What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

Officer Pete Malloy said:
I can understand not remember the names of some of the GOT characters. There are like 11 different storylines going on at once (featuring numerous characters each) and not all of the characters appear in each episode.

But how in the hell do you not remember "Don Draper"? He's the main character and in every damn episode.

"So then that hairy little alien guy said something about eating the cat. It was hilarious."

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"
Remember that episode of Cheers where the fat guy who always sits at the end of the bar and drinks beer walked in and everyone yelled out his name? I think it was Biff or Flip, I can't remember.
Dont be so unsure of yourself, its defintely Biff.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
I can understand not remember the names of some of the GOT characters. There are like 11 different storylines going on at once (featuring numerous characters each) and not all of the characters appear in each episode.

But how in the hell do you not remember "Don Draper"? He's the main character and in every damn episode.

"So then that hairy little alien guy said something about eating the cat. It was hilarious."

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"
Remember that episode of Cheers where the fat guy who always sits at the end of the bar and drinks beer walked in and everyone yelled out his name? I think it was Biff or Flip, I can't remember.
Dont be so unsure of yourself, its defintely Biff.
:lmao:

Maik Jeaunz said:
you know how sometimes you leave your dog home alone for a long time and then you come home and it seems like he's pissed off at you? now imagine instead of a dog, it's two 5000-pound fire breathing dragons.

oh, and your most aggressive & dangerous pet is also nowhere to be found. hope you have liability insurance.
After your first paragraph,I seriously thought you were talking about where this thread went last night with the poop and all. Bunch of house dogs in here.

I hate that red witch. Ooooooh look at what my god does to you! No, you stupid whore, that's what fire does. It burns people. Everybody knows this.

I guess judging by what that witch, or whatever she was, told young Cersei, Tommen won't be around for long. Not that that's a shock. I guess her daughter too. Not sure if they'll get to that this season but I'm sure we'll hear from Oberyn's brother.

So Tyrion and Varys went across the Narrow Sea. They are at the home of Illyrio Mopatis, the same guy who organized giving Danys to Karl Drogo. Varys says "we tried to do what was best for the realm by supporting a Targeryan restoration. Thus began a chain of mistakes that have led us both here" What does that mean? How does Danys story affect what happened in Westeros?

Loved the pulling down of the winged statue. And the dragon scene was awesome. You have to think Danys will learn somehow how to control them. I doubt they would do this whole storyline with them just going wild on their own. Wonder where the third one is.

I thought Cersei was going to tell Loras to s.t.f.u. I actually liked that she took the high road right there. Interested to see who the sparrows and The Seven are.

Why are Stannis' wife and kid at Castle Black?

Did Jon kill Mance solely to spare him or was part of it because he wasn't dying with dignity?

"I never said you were perfect" :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Tyrion and Varys went across the Narrow Sea. They are at the home of Illyrio Mopatis, the same guy who organized giving Danys to Karl Drogo. Varys says "we tried to do what was best for the realm by supporting a Targeryan restoration. Thus began a chain of mistakes that have led us both here" What does that mean? How does Danys story affect what happened in Westeros?
I think I figured part of this out. Probably starting with Ned not wanting to assassinate Danys.

I thought the red witch told Stannis that his daughter needed to come with them on this journey, for good fortune or something like that.

I thought the red witch told Stannis that his daughter needed to come with them on this journey, for good fortune or something like that.
Makes sense that she talked Stannis into it. I'm sure she has a use for the daughter. Since she believes he's the "one true king", I guess his daughter's blood has value. Or does that not count since he was never crowned?

And not sure where Littlefinger is taking Sansa. I thought the note that was slipped to him might have been from Varys but she said they were heading west. I thought they might head east to meet up with Varys and Tyrion.

eta: I guess just getting her as far away from the ####storm as possible.

And not sure where Littlefinger is taking Sansa. I thought the note that was slipped to him might have been from Varys but she said they were heading west. I thought they might head east to meet up with Varys and Tyrion.

eta: I guess just getting her as far away from the ####storm as possible.
Should be interesting. I don't think we know anybody "out west" yet other than the Lanisters.

