What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (6 Viewers)

I just don't understand why they didn't use their F-22 Raptors to assault the wall and then load up the bulk of their army in a bunch of Lockheed C-130 Hercules and BAM straight to King's Landing!
You bind those evil spirits that are behind the crows with the blood of the Mother, the name of the Father, the power of entombment of the Stranger, the power of agreement, the word of the Gods. Take air superiority, and then roll in with your tanks on the ground. Blitzkrieg!
EXACTLY!

The only way the wall is going to hold is one of two things:

- the white walkers come in behind the wildlings and rip them to shreds...but would they try continue to take the wall themselves?

Or

- Stannis arrives with the red woman who sacrifices his kid and expels an army of shadow demons from her mommy parts which destroy the wildlings.

- Stannis arrives with the red woman who sacrifices his kid and expels an army of shadow demons from her mommy parts which destroy the wildlings.
I could definitely see this as an option. The last time we saw Stannis was at the bank, and he was the only leader taking a threat at the wall seriously. They got the cash and the boats so it would not surprise me at all to see his army make an appearance. I wouldn't think there's enough time in 1 episode (with all the other story lines that have to develop) to sacrifice and gain from demons, but there's definitely enough time for an intervention and for Davos to do what he told Stannis he would be necessary for... making strategic political collaborations between different parties (or something like that).

In my experience when white walkers sit down on the pot they usually start with a pee and some farting, then they kind of jostle their stance and start dumping out vanilla soft serve.

In my experience when white walkers sit down on the pot they usually start with a pee and some farting, then they kind of jostle their stance and start dumping out vanilla soft serve.
Well in that case the Walkers are going about their invasion all wrong. They should be working with the royal bank to set up franchises. They'd make a killing, Westeros would eat that #### up.

Do the White Walkers have any chance of getting over/through the wall? They seem like they'd break if they tried to climb over it.

The only way the wall is going to hold is one of two things:

- the white walkers come in behind the wildlings and rip them to shreds...but would they try continue to take the wall themselves?

Or

I can picture Stannis hold her on his hip like a machine gun as she sprays an a flurry of shadows monsters onto the rushing horde of Wildlings. Magic ###### Machine Gun.

1. How many in the army are actually capable of making this climb? Probably few.

2. I dont think Mance has a lot of training to lead an army, so I wouldnt expect him to be a tactical genius. If you are talking about a bunch of nomadic tribes with little soldier training, the full on frontal assault with sheer numbers seems plausible. Less need for troops to make smart decisions and follow orders (neither of which may be likely in this "army")
And don't forget this isn't an army in the sense everyone there is a soldier. This is an entire population including women, children, the elderly, fleeing their homes.

As Mance explained, the only way he united them was convincing them they had to leave the north or they'd all end up dead from what was coming.

the moops said:
does seem like they should choose a better place to actually climb the wall though
Yah, like where their "elite" squad climbed up. Just send everyone up that spot, as it's proven to work time and time again.
Yah worked great, it only broke loose about halfway up killing some of their squad. Sure it's safer than climbing right up above the tunnel but that does mean it's a proven method.

With the title of this episode being "The Children" we keep thinking about Bran and Arya and Sansa. But what about Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion? They are the children of Tywin and he always treats them as such. Even when he gives them something seemingly of power (making Tyrion Hand, offering Jaime to leave the Kingsguard and return to Casterly Rock, every time he lectures Cersei to educate her) he manipulates them, scolds them, and utterly treats them as children. He always has does so to protect the Lannister name, but what if the children have decided that the ends don't justify the means? While Cersei certainly wants Tyrion dead, and it seems Tywin is accepting of it (though he'd be equally fine with him living at The Wall), I think Jaime certainly wants him to live. Jaime and Cersei have a connection as well...one that they know Tywin would never openly accepts as it would tarnish the Lannister name.

I think the "big twist" in this episode (there always seems to be something at the end of the season, and I read somewhere in this thread that this season's "episode 9" is really episode 10) is going to center on them. Sure, Bran can do some warging stuff. Maybe Arya and Sansa meet up or maybe they don't. Maybe the dragons wreak some havoc (they are Dany's children). But the big plot point this whole season has been around the action in King's Landing, so I believe the Holy #### moment will be centered on them. Like most, I don't believe that Tyrion dies. I have no real idea on how he evades it beyond what others have posted. He has a few champions remaining that could stick up for him. Can he utilize Jaime, Varys, Bronn, and anyone else to spark something and allow him to get the jump on his father and maybe even Cersei? Without that, I don't see how he lives so that's what I'm banking on.

With the title of this episode being "The Children" we keep thinking about Bran and Arya and Sansa. But what about Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion? They are the children of Tywin and he always treats them as such. Even when he gives them something seemingly of power (making Tyrion Hand, offering Jaime to leave the Kingsguard and return to Casterly Rock, every time he lectures Cersei to educate her) he manipulates them, scolds them, and utterly treats them as children. He always has does so to protect the Lannister name, but what if the children have decided that the ends don't justify the means? While Cersei certainly wants Tyrion dead, and it seems Tywin is accepting of it (though he'd be equally fine with him living at The Wall), I think Jaime certainly wants him to live. Jaime and Cersei have a connection as well...one that they know Tywin would never openly accepts as it would tarnish the Lannister name.

