What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

renesauz

IBL Representative
It's time to get the crew back together for the 2013 IBL. I'll be trying to send individual emails out to last years members, but I might miss one or two because some folks like to use different names at different sites.

Anyone else interested in helping to represent FBGs in this unique and surprisingly competitive massive interboard league, PM me. The IBL utilizes as many drafts as there are boards, and then combines all leagues into one league where individual and team bragging rights are up for grabs. By combining into one league, that means that there are as many copies of each player as there are drafts....last year that meant 8 copies of each player. To make it even better, you can trade BETWEEN drafts, so you have dozens of potential trade partners and can almost always acquire that one player you absolutely HAVE to have on your roster. PPR scoring.

For returning VETS, the forums home for this has moved to FFlivewire, but MFL will host the actual league again. PM me for details

Plate is too full this year. It is a really fun league though. Multiple trades during the draft can get you some great value if you're on top of it. Beiny part of and watching the FBG team do well all the years I've done the league is fun too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in again. For those who haven't done it before, it's a lot of fun. Very different type of league.

I have a lot going on, but will participate if needed to. Would prefer to do the earlier draft though if used.

Thanks for heading these up and managing the staffing for our board.

For those who haven't done it before, we are up against a number of other fantasy boards. We were in second place last year.

OK...as of this moment we have 10 in for sure, one probable, and I'm waiting on a response from Aaron Rudnicki. Pictus Cat and Captain Hook had to drop out, and have been replaced by Bro1ncos and Tanner9919.

The team right now is:

Renesauz

ClashoftheTitans

Sinrman

OldMilwaukee

SweetLove

StinkinRef

Duckboy

Gringo (Dave Baker)

Rzrback (PROBABLE)

Bro1ncos (IBL rookie)

Tanner9919 (IBL rookie)

If you haven't yet, please check in at the FFLIVEWIRE IBL forum. That's where trades and interboard business will be conducted. We'll use this thread for INTRAboard business.

I also need input on requested draft slots. We 1.01H, 1.02E, 1.03B, 1.04G, 1.05D, 1.06A, 1.07F, 1.08C, 1.09H, 1.10E, 1.11B, and 1.12G.

For newbies and those who may have forgotten, drafts A, B, and C kick off one week, followed by drafts DEF the second week, and GH the third week. You can trade BETWEEN drafts. The kick off for ABC is tentatively the 29th. The quicker we can nail down our draft slots, the quicker folks will be able to work deals. For rookies, it's not a bad idea to take a later draft slot and see how it works...you can always trade into an earlier draft if you see someone you like slip.

Personally....I prefer an earlier draft. My general strategy is to take advantage of folks who MUST HAVE a guy and are willing to overpay to move into the early draft.

Looks like we should have the team set. I'll use this post to track pick spot requests. We really need to get this set quickly though in order to maximize trade opportunities.

Renesauz-EARLY

ClashoftheTitans-

Sinrman- "very early or very late"

OldMilwaukee-Any

SweetLove- ANY

StinkinRef- 9+ draft slot

Duckboy- not draft ABC

Gringo (Dave Baker)-ANY

Stephen Holloway- EARLY "8c"

Bro1ncos (IBL rookie)-LATE

Tanner9919 (IBL rookie)

Aaron Rudnicki- ANY

OK. Here's what I have as of now. If you see a problem, please let me know ASAP.

Kicking off 7/29:

1.06A- ClashoftheTitans

1.03B- Renesauz

1.11B- Sweet Love

1.08C- Stephen Holloway

Kicking off 8/5:

1.05D- Old Milwaukee

1.02E- Sinrman

1.10E- Gringo (Dave Baker)

1.07F- Aaron Rudnicki

Kicking off 8/12:

1.04G- Tanner9919

1.12G- Stinkin Ref

1.01H- Duckboy

1.09H- Bro1ncos

Tried to get everyone in the right slots, but there's a problem with all of the drafting sites. Everyone's in the main site though. Passwords for both will be or are FBGs#1

It'll be Wednesday before I can work on this again, but I don't think anyone is going to do much trading until the issues are corrected.

Message I got from admin:

Rene,

I just reset all the FBG franchise passwords on the Draft A site to fbg2013.

OldMilwaukee said:

Rene,

To facilitate setting up eight draft boards on MFL they plan on coping Draft A to make leagues B-H.

I would suggest you log into draft A (here) choose your franchise and use the above password.

Once logged in, you can change your password, email , phone add the black eyed joe, ect, ect.

When they copy this info over to the other leagues it will transfer so that you do not have to reenter it eight times.
:goodposting:

OldMilwaukee said:

Rene,

To facilitate setting up eight draft boards on MFL they plan on coping Draft A to make leagues B-H.

I would suggest you log into draft A (here) choose your franchise and use the above password.

Once logged in, you can change your password, email , phone add the black eyed joe, ect, ect.

When they copy this info over to the other leagues it will transfer so that you do not have to reenter it eight times.
Ohhh thank God! If I had one complaint about the IBL (here in my 3rd year) it was having to do it all 8 times. Ugh... painful.

I got setup on the draft A site, but can't get logged in on the other one: http://www24.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/22099#0

Was it supposed to also have a password of fbg2013?

use FBGs#1 for the Main league page....that's the password I chose when I set us up. no clue why he changed it for us in draft A

use FBGs#1 for the Main league page....that's the password I chose when I set us up. no clue why he changed it for us in draft A
:goodposting:

Thanks!

And for those newbies, it's important to pay attention to all three boards. One for posts. One for the draft A. One to submit your lineups EVERY WEEK. Nothing worse than drafting a team and someone forgetting to

input a lineup each week.

Those were made, just not yet made "public". They were giving league commissioners a chance to look them over, and they should be released later today.

I have accessed the main message board and the overall league site, but still need some help getting to the various draft sites. I think that I followed the instructions above, but apparently did not save the League A Draft site as a favorite.

It seems like last year there was a link from the main site to all the various draft sites, but I did not see that.

Razorback,

Here is the link to the message board were you will now find all the links to the drafts (first post).

OM thanks for the assist. that was not an easy matter, but the link helped greatly. Now on to the draft

have an offer of 2.12 and 3.1 for my 1.3 and 10.10.

thoughts?

my first thought is that I'd rather work 3 or 4 deals dropping back at 2% gain each than one dropping back a lot for 2% gain. I like the offer but leaning to no

have an offer of 2.12 and 3.1 for my 1.3 and 10.10.

thoughts?

my first thought is that I'd rather work 3 or 4 deals dropping back at 2% gain each than one dropping back a lot for 2% gain. I like the offer but leaning to no
Personally, I would snag Doug Martin and call it a day. This is the tough part about picking in the first wave...there is no blue print of how the draft may turn out.

I think I would prefer the 1.03, but I am trying to wrap my mind around these trades across leagues.

I think I would prefer the 1.03, but I am trying to wrap my mind around these trades across leagues.
Last year was my first year...I find it interesting people want to trade now as the flow has yet to be established; I am pretty conservative. With that said, you can clean house on an early trade before player values are really established.

logged in to FF LIveWire Forums from home and not sure about login there anymore. Have accepted trade but not able to access the forums to finalize

HELP ME PLEASE

figured it out - man there are too many places to go to make one trade

Traded out of my 1.8C

My 1.8C and 7.8C for 1.9E and 6.6A

had available at 1.8 my choice of McCoy, Ray RIce, T. Richardson and Graham

Sweet Love said:
Do we have a spot for private conversation amongst the group like we did last year?
Unfortunately, no.

I think this thread should be sufficient though

figured it out - man there are too many places to go to make one trade

Traded out of my 1.8C

My 1.8C and 7.8C for 1.9E and 6.6A

had available at 1.8 my choice of McCoy, Ray RIce, T. Richardson and Graham
Great deal there. Those are the kinds of deals I love to make in these

The reason I was looking to trade back a couple of spots was that there were four players that I would be happy with. I know that I am going to jinx it, but we are on pick 12 now (I am at 17 and three of them are still there). Not going to happen, but I would be able to get two one at 17C and the other at 9E if one of them drops to 17.

For anyone new, take note how other boards value players...doesn't make it right or wrong, just that when drafting amongst ourselves (in say an SSL or WSL) if you want someone, you usually have to get them, where here you may be able to wait. For example, McCoy is slipping a bit further than FBGs may think he should. I nabbed him at 1.11, but probably could have waited until the swing.

Users who are viewing this thread