What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (1 Viewer)

I'd put him behind Wilson, Mahomes and Rodgers.  Possibly even Josh Allen but I see that trajectory changing.  This is Russ's year - he's never even had a single vote before and he'll be on a mission (despite last night's hiccup).  
I'd drop him a little further after yesterday's performance.  Yeesh.  Well the offensive line did him no favors but that was brutal.  

This season is producing random results.  Tampa crushes Green Bay and then gets crushed by New Orleans.  Seattle looks like the class of the league and then Buffalo slaps them in the face.  New England plays Seattle and KC (w/o Cam) close and then has to get lucky to beat the Jets.  The NFC East winner may advance with 6 or 7 wins?

Makes for interesting football....depending on whether or not you lament loss of quality product :)

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Yup. Bank on one of his biggest games of the year. He's going to dissect that vulnerable Panther secondary. 
The matchup data says this is a poor one for TB WRs, but something tells me the data lies. 

Was just reading an article on ESPN about how the matchups for Evans and AB are solid. Don't quite get it.

Regardless of the matchup, I think Brady is laser focused. And if Arians has a brain in his head, he keeps Gronk/Brate in to block and let those WRs do their damage.

Am I the only one who can't stand Arians? there is something about this guy that makes me want to slap him every time the cameras are on him. He has that face of someone you just meet and you already know he's an A hole....

The guy throws everyone under the bus every time the team loses but never acknowledge his own shortcomings on some crappy game decisions. God I can't stand the guy.

Tom Brady completed 28-of-39 passes for 341 yards and three touchdowns, adding another rushing score, in the Bucs' 46-23 Week 10 win over the Panthers.

The box score is very kind to Brady, but his receivers bailed him out on a number of off target throws and he missed a few other open receivers for big gains. One example, Antonio brown was streaking across the middle of the field and TB12 overthrew him by five yards in the wrong direction. Still, this is the type of stat line that is always possible with Brady throwing to a wealth of playmakers. He remains a top 12 option at the position in Week 11 against the Rams.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Brady completed just 26-of-48 passes for 216 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Bucs' 27-24, Week 11 loss to the Rams Monday night.

Brady's 62.5 passer rating was his second-worst of the season, and he's now posted a pair of duds in two of the last three weeks after the Bucs were blasted by the Saints in prime time two weeks ago. His two interceptions were deep shots down the middle, one an under-throw in the third quarter where he was hit on the play, and the other overthrown in the fourth quarter on the Bucs' final drive. Rookie Jordan Fuller recorded both picks. Brady has a 5:5 TD:INT mark over the last three weeks, and his 54% completion rate in this one was a season low. Brady's two scores went to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Brady will try to rebound next week at home against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.

- Rotoworld
Greg Auman @gregauman

Arians said Brady might be getting confused by coverages with misreads resulting in inaccurate throws in recent games, but he hasn't seen it in practice.

Tom Brady is 0-for-19 on pass attempts of 20-plus yards over the past month. 

That's a 0.0 quarterback rating if you're counting at home. It's an area where the stats match the eye test, as Brady has been throwing one wounded dove after another whenever he ventures beyond the second level of the defense. Coach Bruce Arians has said Brady might be confused by the coverages, which, yikes. Despite decent overall statistics, Brady is beginning to look like a weak link on an otherwise dominant roster. Brady has made like Lazarus more than once in his career. He needs to now more than ever. The Chiefs are on deck for Week 12. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 24, 2020, 1:34 PM ET

That INT was awful 
Which one? Both 2nd half picks were inexcusably terrible... Wentz-like... rookie mistakes.

Always risks it, and rarely gets the biscuit (BA that is). If Tampa wanted a strong-armed QB to chuck it down the field every other possession... should have stayed with Winston (seriously).

Shame to watch his career ending this way...sure looks like he's having fun not playing football in New England !

