What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**FFA POKER** (2 Viewers)

Also, it might just be easier for me to paypal everyone their money back and just give everyone access to run games when they want. Probably the best way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated the spread sheet. week 2 is below week one. DH and DM both paid me 10 bucks on Wednesday, I need to know who you are, on is probably Abraham/Orange. Second I will be on a flight tomorrow and made the usual suspects Admins, Sinn, Ref, Rude, SSlay, and Worm, maybe a few more too.
Not me. I won Monday night and should have a $60 balance in my ffa account. Dm is eeooman I think.

I updated the spread sheet. week 2 is below week one. DH and DM both paid me 10 bucks on Wednesday, I need to know who you are, on is probably Abraham/Orange. Second I will be on a flight tomorrow and made the usual suspects Admins, Sinn, Ref, Rude, SSlay, and Worm, maybe a few more too.
Not me. I won Monday night and should have a $60 balance in my ffa account.Dm is eeooman I think.
Did you play in two games?

I sent $10, initials DM. My screen name is CecilNewton. I had $20 buy ins, paid $10, was part of the $10 chop for 3rd/4th on the 2nd tourney I was in so the $10 payment should have me square.

I'm probably not going to be able to make it tomorrow night.
okay. I am going to make everyone admins to have access since I am paying out.
Not sure if you're doing this to make it easier on yourself or not, but I liked the concept o you holding some of the cash. I think going away from that leads to even more transactions.
Yeah I definitely agree that makes it easier. Collecting from someone heads up or 3-4 people isn't too bad, but to track down 20-30 and figure out who pays 1st, 2nd 3rd would be a PITA

Seems like the best strategy would be for you to hold $ for the Thursday & Sunday Night Scheduled Games (or whenever they are) since they tend to have a sizable crowd and will be regularly scheduled.

And then as people start side tourneys and heads up, they can work those transactions themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

Speaking on behalf of Uncle here... you guys have no idea how big of a pain in the #### the $$ is. I don't blame him for wanting to farm that out.

Speaking on behalf of Uncle here... you guys have no idea how big of a pain in the #### the $$ is. I don't blame him for wanting to farm that out.
Probably. But wasn't that his idea, along with the idea for the league? Not that it matters. If it isn't working out for him, then it isn't working out. I'm not surprised. It didn't last long the first time we set up an FBG league either.So, the concept now is what, you play and it's on the honor system to pay someone? For a big tourney, who pays money to the first place guy, who pays the second place, guy, etc? I'm kind of lost on the concept.

he did tell us he'd be travelling this week. We can either set it up ourselves and figure out the money or wait a week. No big deal either way.

This and the Otis fiasco drained me. Plus if I got another paypal without the pokerstars name in the body of the message I would shoot myself. It is much work with little help managing or from the people sending you money. Plus I can't always be around. I ran last week while I was traveling for work.

it would seem the best way to do something like this is to run it like keerock runs that lotto pool

people would make "deposits" to someone to hold onto the money to cover their entree fees for probably a month at a time. then that banker could settle up at the end of every month.

we'd have to have fewer tournaments on a more regular schedule most likely, but it would cut way down on the number of transactions.

it would seem the best way to do something like this is to run it like keerock runs that lotto pool people would make "deposits" to someone to hold onto the money to cover their entree fees for probably a month at a time. then that banker could settle up at the end of every month. we'd have to have fewer tournaments on a more regular schedule most likely, but it would cut way down on the number of transactions.
I agree 100% but my assumption was it would eliminate many from playing.

You can always suspend all members you did not pay for the month and there is no accounting on the day of the tourny. I can always go back and get the results the next day and see who signed up for the tourny and do the accounting then. But it also seems people want to run many days of the week, when we lock people out they have to go elsewhere to run and they are all signed in here. Plus when do you play? It eliminates flexiblity which might not be a bad thing for the league but for the players.

Edit to add: I am posting in the FFA sober Rude, that is for the next few hours. :)

well, we can control who gets into the poker club or not. So, only people who have a balance or are considered trustworthy would be allowed in.

Fewer tournaments on a set schedule would help ensure we get a good turnout. If people want to set up their own tourneys 5 times/night, that's on them. If they get their PP account shutdown as a result, then they are SOL.

well, we can control who gets into the poker club or not. So, only people who have a balance or are considered trustworthy would be allowed in. Fewer tournaments on a set schedule would help ensure we get a good turnout. If people want to set up their own tourneys 5 times/night, that's on them. If they get their PP account shutdown as a result, then they are SOL.
How many tournaments, what day(s)

well, we can control who gets into the poker club or not. So, only people who have a balance or are considered trustworthy would be allowed in. Fewer tournaments on a set schedule would help ensure we get a good turnout. If people want to set up their own tourneys 5 times/night, that's on them. If they get their PP account shutdown as a result, then they are SOL.
How many tournaments, what day(s)
up for discussion.

I think we used to do pretty well on Tuesday nights but not sure.

Can we merge the three threads please. PIA to keep up with all three.
probably best to have a separate thread for:

1. Otis brawls and heads up

2. random poker tourney stuff

3. Official league business
fixed. good idea
A lot of Otis was how I handled it. This seems good though. Worst part is I was so caught up in my #### I didn't get to sweat you. Let me know if you make it in the sat to the 5k.

You can always suspend all members you did not pay for the month and there is no accounting on the day of the tourny. I can always go back and get the results the next day and see who signed up for the tourny and do the accounting then. But it also seems people want to run many days of the week, when we lock people out they have to go elsewhere to run and they are all signed in here. Plus when do you play? It eliminates flexiblity which might not be a bad thing for the league but for the players.

Edit to add: I am posting in the FFA sober Rude, that is for the next few hours. :)
Create a new league, and change the password and only email the password to people that are paid. I realize that would be more work, but it's a way of controlling it. Maybe everyone must take a turn creating a league?

Create a new league, and change the password and only email the password to people that are paid. I realize that would be more work, but it's a way of controlling it. Maybe everyone must take a turn creating a league?
In the current league I can suspend people from registering for tournaments. No need for that.

Users who are viewing this thread