What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (8 Viewers)

#### the haters here, Stannis is the man. You forget about Blackwater?
the battle he lost to a midget?
I seem to remember him overcoming wildfire and having the midget trapped before Tywin and Loras Tyrell led a surprise cavalry attack.
Right...so, he got pwn3d.
It took every damn trick in the book to stop him and he's still making moves. I loved when his own troops were like, "after this wildfire we can't rush the beach, hundreds will die." His inspiring response, "Thousands." He's the kind of no BS leader the 7 kingdoms need.
yet he takes orders from a hot witch

I can't say as to why, but I can't shake the feeling that Varys is going to save The Imps ### somehow. The whole I didn't forget speech has to figure in eventually somehow.

He didn't step in the save Ned Stark the last time and he saw how it all turned out.
What is Varys going to do? Only thing he could is somehow prove that Littlefinger was really behind it, but how does he do that? Tywin won't just take his word on it.
I'm sure there is lots he could do besides that. and besides I think tywin doesn't actually give a #### if tyrion did it or not and most likely knows he didnt do it.

I can't say as to why, but I can't shake the feeling that Varys is going to save The Imps ### somehow. The whole I didn't forget speech has to figure in eventually somehow.

He didn't step in the save Ned Stark the last time and he saw how it all turned out.
What is Varys going to do? Only thing he could is somehow prove that Littlefinger was really behind it, but how does he do that? Tywin won't just take his word on it.
I'm sure there is lots he could do besides that. and besides I think tywin doesn't actually give a #### if tyrion did it or not and most likely knows he didnt do it.
Your last point is why I'm not sure how Varys gets him out. Tywin seems set on executing Tyrion.

The writers wanted me to hate Joffrey and I did- a very successful villain. Now the writers want me to hate Ramsey and all I feel is a kind of bored contempt. Why is that?
The purpose isn't to hate Ramsay (though you should), rather, it's to watch theon suffer for betraying everybody and to probably start to feel sympathy for him.

The show has made us flop feelings on some characters - like Jamie and Theon. I wonder if a flop is underway on Sansa as she looks prepared to embrace the dark side.

She's got to be nuts by now with a list of suitors like Joffrey, Loras,Tyrion and Littlefinger

The show has made us flop feelings on some characters - like Jamie and Theon. I wonder if a flop is underway on Sansa as she looks prepared to embrace the dark side.

She's got to be nuts by now with a list of suitors like Joffrey, Loras,Tyrion and Littlefinger
I think so, but I think she is going to be "good bad". We have all seen what she has gone though, if she starts to become an evil plotter like Littlefinger and starts to kill off her enemy's I can't say I'm going to hate her.

It will be very interesting to see who starts to kill off more people on Aryas list, Arya or her older sister.

Actually now that I think of it.... if word gets to anyone in kings landing that Sansa is alive and well in the Vail and she is with Littlefinger.... Varys would be the one to find out first..... I'm not sure how it would save him but you never know.

That is one of the more plausible scenarios IMO. They spent a decent amount of the past few episodes talking about how impregnable the Vale is and it seems that they have no love of the Lannisters up there either so there would be no immediate threat to Littlefinger, who is now in charge. Plus Sansa seems to be firmly committed to the Game and I am sure she would love Cersei's ### on a spike (it's okay to make fun of that one Timmy).

I can think of worse plays the writers could use to get Tyrion off the hook. And I'm sure Varys could find the appropriate information to exonerate him, heck he might already have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your last point is why I'm not sure how Varys gets him out. Tywin seems set on executing Tyrion.
Tywin isn't afraid to put Tyrion in the path of mortal harm, as when he put him on the front lines of a battle with the Starks in season one, but I don't think he would just kill him without an excuse. Tywin could have killed Tyrion at any point in his life and he chose not to go that route and I am not sure he would change now. If the exonerating information is made public it will be tough for Tywin to just kill Tyrion outright.

