What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

Also to let you guys know, Mrs. Sweet Love was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks back, so in case I go dark for a few days, it will just be us dealing with that. Oddly, surgeries, etc., seem to be happening on Thursdays, so I will not be able to add/drop as well as I have been. If I really get in a jam, I may need some help...Rene, not that you have to manage my team, but if you happen to notice that I have not inserted a lineup with an hour or so to go, feel free to jump in and set it.
Sorry to hear SL. I'll keep her and you in my thoughts as she kicks it's ###. If you need any help with team mgmt., I'll try to help but I travel a bunch on weekends and am often out on the trails. You can go in and load your lineups several weeks in advance.

We probably should have one person assigned with all the passwords who can do a quick check of the lineups on Thursday and Sunday morning to catch any obvious issues. Our team wasn't bad as I only saw one Shorts this week, but a lot of our competition had guys taking 0's from guys on byes and guys not starting.

Also to let you guys know, Mrs. Sweet Love was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks back, so in case I go dark for a few days, it will just be us dealing with that. Oddly, surgeries, etc., seem to be happening on Thursdays, so I will not be able to add/drop as well as I have been. If I really get in a jam, I may need some help...Rene, not that you have to manage my team, but if you happen to notice that I have not inserted a lineup with an hour or so to go, feel free to jump in and set it.
Best wishes to your wife and you. I hope they caught it plenty early.

Thanks, guys. "Looks" like they caught it early, but we'll know whether it spread next Wednesday (day before she gets her mastectomy).

Sweet Love said:
No problem SL...will keep an eye on things and handle it. Take care of yourself and the Mrs. and don't worry about it. Best of luck, T&P with you.

Sweet Love said:
bro1ncos said:
Sweet Love said:
Thanks, guys. "Looks" like they caught it early, but we'll know whether it spread next Wednesday (day before she gets her mastectomy).
Yep yep. Best wishes to you guys...

Week 6 Standings

Board Won Loss Tie (Last week) GB

Football Guys..........................285 - 219 - 0 (51-33) -
Sports Outlaw..........................281 - 223 - 0 (65-19) 4
Fantasy Sharks.......................271 - 233 - 0 (38-46) 14
FFToday..................................254 - 250 - 0 (25-59) 31
Dynasty Football Warehouse..243 - 261 - 0 (55-29) 42
FF LiveWire.............................234 - 270 - 0 (35-49) 51
The Huddle..............................234 - 270 - 0 (33-51) 51
Fantasy Guru..........................214 - 290 - 0 (34-50) 71

WOW! I mean WOW!!! I don't think we've ever sen a 65 Win week and the grizzled veterans of SportsOutlaw did and did it in style leaping from fourth place up to second and almost taking the outright lead. FootballGuys barely held them off with a 50 Win Week if not there would be a new leader but strong and consistent has held on for at least another week. FFSharks and FFToday faltered a bit but stayed within reach while DyanstyFootballWarehouse put up their own 50+ win week to move up from seventh to fifth. With only three Boards posting winning records for the week the shifting continued everywhere but the very top and very bottom. Halfway through the year and unless FFLiveWire and TheHuddle start their own runs they could become redundant very soon in what seems to be a 5 Board race.
We'll take a look at how those top five Boards are doing 'flooding' the top two tiers for the Playoffs and those much needed bonus points that the Champion and Veteran Tiers earn.

Champion Tier - Sweet Love, Ref, Old Mil, Gringo, Duckboy

Vet Tier - Rene, Bass, Clash, Bro1ncos, Ruds

Rookie Tier - Sinrman

Water Boy tier - Holloway

Sweet Love, obviously you are busy with real life, but if you see this you still have Julio Jones rostered. Not a lot of the waiver wire, but you might strike gold with someone.

Sinrman is still rostering Ahmad Bradshaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Love, obviously you are busy with real life, but if you see this you still have Julio Jones rostered. Not a lot of the waiver wire, but you might strike gold with someone.

Yep...I have waivers locked and loaded, but that is a case where I would have gotten Foles for Julio over the weekend normally and my mind was elsewhere...little stuff like that. Hopefully nothing is announced before waivers run.

that 65 win week thrown down makes things look a little closer than they really may be....I normally call BS on the whole tortoise/hare thing...I'd usually rather be the hare and go balls to wall for as long as I can and take my chances.....but....we have been pretty consistent cept for one week I think and if we keep throwing up 50's we should be good to go....manage the bye weeks and steal a few here and there... they will add up....

WR's are killin some of our guys at the bottom....specially Holloway....his are the suck....and the Gronk pick (which was probably a pretty early one) is like an anchor to that team and is really starting to show the cumulative damage.....Wilson ####ting the bed hurts too...but with Rodgers, Forte, a healthy? DMC, and Jimmy Graham there may still be hope.....hopefully Graham injury is not serious or it could be lights out....I don't think any of us expected him to continue his pace and I think a drop-off was obviously coming, but NE may have just given everybody a blueprint on how to slow him down.....kinda knew that was coming with the way BB usually takes away the one thing you do best....unfortunately there is slim pickens on the WW at WR so it aint gonna turn around there....guess he has to ride it out and hope that what he once envisioned his roster looking like pans out and turns it around the second half....or if he wants to swing for the fences he could look at dealing Rodgers for a stud WR or something and then snagging Big Ben or Bradford or Foles and trying to ride them...QB is about the only place you can really find impact production right now....

Sinr kinda in the same boat...lack of production at WR

Rud's could be ok.....he is probably a few games here and there from having a better record.....avg points for 116.3...points against 116.4...

Broncos could be solid if White comes back healthy after bye and Ridley stays active.....Sproles heat up...

Clash....need Luck to heat up....should be ok

Bass...quite honestly looks poised for a monster second half of the season....loaded and deep....wouldn't be surprised to see him have the best record on our team by seasons end...his only problem may be deciding who to start on a week to week basis...

Rene...has a solid core and should hold serve.....TE upgrade would be nice...flex is only real question mark, but maybe E. Sanders becomes that guy...

Duckboy...Chad Henne could be Duck's MVP and he isn't even on his roster....hello Mr. Blackmon.....Doug Martin turning things around would help here

Gringo....nuther Martin owner (we have a few)....and Gronk....Manning going to be doing some heavy lifting here cause WR's are not strong...how the hell do you have 26 wins...?....did you have Julio....whatever you are doing, keep it up...

Old Mil...solid core here...RGIII/Stafford....McCoy/Morris...AJGreen/Djax...Witten....SEA DST....money

Ref...honestly not a big fan of my team...kap has been disappointing...Bush had a couple nice weeks and hopefully Chris Johnson gets going...liked picking up Woodhead.....Welker has been solid....worried about Fitz long term....Davis and Cameron at TE and SEA D....should be ok but an injury to Welker could be damaging...have lucked out and played guys like Randle and Sanders at the right time....but mostly out of necessity...

Sweet Love...think pink baby!....leading us to the promised land, but the Julio injury sucks.....luckily some depth at WR with Hilton, DJax, Welker...need to have a QB on speed dial for waivers this week....

overall: pretty good shape....Gronk has been killing us and we need him to come back and justify the pick for many....personally I am pessimistic that his production even when he comes back will be worth it.....I would think about tossing him out there and seeing if I could get a gambler or infatuated owner to bite....especially if it meant a nice bump with a starting WR....but that’s just me...the suckfest in Tampa has hurt our Martin owners....my biggest take from this year has been the value of WR.....only having to start 1 RB with a max of 2....HAVING to start 2 WR.....and often really a third since it is your flex unless you double up at TE.....WR gems are few and far between on the waiver wire during the year....if the guys at the bottom can step it up just a tad and the rest of us hold serve, we should be pretty solid......if the season ended right now, we are in pretty good shape, but we can't rest on that and we need to keep getting better.....

I have an offer of Romo/Bryant/Witten for Kaepernick/Nelson/Gronk

Really torn on this. Romo would be an upgrade over Kap, but I have RG3 and it looks like he is starting to run again. Posted a decent score this week w/o a TD. Bryant has plunged down FBG lists over the last week. Nelson has had his bye and should be getting more looks with Cobb gone. Both have great playoff schedules. Don't know what to make of Witten for Gronk. Gronk was going to be for my playoff push. I have Cameron and Gates so Witten might not even play. FBG has them going forward as Gronk #3, Cameron #4, Gates #6, Witten #8.

I'm hosed at RB for the moment with Sjax, Murray, Vereen all hurt. Trotting out either Ridley or Powell.

WR I'll be starting Calvin, Bryant/Nelson, Moore.

TE 2 of Cameron, Gates, and Gronk/Witten.

While this trade looks great on paper, it really doesn't make my team any stronger unless you believe Dez is a huge upgrade. Longer term I could be weaker as I think Gronk wil be a difference maker when he gets back. From a team perspective, we are heavy on Gronk as Ref noted above, so diversifying might make sense. Open to any thoughts on this.

I would get what I can for Gronk now!

His situation is to murky to warrant the # 3 ranking Dodds has on him. Can't understand this ranking. I have 10 TE's I would take before him.

I see it as upgrades for you all the way across the board!!!!

:2cents:

I started typing a long explanation, but bottom line I would pull the trigger....I like Romo throwing it more the rest of the way over Kap....I like Bryant over Nelson...I don't think the injury to so and so (Cobb) is going to make so and so (Nelson) blow up the rest of the year always pans out....Bryant is a beast....and Witten is money in PPR.....I think this trade makes sense for you and you have enough firepower on your roster to lose out on Gronk "possibly" coming back and being Gronk....if he does and you miss out, so be it, you still have a monster team.....and good great TE's....

Really torn on this. Romo would be an upgrade over Kap, but I have RG3 and it looks like he is starting to run again. Posted a decent score this week w/o a TD. Bryant has plunged down FBG lists over the last week. Nelson has had his bye and should be getting more looks with Cobb gone. Both have great playoff schedules. Don't know what to make of Witten for Gronk. Gronk was going to be for my playoff push. I have Cameron and Gates so Witten might not even play. FBG has them going forward as Gronk #3, Cameron #4, Gates #6, Witten #8.

I'm hosed at RB for the moment with Sjax, Murray, Vereen all hurt. Trotting out either Ridley or Powell.

While this trade looks great on paper, it really doesn't make my team any stronger unless you believe Dez is a huge upgrade. Longer term I could be weaker as I think Gronk wil be a difference maker when he gets back. From a team perspective, we are heavy on Gronk as Ref noted above, so diversifying might make sense. Open to any thoughts on this.
I think that's a great offer. I'd jump on it. No idea what kind of production Gronk will have. Romo is a slight upgrade at this point. Kaep just looks human right now. Nelson is up there, but will start to see some double teams methinks with Cobb gone and Jones gimpy.

Already put some waivers in, including dropping Bradshaw. Just a matter of whether any go through or not.

This isn't dynasty...it's not necessary to have the better long term players, but the better weekly lineup now.

Gronk is still a gamble, while Witten is a sure thing TE1. You also have another TE1, so this part really doesn't matter a lot.

With RG3 in the fold, a Kap for Romo trade seems lateral...either way you're likely to play matchups. (INcidentally, Romo has a TERRIFIC matchup this week)

That leaves Nelson for Bryant. Bryant can blow up any given week...I prefer him to Nelson pretty easily.

Two pushes and a win....I like it.

Thanks guys, just pulled the trigger. Maybe I can move one of my TEs and RB down the road for a stronger WR3.

You can count on Gronk playing this week and dominating now. That said, it will benefit two of our fellow league mates.

dude...forgot you had Calvin as well....when your team gets back to full health......####

it will be kind of fun watching you #### up your weekly lineup decisions though.... :coffee: :wall:

Seeing multiple copies of Foles available on waivers. Tempted to put in a claim, but doubt he'd make it to me, and I'm already carrying 3 QBs. THought about ditching one for SOMEBODY, but not seeing anything out there I like much.

WOuld anyone else consider dropping Alex Smith or Eli Manning for any of the junk on waivers? Boykin maybe?

Seeing multiple copies of Foles available on waivers. Tempted to put in a claim, but doubt he'd make it to me, and I'm already carrying 3 QBs. THought about ditching one for SOMEBODY, but not seeing anything out there I like much.

WOuld anyone else consider dropping Alex Smith or Eli Manning for any of the junk on waivers? Boykin maybe?
LOL...I am praying he falls to me...KNEW I should have put in for him last week!!!!

QBs are not particularly valuable in this league, and truth is, with all the option QBs out there, you can always find someone on the WW to plug in. You may not have much of a chance at getting 25 points, but you should at least get 15+...in other years, I felt as though after the 20, you were hosed.

Hoping to be dropping Royal for him.

QBs are not particularly valuable in this league, and truth is, with all the option QBs out there, you can always find someone on the WW to plug in. You may not have much of a chance at getting 25 points, but you should at least get 15+...in other years, I felt as though after the 20, you were hosed.
Disagree. Eight of the top 20 players are QB's. IMO if you don't have a top (1-6) QB you are behind significantly. Payton is averaging 10pts higher than QB13 (a waver wire PU). Those 10 points would win you many a game.

I'd drop Alex Smith for anything right now....IMO you would be able to pick him back up at ANY point....Foles, Boykin, He Hate Me, Vince Young, TJ Housyourmama, 85, Gus Frerotte, Leon Sandcastle, etc....not neccessarily in that order....

some versions of Ivory available....IMO he might be worth a stash with Goodson done...

jacobs probably going quick....Hillis?

Yeah...there's some OK waiver RBs, but we can only start 2 max, and only need to start 1. Already have Martin, Ellington, Murray, and Mendenhall...not exactly desperate. This league really depresses both QBs and RBs in favor of WRs and (to a lesser extent) TEs

That said, will probably rank a few FA RBs and dump SMith for them anyway with Murray out this week.

Disagree. Eight of the top 20 players are QB's. IMO if you don't have a top (1-6) QB you are behind significantly. Payton is averaging 10pts higher than QB13 (a waver wire PU). Those 10 points would win you many a game.

