What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Hernandez current dynasty value (2 Viewers)

moderated

Footballguy
Seems like a good time to an idea of what his current value is now that he's being investigated in a murder case.

At the present time i'd value him at a future 1st or current pick in the 6-10 range. Before this i put him at a high 1st + more.

If there are any trades going on for Hernandez please list them as well.

I'm a full round off from you. If have never given a first for him. I'd have had him as an early 2nd, now a late 2nd.

As a Hernandez owner in multiple leagues, his value is the same as it was last week, until proven otherwise, especially with Gronk coming off of multiple surgeries.

However, I'm sure you can find some scared owners out there who will cough him up for next to nothing.

Got a great response earlier...

"If Hernandez was serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole I still wouldn't accept this."

Offered Fred Davis and Eddie Lacy, who I took at 1.06. Because I'm actually trying to get a deal done, not just insult an owner whose player might be in trouble. No ones moving Hernadez for Jon Dwyer. But they might move him at a decent discount if you send a serious offer.

I would LOVE to get someone to drop his value and trade him to me right now, LOVE it.

I always like to go after the knee jerk reaction people.

He was just moved in one of my leagues, I wasn't involved.

Hernandez, LaFell, Nick Toon, Knowshon Moreno

for

Witten, Greg Jennings, Vincent Brown, Bryce Brown

I like the Witten side personally.

for

That looks liek a deal where the guy getting Hernandez fully expects everything to be fine.

Lafell, Toon, and Moreno to me a trash. Jenning should be at least halfway decent. Vincent is very promising. Bryce Brown has talent t o be good if he gets an opportunity. Witten is a stud for a couple years.

I probably dont personally move hernandez for that, but that isnt bad.

We might have seen the last of Hernandez in an NFL uniform so I probably wouldn't offer much if anything for him. 2013 certainly is going to be a no go once I am done ruling on this. If Ben could miss a month, Hernandez can sit out a season.

I'll put him on the market now, but I might just have to go down with this ship. I'd take a 3rd for him at this point.

for

That looks liek a deal where the guy getting Hernandez fully expects everything to be fine.

Lafell, Toon, and Moreno to me a trash. Jenning should be at least halfway decent. Vincent is very promising. Bryce Brown has talent t o be good if he gets an opportunity. Witten is a stud for a couple years.

I probably dont personally move hernandez for that, but that isnt bad.
Starting to look like someone just gifted Witten/Jennings/VBrown/BBrown... yeesh.

Offered Fred Davis and Eddie Lacy, who I took at 1.06. Because I'm actually trying to get a deal done, not just insult an owner whose player might be in trouble. No ones moving Hernadez for Jon Dwyer. But they might move him at a decent discount if you send a serious offer.
I've got Hernandez (non PPR) and I'd take this in a second.

I wouldn't trade anything I really valued for him at this point. Chances are pretty good Hernandez is about to be valueless for awhile. How long awhile is I don't know, but I think it's pretty unlikely he's going to walk away from this free and clear. And the possibility his career is over is very real.

Related question: how does this affect Ballard's value?

Ballard is 25. He tore his left meniscus and ACL in the 2011 playoffs 14 months ago. He had ACL surgery and microfracture surgery that offseason and missed 2012. The Giants waived him with the intention of resigning him and placing him on the PUP list, but the Patriots claimed him off waivers. It is also worth noting that he had a partial PCL tear in his right knee late in the 2011 season that he was playing through when he hurt his left knee. All that said, he is supposedly healthy now. Recent Rotoworld report:

Jake Ballard (knee surgery) is participating in Patriots OTAs.

According to ESPN Boston, Ballard wasn't showing any effects of his February 2012 ACL tear, and participated in the "majority of practice reps."
In 2011, he had 38/604/4 (15.9 ypr) with the Giants and finished as TE17 in 14 games (13 starts).

It seems likely that Gronk will miss games and/or be limited early, and it now seems likely Hernandez won't play. So the team that involves its tight ends more than any other suddenly has a big hole to fill, and Ballard is next in line.

I would LOVE to get someone to drop his value and trade him to me right now, LOVE it.

I always like to go after the knee jerk reaction people.
People seem scared to admit that he's in a lot of trouble. It's not a joke. He may beat the charge, but he's looking at accessory to murder at the minimum.

Offered Fred Davis and a future 4th for him in dynasty league. Already have Cook and Finely so Davis was nearly droppable anyway, but I don't really want to offer anymore at this point.

As a Hernandez owner in multiple leagues, his value is the same as it was last week, until proven otherwise, especially with Gronk coming off of multiple surgeries.

However, I'm sure you can find some scared owners out there who will cough him up for next to nothing.
he only shot someone in the face back then. If he gets hit with charges or not, its probably going to bother him for a yr and the NFL will take the law in their own hands and punish him... is his career over; I highly doubt it.

Traded him and the browns def for a 2014 2nd and the Bengals def.

non-ppr.
Horrible, nice work.
I wouldn't be so quick to call trading him for a 2nd horrible. None of us has a crystal ball, but a 2nd may turn out to be a lot more than his value 3 months from now, which could be zero. I think there's a misconception some have that because a guy is a famous athlete he will somehow not face consequences if they are warranted. If he's involved in murder he's in deep doo doo, and to just assume that's not the case is fantasy owner's denial.

Last edited by a moderator:

non-ppr.
Horrible, nice work.
I wouldn't be so quick to call trading him for a 2nd horrible. None of us has a crystal ball, but a 2nd may turn out to be a lot more than his value 3 months from now, which could be zero. I think there's a misconception some have that because a guy is a famous athlete he will somehow not face consequences if they are warranted. If he's involved in murder he's in deep doo doo, and to just assume that's not the case is fantasy owner's denial.
I could very much be on the wrong side here, but I don't see any way this works out for Hernandez personally. Too much smoke, so got what I could. I think I don't get a 2nd rounder as early as tonight, so got what I could and moved on.

non-ppr.
Horrible, nice work.
I could very much be on the wrong side here, but I don't see any way this works out for Hernandez personally. Too much smoke, so got what I could. I think I don't get a 2nd rounder as early as tonight, so got what I could and moved on.
Pretty much how I look at it too. I think you did pretty well.

Either way, your (both risky) options at this point are:

Sell now and get what you can and risk he may get another chance down the road.

Hold now and risk he is jailed / cut / out of the league for good.

I'd get what I can and move on. Two gun related incidents popping up now, even if he is just indirectly involved in both, he's clearly surrounding himself with bad folks and putting himself in bad situations.

Offered Fred Davis and a future 4th for him in dynasty league. Already have Cook and Finely so Davis was nearly droppable anyway, but I don't really want to offer anymore at this point.
With news of arrest warrant being issued this morning for Hernandez, I revoked the offer (even knowing I'll likely drop Davis at some point this season).

I think there are a lot of serious overreactions going on here thinking his career is over, etc.

If we have learned anything about how the NFL treats players, we know that while they are certainly quick and stern in handing down punishments, everyone gets a 2nd (and 3rd) chance.

Plaxico went to jail for 2 years and came back in his mid 30s and had a relevant fantasy stint.

Vick went to jail for two years and came back.

You know how it is with these NFL players with money and the ability to plead down a charge. Unless they reveal that he heineously murdered someone in cold blood, the absolute most he will ever get is a three year sentence that is watered down to two and then a 25, 26 year old Hernandez will be allowed right back into the NFL.

But that is putting the cart ahead of the horse. It could very well end up that Hernandez walks out of this with nothing.

If I own him, I don't trade. If I don't own him, I probably observe his owner to guage his feelings and I buy because at this time the owner willing to sell can't ask for the moon so you are liking getting the lowest price you can imagine and if that price is liveable with you to say "Worst case scenario, I just gave this way for nothing" then you can only win long-term.

I think there are a lot of serious overreactions going on here thinking his career is over, etc.

If we have learned anything about how the NFL treats players, we know that while they are certainly quick and stern in handing down punishments, everyone gets a 2nd (and 3rd) chance.