I dont think tywin cares if tyrion lives or dies. I think he will do whatever is convenient for his plans. Ie he was willing to send him to the wall if jamie agreed to quit the kingsguard.

I dont think tywin cares if tyrion lives or dies. I think he will do whatever is convenient for his plans. Ie he was willing to send him to the wall if jamie agreed to quit the kingsguard.
Agreed. I like the Varys (or someone) pins it on Littlefinger call, the more I think about it the more plausible it seems.

Agreed. I like the Varys (or someone) pins it on Littlefinger call, the more I think about it the more plausible it seems.
Pin it on him? Littlefinger is behind it.

Lots of ways to dig him out if they want to

- Jamie threatens Tywin for reneging on their deal, since a lannister always pays his debts

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

- Stannis attacks with the aid of the red witch and the iron bank

- Bronn aids Tyrion in an escape

- Tywin and Tommen are killed, and the city devolves into chaos

- The executioner is unable to cut his neck after a thick swarm of beetles forms a scarf around him

- Cersei dies and nobody gives a #### about her weird obsession with her two brothers anymore

Pin it on him? Littlefinger is behind it.
I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

- Jamie threatens Tywin for reneging on their deal, since a lannister always pays his debts

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

- The executioner is unable to cut his neck after a thick swarm of beetles forms a scarf around him

- Cersei dies and nobody gives a #### about her weird obsession with her two brothers anymore
Hmm, interesting thought on Tommen issuing a pardon. Maybe Jamie tricks his 'son' the new king into doing it.

daddo39 said:
bostonfred said:

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

Hmm, interesting thought on Tommen issuing a pardon. Maybe Jamie tricks his 'son' the new king into doing it.
Or someone (Jamie,Varys) speaks with him and convinces him to. It would be an interesting spin/juxtaposition after Joffrey promised to spare Ned and then shocked everyone by executing him where Tommen pardons when most expect Tyrion to die. The kid would need balls of steel to over turn a ruling by Tywin and I just don't see it.

bostonfred said:

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

:thumbup:

I know how Tyrion escapes. He tells his dad "Call me elf one more time" and when his dad does they come to fisticuffs and he escapes amidst the pandemonium.

I know how Tyrion escapes. He tells his dad "Call me elf one more time" and when his dad does they come to fisticuffs and he escapes amidst the pandemonium.
:thumbup: Hey, Jackweed. I get more action in a week than you've had in your entire life. I've got houses in L.A., Paris & Vail...each one with a 70-Inch plasma screen. So I suggest you wipe that stupid smile off your face before I come over and smack it off! You feeling strong, my friend? Call me elf one more time!

For as smart as Tyrion is supposed to be, it'd be nice if he could somehow orchestrate his own release or escape.

He's been so useless/pointless the past couple seasons that I'd almost be okay with him getting the axe.

Wyld Stallyns said:
Might've been said already, but occured to me today that is the Mountain does die then Oberyn actually did get his revenge/justice. He just wasn't around to enjoy it.
I think he was more interested in confirming his suspicions of who ordered the Mountain to rape her, kill her and murder her children. I don't think his idea of revenge was just to kill the Mountain.

daddo39 said:
bostonfred said:

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

No way in a million years Tommen pardons him. There is no benefit for him to do this. He would alienate not only his grandfather (by overturning his decision), but also majorly piss of his dear, loving mother. Not going to happen. If they do this, it will be a major disappointment.

daddo39 said:
bostonfred said:

- Tommen pardons Tyrion

No way in a million years Tommen pardons him. There is no benefit for him to do this. He would alienate not only his grandfather (by overturning his decision), but also majorly piss of his dear, loving mother. Not going to happen. If they do this, it will be a major disappointment.
The only way this would make any sense is if Tommen was upset that his grandfather and mother were making all the decisions and he wanted to start to make his own choices. Seems way to early for that sort of push back to start happening.

Users who are viewing this thread