He was never a deep ball thrower even with Randy Moss now trying to develop into the mad bomber just don't understand it, Tampa Bay has the most talented players he's ever been with and all of a sudden he's the weak link. Don't get me wrong their OL isn't very good their best games were using Jones as the full-time feature back with Evans & Godwin healthy and getting the bulk of the looks. My opinion is there's to many guys he's trying to please and has a conscience as he had a part with both Gronk & AB coming to town and feel he's  has  to go out of his way to keep them involved especially AB who has a bonus clause in his contract if he averages 6 catches a game I'm sure if he's not getting them Tommy will be hearing about it in his sleep.  Arians said it best TE' s don't catch passes in this offense that's the WR job then why are TE's running 30 yards downfield keep them in the help pass block ! Need to be more imaginative getting the rb out in pass patterns Shady just standing on the sidelines why waste him not these little swing passes with hopes Fournette  can run someone over he doesn't seem to elusive.  

Better coaching with lesser talent, more discipline & being held accountable might not have been fun in New England but sure proved to be a winning concept.

​

Shame to watch his career ending this way...sure looks like he's having fun not playing football in New England !

He was never a deep ball thrower even with Randy Moss now trying to develop into the mad bomber just don't understand it, Tampa Bay has the most talented players he's ever been with and all of a sudden he's the weak link. Don't get me wrong their OL isn't very good their best games were using Jones as the full-time feature back with Evans & Godwin healthy and getting the bulk of the looks. My opinion is there's to many guys he's trying to please and has a conscience as he had a part with both Gronk & AB coming to town and feel he's  has  to go out of his way to keep them involved especially AB who has a bonus clause in his contract if he averages 6 catches a game I'm sure if he's not getting them Tommy will be hearing about it in his sleep.  Arians said it best TE' s don't catch passes in this offense that's the WR job then why are TE's running 30 yards downfield keep them in the help pass block ! Need to be more imaginative getting the rb out in pass patterns Shady just standing on the sidelines why waste him not these little swing passes with hopes Fournette  can run someone over he doesn't seem to elusive.  

Better coaching with lesser talent, more discipline & being held accountable might not have been fun in New England but sure proved to be a winning concept.

​
It was an odd match when they signed him and it's an odd match now. The best coaches adapt their offense to their best players. Should have spent the entire offseason adjusting the playbook to Brady's strengths. 

Tom Brady completed 27-of-41 passes for 345 yards, three touchdowns, and two interceptions in the Bucs' 27-24, Week 12 loss to the Chiefs.

Brady was having another game to forget before somewhat garbage-timing his way to a pair of fourth-quarter touchdown passes to Mike Evans from 31 and seven yards out when Tampa entered the final 15 minutes down 27-10. Brady's other touchdown pass was a 37-yarder to Ronald Jones in the second quarter where Jones did all the work to tightrope the left sideline to the end zone. Brady has now tossed eight interceptions over the last four games after tossing just four total Weeks 1-8. Brady doesn't look quite right at the moment and has five more weeks to get it together before the playoffs, though the Bucs have lost three straight games. Brady gets an easy Week 13 date with the Vikings

- Rotoworld

NFL playoffs 2020 concern index: Should we be worried about Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson?

Excerpt:

TOM BRADY, QB, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Even with the opening-week loss to the Saints — the Bucs' apparent boogeyman this season — Brady has looked like a perfect fit in Bruce Arians' Tampa Bay offense. And while the results have tapered off in the second half of the season, there is reason to look at the glass as half full.

During this rough stretch, Brady just hasn't been able to connect on deep passes, a staple in Arians' scheme. In his first four games, Brady's passer rating on deep passes (passes thrown 20-plus yards in the air downfield) was 114.5, eighth best in the league, and it might have been first if not for three drops by his receivers. His deep passing grade was tied with Russell Wilson for tops in the league over that span.

There were warning signs after the Bears game, in which he put up a goose egg in the deep pass completions column, but he followed that game by going 4-of-9 in his next two. However, his next four games were abysmal, as he completed only one deep ball on 23 attempts. The Tampa Bay offense suffered as a result, because this is an Arians offense that thrives off these types of plays. It's not the surgical dink-and-dunk stuff of late-era-Patriots Brady.

Still, we believe deep-ball passing tends to fluctuate year to year and even game to game. Brady responded by completing four deep passes against Kansas City for 152 yards. Brady probably sits somewhere between his dreadful four-game stretch recently and his great four-game stretch to start the season, so the chances are that he'll be fine going forward.

Tom Brady completed 15-of-23 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns in Tampa Bay's 26-14 Week 14 win over the Vikings.

Brady's mental clock broke in this one, forcing him to unnecessarily rush throws and sail wide-open receivers on multiple occasions in the first half; it was as if the team learned nothing over the bye through the first quarter. But Brady eventually settled to find Scotty Miller, who burned Chris Jones' coverage for a 48-yard touchdown to lend the Bucs an early 7-6 lead. Brady later tossed his 30th touchdown of the season to Rob Gronkowski for a two-yard score. Vikings K Dan Bailey left 10 points on the board due to three missed field goals and a whiffed extra point, but Minnesota didn't do anything on defense (especially sans Eric Kendricks) to convince they could have pulled this one off. Week 15 offers Brady another cushy matchup (that he can hopefully perform better in) against Atlanta's secondary.

- Rotoworld

Tom Brady completed 31-of-45 passes for 390 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' 31-27, Week 15 win over the Falcons.

It was a tale of two halves for Brady and the Bucs, who went into the break down 17-0. Brady was definitely off in the first 30 minutes, missing open throws and taking some sacks behind a leaky line that was missing LT Donovan Smith. But in true Falcons fashion, the Atlanta defense caved after the half, and Brady found Chris Godwin for a four-yard score and Antonio Brown over the top for a 46-yarder. Mike Evans was also tackled at the one- and six-yard lines ahead of Leonard Fournette rushing scores, so Brady's day could have been even bigger. Brady's 390 yards marked a new season high, and he now gets a juicy Week 16 draw with the Lions, who Ryan Tannehill just blasted for five touchdowns in Week 15.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:33 PM ET

Since all the old Patriots threads apparently got purged . . .

New England finds themselves with 7 passing TD by their QBs this season with one game left to play. (They had another TD pass from a WR.). Since the league moved to a 16 game schedule in 1978, fewest TD passes thrown by QB:

1995 TBB - 5
2000 CIN - 6
2006 OAK - 7
1999 PHI - 7
1993 CHI - 7
1979 KCC - 7
1978 KCC - 7
1978 CHI - 7

Cam Newton's ratio of 5 passing TD to 12 rushing TD is so out of phase there isn't another QB in the past 50 years even close to that.

I'm not sure TB12 would have guided NE to the playoffs this year. They had too many other issues.

Hell of an exciting year. Couldn’t be more thrilled he’s here. Hope there is a deep playoff run in the team. 

Tom Brady completed 26-of-41 passes for 399 yards and four touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 17 win over the Falcons.

Brady's lone interception came on a pass that Scott Miller had in his hands and coughed up to a waiting defender. If it weren't for that mistake on Miller's part, this might have been a perfect day for Brady. He routinely picked apart the Falcons secondary on deep plays including three scores from 25 or more yards out. The biggest concern for the Brady and the Bucs will be Mike Evans' health. Evans was ruled out shortly after going down with a knee injury in the first half. Luckily for Brady, he cleared found a rhythm with Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown, both of whom topped 100 yards and found the end zone. Brady will face off against the winner of the NFC East which will either the Giants or Washington depending on what happens in Washington's Sunday night game.

- Rotoworld

@gregauman Bucs QB Tom Brady finishes 2020 with 40 touchdowns, just the 15th 40-TD passing season in NFL history (Russell Wilson needs two today to be the 16th). Brady is 43 -- the next-oldest 40-TD season is Aaron Rodgers this year and Peyton Manning in 2013 -- both 37 when they did it.

awesome 

He's clearly washed.

Nice year. Too bad about Evans today. I guess we'll have to wait on that, but that didn't look good. Puts a serious dent in Tampa chances if he's out.

It is interesting to break his stats down by teams with winning records vs losing.  Or playoff vs non-playoff teams.  He’s totally dominated losing/non-playoff teams; about as perfect as you can expect.  He’s  been mediocre to horrible vs the others.  TB has only played 4 teams with winning records for the season (5 playoff teams or maybe 6 if NYG makes it).   He should destroy the NFC East team in round one.  Can TB win on the road in the playoffs vs a winning team?  They will have to buck the season trend. 

