What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Tom Brady's level of input into the offense has dwindled of late.

Mortensen was talking about game planning, pre-snap adjustments and personnel packages. He also added that Brady is "uncomfortable" with some of the changes to personnel and the coaching staff, something that comes on the heels of the Patriots using a second-round pick on QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Things continue to get uglier and uglier in New England following the Monday night debacle in Kansas City. We're not expecting it to get better in a tough spot against the Bengals Sunday night.

Related: Jimmy Garoppolo

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Oct 5 - 12:43 PM

Rotoworld:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Tom Brady's level of input into the offense has dwindled of late.

Mortensen was talking about game planning, pre-snap adjustments and personnel packages. He also added that Brady is "uncomfortable" with some of the changes to personnel and the coaching staff, something that comes on the heels of the Patriots using a second-round pick on QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Things continue to get uglier and uglier in New England following the Monday night debacle in Kansas City. We're not expecting it to get better in a tough spot against the Bengals Sunday night.

Related: Jimmy Garoppolo

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Oct 5 - 12:43 PM
Report: Offensive changes have led to tensions with Tom Brady, coaches

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, now that I traded this turd away it will actually be fun to watch this game tonight and to watch Brady continue his horrific play.

On someone else's team. :)

Now watch Brady TEAR IT UP TONIGHT BC I said that lol.

I must say, now that I traded this turd away it will actually be fun to watch this game tonight and to watch Brady continue his horrific play.

you might've made a mistake.

If you notice the difference between elite fantasy QBs and the ones who are not. Manning, Rodgers Brees and Rivers throw at the GL, Brady hands it off every single time.

How so, by trading him away? No way. I got cutler. I'd rather have cutler than Brady this year no question. I've suffered for 4 games of bottom one barrel production from my qb spot. Brady is dead to me. Lol

How so, by trading him away? No way. I got cutler. I'd rather have cutler than Brady this year no question. I've suffered for 4 games of bottom one barrel production from my qb spot. Brady is dead to me. Lol
Did you only draft one QB?

Did you only draft one QB?
Yes...I drafted Brady. I thought I'd be ok. What a colossal clusterf&ck it has been.

Jerry Curl said:
Tool said:
rickyg said:

If you notice the difference between elite fantasy QBs and the ones who are not. Manning, Rodgers Brees and Rivers throw at the GL, Brady hands it off every single time.
Quoting my own post to even point out that they just ran it on 3rd and goal with the half ending. Just amazing.

Jerry Curl said:
Tool said:
rickyg said:

Quoting my own post to even point out that they just ran it on 3rd and goal with the half ending. Just amazing.
If this isn't the dumbest post in this thread, its in the running. -10/10 would not suffer through reading it again.

Jerry Curl said:
Tool said:
rickyg said:

If this isn't the dumbest post in this thread, its in the running. -10/10 would not suffer through reading it again.
Jerry Curl said:
Tool said:
rickyg said:

What he said wasn't a knock on Brady as a quarterback, just as a fantasy QB. The Pats do run a lot at the GL (which isn't a bad thing) while some of those other QBs "pad their stats" because they throw it from in close.

Jerry Curl said:
Tool said:
rickyg said:

What he said wasn't a knock on Brady as a quarterback, just as a fantasy QB. The Pats do run a lot at the GL (which isn't a bad thing) while some of those other QBs "pad their stats" because they throw it from in close.
This is exactly my point, maybe he did not understand or miss that I said "fantasy wise."

To your point, Brady has 14 rushing TDs, pretty sure they all came from within 5 yards.

He has 65 passing touchdowns within 3 yards. 110 within 4-9 yards. 79 within 10-19.

To draw a comparison, Peyton whos got 3 more years on Brady has 82 within 3 yards, 118 from within 4-9 and 120 from within 10-19.

This is exactly my point, maybe he did not understand or miss that I said "fantasy wise."
Nah I was commenting on specifically how dumb your point was in regards to fantasy or otherwise.

To your point, Brady has 14 rushing TDs, pretty sure they all came from within 5 yards.He has 65 passing touchdowns within 3 yards. 110 within 4-9 yards. 79 within 10-19.

To draw a comparison, Peyton whos got 3 more years on Brady has 82 within 3 yards, 118 from within 4-9 and 120 from within 10-19.

Nah I was commenting on specifically how dumb your point was in regards to fantasy or otherwise.
Maybe the numbers won't bear it out now either, but my guess is he meant more recently - because I don't think anyone would argue Brady wasn't an elite fantasy QB prior to the last two seasons. He was consistently ranked in the top 3-5 before last year.

If you say so, but someone is even trying to explain it to you as if you are a two year old after they understood it and you still dont understand, someone else even liked my initial post so maybe it is not dumb. Maybe you are just angry or dislike me because your attack was unwarranted and looks exactly like what someone who was looking for an argument would do, I believe they call them trolls.

I hope you have a better day today that is full of less name calling and anger. :P

You're welcome. I finally sat him so he had a good game.
I straight dropped him. I want some credit too lolol

Apparently he doesnt need mannings weopons. Hasnt for a decade.
This season Brady has thrown 6 TD's in 5 games.

Peyton has thrown 12 TD's in 4 games.

A decade? I think Randy Moss and healthy Gronk qualify as "Manning-level" weapons. And of course one of Manning's weapons is Welker, who most people think was better for Brady than he is now, later in his career, for Manning.

Kudos to Brady for playing well last night.

He is now 22nd among quarterbacks who've played all of their team's games in fantasy points per week. In other words, still a bust according to what his ADP was.

Or, his best game of the year last night still wasn't as good as the games had yesterday by Brian Hoyer and Austin Davis. :lol:

He is now 22nd among quarterbacks who've played all of their team's games in fantasy points per week. In other words, still a bust according to what his ADP was.