I think the "big twist" in this episode (there always seems to be something at the end of the season, and I read somewhere in this thread that this season's "episode 9" is really episode 10) is going to center on them. Sure, Bran can do some warging stuff. Maybe Arya and Sansa meet up or maybe they don't. Maybe the dragons wreak some havoc (they are Dany's children). But the big plot point this whole season has been around the action in King's Landing, so I believe the Holy #### moment will be centered on them. Like most, I don't believe that Tyrion dies. I have no real idea on how he evades it beyond what others have posted. He has a few champions remaining that could stick up for him. Can he utilize Jaime, Varys, Bronn, and anyone else to spark something and allow him to get the jump on his father and maybe even Cersei? Without that, I don't see how he lives so that's what I'm banking on.
There's so many "children" refrences in the show...it's impossible to narrow it down....Bran, Sansa, Arya.....Tommen, Mycella.....The Children of the Forest......Stannis's daugter.....Dany refers to her dragons as her children.....Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion.......

There's so many "children" refrences in the show...it's impossible to narrow it down....Bran, Sansa, Arya.....Tommen, Mycella.....The Children of the Forest......Stannis's daugter.....Dany refers to her dragons as her children.....Cersei, Jamie, Tyrion.......
Agreed, but the main story this whole season (to me) has been everything going on with the Lannister children. While the Starks (and even Tommen/Myrcella) may have more import as the whole story develops I think that to close out this season's arc we keep the focus where it has been. They are the only ones that are in the center of some unresolved conflict as of right now, correct?

Sansa/Arya are relatively safe for the moment, it seems. Rickon has been offscreen with Tonks and Bran seems to have been fine since leaving Craster's Keep (unless I'm forgetting something). Tommen walked away from the trial and Myrcella is in another (unshown so far) land. Stannis's daughter with the gravelface could be interesting...she does have king's blood in her. I mentioned the dragons, but Dany isn't in any immediate peril other than having cast out Jorah.

It's all back to the Lannister "children" again, to me at least.

Episode 10's usually feature a healthy dose of Daenerys - her children, the dragons, will feature in the episode imo.

Conflict between/among Jamie/Cersei/Tyrion should also come to a head.

That leaves the Stark children - Arya/Sansa re-union, Jon Snow meeting with Mance, Bran's journey, and Rickon.

Agreed, but the main story this whole season (to me) has been everything going on with the Lannister children. While the Starks (and even Tommen/Myrcella) may have more import as the whole story develops I think that to close out this season's arc we keep the focus where it has been. They are the only ones that are in the center of some unresolved conflict as of right now, correct?

Sansa/Arya are relatively safe for the moment, it seems. Rickon has been offscreen with Tonks and Bran seems to have been fine since leaving Craster's Keep (unless I'm forgetting something). Tommen walked away from the trial and Myrcella is in another (unshown so far) land. Stannis's daughter with the gravelface could be interesting...she does have king's blood in her. I mentioned the dragons, but Dany isn't in any immediate peril other than having cast out Jorah.

They showed Bran's group in the preview, I imagine we will be getting a healthy dose of them along with Tyrion (also shown in the preview).

They showed Bran's group in the preview, I imagine we will be getting a healthy dose of them along with Tyrion (also shown in the preview).
That looks to be the boring/filler part from the previews.

The White Walkers are children of other White Walkers.
This, too. I had thought of it the other day. It could be referring to Craster's children that kept being offered up to The Others. We saw the one baby get eye-poked and turn that crystal clear blue. Maybe we get something involving all of those offspring from over the years.

so in other words, more episode 10 teases of white walkers and dragons that lead to zip the following season until the following episode 10 teasers?

Was that Gilly running on the hill past the wilding army before the attack occurred?
Yes and that scene was superfluous and stupid. This crack group of wildlings didn't notice the chick with a baby wandering past them?

Out of the entire episode, that was by far the worst part.

Was that Gilly running on the hill past the wilding army before the attack occurred?
I think so, yes.
Seemed like it to me.
You would think she might have mentioned that she saw where they were camped.
It would have been nice.

Then again i think the Crows knew they were out there and the wildlings knew the crows knew they were out there..... wouldn't have made a difference.

I think so, yes.
Seemed like it to me.
You would think she might have mentioned that she saw where they were camped.
it was completely realistically actually that the dumb broad didn't.

Yes it is non-TV stuff, but virtually all of it is historical rather than plot-related. Plus since it is produced by the TV show I figured that sort of falls within the guidelines. I think there are some of these for other seasons as well.

I do also believe that most of this is stuff that has been discussed on the show, just fleshed out more. Plus it is cool to see the same event or item described from different perspectives.

I could definitely see this as an option. The last time we saw Stannis was at the bank, and he was the only leader taking a threat at the wall seriously. They got the cash and the boats so it would not surprise me at all to see his army make an appearance. I wouldn't think there's enough time in 1 episode (with all the other story lines that have to develop) to sacrifice and gain from demons, but there's definitely enough time for an intervention and for Davos to do what he told Stannis he would be necessary for... making strategic political collaborations between different parties (or something like that).
I have a feeling that at some point, Jon Snow is going to become the leader of the wildling army and re-establish the North as a force to be reckoned with. With 100,000 men he could have the number superiority that Robb didn't. He'll repay the Frey's and Bolton's for double crossing Robb and Cat.

I have a feeling that at some point, Jon Snow is going to become the leader of the wildling army and re-establish the North as a force to be reckoned with. With 100,000 men he could have the number superiority that Robb didn't. He'll repay the Frey's and Bolton's for double crossing Robb and Cat.
Ohhhh, I like this! :thumbup: Never occurred to me but now that you say it, it seems like a pretty obvious plot direction.

ETA: Does he even know about the Red Wedding yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we fleshed out who are the book readers posing as non-book readers yet? It's going to suck when one of these "theories" is exactly correct because that person actually read the books.

Have we fleshed out who are the book readers posing as non-book readers yet? It's going to suck when one of these "theories" is exactly correct because that person actually read the books.
I think anyone who mentions the interaction between Raistlin, Fizban,Zifnab and Gandalf are book readers. It will ruin the story for you if they do so beware of spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread