are no more books), but Jon's resurrection is not one of those times and it's really not something up for debate. 
I disagree.

Are you trolling? It seems like you know nothing about what you're talking about. The Tyrion as Targ thing is a fan theory about the books, which have a lot more detail obviously. Not an abandoned plot point for the show. 
You are just missing my points.  No biggie.  I give up.

They said in the post game they had Arya killing NK in the cards for several years....... kind of fits her storyline.
I think it kind of goes against her storyline of her hit list, silent/faceless assassin, etc.

With all the longing looks the NK was giving Jon, I thought that was where the battle would be.  (And the red witch would be apart of that.  She basically did jack and shot tonight) 

Yeah....I turned all the lights out and it was easier...on this rewatch they are back on and its definately not as clear.
A lot of people are also kind of dumb and stream the show on their tablet or laptop which is obviously not how it’s intended. It was dark but with a good TV and lights off, it looked fine IMO.

I don't mind that so much.  My issues are mostly with pacing and general "Hollywooding it up" Tsunami of Dead hits Winterfell, and all the major characters on the front lines somehow not only survive, but get back inside.  Everyone else out there dies.  Only one person made it back from the Dothraki rush.  Was it a random screamer like the odds would say? Nope.
There were some random screamers who lived and Dany was out there and she lived. 

I think it kind of goes against her storyline of her hit list, silent/faceless assassin, etc.

With all the longing looks the NK was giving Jon, I thought that was where the battle would be.  (And the red witch would be apart of that.  She basically did jack and shot tonight) 
Except she did recently talk about defending family as being her primary m.o.... protecting bran fits that 

Thoughts Jon was going to be more involved but he can’t be the hero of every battle.  Still 3 more episodes to go, he will get his chance.  He was ready to go one on one, hand to hand with the NK until the NK got scared.

man Im slacking in my nerdiness. 3 straight days of nfl draft - check, GOT - check, I didn't get to the theatre for end game.....
Thursday - Draft

Friday - Endgame & Draft

Saturday - Draft, younger daughter's softball game, older daughter's violin concert

Sunday - Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire backed by the Phoenix Symphony with older daughter and Game of Thrones Battle of Winterfell

Been a lot of fun.

You are just missing my points.  No biggie.  I give up.
Your points are made up. 

Jon was always coming back, it wasn't a Hollywood change. It's an important plot point. 

Tyrion was never going to be a Targ unless GRRM came out with a book in all this time that changed that. Which he didn't. They got all the huge plot points out of him early on in case he died. 

There were some random screamers who lived and Dany was out there and she lived. 
It was dark, she was in a dragon, and I saw Morm come back on a horse.  Just unnecessary imo.  This show has turned into a ratings event for HBO.  They put on a good show for the people.  Like gladiators back in Rome.  Give the people what they want.  It's cheesey though like KP mentioned earlier.

Thoughts Jon was going to be more involved but he can’t be the hero of every battle.  Still 3 more episodes to go, he will get his chance.  He was ready to go one on one, hand to hand with the NK until the NK got scared.
Yes that’s another thing. The NK is a real coward. Raising the dead because Jon showed up was weak AF. 

Yeah I mean way more main characters should have died. I am supposed to believe Sam fought off non-stop zombie attacks that whole time and survived? One armed Jaime backed against a wall vs 10000 zombies for 20 minutes? That’s a stretch.

Except she did recently talk about defending family as being her primary m.o.... protecting bran fits that 

She gave Arya the idea to kill the NK
Fair points.  I've just disappointed in Aryas arc for seasons now, and I guess tonight didn't change that.  

Just surprised the big thing the Red Woman has to travel back her for was to light a couple ineffective fires and be the one to give Arya the idea to do that.  

It was dark, she was in a dragon, and I saw Morm come back on a horse.  Just unnecessary imo.  This show has turned into a ratings event for HBO.  They put on a good show for the people.  Like gladiators back in Rome.  Give the people what they want.  It's cheesey though like KP mentioned earlier.
Cheesy is a good word. The first few seasons were gritty as hell. 

Fair points.  I've just disappointed in Aryas arc for seasons now, and I guess tonight didn't change that.  

Just surprised the big thing the Red Woman has to travel back her for was to light a couple ineffective fires and be the one to give Arya the idea to do that.  
She's been training for just this thing. I like it. And her arc was always going to be taking out a major player using those skills...was always either cersei or nk for me. Just going around murdering people in disguise would have been less interesting...although I did love the revenge for the red wedding 

I agree more of the main characters should have died. Most of them aren't such world class fighters that they are each their own pocket of safety in that tsunami of zombies. Maybe Brienne and the Hound

Yeah, Arya should have been planning that all along with her backround.  She should have dug those holes like in red dawn.  She should have put one near Bran, bail of hay on top, and popped out and sliced the NK throat like Wick.

Users who are viewing this thread