Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Tom Brady - bust alert (in 2013)

Lol.  Is padding stats against "bad" teams a new thing?  That's an amazing season for any QB, let alone one that is 43 and changed teams without a true off-season of OTAs and Training Camp.

We'll see against the Football Team.  Tom doesn't much care for pressure and his worst performances were against teams that brought it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In fairness to Brady, he moved to a team that has a much weaker cheating infrastructure than what he's grown accustomed to.  

Overrated fraud IMO. Won some SBs because his coach is a cheater. Lacks ideal size for the position. Slow and lacks arm strength. Not exceptionally bright; skates by on the basis of his good looks and

It almost seems as if Brady has made a Faustian bargain to retain his youth.  

11 hours ago, Andrew74 said:

It is interesting to break his stats down by teams with winning records vs losing.  Or playoff vs non-playoff teams.  He’s totally dominated losing/non-playoff teams; about as perfect as you can expect.  He’s  been mediocre to horrible vs the others.  TB has only played 4 teams with winning records for the season (5 playoff teams or maybe 6 if NYG makes it).   He should destroy the NFC East team in round one.  Can TB win on the road in the playoffs vs a winning team?  They will have to buck the season trend. 

Yesterday I heard a talking head (on radio) respond similarly when another talking head pointed out Brady was 80-0 with his team leading by 13 or more at halftime (no idea of if true stat, just using as an example). I find it interesting how tb can move to a new team in the most difficult of years, have a really good year and some have already decided if he doesn't lead the Bucs to at least the NFCCC game well you know he really kind of sux then. Confirmation bias, we all do it (certainly myself included, particularly with my fav player), but it does get pretty silly sometimes. Brady had a pretty good yr, not arod or mahomes good but pretty damn good. Bucs are in the playoffs for 1st time in 12yrs, but they had a really easy schedule and their 1st playoff game is against the nfc east, so even if they win it doesn't count. Unless of course they lose, in which case it will mean everything.  

Sigh, Bucs are capable of beating or losing to anyone in the playoffs and we shall see. Imho, those who believe the bucs are the same team they were 6 weeks ago want to believe that and do so at their own peril.

Im pretty darn happy i get to see him play in one more, maybe 2 games, especially with the yr the pats had. I know there aren't going to be many more of these so feel free to continue to pee down my back and telling me it's raining; I know better😉 

NFL Network's reports Tom Brady plans to play in 2021.

Brady is expected to return for the second year of a two-year contract he signed with the Bucs. He'll be 44 in August, but Brady didn't show much dropoff in his first season in Tampa, setting three-year highs in yards (4,633) and touchdowns (40). Brady will count $26.6 million against the cap if he returns in 2021.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Jan 9, 2021, 9:39 AM ET

Tom Brady completed 22-of-40 passes for 381 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Wild Card win over Washington.

As normal, Brady was a constant chain mover and avoided mistakes for all four quarters. He was under pressure in the second half after losing his starting right guard, but the Bucs offense looked fine overall despite Washington's front four and Ronald Jones' unexpected absence. Brady will be asked to pass a lot in the Divisional Round regardless of opponent. Right now, the Bucs are expected to head to New Orleans.

Jan 9, 2021, 11:28 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

• Like 1

When Max said the Brady was going to fall off the cliff. What he really meant was, Brady with standing on the cliff and saying good bye to other quarterbacks going over the cliff.

12 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Brady has made the Conference Championship game in 14 of his 19 seasons as a starter.

That's 74%. 

Regrettably I have to admit that he's by far the best QB ever and it's not even close.  But tonight's win had little to do with Brady. :shrug: 

Tom Brady completed 18-of-33 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' 30-20, Divisional Round win over the Saints.

He also rushed for a one-yard touchdown on a QB sneak in the fourth quarter following a Devin White interception, and it staked the Bucs to a commanding 30-20 lead that they wouldn't relinquish. Both Brady and Drew Brees struggled to move the ball most of the night, but it was Brady who came up with the needed big plays and took care of the football. His two touchdowns were a three-yarder to Mike Evans for Evans' only catch of the game, and the second was a six-yard hookup with Leonard Fournette. Brady and the Bucs will head to Green Bay next Sunday for the NFC title and a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. It will be Brady's 14th conference championship game.

Jan 17, 2021, 9:52 PM ET

Next Sunday, Tom Brady will start his 14th conference championship game

Brady has more conference championship wins (9) than any other QB has starts

Conference Championship Starts

Tom Brady - 14 (next Sunday)
Joe Montana - 7
John Elway - 6
Terry Bradshaw - 6
Roger Staubach - 6

7 minutes ago, Capella said:

Pretty good signing imo 

He had a couple of bad games (NOx2, LAR) and had trouble connecting on the long passes early in the season, but was great later in the season.  Brady's performance at age 43 is one of the great accomplishments in any sport.