Plaxico went to jail for 2 years and came back in his mid 30s and had a relevant fantasy stint.

You know how it is with these NFL players with money and the ability to plead down a charge. Unless they reveal that he heineously murdered someone in cold blood, the absolute most he will ever get is a three year sentence that is watered down to two and then a 25, 26 year old Hernandez will be allowed right back into the NFL.

But that is putting the cart ahead of the horse. It could very well end up that Hernandez walks out of this with nothing.

If I own him, I don't trade. If I don't own him, I probably observe his owner to guage his feelings and I buy because at this time the owner willing to sell can't ask for the moon so you are liking getting the lowest price you can imagine and if that price is liveable with you to say "Worst case scenario, I just gave this way for nothing" then you can only win long-term.
Plaxico didn't hurt anyone but himself, Vick killed dogs. Pretty different scenario IMO. Stallworth killed someone and was gone for a year and came back, though it wasn't "murder." Depending on how this goes, it could be vastly different than a Vick/Burress situation. Still, I'm waiting to hear more info before making snap judgements.

And just for the record, it sucks to be an Aaron Hernandez owner right now. I would not want to trade places with owners who have him right now. I think sometimes owners take it personally when their players have goofy #### happen off the field. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just bad luck however it is not everyday a top5 player at their position ends up in this type of BS. I feel for the owners and understand why they could be pretty bitter at this moment.

And others who seem to have an axe to grind with the Pats, this is not the best time to put that on display. A young man who was a superstar in the making has possibly taken that gist and flushed it all away over something I sure we will find out was pretty dumb all the way around form start to finish. It's not worth getting into heated battles in here over some nonsense that we don't even know all the details about. I do not begrudge those that are saying his career may be n jeopardy, that's not a stretch at this point.

Is Jake Ballard a guy you suddenly have an interest in? Tebow not there a week and already we have a possible murder. I realize the two have nothing to do with each other but somehow I find that interesting.

Plax opened fire on himself, Vick was handled and left for 2 years, Stallworth never left the scene, guy was jay walking across a highway you would have to see in order to understand. Stallworth owned up to it. Hernandez has murder charges looming and was seen leaving the bar with the man who would later be murdered, not good my friend, not good.

I traded Witten (3 years) and Welker (1 year) for him (4 years) two weeks ago thinking it would be the move that sealed my championship... :hot: :hot: :wall: :wall:

Cmon Fleener!

Arg. Have both Hernandez and Gronk in my main league, and went from potentially having the deepest TE pool in the league to possibly the worst. Still have Gates, Cameron, and Brandon Myers, but had to take Jake Ballard with the last pick of our rookie/FA draft earlier today with some other prospects out there I would have loved to select.

Plax opened fire on himself, Vick was handled and left for 2 years, Stallworth never left the scene, guy was jay walking across a highway you would have to see in order to understand. Stallworth owned up to it. Hernandez has murder charges looming and was seen leaving the bar with the man who would later be murdered, not good my friend, not good.
All I'm saying is "possibly way over reacting". You guys are speaking as if its a done deal..murder charges...get the drag net".

All I'm saying is it COULD aslo be a situation where he gets hauled in, determined to have some significant connection, and pays a price. If that happens, the NFL will allow him to play again...and Hernandez is young.

That's the extent of my comment and I did offer the precursor to it that "unless he is found to have committed cold blood murder". I'm just saying that while a lot of people are piling on like its game over and drawn a conclusion, that there is A LOT of other possibilities that could be found in the middle.

Agree with this. I have extreme lowball offers out for him in every league. Arrested =/= convicted, and even if he is convicted, he'll likely be back in the league eventually unless he actually goes down for pulling the trigger. At 23, he can do a few years in prison, serve a year suspension, and still have a few years left in his prime. And IMO it's equally likely that he's acquitted / rolls over on his buddies / pleads to a lesser charge / etc. If I can get him for roster fodder / a 3rd or 4th round pick I'll happily hang on and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread