What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Devy Draft thread (1 Viewer)

Bryant is the only name on the list that gave me any hesitation, as I liked his high school highlights. Being really ripped with decent speed doesn't make you Christine Michael though. I watched his spring game highlights a while back and wasn't totally sold on his running ability. There's a little bit of an awkward James Wilder vibe to him that worries me.

Bryant is the only name on the list that gave me any hesitation, as I liked his high school highlights. Being really ripped with decent speed doesn't make you Christine Michael though. I watched his spring game highlights a while back and wasn't totally sold on his running ability. There's a little bit of an awkward James Wilder vibe to him that worries me.
Being really ripped with decent speed? Yeah, sounds like Michael as a Sophomore. Wilder is 6'3", Bryant is 5'10". Don't see anything close there.

EBF said:
Xue said:
In a draft this deep, it's all about absolute upside, not "earliest possible value/production".
That's my goal in any devy draft. The hard part is actually recognizing when an unproven freshman-sophomore is more talented than a productive upperclassman. There is no exact formula for making those calls. I think Chubb is a top prospect whereas Langford, Sanders, Cook, and Bryant are more middling prospects. Hence my comments.

My thought process kinda goes like this:

1. Proven elite talents (i.e. Gurley)

2. Potential elite talents (i.e. Tyner, Chubb)

3. Proven good talents (i.e. Abdullah, Ajayi)

4. Potential good talents (i.e. Sanders, Cook)

5. Proven mediocre talents (i.e. Langford)

6. Potential mediocre talents (i.e. random mediocre NCAA prospect)

To me when you take a guy like Sanders then you are basically hoping that he's going to become someone like Abdullah, so why not just take Abdullah instead? It comes down to how highly you rate the individual's talent/potential. If you think Sanders, Cook, and Bryant are bucket #2 players then you're not going to see a problem with ranking them ahead of bucket #3 types like Abdullah. However, if you think they're bucket #4 types like I do then it's not going to make a lot of sense for you to take them ahead of guys with equivalent ceilings and a longer track record.
Im a little confused on the thought process concerning Chubb. I mean, he hasn't done anything at the college level and most ranking services had Michael ahead of Chubb. Sure, he looks the part, but I think I will wait until he gets some carries in 2014 before I would label him as a "potential elite" talent.

Being really ripped with decent speed? Yeah, sounds like Michael as a Sophomore. Wilder is 6'3", Bryant is 5'10". Don't see anything close there.
Wait, don't tell me. You see some Wilder because he's "duck-footed" right? https://lifesyourcupfb.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/greg-bryant-foot-drag.gif

EBF said:
Xue said:
In a draft this deep, it's all about absolute upside, not "earliest possible value/production".
That's my goal in any devy draft. The hard part is actually recognizing when an unproven freshman-sophomore is more talented than a productive upperclassman. There is no exact formula for making those calls. I think Chubb is a top prospect whereas Langford, Sanders, Cook, and Bryant are more middling prospects. Hence my comments.

My thought process kinda goes like this:

1. Proven elite talents (i.e. Gurley)

2. Potential elite talents (i.e. Tyner, Chubb)

3. Proven good talents (i.e. Abdullah, Ajayi)

4. Potential good talents (i.e. Sanders, Cook)

5. Proven mediocre talents (i.e. Langford)

6. Potential mediocre talents (i.e. random mediocre NCAA prospect)

To me when you take a guy like Sanders then you are basically hoping that he's going to become someone like Abdullah, so why not just take Abdullah instead? It comes down to how highly you rate the individual's talent/potential. If you think Sanders, Cook, and Bryant are bucket #2 players then you're not going to see a problem with ranking them ahead of bucket #3 types like Abdullah. However, if you think they're bucket #4 types like I do then it's not going to make a lot of sense for you to take them ahead of guys with equivalent ceilings and a longer track record.
Im a little confused on the thought process concerning Chubb. I mean, he hasn't done anything at the college level and most ranking services had Michael ahead of Chubb. Sure, he looks the part, but I think I will wait until he gets some carries in 2014 before I would label him as a "potential elite" talent.
You're going to find that most true freshmen haven't "done anything at the college level." If you're in a league where they're eligible then you still need to make some sort of attempt to assess their value and potential. Chubb already has the physical tools of a first round back and thus has the potential to become an elite NFL prospect. On the other hand, a guy like Abdullah likely can't crack that range regardless of how well he produces because he lacks certain physical qualities that the league values.

These drafts started on Saturday. Both leagues are 1.5 PPR for TE with WR/TE combined, but otherwise pretty standard PPR formats.

Backyard Brawl III Devy Draft (2015-eligible only)

Already Taken: Michael Dyer

1.01 - Todd Gurley

1.02 - Melvin Gordon

1.03 - TJ Yeldon

1.04 - Dorial Green-Beckham

1.05 - Amari Cooper

1.06 - Devin Funchess

1.07 - Mike Davis

1.08 - Karlos Williams

1.09 - Duke Johnson

1.10 - Jaelen Strong

1.11 - Keith Marshall

1.12 - Jay Ajayi

1.13 - Devante Parker

1.14 - Stefon Diggs

Backyard Brawl IV Devy Draft (all classes eligible):

Already Taken: Dorial Green-Beckham, Ricky Seals-Jones, Johnathan Gray, Michael Dyer, Thomas Tyner, TJ Yeldon, Stefon Diggs, Todd Gurley, Duke Johnson, Matt Jones, Nelson Agholor, Amari Cooper

1.01 - Laquon Treadwell

1.02 - Derrick Henry

1.03 - Leonard Fournette

1.04 - Mike Davis

1.05 - Nick Chubb

1.06 - Melvin Gordon

1.07 - Karlos Williams

1.08 - Devin Funchess

1.09 - Alex Collins

1.10 - Sony Michel

1.11 - Devante Parker

1.12 - Josh Malone

1.13 - OJ Howard

1.14 - Corey Clement

Denver724 said:
Please post any new Devy Draft results in this thread. It seems that some have already been completed.
We just wrapped up ours. 14 team league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE. .75/1/1.25 PPR.

Already rostered: Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Bo Scarbrough, Marquez North, Shock Linwood, Laquon Treadwell, Corey Clement, Johnathan Gray, Thomas Tyner, Keith Marshall, Alex Collins

Picks were:

1.01 - RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

1.02 - RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State

1.03 - WR Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh

1.04 - WR DeRunnya Wilson, Mississippi State

1.05 - WR Malachi Dupre, LSU

1.06 - WR Duke Williams, Auburn

1.07 - RB Devontae Booker, Utah

1.08 - RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma

1.09 - WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

1.10 - TE Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech

1.11 - RB Kirk Merritt, Oregon

1.12 - RB Royce Freeman, Oregon

1.13 - RB Dalvin Cook, Florida State

1.14 - RB Derrius Guice, LSU

Definitely a few picks in here that surprised me. That's what I like about devy drafts. A lot of people have radically different boards, which means you never quite know what to expect. Quite a few of these guys wouldn't be in my top 20, but I'm sure people feel the same way about my Merritt pick.

Please post any new Devy Draft results in this thread. It seems that some have already been completed.
We just wrapped up ours. 14 team league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE. .75/1/1.25 PPR.

Already rostered: Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Bo Scarbrough, Marquez North, Shock Linwood, Laquon Treadwell, Corey Clement, Johnathan Gray, Thomas Tyner, Keith Marshall, Alex Collins

Picks were:

1.01 - RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

1.02 - RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State

1.03 - WR Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh

1.04 - WR DeRunnya Wilson, Mississippi State

1.05 - WR Malachi Dupre, LSU

1.06 - WR Duke Williams, Auburn

1.07 - RB Devontae Booker, Utah

1.08 - RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma

1.09 - WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

1.10 - TE Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech

1.11 - RB Kirk Merritt, Oregon

1.12 - RB Royce Freeman, Oregon

1.13 - RB Dalvin Cook, Florida State

1.14 - RB Derrius Guice, LSU

Definitely a few picks in here that surprised me. That's what I like about devy drafts. A lot of people have radically different boards, which means you never quite know what to expect. Quite a few of these guys wouldn't be in my top 20, but I'm sure people feel the same way about my Merritt pick.
I took Wilson/Davis/Hodges/Guice in this draft.