• Like 1

Outside of 2-3 bad games where he looked like he was on acid or something (truly baffling  decisions/terrible throws) he has been Brady. What I admire most about Brady is the throws that aren’t caught. He puts the ball in places that only his receiver has a chance. Like the Godwin and Gronk throws today. Same with the short TD to Fournette. Low - the DB had no chance 

Brady's career post-season passing totals (basically 12,000 yards and 77 passing TDs) are higher than the regular season passing totals for the starting QBs on 16 NFL teams. That number could go up next year with several teams making moves at QB (Rivers retiring, Brees probably retiring, the Patriots unlikely to bring back Cam, the artist formally known as Redskins not sure what they will do, etc.).

On 9/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Faust said:

On 9/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Faust said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that the Saints and Bears both tried to sign Tom Brady in free agency.

Drew Brees was mulling retirement at the time and reportedly had an offer to become a broadcaster on Sunday Night Football. While his status with the Saints was in doubt, the team made a justified push to bring in Brady. However, Brees chose to return to New Orleans and the Brady talk subsided. Chicago tried as well but the team doesn't have the same caliber of weapons as Tampa Bay making the Buccaneers a more attractive choice for the 43-year-old passer. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 13, 2020, 10:43 AM ET

Interesting, Brady could have been playing for NO in last game.

11 hours ago, Faust said:

With a win, Brady (6-4 on the road in playoffs in career) would tie Joe Flacco (7) for the most road playoff wins by any QB in NFL history. Brady playing in just 10 postseason road games during his career (including the past two weeks) tells you just how dominant the Pats were for 20 years.

That snippet kind of jumped out at me, Brady only playing 10 road games in the playoffs and Flacco having the most post season road wins with 7😑

Lets try and digest all that for a moment (if memory serves me correctly):

How F'n dominant was NE that Brady only had to play 8 road games during all his time in NE

Prior to this yr Brady was 4-4 on the road in the playoffs, but 3 of those losses came in road afccc games. One loss being a 2pt 18-20 loss at Denver when Reche Caldwell might have been their best wr and another 2pt loss 34-36 to the Colts. Three of the afccc road wins were @pit (x2) and @kc

SBs aren't considered road games, but they aren't home games either (except, maybe this yr:) ) and Brady is 6-3 in those.

I guess what i'm saying is I will be very disappointed ifJoe Flacco's "record" for playoff road wins holds up after this yr, but its the game we all chose to follow. 

Tom Brady completed 20-of-36 passes for 280 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions in the Bucs' 31-26, NFC Championship Game win over the Packers. 

Well that settles (insert debate here). Brady's record-shattering 10th Super Bowl appearance will also be the first time a team has hosted the championship game in their home stadium. Practically flawless in the first half in Green Bay, Brady nearly gave the game away after the break, where he tossed all three of his interceptions. He went from excellent to flat-out bad, something he will have two weeks to chew on as he prepares to face either the Chiefs or Bills. Missing Antonio Brown today, Brady made up for AB's loss by finding Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller for big plays, including a 39-yard touchdown strike to Miller. Brady and the Bucs were rocky in their November loss to Patrick Mahomes' squad, yet they somehow almost pulled that one out, too. They did not face the Bills this season. 

Jan 24, 2021, 6:18 PM ET

I feel like the only person who even has a shot to overtake Brady as the GOAT around 20 years from now is Mahomes.  That’s obviously an extreme long shot.  It will be interesting if they face off in 2 weeks.  

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I feel like the only person who even has a shot to overtake Brady as the GOAT around 20 years from now is Mahomes.  That’s obviously an extreme long shot.  It will be interesting if they face off in 2 weeks.  

Why is he considered the GOAT? The Patriots were cheating for several years during their SB runs. I would put a crown on Adam Vinatieri on half of those games more than Tom Brady.

• Laughing 1

Brady maybe the GOAT. But has there been a luckier QB as well.

Seattle threw away a SB

ATL gave him one as well

This year he beat a poor Washington team, a noodle armed Brees and needed a questionable call today

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Seattle threw away a SB

ATL gave him one as well

This year he beat a poor Washington team, a noodle armed Brees and needed a questionable call today

Some of you guys are just pathetic.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Seattle threw away a SB

ATL gave him one as well

Has he been luckier than any QB ever?  Sure.  But you have to give it up at some point.  You don't make 10 Super Bowls by luck.

And for the record, Jerry Rice is still the football GOAT IMO (I have said that for as long as I can remember), but it is hard to argue for anyone other than Brady right now when it comes to the best QB ever.  He wasn't that guy five years ago, but his success in his late 30's and into his 40's has elevated that status. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Seattle threw away a SB

ATL gave him one as well

Always moving the goal posts with Brady lol. It’s okay, guys. He’ll be gone one day (maybe) and he won’t hurt you anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
13 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Seattle threw away a SB

ATL gave him one as well

This post makes all of your previous 7,392 posts worthless.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Yes, Brady has been incredibly lucky at times during his career and he has also worked his ### off his entire career. Luck is the residue of hard work and fortune favors the prepared mind.  

