What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robert Woods, HOU (1 Viewer)

I was listening to the fantasy football channel on my drive in this morning, and they mentioned that Robert Woods was among the league leaders in passing targets that were not catchable passes (citing Pro Football Focus).

The speculation was that if Orton can be more accurate, we might see a corresponding increase in production for Woods.
:link:

;)

I do agree, though. Orton will only be good for Watkins and Woods.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to link to something that you were listening to on satellite radio, so that's why I referenced that they mentioned that their information source was pro football focus, so that it can be looked up if you are so inclined.

I can see that stat being correct. I laughed when I saw Woods had 12 targets last week and only 3 catches. I've also seen him make some crazy ### adjustments to awfully thrown balls by Manuel. I think he has a lot of potential if he has an average passing QB at the helm.

It's hard to link to something that you were listening to on satellite radio, so that's why I referenced that they mentioned that their information source was pro football focus, so that it can be looked up if you are so inclined.
I was just joking, since your posts almost always have a link. I guess I whiffed.

I was just joking, since your posts almost always have a link. I guess I whiffed.
When you put it that way, it's kinda funny, but I was confused at first too.

I can see that stat being correct. I laughed when I saw Woods had 12 targets last week and only 3 catches. I've also seen him make some crazy ### adjustments to awfully thrown balls by Manuel. I think he has a lot of potential if he has an average passing QB at the helm.
Manuel's completion rate when throwing to someone besides Woods is 64%.

So you think a decent majority of the blame can be placed on Woods?

His completion rate when throwing to anyone besides his RBs is 46%, and Woods has been credited with zero drops on the season.

Rotoworld:

Robert Woods caught three passes for 37 yards in Sunday's Week 5 win over the Lions.

He was targeted just four times by Kyle Orton. Woods continues to be an afterthought in the passing game and has only 14 catches through five games.

Oct 5 - 5:31 PM

Rotoworld:

Robert Woods caught seven passes for 78 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 6 loss to the Patriots.

With Sammy Watkins getting shadowed by Darrelle Revis, Woods finished with a team-high 10 targets. Mike Williams was a healthy scratch, leaving him to play in all two-wide sets. Woods scored on seven-yard crossing route in the second quarter for his touchdown. He isn't going to be worth targeting on waivers. Woods will return to a complementary role to Watkins next week.

Oct 12 - 6:26 PM

Week 14 at Denver could be a sneaky WR3 play. Orton can sling it if he needs to.
He's still out there in my 16-teamer. Thinking about dropping Hawkins for him.

Not sure what's going on with Watkins -- rookie wall, injuries, etc. -- but Woods seems to be outplaying him lately.

Week 14 at Denver could be a sneaky WR3 play. Orton can sling it if he needs to.

Not sure what's going on with Watkins -- rookie wall, injuries, etc. -- but Woods seems to be outplaying him lately.
Haden coved Watkins last week. Now a hip injury this week. Talib could be shadowing Watkins this week as well, unless Watkins sits or is completely ineffective. Woods could conceivably get Talib. Worth the pickup, but I'm monitoring this closely.

Haden coved Watkins last week. Now a hip injury this week. Talib could be shadowing Watkins this week as well, unless Watkins sits or is completely ineffective. Woods could conceivably get Talib. Worth the pickup, but I'm monitoring this closely.
Yeah, was wondering about that. Interesting that the hip injury and Talib, while both good signs for Woods, could end up canceling each other out if it means Talib is on Woods.

Does Denver use Talib in shadow coverage? How have WR1s/WR2s done against Denver this year?

Rotoworld:

Robert Woods - WR - Bills

WGR 550 Buffalo considers Robert Woods a candidate for a decreased role.

Woods had 104 targets as Buffalo's No. 2 receiver last year. With the additions of Percy Harvin and TE Charles Clay, he's expected to take a step back in OC Greg Roman's run-heavy scheme. Woods projects no higher than the No. 4 option.

Source: WGR 550 Buffalo

Apr 10 - 6:18 PM

Rotoworld:

Robert Woods is running with the first-team offense at Bills camp.

Woods is penciled in as Buffalo's Z receiver, with Sammy Watkins at X. Percy Harvin and Chris Hogan are working as the second-team wideouts. Woods figures to be a near-every-down player in OC Greg Roman's offense, while Harvin will mix in as a gadget player. Neither is an attractive fantasy investment.

Source: Mike Rodak on Twitter

Aug 1 - 7:48 PM

Bump. Watkins out. Harvin out. Taylor out. Woods is probably in line for a bunch of targets vs the hapless Jags.

This guy has been the definition of a mediocre bust over the last two years but there are rumors that Harvin might be done forever. When it was just Watkins and Woods last year he had over 100 targets for the year.

He may provide some spot start value the rest of the way this year and possibly, depending on performance, catapult himself into a better dynasty asset.

Bump. Watkins out. Harvin out. Taylor out. Woods is probably in line for a bunch of targets vs the hapless Jags.

This guy has been the definition of a mediocre bust over the last two years but there are rumors that Harvin might be done forever. When it was just Watkins and Woods last year he had over 100 targets for the year.

He may provide some spot start value the rest of the way this year and possibly, depending on performance, catapult himself into a better dynasty asset.
he's not a bust by any means. he's a WR on the BILLS. He's also is in a crowded WR corp in a run heavy offense. I bought him early on as he's a great talent. Always delivers when he actually gets targets. Gonna b a good time to showcase his talent against the Jags when FA finally comes...

he's not a bust by any means. he's a WR on the BILLS. He's also is in a crowded WR corp in a run heavy offense. I bought him early on as he's a great talent. Always delivers when he actually gets targets. Gonna b a good time to showcase his talent against the Jags when FA finally comes...
He's a mediocre bust for FF purposes. Just good enough to roster and hope, not great enough to count on (so far). I hope he emerges on this team opposite Watkins and I hope they find quarterback who can feed two wide receivers but short-term is value is significantly higher than it's been in quite some time.

yeah, the harvin signing really hurt. I hope the ROS he can do some serious work, and make out of WR purgatory.

He's a mediocre bust for FF purposes. Just good enough to roster and hope, not great enough to count on (so far).I hope he emerges on this team opposite Watkins and I hope they find quarterback who can feed two wide receivers but short-term is value is significantly higher than it's been in quite some time.
One of Woods or Hogan could be a decent "what the heck" play this week. Is Hogan the better red zone option? He's slightly taller and much heavier, and he has two TDs this year (a 38-yarder and 2-yarder). I might prefer him over Woods this week, moreso in non-PPR.

Nothing on him recently could we see a old style breakout after being in the league a couple years?
I don't think I'd really count on it.  The Bills know what they have in Woods....a solid yet unspectacular receiver.  I suspect that he will always be a complementary piece even if/when he leaves the Bills in the future.  He's just low down the pecking order in terms of touches in an offense that is run-heavy.  I'd be surprised if he did anything different this year than he's done for the past 3, statistically.

How is he looking?  2 straight weeks leading the team in targets and starting to put up some decent stats.  Will this continue?  

Woods reeled in seven of 10 targets for 89 yards in Sunday's loss to New England.

Spin:

In the Bill's first game since Sammy Watkins was placed on injured reserve, Woods saw his first double-digit target game since Week 7 of last season. The shifty target is set to be Buffalo's prime receiving option with Watkins out, but will need to provide some prime-time performances in order to be similarly viewed in the fantasy sphere. In 18 games under the Rex Ryan regime, Woods has just three touchdowns and one game of 100 or more yards. Look for him to add to that total without competition from Watkins.

Woods reeled in seven of 10 targets for 89 yards in Sunday's loss to New England.

Spin:

In the Bill's first game since Sammy Watkins was placed on injured reserve, Woods saw his first double-digit target game since Week 7 of last season. The shifty target is set to be Buffalo's prime receiving option with Watkins out, but will need to provide some prime-time performances in order to be similarly viewed in the fantasy sphere. In 18 games under the Rex Ryan regime, Woods has just three touchdowns and one game of 100 or more yards. Look for him to add to that total without competition from Watkins.
Loss to new england?? 