I wrote up my thoughts in an article being released at DLF this week.

This draft started Monday. Almost through the 3rd round. 2nd year. Most of the big's were gone (Chubb, Elliot, Treadwell, etc.).

.75 PPR with .25 per target. 12 team league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX.

Would love to get some feedback from the "devy experts".

1.01 * Davis, Corey FA WR

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.03 * Doctson, Josh FA WR

1.04 * Higgins, Rashard FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

1.06 * Lazard, Allen FA WR

1.07 * Perine, Samaje FA RB

1.08 * Guice, Derrius FA RB

1.09 * Perkins, Paul FA RB

1.10 * Villamin, Jordan FA WR

1.11 * Robinson, Corey FA WR

1.12 * Sharp, Tajae FA WR

2.01 * Connor, James FA RB

2.02 * McGuire, Elijah FA RB

2.03 * Thomas, Michael FA WR

2.04 * Campbell , George FA WR

2.05 * Harris, Damien FA RB

2.06 * Scott, Artavis FA WR

2.07 * Booker, Devontae FA RB

2.08 * Jones, Cardale FA QB

2.09 * Williams, Jonathan FA RB

2.10 * Cooper, Pharoh FA WR

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

2.12 * Hodges, Bucky FA TE

3.01 * Dural, Travin FA WR

3.02 * Williams, Preston FA WR

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

3.04 * Merritt, Kirk FA WR

3.05 * Jones, Alize FA TE

3.06 * Watson, Deshaun FA QB

3.07 * Patrick, Jacques FA RB

3.08 * St. Brown, Equanimeous FA WR

3.09 * Jones, Cayleb FA WR

3.10 * Wilson, Nick FA RB

3.11 * Ridley, Calvin FA WR

3.12 * Hunt, Kareem FA RB

4.01 * Zamora, Ishmael FA WR

4.02 * Scarlett, Jordan FA RB

4.03 * Yearby, Joseph FA RB

4.04 * Rosen, Josh FA QB

4.05 * Irwin, Trent FA WR

4.06 * Williams, Stanley FA RB

4.07 * Engram, Evan FA TE

4.08 * Pressley, Jhurell FA RB

4.09 * Cajuste, Devon FA WR

4.10 * Robinson, Demarcus FA WR

4.11 * Johnson, Tyron FA WR

4.12 * Thompson, Trevion FA WR

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a startup devy at Zealots Field, with vets, rookies, and devys all available. Limited to drafting two devy's per team. Kind of interesting to see how people value devy prospects versus vets and rookies.

Still drafting, but so far...

4.4 - LaQuon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi

5.8 - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

5.9 - Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia

6.11 - Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

6.12 - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

7.1 - Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

7.4 - Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

8.5 - Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

8.9 - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

9.2 - JuJu Smith, WR, USC

9.5 - De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State

9.6 - D'haquille Williams, WR, Auburn

9.8 - Travin Dural, WR, LSU

9.11 - Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin

10.2 - Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

11.10 - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

13.12 - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson

Denver724 said:
This draft started Monday. Almost through the 3rd round. 2nd year. Most of the big's were gone (Chubb, Elliot, Treadwell, etc.).

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

Josh Doctson overrated. George Campbell probably not even the best Fr WR on his own team.

Denver724 said:

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

1.07 * Perine, Samaje FA RBThe

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

Josh Doctson overrated. George Campbell probably not even the best Fr WR on his own team.
Any steals in your opinion?

Denver724 said:

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

Interesting draft order. Almost seems like you could've flipped it and it would make as much sense. There's a lot of subjectivity involved with this stuff. None of the guys who went top 6 here are in my devy top 15. They aren't "bad" picks per se, but just interesting to see that others regard them so highly.

Perine has his issues. He's certainly not an explosive back and the lack of elite burst might hurt him in the NFL, but at the same time I continue to be surprised by the lack of hype in devy drafts. The guy rushed for a billion yards last season and has accomplished a lot more in college than most of the players on this list ever will.

Cannon, Hodges, and Scott are players that I took a long look at for my devy draft in February. No slam dunks in that crew, but decent value where they went here. I'm a big Kirk Merritt fan. He's a bit of a tweener, but I can't wait to see what they do with him at Oregon. He was my favorite HS player from this class.

I think you can make an argument that Kareem Hunt (Toledo), Corey Coleman (Baylor), and Boom Williams (Kentucky) should have been picked in a draft this deep. I like Tyreek Hill as a late wild card dev pick because he's such a dynamic athlete. Legal issues and not clear how he'll be utilized in the NFL though.

Denver724 said:

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

Interesting draft order. Almost seems like you could've flipped it and it would make as much sense. There's a lot of subjectivity involved with this stuff. None of the guys who went top 6 here are in my devy top 15. They aren't "bad" picks per se, but just interesting to see that others regard them so highly.

Perine has his issues. He's certainly not an explosive back and the lack of elite burst might hurt him in the NFL, but at the same time I continue to be surprised by the lack of hype in devy drafts. The guy rushed for a billion yards last season and has accomplished a lot more in college than most of the players on this list ever will.

Cannon, Hodges, and Scott are players that I took a long look at for my devy draft in February. No slam dunks in that crew, but decent value where they went here. I'm a big Kirk Merritt fan. He's a bit of a tweener, but I can't wait to see what they do with him at Oregon. He was my favorite HS player from this class.

I think you can make an argument that Kareem Hunt (Toledo), Corey Coleman (Baylor), and Boom Williams (Kentucky) should have been picked in a draft this deep. I like Tyreek Hill as a late wild card dev pick because he's such a dynamic athlete. Legal issues and not clear how he'll be utilized in the NFL though.
Hunt was taken at 3.12. Coleman and Williams are still available. Hill was already fostered, but traded for $5 in BB money for roster space.

Interesting. I would be willing to take a cheap flyer on Hill because I really like how explosive he is and how economical his movement is. I think he has some very impressive athletic qualities. On the other hand, what do you do with him? He's not an outside WR and he's likely too small to be an every down back. He may end up being a gadget weapon at the next level. Ten cent head too. Awesome athletic specimen though whose talent really jumps off the screen.

I was tempted to take Boom Williams in my 14 pick draft a few months ago. He has such a clean and crisp running style. Cuts very well and has silky movement with no inefficiency. I think he's a prime breakout candidate for the 2015 CFB season if Kentucky really turns him loose. The thing that gave me pause is that he's not necessarily a huge or powerful back and his high school track results did not provide a clear picture of standout speed (I think he was an 11 flat guy, which is just okay for a top athlete). I really like him though and would take a chance on him for a non-premium pick. Certainly worth a punt this deep in a draft. The fundamentals are there and if he can add a little size and burst then he can do some good things over the next couple years in college. We will see.

Denver724 said:

1.02 * Smith, JuJu FA WR

1.05 * Cain, Deon FA WR

1.07 * Perine, Samaje FA RBThe

2.11 * Isaac, Ty FA RB

3.03 * Cannon, KD FA WR

Any steals in your opinion?
Cooper and Cannon.

Interesting. I would be willing to take a cheap flyer on Hill because I really like how explosive he is and how economical his movement is. I think he has some very impressive athletic qualities. On the other hand, what do you do with him? He's not an outside WR and he's likely too small to be an every down back. He may end up being a gadget weapon at the next level. Ten cent head too. Awesome athletic specimen though whose talent really jumps off the screen.

I was tempted to take Boom Williams in my 14 pick draft a few months ago. He has such a clean and crisp running style. Cuts very well and has silky movement with no inefficiency. I think he's a prime breakout candidate for the 2015 CFB season if Kentucky really turns him loose. The thing that gave me pause is that he's not necessarily a huge or powerful back and his high school track results did not provide a clear picture of standout speed (I think he was an 11 flat guy, which is just okay for a top athlete). I really like him though and would take a chance on him for a non-premium pick. Certainly worth a punt this deep in a draft. The fundamentals are there and if he can add a little size and burst then he can do some good things over the next couple years in college. We will see.
Boom just taken at 4.06. Coleman is still available.

I updated the draft through 4.06.

Draft complete. I updated players taken through all four rounds above. Corey Coleman not taken.

Would like to get some thoughts if your willing to share.

I'm not sure if anybody else has used, but I purchased Nick Whalen's The Devy Report. I disagree with some of the rankings, but good stuff and worth the $5. 107 pages long with profiles of 180 players.

This is my first year being involved in a league with devy players. As we can only draft one per year I'm trying to get a list of my top guys together. I think I have a general understanding of the top tier but I'm having a hard time with my top wr and I would love to hear your guys' opinions on who is the top and why. After watching limited film I liked what I saw out of M. North more than Boyd, Davis and Treadwell from a standpoint of what he could be.

This is my first year being involved in a league with devy players. As we can only draft one per year I'm trying to get a list of my top guys together. I think I have a general understanding of the top tier but I'm having a hard time with my top wr and I would love to hear your guys' opinions on who is the top and why. After watching limited film I liked what I saw out of M. North more than Boyd, Davis and Treadwell from a standpoint of what he could be.
North has a lot of upside, but he's really raw and didn't look very explosive last year. I think Treadwell has as much upside and he's a lot more polished already. Boyd is a pretty safe prospect with some upside still. Reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins. I'm not sold on Corey Davis despite the great production. I personally don't have him as the best WR in the MAC.

I feel like RB is stronger than WR right now in the devy pool. At almost every level of the draft, I can find a RB that I like more than the available WRs. That being said, I am not a fan of North. He's not explosive. Did not shine last year. I would definitely go Treadwell over him.

I know from the drafts I've seen that a lot of people like Duke Williams, Mike Williams, and De'Runnya Wilson. They're not guys that I'm itching to acquire at their current market price. The two Baylor guys are worth a look (Corey Coleman and KD Cannon). Given that they had similar numbers last year, I might opt with Cannon since he's the younger of the two and presumably has more development in the tank.

Somewhat high on Speedy Noil. Liked him out of high school. Did not see enough "speed" from him last year to feel great investing a high devy pick in him yet. Maybe next year. Demarcus Robinson, Artavis Scott, and Tyreek Hill all have their good qualities. Like I said though, I'm not confident in this devy WR pool. I'm sure names will emerge. I don't know who they are at this point.

Still so weird to me that you are all about the measurables and size/speed ratio and BMI, yet all your favorite devy WR buys are guys that look like role players/slot receivers/burners. Guys that even if they end up being vetted as great talents over their college careers, need an ideal situation to be assured of fantasy production. I realize all your comments are qualified with a "for the price you have to pay", but I have a feeling that you'd take these guys straight up over the more prototypical prospects you mentioned.

Still so weird to me that you are all about the measurables and size/speed ratio and BMI, yet all your favorite devy WR buys are guys that look like role players/slot receivers/burners. Guys that even if they end up being vetted as great talents over their college careers, need an ideal situation to be assured of fantasy production. I realize all your comments are qualified with a "for the price you have to pay", but I have a feeling that you'd take these guys straight up over the more prototypical prospects you mentioned.
I'm not all about measurables and the key point you're missing is that there are no devy WR buys that I really like at the moment. I don't own a devy WR anywhere right now unless Kirk Merritt ends up playing there at Oregon. "Prototypical" is a dangerous word because people start thinking guys like Brandon Coleman and Jeff Fuller are "prototypical" just because they have a certain height and/or weight. We had a guy go with Brandon Coleman in the top 6-7 picks of one my devy leagues a couple years ago while another guy took Odell Beckham 14th. Who is prototypical?

The goal is to get the best athlete. If there's a 6'3" 230 pound guy with awesome movement skills then obviously you take him. However, if it comes down to a big guy who can't move and a little guy who's dynamite, I think you should often go with the little guy. I don't see a wealth of Demaryius Thomas/Dez Bryant types floating around the NCAA right now. That being said, Treadwell is probably my top devy WR at the moment and he's pretty strong from a height/weight/speed standpoint.

My top 6 from two months ago:

Treadwell- Similar to Alshon Jeffery, wins with physicality/body control/good hands.

Boyd- Agree with Xue, similar to Hopkins...great hands and range.

Corey Davis- Absolutely love Corey Davis!!! He actually might be my #1, but he is the best route runner i've ever seen in college football.

De'Runnya Wilson- He's falling on my list a little, but he's a much better athlete than most would think for a 6'5" player. Quick and good body control.

Duke Williams- Possession type WR that is similar to Treadwell in having good body control and makes contested receptions.

Malachi Dupre- Great at tracking the football and has great hands. Lacks speed, but puts forth lots of effort.

North has a lot of upside, but he's really raw and didn't look very explosive last year. I think Treadwell has as much upside and he's a lot more polished already. Boyd is a pretty safe prospect with some upside still. Reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins. I'm not sold on Corey Davis despite the great production. I personally don't have him as the best WR in the MAC.
Agree here with North. He wasn't very explosive last year or his freshman season. Big size player, but body catches too much. I like Josh Malone much more at Tennessee and maybe even Von Pearson, but that's a coinflip. North looks like tarzan, but plays like...

Kd cannon and Corey Coleman aren't even in my top 20 wrs.
My biggest concern about Cannon is size. Even if he was 20 lbs heavier he would only be 185. Not sure about Coleman. In our latest 4 rd 2nd year devy draft he wasn't even taken.

My biggest concern about Cannon is size. Even if he was 20 lbs heavier he would only be 185.Not sure about Coleman. In our latest 4 rd 2nd year devy draft he wasn't even taken.
Cannon is a stick figure. No doubt about that. I can see him getting up to ~190 though depending on how he matures.

He has a lot of speed, with 100m times in the 10.3 range in high school. Looking at his freshman year at Baylor, he was used primarily as a one-trick pony deep threat. He had some bad drops too. That's a bit troubling on the surface, but when you go back and watch his high school highlights, you can see him actually running good routes and making a number of difficult acrobatic catches. I think he's more than just a sprinter.

Size is a concern, but you saw what small burners like Jeremy Maclin and T.Y. Hilton were able to do in the league last year. I think Cannon has a shout at becoming that type of player. 5 star recruit out of HS and 1000+ yards as a true freshman is nothing to sneeze at either. When he's on his game, he's unplayable like in the bowl against Michigan State. We'll see how he fares in year two. I think he's a pretty good prospect.

Got a devy draft for you to pick over, the league is Superflex, Tiered PPR (.5/1/1.5) QB/2RB/3WR/TE 1 SFLEX, FLEX R/W/T, it's a salary cap league but devy deals are cheap and all run 3 years so doesn't make much of an effect here, $1000 cap, 1.01 starts at $40 down to $10 at 1.12. QBs are hard to find and very expensive!

The rule on devys is that they must have played their first year in college, so you could take Fournette but not a guy like Guice.

Previously rostered: Treadwell, Boyd, Henry, Hackenberg, Clement, Tyner, North, OJ Howard, Linwood, Alex Collins (in the inaugral season last year the devy was 2 rounds, this year and onwards it's 1 round)

1 - Big Deuce - via Plumbers - Ezekiel Elliot RB

2 - SSS8 - via Evil Field Mice - Nick Chubb RB
3 - SSS8 - via SWNY - Cardale Jones QB
4 - EFM - via Brady Bunch - Connor Cook QB
5 - Big Deuce - Corey Davis WR
6 - SSS8 - via SWNY - DeRunnya Wilson WR
7 - SWNY - SSS8 - Brad Kaaya QB
8 - SWNY - via Kaep - Juju Smith WR
9 - Replacements - Leonard Fournette RB
10 - SSS8 - via - Stacked - Bucky Hodges TE
11 - Aces and Eights - Kyle Allen QB
12 - Big Sticks - Aaron Green RB

My squad is SSS8 and I made some deals to come into the draft with four devy picks. I went QB at 3 because I knew they would go throughout the draft so I wanted my choice of QB and felt players I wanted would drop to me. This draft was done before DeRunnya got caught on the pot charge!

My predraft board went:

Chubb
Elliott
Davis
DeRunnya
Cardale

Hodges

Fournette

But my gap between Davis and DeRunnya wasn't much and I knew pick 4 was going to be a QB so I figured I'd get one of the wideouts at 6 which worked out!

Got a devy draft for you to pick over, the league is Superflex, Tiered PPR (.5/1/1.5) QB/2RB/3WR/TE 1 SFLEX, FLEX R/W/T, it's a salary cap league but devy deals are cheap and all run 3 years so doesn't make much of an effect here, $1000 cap, 1.01 starts at $40 down to $10 at 1.12. QBs are hard to find and very expensive!

The rule on devys is that they must have played their first year in college, so you could take Fournette but not a guy like Guice.

Previously rostered: Treadwell, Boyd, Henry, Hackenberg, Clement, Tyner, North, OJ Howard, Linwood, Alex Collins (in the inaugral season last year the devy was 2 rounds, this year and onwards it's 1 round)

2 - SSS8 - via Evil Field Mice - Nick Chubb RB

3 - SSS8 - via SWNY - Cardale Jones QB

4 - EFM - via Brady Bunch - Connor Cook QB

5 - Big Deuce - Corey Davis WR

6 - SSS8 - via SWNY - DeRunnya Wilson WR

7 - SWNY - SSS8 - Brad Kaaya QB

8 - SWNY - via Kaep - Juju Smith WR

9 - Replacements - Leonard Fournette RB

10 - SSS8 - via - Stacked - Bucky Hodges TE

11 - Aces and Eights - Kyle Allen QB

12 - Big Sticks - Aaron Green RB

My squad is SSS8 and I made some deals to come into the draft with four devy picks. I went QB at 3 because I knew they would go throughout the draft so I wanted my choice of QB and felt players I wanted would drop to me. This draft was done before DeRunnya got caught on the pot charge!

My predraft board went:

Chubb

Elliott

Davis

DeRunnya

Cardale

Hodges

Fournette

But my gap between Davis and DeRunnya wasn't much and I knew pick 4 was going to be a QB so I figured I'd get one of the wideouts at 6 which worked out!
Aaron Green doesn't belong.

Xue said:
Drafter wasn't prepared, he tried to take Treadwell who was drafted the year before and had been involved in 2 big trades in the 2 weeks leading up to the draft. He also won the league last year but his roster screams nosedive, he's got a bunch of 30+ guys and little youth.

Xue said:
JonB86 said:

2 - SSS8 - via Evil Field Mice - Nick Chubb RB3 - SSS8 - via SWNY - Cardale Jones QB4 - EFM - via Brady Bunch - Connor Cook QB5 - Big Deuce - Corey Davis WR6 - SSS8 - via SWNY - DeRunnya Wilson WR7 - SWNY - SSS8 - Brad Kaaya QB8 - SWNY - via Kaep - Juju Smith WR9 - Replacements - Leonard Fournette RB10 - SSS8 - via - Stacked - Bucky Hodges TE11 - Aces and Eights - Kyle Allen QB12 - Big Sticks - Aaron Green RB

My predraft board went:

Chubb

Elliott

Davis

DeRunnya

Cardale

Hodges

Fournette

Agreed. I'm surprised Jared Goff or Trevone Boykin weren't selected over the likes of kaaya and allen. They're older (so less wait time) and better.

Xue said:
Cannon is the closet thing to DeSean Jackson.
Or insert any fast player...Phillip dorsett, Lockett, dri archer, marqise Goodwin, Tavon Austin, etc. Speed is only one factor and others are more important in a wr.
None of those guys are close to DJax. It's obvious you haven't watched either Cannon or DJax of you think they're both just "speed".

Xue said:
Or insert any fast player...Phillip dorsett, Lockett, dri archer, marqise Goodwin, Tavon Austin, etc. Speed is only one factor and others are more important in a wr.
None of those guys are close to DJax. It's obvious you haven't watched either Cannon or DJax of you think they're both just "speed".
I liked DeSean coming out a lot, took him over Devin Thomas pre nfl draft in one league in fact.

My point was more to ebf than you. But 160 pound speedsters haven't stuck in the FF world often. Then look at the Baylor wrs: wright, williams, goodley, robbie rhodes, tevin reese, norwood. They've produced huge numbers in a wide open offense. One wr2 season in ff and the future doesnt look bright.

I've watched a lot of Cannon, he's a hands catcher that tracks the ball well and is fast. But let's also keep in mind that 40% of his yards and 50% of his touchdowns came against northwestern state and buffalo.

I like Cannon but I'm not investing a high pick in a 160 lb WR in a wr friendly scheme. I see many more players that present better value.

Cannon was listed at 175 on Baylor's official site last year. He's never going to be a huge receiver, but he doesn't look dangerously skinny either and he has a chance to get bigger given that he hasn't even spent a full year on campus in the weight program yet. Considering what type of WR he is, he doesn't have to get huge to be effective. Guys like Chad Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, T.Y. Hilton, and DeSean Jackson certainly weren't/aren't.

I think another important thing to remember is that he was a first year collegiate player last season. Straight out of high school. You usually don't see great stats from those guys at WR. So nitpicking the breakdown of his production seems a bit misguided at this point. I don't think it makes sense to get too picky with a true freshman. Especially not at a position like QB, TE, or WR. Given the learning curve of those positions and the steep jump from HS to CFB, you expect them not to be consistent producers every week. For example, Laquon Treadwell had zero 100+ yard games as a true freshman and only two games of 60+ yards, but didn't you take him top 5 in our devy draft after that season? I think it's understood that even most eventual NFL receivers aren't going to come in and stack up 1400+ yards as true freshmen. What's more important is to evaluate the potential and try to predict what the player might become with another 1-2 years of seasoning. In Cannon's case, he looks like a good bet to at least become a top 100 draft pick, if not top 50.

Xue said:
I liked DeSean coming out a lot, took him over Devin Thomas pre nfl draft in one league in fact.

My point was more to ebf than you. But 160 pound speedsters haven't stuck in the FF world often. Then look at the Baylor wrs: wright, williams, goodley, robbie rhodes, tevin reese, norwood. They've produced huge numbers in a wide open offense. One wr2 season in ff and the future doesnt look bright.

I've watched a lot of Cannon, he's a hands catcher that tracks the ball well and is fast. But let's also keep in mind that 40% of his yards and 50% of his touchdowns came against northwestern state and buffalo.

I like Cannon but I'm not investing a high pick in a 160 lb WR in a wr friendly scheme. I see many more players that present better value.
You question Cannon's competition but not Corey Davis'? I generally stay away from sub-200lb WRs unless they really stand out, and Cannon does.

Users who are viewing this thread