I'm a Steelers fan and for probably obvious reasons disliked Brady for most of his career. The last few years though I have learned to respect him and his accomplishments more and more. I might go as far to say that I am not annoyed that he's in the Super Bowl again.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

I'm a Steelers fan and for probably obvious reasons disliked Brady for most of his career. The last few years though I have learned to respect him and his accomplishments more and more. I might go as far to say that I am not annoyed that he's in the Super Bowl again.

Thanks man, i get the feeling a lot of the people who have hated him have come around this yr to respect the work he has put in and his accomplishments even if they are sick of seeing him in the sb. I think many hate him a little less, though the force is strong with the haters and still many more of them.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Thanks man, i get the feeling a lot of the people who have hated him have come around this yr to respect the work he has put in and his accomplishments even if they are sick of seeing him in the sb. I think many hate him a little less, though the force is strong with the haters and still many more of them.

I actually rooted for him to win yesterday - and I've been a "hater" for a long time (although was always willing to admit his greatness).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Agreed.  It bugs me more that Antonio Brown is in the Super Bowl

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Or Lev Bell? And ESPN is posting about it. It bothers me about Antonio because of the attitude, Lev because he hasn't really even contributed.

I don't care one way or the other about Bell.   AB getting a ring bugs me considering the BS he's pulled.

Tom Brady has an adjusted completion rate of 68.6 percent over his three 2021 postseason games. 

That marks a 6.5-point drop from his regular season adjusted completion rate, which accounts for throw aways, drops, spiked balls, batted passes, and passes where the quarterback was hit while he threw the ball, per Pro Football Focus. Only Russell Wilson -- who only played one playoff game -- has a lower adjusted completion rate this postseason. Brady and the Bucs made it out of Green Bay with a Super Bowl berth despite his three interceptions to go along with three touchdown tosses against one of the league's top secondaries. Brady hasn't gotten much help from his pass catchers, who have recorded a dozen drops in three postseason contests (the adjusted completion rate accounts for drops). The 43 year old's accuracy issues could pose problems for the Bucs offense in the Super Bowl against a Kansas City secondary that allowed the league's fourth lowest completion rate in 2020. 

Jan 25, 2021, 11:12 AM ET

I have never been a Brady fan, but always respected his accomplishments. Several years back, when there was still a legit Peyton-Brady debate, I was on the Peyton side of it. But I conceded a number of years ago that Brady had elevated himself into his own tier at the top of the all-time QBs.

No doubt, he benefitted immensely from many different circumstances not of his own creation, like going to the Patriots and playing so long for Belichick, the Tuck rule situation, etc. But he clearly worked extremely hard (and very smartly) to improve his game and his body and deserves huge credit for that. It seems clear now that his dedication to his fitness and nutrition methodology has really paid off. While all great NFL players have to put in a lot of hard work to succeed, it seems like Brady took it to another level, which is why he played so well this year at age 43.

Kudos to him. I very seriously doubt that anyone will ever come close to some of his accomplishments, like making 10 Super Bowls and 14 CCGs. I don't think there is anyone with accomplishments that are truly comparable in any team sport.

Edited by Just Win Baby
  • Like 2
On 1/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, Just Win Baby said:

I have never been a Brady fan, but always respected his accomplishments. Several years back, when there was still a legit Peyton-Brady debate, I was on the Peyton side of it. But I conceded a number of years ago that Brady had elevated himself into his own tier at the top of the all-time QBs.

No doubt, he benefitted immensely from many different circumstances not of his own creation, like going to the Patriots and playing so long for Belichick, the Tuck rule situation, etc. But he clearly worked extremely hard (and very smartly) to improve his game and his body and deserves huge credit for that. It seems clear now that his dedication to his fitness and nutrition methodology has really paid off. While all great NFL players have to put in a lot of hard work to succeed, it seems like Brady took it to another level, which is why he played so well this year at age 43.

Kudos to him. I very seriously doubt that anyone will ever come close to some of his accomplishments, like making 10 Super Bowls and 14 CCGs. I don't think there is anyone with accomplishments that are truly comparable in any team sport.

Exactly how I feel.  Good Post.

Luck flows both ways. Just recall the end of the 2 SBs v the Giants.

SB MVP awards are tough. Personally I probably would have given his 1st to Ty Law.

• Like 1

It’s going to be hilarious when he leads his team to the Super Bowl at least once and then plays two more years here and goes into the Hall also as a Tampa Bay Buc. :lmao: 

47 minutes ago, Capella said:

It’s going to be hilarious when he leads his team to the Super Bowl at least once and then plays two more years here and goes into the Hall also as a Tampa Bay Buc. :lmao: 

Brady isn't going to make the HOF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1