I've always felt like this guy was under-valued in general. Not exciting, but solid and fully capable of putting up low end #2 or #3 numbers when given the chance. He shouldn't be on waivers in any but the shallowest of leagues.

Grabbed him off waivers this week (PPR), and I'm trotting him out as my WR2, alongside Demaryius, since AR 15 and Maclin are both on bye. 20/200/2 stat line, here we come!

I'm expecting Woods to average WR3 numbers for rest of the year with some decent WR2 weeks sprinkled in.  He's an underrated route runner with good hands and now the clear #1 option in the passing offense.  Also, for dynasty players, he becomes a free agent after this season, so buy now.

I think I'm going to grab him as my WR4 in one of my leagues. Hopefully won't ever need to start him, but I just traded away Moncrief and need someone behind Evans, Hopkins and Pryor.

Not sure if anyone who watched the game can confirm, but ESPN said Woods was ruled out of bounds on a TD and Tyrod missed him on a bomb on Sunday, which obviously would have turned his poor line into a great one. 

Bucsfan5493 said:
I think I'm going to grab him as my WR4 in one of my leagues. Hopefully won't ever need to start him, but I just traded away Moncrief and need someone behind Evans, Hopkins and Pryor.

Not sure if anyone who watched the game can confirm, but ESPN said Woods was ruled out of bounds on a TD and Tyrod missed him on a bomb on Sunday, which obviously would have turned his poor line into a great one. 
The TD call was in the back of the end zone, he caught the ball in traffic but didn't get his feet inbounds.  He was very open on a long ball, had the defender beat by a clear step, would've been at least a big gain if not a long TD but Tyrod overthrew him slightly.  He laid out full extension but couldn't get to it.

He also blatantly dropped a slant pattern that would've gone for ~15 yards.  Should've had that one.

Anyone rolling Woods out today?

Looks like the last man standing vs NE today. Could be playing a game of catchup. Had 7-89 last time out against NE.

I'm desperate. Looking for an alternative to Tyrell Williams @DEN.

Looks like the last man standing vs NE today. Could be playing a game of catchup. Had 7-89 last time out against NE.

I am considering picking him up and starting him, I had Cobb going but is out.  Enuwa is my other option

Worried about that foot, feels like he's active just because of how thin they are at WR and could aggravate it. Going with Fiedorowitz instead (TE Premium)

I have to make the same decision but WRs with foot issues scare me more than Denver. What good is Woods if he leaves the game early?

Wow, everyone is asleep on this guy.

T. Taylor is impressive. He carved up Seattle and it's clear Woods is his #1.

After the BUF bye the schedule may be unmatched: @CIN, JAX, @OAK, PIT, CLE, MIA.

Note the last three during the fantasy playoffs.

For Dynasty purposes...  Drafted in 2013 and he is 24.  Two months  older than Kevin White.  

He is a better player than he gets credit for. 

kyoun1e said:
Wow, everyone is asleep on this guy.

T. Taylor is impressive. He carved up Seattle and it's clear Woods is his #1.

After the BUF bye the schedule may be unmatched: @CIN, JAX, @OAK, PIT, CLE, MIA.

Note the last three during the fantasy playoffs.
Don't get too carried away. This was Tyrod's best game, by far. I wouldn't expect this same efficiency moving forward.

Liked Woods a lot coming into the league, but started to give up hope this season when he didn't seem to be progressing. Nice to see some signs of life from him; he seems to get dinged a lot but he appears to be putting it together a bit when he's healthy. Hoping he can continue this momentum.

Don't get too carried away. This was Tyrod's best game, by far. I wouldn't expect this same efficiency moving forward.
Nope. False.

He's QB 8 in my scoring system and has had several solid/above average games.

As a NE fan, I've seen him live twice and he's given them fits. After watching last night's game in Seattle, I'm sold.

And again, look at the schedule.

Especially after losing the center. OL will be a downgrade. Not as horrific as against Seattle since the backup C was also out,  it a downgrade for sure, and it wasn't spectacular to begin with. 

Users who are viewing this thread