Or, his best game of the year last night still wasn't as good as the games had yesterday by Brian Hoyer and Austin Davis. :lol:
Yep. In leagues who just had their playoffs this week, Brady is absolutely a bust for the season.

NE receivers were running open all over the field and Brady did a good job of reading the defense and finding them. He still has big-time accuracy issues though and missed on at least 5 or 6 passes last night that should have been simple completions (at least several of which were simple 5 yard outs that he was dead on target on consistently for the majority of his career).

As long as the accuracy issues continue he's going to keep having some really bad games when those misses aren't supplemented by a bunch of other opportunities in a game they're dominating. Still hard to rely on him in fantasy. Even this week in his lone good week of the year was the #6 QB in scoring (with two guys still left to play).

Worries me that they scored 43 points and seemed to move the ball at will and Brady was still sub 300 and had only 2 TDs. This is the kind of game Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Luck etc would have had 400 and 4 TDs.

The pats had to score 43 points for brady to be fantasy relevant. Even then he only had 2tds and less than 300 yds

Tom Brady was listed as questionable Friday for the New England Patriots’ game at Buffalo on Sunday because of an ankle injury.

The quarterback was listed as having limited participation in practice Friday. He wasn’t on the club’s injury report Wednesday or Thursday.

Brady hasn’t missed a game since a season-ending knee injury in the 2008 opener. He had his best game of the season Sunday night, throwing for 292 yards and two touchdowns in a victory over Cincinnati.

Rookie Jimmy Garoppolo is Brady’s backup.

If you say so, but someone is even trying to explain it to you as if you are a two year old after they understood it and you still dont understand, someone else even liked my initial post so maybe it is not dumb. Maybe you are just angry or dislike me because your attack was unwarranted and looks exactly like what someone who was looking for an argument would do, I believe they call them trolls.

I hope you have a better day today that is full of less name calling and anger. :P
First of all, I didn't call you names, I very specifically was pointing out how your post was not only wrong, it was dumb. It wasn't dumb because it was wrong, it was dumb because if you watched the Pats play more than one game you would have seen how often Brady throws inside the 5.

People love to throw around hyperbolic claims, myself included. But when you say everytime, and you actually mean your handful of casual observations - someones probably gonna call you out.

There are plenty of reasons to not lump Brady in with 'elite' fantasy QBs. Whether or not he throws inside the 5 isn't one of them.

Yep. In leagues who just had their playoffs this week, Brady is absolutely a bust for the season.
It's an uphill battle to make the playoffs when you get ~QB30 points from your starting QB for the first 4 weeks of the season.

Playoffs? You want to talk about...playoffs?

It's an uphill battle to make the playoffs when you get ~QB30 points from your starting QB for the first 4 weeks of the season. Playoffs? You want to talk about...playoffs?
My point, as stated earlier, is that Brady had a very strong 2nd half of the season last year and is showing signs of breaking into a good starting QB earlier this year. Brady owners were rewarded last season by holding him, and there are signs he'll have the same type of season this year - and can be had relatively cheaply - though last week may have ratcheted up his value now.

Rotoworld:

Tom Brady completed 27-of-37 passes for 361 yards and four touchdowns in Sunday's 37-22 win over the Bills.

With Stevan Ridley leaving early and the Patriots struggling to establish a running game, Brady carried New England to a win. He led the Patriots to five straight scoring drives in the second half, including two fourth-quarter touchdowns to Brandon LaFell. Brady's best throw was a 43-yard touchdown to Brian Tyms into triple coverage. He's now bounced back in consecutive weeks, and has six touchdowns over his last two games. Brady will be back on the in QB1 radar in Week 7 against the Jets.

Oct 12 - 4:38 PM

Worries me that they scored 43 points and seemed to move the ball at will and Brady was still sub 300 and had only 2 TDs. This is the kind of game Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Luck etc would have had 400 and 4 TDs.
Good work on the reverse jinx. :hifive:

I'm having some very serious anger issues rt now with Brady. I need to step away and do some deep breathing exercises so I can stop wishing for his untimely death in a variety of sordid torturous ways.

Traded him and gronk for cutler literally 3 days before they played cincy last week. Freaking guy breaks out immediately after.

Grrrrrrrrr

On my bench 2 weeks straight after 4 stinkers in a row. 6 td's later, let's hope Eli doesn't poop the bed tonight.
:thumbdown:
2 weeks ago, started Brady in KC with Eli on my bench. Result, 40 for Manning, 6 for Brady. 2 weeks later, I do the opposite with the same result, 6 for Manning, 38 for Brady. Not understanding the recent huge upturn beyond the usual "it's not supposed to happen this way, so obviously, that's exactly how it will go". Should just look for the bad matchup instead of the logical one.

Karma, Wilson got dropped in his bye week, so I picked him up, handed the previous owner his only loss by starting Wilson. Dropped Brady before his game against Cincy, this week my opponent picks him up with Brees on bye and it looks like he'll come out with a win thanks to TFB.

second straight killer performance, Ridley hurt (should mean more passing), best defensive player Mayo hurt (should weaken the defense and cause them to give up more points)...it was a good day to be a Brady owner yesterday. If some of you guys cut him after KC go ahead and kick yourselves.

second straight killer performance, Ridley hurt (should mean more passing), best defensive player Mayo hurt (should weaken the defense and cause them to give up more points)...it was a good day to be a Brady owner yesterday. If some of you guys cut him after KC go ahead and kick yourselves.
Nearly did exactly that. Decided that instead of cutting him for some schmoe like Tannehill, to hold on 2 or 3 more and see if last season's second half surge could happen again. I don't know if it's that but it's looking a heck of a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread