What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denard Robinson position listed as "OW" (1 Viewer)

Greg Russell said:
MoveToSkypager said:
3 rushes, 1 yard. I think we can take "Weapon" out of his title.
Though it's certainly offensive.
Yes, he does stink.
I'm not sure if he stinks or not. The coaches aren't doing much to give him a chance. At least let him stink by trying.
I agree. I've said it in a couple other threads, but the Jacksonville play calling is extremely unimaginative at the moment.

Not sure about others' scoring, but the OW is the only RB listed on MFL with negative per week average.

Let's just start presuming he won't have any FF value this year. - But just in the interest of talking football:

I thankfully haven't watched much Jax - but it seems to me with Blackmon out, the Jags would be well served to go with Shorts and Brown in that nice little 1-2 pass game they have going (obvious) and then bring in Robinson in the slot as a sort of WR3 and also as a pass catching option out the backfield. And then also let him do the occasional wildcat thing like the Jets just did with Cribbs, especially on 3rd down.

Problem is, I take it, that he can't catch the ball any better than oh say Armanti Edwards?

Let's just start presuming he won't have any FF value this year. - But just in the interest of talking football:

I thankfully haven't watched much Jax - but it seems to me with Blackmon out, the Jags would be well served to go with Shorts and Brown in that nice little 1-2 pass game they have going (obvious) and then bring in Robinson in the slot as a sort of WR3 and also as a pass catching option out the backfield. And then also let him do the occasional wildcat thing like the Jets just did with Cribbs, especially on 3rd down.

Problem is, I take it, that he can't catch the ball any better than oh say Armanti Edwards?
He is playing RB, not WR. RB is where I think his value lies.

Elevated to #2 behind MJD. Time to pay attention? I think yes.
For this year? No thanks.
.I play dynasty and redraft. I think he has as much value as say, Knile Davis, who I see rostered as an 'in case handcuff' in some leagues. I'd be willing to bet he gets 10 touches this week.
The difference is Davis actually plays on a real team. MJD is barely worth a roster spot this season, IMO you'd have to be pretty desperate to start Robinson (even if something happened to MJD).

Denard Robinson - RB - Jaguars
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch said the plan is to get Maurice Jones-Drew about 20 carries and Denard Robinson around 14 carries per game.
That's laughable. The Jaguars haven't been competitive in a game all season outside of the first half in Denver in Week 6. At least Fisch knows it's likely not realistic for the Jaguars to be able to run the ball 34 times in one game. "I think we can give [Robinson] more ops but with that, we would have to be able to run the ball for four quarters," Fisch acknowledged. The Jaguars named Robinson their No. 2 running back this week, moving him ahead of Justin Forsett.

Source: Florida Times Union
Nov 8 - 10:24 AM

Denard Robinson - RB - Jaguars
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch said the plan is to get Maurice Jones-Drew about 20 carries and Denard Robinson around 14 carries per game.
That's laughable. The Jaguars haven't been competitive in a game all season outside of the first half in Denver in Week 6. At least Fisch knows it's likely not realistic for the Jaguars to be able to run the ball 34 times in one game. "I think we can give [Robinson] more ops but with that, we would have to be able to run the ball for four quarters," Fisch acknowledged. The Jaguars named Robinson their No. 2 running back this week, moving him ahead of Justin Forsett.

Source: Florida Times Union
Nov 8 - 10:24 AM
I guess this really means they want a 3:2 split?

So if the Jags for some reason manage 25 carries (pretty close to their last game), then if this were true if MJD gets say 15 carries, Denard would get 10?

As bad as MJD's FF season has been, this sounds like (if true) he loses a few touches.

Worth a speculative add imo. He has WR/RB status in Yahoo. I could see him being involved alot in catch up mode...

I admit I haven't watched Robinson much this season, but I have a really tough time thinking the Jags would make him their #1 guy if MJD went down for the rest of the season. He has 11 carries for 25 yards in the NFL. Prior to that he was a quarterback.

This is not like a rookie RB that was drafted in the 7th round getting a shot due to injuries, ala Mike James.

I think he has woodhead/sproles qualities. But I'd be surprised if he did much this year. I may have to roll with him over mendy and Powell, but I wouldn't like it

what about ace?

FUBAR said:
I think he has woodhead/sproles qualities. But I'd be surprised if he did much this year. I may have to roll with him over mendy and Powell, but I wouldn't like it
difference is he is 6' 200 lbs not tiny like those guysHe has Chris Johnson type potential IMO. Johnson was cheap in his rookie draft because people thought he was a COP back

FUBAR said:
difference is he is 6' 200 lbs not tiny like those guysHe has Chris Johnson type potential IMO. Johnson was cheap in his rookie draft because people thought he was a COP back
Don't see him ever getting close to 2k

FUBAR said:
That didn't happen. Lendale had tons of haters that would have rooted for anyone but him.

4.32 is not 4.2 with announcers pointing out how he blew by the fastest DBs in the league that are supposed to be similarly fast. Young CJ may be the fastest NFL player ever- in action speed. He has not been a very good RB without these explosions. He's a very different sort (nothing like him) with stats that seem like Barry til he explodes for a long one. It takes some faith by a team to keep giving the rock to a player that's got 15 carries for 25 yards. Most coaches pull em' or use a RBBC and can't be that patient.

From what I've seen, and it's very little, Denard is a way better short yardage runner than CJ. I haven't seen the speed. I know it's there. You all say so and there's tons of articles, but he's only looked ordinarily fast for a RB not wow did you just see that type fast.

I don't like the CJ comparison. Charles is very fast and I see more similarity in him than with CJ.

Users who are viewing this thread