What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (1 Viewer)

Still amazing to watch him work, and Brady to Gronk will never get old, regardless of the colors they're wearing.

Yep, I'm convinced Tom Brady sold his soul to the devil.  No one can have so much going for him and not.  He's good looking, rich, successful beyond belief, admired by so many and has a beautiful wife.

-Robert Johnson

Rumor has it that he was standing at the crossroads in 2000 and the devil approached him and said "Hi, my name's Bill."

If you saw any good defense by Dallas you were watching a different game than I was. 

I'll clarify:   It wasn't your observation about the Dallas defense that surprised me;  it was your observation that that was your "biggest takeaway" describing Brady's play.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was a pretty mixed bag from Brady tonight. He looked pretty rough early on

I’m interested to see TB play against a team with a defense. 

I saw quite a few plays that weren’t great by any measure.

he also had several inaccurate throws in the 1st quarter. It wasn’t a great start for either team.

I was as impressed by Brady’s performance as anyone here, I promise.
🧐

This is amazing.
Not really. I changed my mind in the latter post.  the OPI was blatant, but I later realized they would have still had a couple shots to get in FG range.

what’s amazing is having a personal stalker on the boards call me out on posts from last Thursday. 

I'll clarify:   It wasn't your observation about the Dallas defense that surprised me;  it was your observation that that was your "biggest takeaway" describing Brady's play.
It was certainly one takeaway. I’d like to see how Brady does against good defenses. Dallas isn’t one. 

On pace for 76 TDs. 

He'll need to average 3.13 over the next 15 games to break Manning's season record of 55.  To break it in 16 games he'll need to average 3.35.  Seems oddly doable and almost likely if he plays every game.   

He needs 14 TDs to have thrown more in his 40's than in his 20's.

Simply amazing.

On pace for 76 TDs. 

He'll need to average 3.13 over the next 15 games to break Manning's season record of 55.  To break it in 16 games he'll need to average 3.35.  Seems oddly doable and almost likely if he plays every game.   

Simply amazing.

And he's doing funny commercials now too.

Can't he let Peyton have anything?

On pace for 76 TDs. 

Simply amazing.
I would say if he stays healthy he breaks that record. They’re not even trying to run the ball in the red zone. Right to Gronk or one of the hall of fame wideouts. 

And he's doing funny commercials now too.

Can't he let Peyton have anything?
Yea but that samich emerging looks like a penis......not sure how that made it past editing....maybe that's what theyre goin for?  A response to the new feminists, perhaps?🤔

Tom Brady completed 41-of-55 passes for 432 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 3 loss to the Rams. 

Matthew Stafford ripped the highly-vulnerable Tampa secondary and Brady couldn't keep pace. He piled on garbage time passing yardage like an old pro, but cooled off after tossing nine touchdowns in the season's first two games. Brady will be highly motivated next week against Bill Belichick and the Patriots; he needs just 68 passing yards to become the all-time leader in passing yardage. He's a must-start option in Week 4.

They timed it with a sun dial.
3 carries, 14 yards, and a TD............no matter how slow it was, that TD still counts for 6! haha

I'm thinking we might see Tom try for a 500 yard 5 TD game this week. With AB back and a weaker team D this old dog will be back to his old tricks.

He still put up nearly 30 points for us last week.

3 carries, 14 yards, and a TD............no matter how slow it was, that TD still counts for 6! haha

I'm thinking we might see Tom try for a 500 yard 5 TD game this week. With AB back and a weaker team D this old dog will be back to his old tricks.

He still put up nearly 30 points for us last week.
I'm thrilled with how many points he scored against the Rams and no AB.

With AB back and a weaker team D this old dog will be back to his old tricks.
If AB is back, you mean. he tested positive. He has to have 2 negative tests 48 hours apart to come back. 

COVID can last weeks, even if asymptomatic. And we don’t know if he’s symptomatic of not. Not that he’s “old” old, but he is older, which could also be a factor in how quickly he beats it.

On another note, Brady did indeed play well, even against a formidable opponent.

During that game I kept thinking back to week 1 opener against Dallas, who completely abandoned the run before they left the locker room, & everyone said they almost won & showed other teams how to beat the Bucs.

But then this week the Rams did what I believed the Cowboys *should* have done. Regardless of effectiveness, (and  Sony wasn’t very effective) they kept pounding the rock even if it was only a 1-2 yard gain, which opened up their entire playbook & kept TB off balance.

IMO *that* is the recipe for beating the Bucs. 

Of course the Rams defense > the Cowboys defense (despite the Eagles inept & predictable offense making Dallas look like world beaters on D last night)

If AB is back, you mean. he tested positive. He has to have 2 negative tests 48 hours apart to come back. 

COVID can last weeks, even if asymptomatic. And we don’t know if he’s symptomatic of not. Not that he’s “old” old, but he is older, which could also be a factor in how quickly he beats it.

On another note, Brady did indeed play well, even against a formidable opponent.

During that game I kept thinking back to week 1 opener against Dallas, who completely abandoned the run before they left the locker room, & everyone said they almost won & showed other teams how to beat the Bucs.

But then this week the Rams did what I believed the Cowboys *should* have done. Regardless of effectiveness, (and  Sony wasn’t very effective) they kept pounding the rock even if it was only a 1-2 yard gain, which opened up their entire playbook & kept TB off balance.

Of course the Rams defense > the Cowboys defense (despite the Eagles inept & predictable offense making Dallas look like world beaters on D last night)
extrapolating this,  Rams defense >> Patriots defense (without Gilmore) but Patriots run game >> Rams run game.  unfortunately for the Pats, Tampa has the best run defense in the league (think better than the saints who just shut down the Pats run game), so the game will quickly devolve into pass game versus pass game.

Best case 31-20 Bucs.  Worst case 44-13 Bucs.  Brady 25/32/275/4.  Killer DFS spot.  I think I'll enter 8 Brady stacks and 2 Patriots defense stacks as leverage.

extrapolating this,  Rams defense >> Patriots defense (without Gilmore) but Patriots run game >> Rams run game.  unfortunately for the Pats, Tampa has the best run defense in the league (think better than the saints who just shut down the Pats run game), so the game will quickly devolve into pass game versus pass game.

Best case 31-20 Bucs.  Worst case 44-13 Bucs.  Brady 25/32/275/4.  Killer DFS spot.  I think I'll enter 8 Brady stacks and 2 Patriots defense stacks as leverage.
Probably a sharp play, I agree.

I’d be willing to bet that BB at least attempts to run the ball. Even if whatever combo of Bolden/Harris by % is used, and even if they’re getting low yardage, Hoodie isn’t abandoning the run & becoming one dimensional until the score is out of hand.

Which, I agree with you, it will be.

Yes, the Rams showed teams how to beat the Bucs. No, the 2021 Pats are not one of those teams. lol 

Lol running the ball had nothing to do with beating the Bucs. At all. Stafford was bombs away and the Bucs secondary missing two starters had no chance to cover. The pass rush is making no difference at all either.  

Every time the Rams ran the ball it was a blessing for the Bucs. I pray teams try to run it 25 times a game against them (they won’t). 

Lol running the ball had nothing to do with beating the Bucs. At all.

thank you for explaining to me why I should never listen to your take on the NFL. At all, as you say. 

Obviously running the ball had a massive impact on the play action passing game. And running the ball helped the Rams play keep-away by burning clock. Something the Cowboys couldn’t do. Obviously. 

thank you for explaining to me why I should never listen to your take on the NFL. At all, as you say. 

Obviously running the ball had a massive impact on the play action passing game. And running the ball helped the Rams play keep-away by burning clock. Something the Cowboys couldn’t do. Obviously. 
Burning the clock? They were up 3 scores with 8 minutes left and were averaging 9 yards per pass attempt. They averaged 3.2 yards per rush and you…you think that’s why they won?

And yes you should pay attention to me because you still think running the ball is how you set up play action. That…is not the case. You gotta get out of 1985 man. 

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is teams should be punting inside the 40. 

I'm a pretty big fan of Hot Sauce posts in this forum. I feel that he's on point on most of his posts and generally great insight but I have to agree with Capella on that one. if anyone cares to know my opinion....lol.

you two should get a room however.... :)

Burning the clock? They were up 3 scores with 8 minutes left and were averaging 9 yards per pass attempt. They averaged 3.2 yards per rush and you…you think that’s why they won?

And yes you should pay attention to me because you still think running the ball is how you set up play action. That…is not the case. You gotta get out of 1985 man. 

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is teams should be punting inside the 40. 
Funniest thing I’ve read on the Internet in a while; thanks.👍🏼

play-action is play-action, in 1985 & today. You run to set up the pass. If the runs are effective, hey, keep running. If not, at least there’s the threat of the run.

And if the defense starts using formations to stop the run, & creeping that safety in, leaving a guy in single coverage, then the PA pass is even more effective.

Play action passing is play action passing. It’s a fundamental concept. It hasn’t changed. 

With or without AB, New England is going to be in trouble in this one. So maybe I'll go 400 yards and 4 TD's. Tom ain't gonna let Bill's team even look close toe competent this week. 

With or without AB, New England is going to be in trouble in this one. So maybe I'll go 400 yards and 4 TD's. Tom ain't gonna let Bill's team even look close toe competent this week. 

I can't even assess what Bill Belichick is without Tom Brady at this point, especially if Tom goes deep into playoffs again and Bill doesn't even make it.

There's a few excuses for Bill (rookie QB, talent is a bit deficient) but man, Tom's looking on top for who was the genius behind that run. 

Users who are viewing this thread