How much trouble is John Snow in with Stanis and the red witch? Showing up a king usually doesn't go over well.
I'm guessing Stanis isn't going to be thrilled about it but Think there are unwritten laws about touching men of the Knights watch.
And is there a play from Stannis to get to the Wildings thru Jon now?
Seems like the Knights Watch is split into two camps, one that hates the wildlings and one that has some sympathy. Pro wildlings seem to want Snow for the new Lord Commander. Anti wildlings wants some other dude. At least that's what I'm getting from that little speech from the onion knight. My guess is Stanis throws any power he has over the Knights watch behind Snow so they will let the wildlings through to fight for him.

Makes sense that she talked Stannis into it. I'm sure she has a use for the daughter. Since she believes he's the "one true king", I guess his daughter's blood has value. Or does that not count since he was never crowned?
He used his own blood to summon the thing that killed Renly.....she told him he was too weak to do it again to kill Joffery/Robb/Balon Greyjoy....so IIRC, she used Gendry's blood and then Robb was killed.

He used his own blood to summon the thing that killed Renly.....she told him he was too weak to do it again to kill Joffery/Robb/Balon Greyjoy....so IIRC, she used Gendry's blood and then Robb was killed.
Hmmm...I never thought to give her credit for the Red Wedding. Didn't put that together.

jamny said:
Thunderlips said:
Hmmm...I never thought to give her credit for the Red Wedding. Didn't put that together.
That Lord of Light works in mysterious ways.

Why did I think the Lord Commander died in the castle black attack?
I said the same thing to my wife last night. I guess we now know who died on the show but didn't die in the books.
There is no current Lord Commander.
The big mean dude we meant. The guy who was in charge before Stannis showed. He said Snow was right about the tunnel.
Add me to the list of those who thought this guy was dead in the attack last season.

I don't blame anyone for watching new leaked episodes, but I hate that it fractures the discussion here even more. The only good thing about the weekly format of TV is that it lends itself so well to discussion.

I don't blame anyone for watching new leaked episodes, but I hate that it fractures the discussion here even more. The only good thing about the weekly format of TV is that it lends itself so well to discussion.
Anybody watch all 4 leaked episodes yet? I'm on #3
Looks like we're gonna need a new thread.
I downloaded them, but havn't watched. Can't decide if I want to wait a whole month for new content. I may just wait it out.
I'm gonna watch episode 4 tonight. You waited 10 months with nothing... you can wait one month for six episodes.
I don't know why the fact they were leaked should stop any discussion. This is the TV thread, right? Spoiler tag it up, good to go... :P

Seriously though...c'mon HBO. Really? :no:

I downloaded them, but havn't watched. Can't decide if I want to wait a whole month for new content. I may just wait it out.
I'm gonna watch episode 4 tonight. You waited 10 months with nothing... you can wait one month for six episodes.
I don't know why the fact they were leaked should stop any discussion. This is the TV thread, right? Spoiler tag it up, good to go... :P

End of episode 4...

Not sure why Little Finger killed Arya by slashing her throat. Jon Stark is going to get him.

I looked up why that happened and apparently Maisie Williams (Arya) wanted out of Game of Thrones so they had to kill the character. However, seeing Khaleesi's (Emilia Clarke) boobies again was awesome.

End of episode 4...

Not sure why Little Finger killed Arya by slashing her throat. Jon Stark is going to get him.

I looked up why that happened and apparently Maisie Williams (Arya) wanted out of Game of Thrones so they had to kill the character. However, seeing Khaleesi's (Emilia Clarke) boobies again was awesome.
:thumbup:

If Tyrone was ticked off about being locked in a box for that long with holes in it, those dragons had to be pissed. No poop holes for them.

Danerys didn't run out because she was scared - she caught a major whiff of double dragon deuceage. Even a mom's got her hurling point...

If Tyrone was ticked off about being locked in a box for that long with holes in it, those dragons had to be pissed. No poop holes for them.

Danerys didn't run out because she was scared - she caught a major whiff of double dragon deuceage. Even a mom's got her hurling point...
Dragons don't poop. Why do you think they're so mean?

Users who are viewing this thread