What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (3 Viewers)

Dont look now but brady is establishing rapport with KT and Dobson, Gronk is inbound and the defense is kicking ###. Tommy Toon and The Hoodie will remember all this trash talk come January. Carry on.
I wouldnt be all ga-ga about the pats defense, besides jacksonville I dont think you could of picked 3 worse offenses to go against.

Dont look now but brady is establishing rapport with KT and Dobson, Gronk is inbound and the defense is kicking ###. Tommy Toon and The Hoodie will remember all this trash talk come January. Carry on.
Well yeah, a month into the season. And his stats are at bust levels currently.

#26 .... Behind Ponder.
When did 3 weeks = a month?
Zing! Maybe he's QB#26-27... but 3 weeks is not a month!

(aside I think he was commenting that it's taking KT & Dobson about a month to be "NFL WRs" (maybe), and about a month for Gronk to get back (assuming he's in mid-season football form and conditioning despite not being able to train for about the last 8 months), and about a month (more?) for Amendola)

Well yeah, a month into the season. And his stats are at bust levels currently.

#26 .... Behind Ponder.
When did 3 weeks = a month?
Fixed. Both the amount of games played and his #27 standing.

I used to laugh every time I saw this thread, but props to the OP... he was dead on. This guy is killing me.

Gonna see if I can move him for Jackie Battle or Colt McCoy.

Rotoworld:

Tom Brady completed 13-of-22 passes for 116 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Patriots' Week 8 win over the Dolphins.
Through eight games, Brady is only on pace for an 18:12 TD-to-INT ratio on the season. He's much more likely to pick it up than finish at that projection over New England's final eight games. On Sunday, the Patriots attacked the Dolphins with the running game, finishing with 37 rushing attempts compared to Brady's 22 throws. Brady is headed for a difficult Week 9 matchup against Pittsburgh before a Week 10 bye. He'll be a low-end QB1 option versus the Steelers.

Maybe now they will rethink the ridiculously conservative gameplans.
I have to agree, was Ridley in trouble? Why didn't he play the first half? He is clearly the best back on the team right now and should be getting at least 65 % of the carries unless they are up 21 points and they are killing the clock.

I started him in two of the three leagues where I own him, but I am not gonna feel bad about the one, since he had been so awful before this week, and who thinks he will finally explode against the Steelers, of all defenses?

I started him in two of the three leagues where I own him, but I am not gonna feel bad about the one, since he had been so awful before this week, and who thinks he will finally explode against the Steelers, of all defenses?
Does this say more about the Patriots finally coming around or about how bad the Steelers are?§

Yes, Brady has sucked... but he looked his best yesterday. The Steelers are hurting but I think it's more the Pats coming around and a nicely balanced offense. The BYE week couldn't come at a better time to rest guys like Gronk and Amendola, get Vereen back- and see who can play D. WIth both Gronk and Amendola the offense really opens up. Dobson finally made a play or two, Edelman is a threat, Ridley looks good. With the D hurting they may have to really air it out in the weeks to come. I've been surprised at how Thompkins has been phased out (healthy scratch yesterday) but I'd think he should factor. Haven't seen Boyce much at all. Brady should be good going forward and may save a couple fantasy seasons but alas, probably not mine. I don't care as long as they are a playoff force to contend with.

Brady's fantasy QB ranks in most of my leagues, by week:

17, 27, 18, 7, 27, 19, 27, 22, 2 (currently)

That's 1 great week, 1 startable week, 4 poor weeks, and 3 disastrous weeks. He's going to have to be perfect from here on out to finish as a good QB, and even then it may not be enough for some people that needed good weeks early in the season.

Currently on pace for 4,010 yards/23 TDs. He might end up a bit higher than that since he's trending upwards. But still looks like QB10-20 when year-end stats are compiled. Of course, that won't tell the whole story, because it looks like he's going to have been a less-than-QB2 for half the season, and then a mid-to-low-end QB1 for the final 1/3rd of the season.

ETA - realized there are a few other factors. Brady hasn't had his bye yet (until this week), and several other QBs have missed a game or two. On PPG basis, he's QB28 in one of my leagues.... can that be right? Or is it not including the last game??