It is interesting to break his stats down by teams with winning records vs losing.  Or playoff vs non-playoff teams.  He’s totally dominated losing/non-playoff teams; about as perfect as you can expect.  He’s  been mediocre to horrible vs the others.  TB has only played 4 teams with winning records for the season (5 playoff teams or maybe 6 if NYG makes it).   He should destroy the NFC East team in round one.  Can TB win on the road in the playoffs vs a winning team?  They will have to buck the season trend. 
4600 yards and 40 touchdowns. Come on already. 

4600 yards and 40 touchdowns. Come on already. 
:shrug:  Didn't way it wasn't a good stat line, especially for a QB his age.  But you can't deny he's been really mediocre against good teams.  A month ago they played good teams and TB went 1-3, losing all those games at home.  He's racked up 25% of his total yards and TDs the past 3 games vs. two bottomfeeders.  I'm interested to see what team shows up in the playoffs.

:shrug:  Didn't way it wasn't a good stat line, especially for a QB his age.  But you can't deny he's been really mediocre against good teams.  A month ago they played good teams and TB went 1-3, losing all those games at home.  He's racked up 25% of his total yards and TDs the past 3 games vs. two bottomfeeders.  I'm interested to see what team shows up in the playoffs.
Do you do this kind of breakdown for Mahomes in the afc west and Rodgers in the nfc north? 

btw they walloped the nfc #1 seed and lost by 3 to the afc #1 seed. 

Lol.  Is padding stats against "bad" teams a new thing?  That's an amazing season for any QB, let alone one that is 43 and changed teams without a true off-season of OTAs and Training Camp.

We'll see against the Football Team.  Tom doesn't much care for pressure and his worst performances were against teams that brought it.

Yesterday I heard a talking head (on radio) respond similarly when another talking head pointed out Brady was 80-0 with his team leading by 13 or more at halftime (no idea of if true stat, just using as an example). I find it interesting how tb can move to a new team in the most difficult of years, have a really good year and some have already decided if he doesn't lead the Bucs to at least the NFCCC game well you know he really kind of sux then. Confirmation bias, we all do it (certainly myself included, particularly with my fav player), but it does get pretty silly sometimes. Brady had a pretty good yr, not arod or mahomes good but pretty damn good. Bucs are in the playoffs for 1st time in 12yrs, but they had a really easy schedule and their 1st playoff game is against the nfc east, so even if they win it doesn't count. Unless of course they lose, in which case it will mean everything.  

Sigh, Bucs are capable of beating or losing to anyone in the playoffs and we shall see. Imho, those who believe the bucs are the same team they were 6 weeks ago want to believe that and do so at their own peril.

Im pretty darn happy i get to see him play in one more, maybe 2 games, especially with the yr the pats had. I know there aren't going to be many more of these so feel free to continue to pee down my back and telling me it's raining; I know better😉 

NFL Network's reports Tom Brady plans to play in 2021.

Brady is expected to return for the second year of a two-year contract he signed with the Bucs. He'll be 44 in August, but Brady didn't show much dropoff in his first season in Tampa, setting three-year highs in yards (4,633) and touchdowns (40). Brady will count $26.6 million against the cap if he returns in 2021.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Jan 9, 2021, 9:39 AM ET

Tom Brady completed 22-of-40 passes for 381 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Wild Card win over Washington.

As normal, Brady was a constant chain mover and avoided mistakes for all four quarters. He was under pressure in the second half after losing his starting right guard, but the Bucs offense looked fine overall despite Washington's front four and Ronald Jones' unexpected absence. Brady will be asked to pass a lot in the Divisional Round regardless of opponent. Right now, the Bucs are expected to head to New Orleans.

Jan 9, 2021, 11:28 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

When Max said the Brady was going to fall off the cliff. What he really meant was, Brady with standing on the cliff and saying good bye to other quarterbacks going over the cliff.

Users who are viewing this thread