What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (8 Viewers)

I don;t know if Davos would buy into saving the queen.
There is no alternate theory, that's why Tyrion said there would be a dingy waiting. No reason to look deeper. It's the same beach where we've seen smuggling happen 3 different times at least. As far as I can tell it's actually the only place Davos knows how to sail to. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I only care that Arya lives through all of this and I just cant see that happening. I will be crushed. 

I gotta say, Im surprised how much love I have for a character that sometimes looks like a dirty Super Mario(especially tonight)

If I'm not mistaken that is how Jamie got there so Davos got him the boat somewhere else. 
You are mistaken, Jaimie tried to walk in the front gate just like Arya and the Hound but got locked out and spent the whole episode walking around the exterior of King's Landing until he got to that beach and the secret tunnel.

I liked it.

I don't think Jon has the nuts to take out Dany...Arya about to go gangsta one more time me thinks based on the huge buildup for Arya at the end.

Not sure how you handle the dragon though?  
Or Arya tries...and fails and that gives Jon the push he needs to kill her.

I only care that Arya lives through all of this and I just cant see that happening. I will be crushed. 

I gotta say, Im surprised how much love I have for a character that sometimes looks like a dirty Super Mario(especially tonight)
I think she will. I read that scene as her ####### off.  I think her story is finished.  

I don’t think Dany went insane. 

She explained it herself: she will show mercy to future generations by completely destroying King’s Landing. If that means innocent people had to die, the price was worth it. How is this different from when we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? It’s the same rationale. 

She was emotional and angry but not crazy, IMO. 

She explained it herself: she will show mercy to future generations by completely destroying King’s Landing. If that means innocent people had to die, the price was worth it. How is this different from when we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? It’s the same rationale. 

King’s Landing had surrendered.

That was her rationale for wanting to use the dragon to burn up the Lannister forces in the city, which would inevitably have civilian casualties. What she did went far beyond that. Once she got started she basically leveled everything. I don't think even she was arguing for that earlier. 

LOL, wut? Didn't you start a thread about WW2?????? 

When jon rejected her early in the episode she said "I'll have to rule by fear then". She had devoted her entire life to getting the throne back. Jorah died protecting her. Miss sandy died because of her. Her dragons died because of her. This was the only reason she existed anymore. 

If she took king's landing peacefully and jon said wait i'm the real king, all of that would have been for nothing.  But when she took the city - filled with people who had opposed her and supported the usurpers who had killed her father and sent assassins to kill her and armies to fight her and betrayed her while she saved them from the night king - she decided to take it with such a show of force that nobody would ever question her birth right because jon supposedly had a better claim. She went to him at the beginning of the episode to see if this could be avoided, but this was her plan.  It's how the targaryens took power in the first place.  
No it's not.  The Targaryens that took power originally only attacked armies in the field and castles where Kings were hiding.  They also allowed the surrender of any and all enemies that wished to.  It's why the Lannister and Stark Kings were allowed to remain in power, albeit with a "demotion".   She went mad.  As bat#### as her father ever was.

Wrong.  And this is why I don't have an issue with Dany destroying Kings Landing,  She went crazy like Aegon and Jon realizes this.  Tyrion too.  I think Dany will be killed in the ultimate GOT episode.

No.  It would be like Japan surrendering and then dropping the bomb on Hiroshima.  

I really really wish this had been a 10 episode season.  Almost every complaint I have about this show is due to how rushed everything is(other than a few deus ex machina situations).  If we had the dialogue that the early seasons had, this would've been the greatest thing ever seen on tv IMO(and it still might be, but it's not a runaway winner).  As it is, it was still an incredible episode and was absolutely shocking.  I have zero doubt that this is where GRRM wanted the story to go.  The lack of a proper path to get here is the only thing that detracts from it.  Dany's heel turn, while understandable, was way too sudden.  A couple of episodes showing her descent would've been awesome.  

Still, it was gritty, it was horrifying.  The POV of the innocents being killed and not knowing where to run was amazing theater.  It made you realize how terrible war can be again.  Very surreal just like the battle of the bastards IMO.  Jon seeing the destruction and being sickened, followed by him helping the people was great.  Can't wait for his confrontation with Dany.  Cleganebowl was great.  Frankenstein(Qyburn) being killed by his monster(the Mountain) was perfect.  Arya getting on a pale horse at the end of the episode....

Score was perfect again.  They nailed this episode.

Dany said since they won't love her they must fear her.  Mission accomplished.

In a world of magic and dragons you have such a pedestrian ending.  Show turned into The Last Kingdom with a bigger budget.

Wow, Bald Move - two guys who have generally been even keel and pretty fair - just popped off on this episode. Kind of shocking tbh, almost as if they had been playing nice for a while and were looking for a reason to go ballistic.

They call it "showrunner malpractice" lolol.

That’s how insanity works in the movies. Rarely is such a snap reality. 
I highly respect all the things that you need to know, in order to do your job. 

Also, I understand that our perspectives in this arena come from a different angle, but I believe it is more common than "rare". 

Uncommon is my take. But, bell curves don't explain the extremes well. 

Targaryens are extreme. 

I buy it.

Been thinking about the episode, and I think it fits with the rest of the season in that it just feels like they are trying to wrap it up and move on, and not that they got there organically.  

Mostly this has to do with Jaime and Dany.  I understand what they were getting at - Jaime ultimately didn't feel like he deserved the redemption and like a drug was drawn back to Cersei.  Dany went the fear/Mad Queen route as everybody betrayed here or wouldn't shag her.  It's just that both of those were major developments that seemed to happen in the span of 5mins and didn't feel like they had time to breathe.  

Also, sometimes the "previously on" GOT should just be axed.  They focused sooooooo much on Dany going crazy and then showing her all red in the face and breathing crazy for several seconds, and I just thought - well, I guess she's going ape-#### this episode.  

There were some damn good scenes - Tyrion and Jaime, some of the battle action was bas-###, Arya and 'Sandor'.  Just once again the great scenes were too few and were overshadowed by what I said above and bad scenes like the Euron and Jaime battle and the white horse at the end.   Any episode of GOT is good TV comparing it to the rest of what is out there for TV, but I still feel like they are limping into the finish line a bit.  

Users who are viewing this thread