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, but that is including guys like Keenum, Cassel, Foles, etc., all of whom have only played a handful of games. Among quarterbacks who have played in all of his team's games, he is 18th. Still not great, when you consider how many pts he up yesterday, but just offering some context. If Gronk and Amendola stay healthy, and Vereen comes back and is good to go, Brady is easily a top 5 guy the rest of the way. How dumb do those people look now who thought he was droppable?

Deamon said:
MoveToSkypager said:
MFL has him at 27th in ppg QBs in most of my leagues. That's including yesterday.
Ya you can't go ppg, like the other poster said. He's still 13th QB in total fantasy points this year.
Total fantasy points is a mirage because Brady hasn't had his bye week yet. Fine by me if you want to take out Keenum, Foles and Ponder. If it makes you feel better, we can just say he's averaging more than 3 ppg less than RG3, who is the 14th QB. Which ever way you want to look at it, the first half of the season has been an abortion for people that wanted to start Brady.

Deamon said:
MoveToSkypager said:
MFL has him at 27th in ppg QBs in most of my leagues. That's including yesterday.
Ya you can't go ppg, like the other poster said. He's still 13th QB in total fantasy points this year.
Total fantasy points is a mirage because Brady hasn't had his bye week yet. Fine by me if you want to take out Keenum, Foles and Ponder. If it makes you feel better, we can just say he's averaging more than 3 ppg less than RG3, who is the 14th QB. Which ever way you want to look at it, the first half of the season has been an abortion for people that wanted to start Brady.
Forgot he hasn't had his bye. Yikes, he's much lower then I thought he was.

MoveToSkypager said:
Brady's fantasy QB ranks in most of my leagues, by week:

17, 27, 18, 7, 27, 19, 27, 22, 2 (currently)

That's 1 great week, 1 startable week, 4 poor weeks, and 3 disastrous weeks. He's going to have to be perfect from here on out to finish as a good QB, and even then it may not be enough for some people that needed good weeks early in the season.
:hey: says the now 3-6 Brady owner.

I think I'm done with drafting guys in the QB4-7 range from now on - I unconsciously put them on waaaaay too long a leash based on name and ADP, and by the time they turn it around, it's usually too late. It happened to me with Cam last year, and with Brady this year (and probably would have happened with Kaep, too, if I hadn't lucked into Dalton as a backup).

I'm either reaching for a Rodgers / Brees who I know will produce, or I'm waiting on the full-on QBBC types whom I won't have any qualms about kicking to the curb after a couple of subpar performances.

Has the bust alert been downgraded from red to amber now?
It's 100% clear that he WAS a bust. It's also looking likely that he'll have a nice run over the next 3-4 fantasy regular season games. If you're 3-6 like the guy above, it might not help much. There's no gray area here - Brady busted this year. He's likely to salvage decent year end stats, but that's going to be a factor of (1) playing all 16 games and (2) having a nice 1/3 of the fantasy regular season. Remember, if a QB plays in all 16 games, his realistic floor is probably around QB20-24 because he's got a leg up on everyone else who missed time.

Why not?

What's the argument for throwing out the likes of Foles, Keenum, Ponder, etc.? If they are better than Brady on a PPG basis.... then you probably could've fielded a better team by grabbing whatever junk was available on the WW each week and starting it at QB rather than going to Tom Terrific. How is that an argument in his favor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Three busted coverages by Pittsburgh(due to Polomula guessing) resulted in 2 Amendola TDs and Dobson's TD. Three TDs and 175+ passing yards.

Three busted coverages by Pittsburgh(due to Polomula guessing) resulted in 2 Amendola TDs and Dobson's TD. Three TDs and 175+ passing yards.
guess this will be the last game brady ever takes advantage of busted coverage

what was polamalu guessing about?

The game was so out of hand they took away one of Amendola's touchdowns? I had to start him and it only shows him for 1 in my league.

In my 12 team league Brady was released last week before his big game and I used a high wavier to grab him...I already have Luck at QB, but I could not pass up adding Brady at this point.

One reason for thinking about a bounceback? Brady's private quarterback coach Tom House told Sirius XM he thinks it was mechanics causing the Patriots QB's struggles.

"As he's getting a little older you lose a little strength, you lose a little flexibility," House said, via the Boston Globe. "And what was happening was he was noticing that his accuracy and his long ball weren't what they were three or four years ago. So we ran him through the computer, compared him to the models we have created for movement efficiency, and there were really, really small things that were causing his issues."

Users who are viewing this thread