Toss out Brees and Manning who we knew would be studs and you have 16 guys (18 when you factor in RG3's bye and Pryor's week off) within a spread of 32 pts. That's 5 pts a week. Five of those 17 were available on the wire at one point. Dalton, Bradford, and Geno are still on the wire. Bradford is the 7th ranked QB and still there.

dude...forgot you had Calvin as well....when your team gets back to full health......####

it will be kind of fun watching you #### up your weekly lineup decisions though.... :coffee: :wall:
Yup, I win the best looking roster on paper...how me points will that net me in the rookie tier.

QB - Romo, RG3

RB - Murray, SJax, Ridley, Vereen, Powell, Brown

WR - CJ, Bryant, Moore, Brown, Rice

TE - Cameron, Gates, Witten

As we approach the playoffs, what's the ruling on me posting on this board that I'll be dropping a player at such and such time? I know there's a rule against using waivers to trade within in a team, but is there a rule against giving your league mates a heads up that Witten or Sjax may be hitting the wire?

Yup, I win the best looking roster on paper...how me points will that net me in the rookie tier.

QB - Romo, RG3

As we approach the playoffs, what's the ruling on me posting on this board that I'll be dropping a player at such and such time? I know there's a rule against using waivers to trade within in a team, but is there a rule against giving your league mates a heads up that Witten or Sjax may be hitting the wire?
"All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed."

This is all it says and it only references "trades" which to me has always meant a player from your roster goes on mine and at or about the same time a player from mine goes on yours.....if one of those doesn't happen, it wouldn't be a "trade"....so in my interpertation of the rule, giving a teamate a heads up about a possible drop you are making is just good teamwork.....although I can see how it would feel a little dirty and maybe be frowned upon....

QB - Romo, RG3

"All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed."

This is all it says and it only references "trades" which to me has always meant a player from your roster goes on mine and at or about the same time a player from mine goes on yours.....if one of those doesn't happen, it wouldn't be a "trade"....so in my interpertation of the rule, giving a teamate a heads up about a possible drop you are making is just good teamwork.....although I can see how it would feel a little dirty and maybe be frowned upon....
It'd definitely be questionable and I'll bet get reversed. The rule was put into place for that exact situation methinks.

But I'd be all over Witten to make up for my lack of WR production.

OldMilwaukee said:
IM me bass......

If it's strategy or shady we should know soon enough.
I'm not near that time yet. When we approach playoffs and assuming I get my RBs back, I could definately see cutting a TE for a second defense.

If it's shady rather than strategy, you would think they would have a simple rule in place that a board mate can't acquire a player via first come first serve waivers if that player is the only copy availalbe on the wire. The rule preventing using the system for a trade seems to have been well thought out so maybe this was discussed by the rules committee at one time.

Dwayne Bowe was dropped. I might be making a play but I'm pretty sure he has more value a lot of guys rostered. I saw Sinrman Lafel in love.

Owen Daniels is out there for someone weak at TE looking to do strenthen that postion down the road. Garrett Graham is also out there.

If you've got space to burn, it's about time for Moreno to get hurt and Hillman/Ball are out there.

Marlon Brown is on the wire. He's been a double digit scorer every week except one.

One more Boykin left.

Exchanged LeGarette and McGahee for Jacobs and Silent G. Not sure if I improved, but had to try something different at RB.

Ref and I have inadvertently tested the rule.

He dropped Crabtree whom I picked up by dropping Helu whom he then picked up.

Second guessing a ton on my last flex this week: Ellington, Randle, or Nate Washington?

Obviously have to decide about Ellingotn by tonight...would be going with him if they weren't playing Seattle.

My WRs are weak. So for my #3, I have to choose between LaFell, Simpson, Avery, Miles, or Gibson. Any thoughts? Have flip flopped between LaFell and Simpson.

My WRs are weak. So for my #3, I have to choose between LaFell, Simpson, Avery, Miles, or Gibson. Any thoughts? Have flip flopped between LaFell and Simpson.
Wouldn't feel great about any of them, but Simpsonhas been so hit and miss I think I'd lean to LaFell or Gibson...probably LaFell

Sinrman said:
I'd probably rent Pettis off the wire for a week. Carolina secondary is weak and also short.

Got Foles, so I don't feel as bad now. Have not been able to spend the time like I used to to scour for WW WRs as I'd like. Didn't make much of a difference when Kendal Wright was my WR5, but with Julio gone and Ball/Wilson crapping the bed, I only have one startable RB (McCoy); I have Quiz as my RB2, and that does not warm the heart...

Got Foles, so I don't feel as bad now. Have not been able to spend the time like I used to to scour for WW WRs as I'd like. Didn't make much of a difference when Kendal Wright was my WR5, but with Julio gone and Ball/Wilson crapping the bed, I only have one startable RB (McCoy); I have Quiz as my RB2, and that does not warm the heart...
I feel pretty good about Quiz as a RB2 until Jackson comes back

Users who are viewing this thread