What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB

5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB

3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR

6.01E, 7.05A, 8.08A, 8.10B, 9.03B, 10.10B, 11.03B, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 17.03B, 18.10B

Had planned to snag a QB at 7.01, but there was a big run on QBs in the late 6th, and wasn't spending an early 7 on Wilson, Dalton, or Eli. Still have that 6.1E I can maybe grab a decent starter with.

Meanwhile, Olsen seemed a decent value at that spot.

7.05A will go to a wr most likely....Britt or Emmanuel Sanders? Austin and Hilton are other possibilities
Nice team, Rene...you are going to have solid depth all around...I also like that 6th round pick in E...if you can find a nice combo at QB with your other picks, you can come back in the 6th and get a nice WR.

Was able to grab Sanders with that 8.02C :)

Will be looking to add Heyward-Bey, a third RB, a likely QB, and either a second QB or a TE2 with the 4 picks I have in the 8th and 9th.

If I snag 2 QBs, the 6.01 should net a strong WR3. If I go elsewhere, I'll be able to grab a decent QB1 instead of going QBBC. Still a chance Eli could still be around and I suspect he'd be adequate as a QB1 in a pinch. hoping to add Alex Smith as my QB2 at some point...just a gut feeling there as I've always thought he was sold short and Reid will have him throwing constantly.

continuing my normal MO of moving back

9.03B/17.03B for 9.10A/11.10A

picked up Eli Manning and Mendenhall earlier today. Should be able to grab Cutler and Heyward Bey late today of tomorrow, with a nice 6.01 I can go best available WR or RB (likely WR) with in E draft next week

Should have solid if not overwhelming starting group, with high quality reserves.

Update onTeam Holloway thus far

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

really counting on wide receiver depth to fall which has not happened. May need to do some sideway trades into other leagues like I did today to grab Mathews at what I thought was a bargain. He went 71 I C and 87 in A and I got him at 90.

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

really counting on wide receiver depth to fall which has not happened. May need to do some sideway trades into other leagues like I did today to grab Mathews at what I thought was a bargain. He went 71 I C and 87 in A and I got him at 90.
Can you start 4 RBs?

Only two with one counting as flex. You must start two WRs and can flex one or toe there. You can also flex a tight end. Not an ideal line-up yet for sure.

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

And I was sitting there just 2 picks later ready to pounce all over him.

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

Can you start 4 RBs?
no. 1RB/2WR/1TE and 2 flex, but capped at 2 RB and 2 TE. You can start 4 WR and it's PPR, so WRs always go faster than in other leagues.

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice WR48

and now I have my basic starters + two extra RBs --- still have the 1.9E pick, I guess that draft starts tomorrow and rounds 10-18.

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

and now I have my basic starters + two extra RBs --- still have the 1.9E pick, I guess that draft starts tomorrow and rounds 10-18.
Wow, I've never really been on the Matthews bandwagon, but him slipping to 8.08 is... wow! I'd even take him around that! The only thing I worry there is Gronk possibly starting on the PUP. Otherwise, that is absolutely solid, especially doing that without a 1st rounder!

1.9e(9) - NEXT WEEK

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

Wow, I've never really been on the Matthews bandwagon, but him slipping to 8.08 is... wow! I'd even take him around that! The only thing I worry there is Gronk possibly starting on the PUP. Otherwise, that is absolutely solid, especially doing that without a 1st rounder!
Stephen,

I assume you would only go WR in the first, and I would still try to peddle one of the RBs at the outset of the season. I'd look to the preseason for RB injuries, and immediately approach the six owners of that RB that gets hurt with one of yours. The nice thing is you have (1) six people to trade with (so a few are bound to be bare at RB) and (2) you have a RB at each tier, so you could easily make a 1 to 1 trade, uncomplicated trade. Last year I loaded up on RB as guys fell to me, and it did hurt me throughout the year (I was basically a .500 team throughout the season, except the last couple of weeks where I had Bryce Brown save me at the end of the year to get me into the playoffs. These guys are taking the WRs for a reason...just my $.02...BTW, we have drafted together in SSL, and I find it funny we like the same players...I specifically remember us sniping each other in that draft!

Definitely agree that I need more WRs, but will get a top tier one today or tomorrow at 1.9 E. agree that I need another tight end, both as a potential flex and IF Gronkowski missies games.

OK. Received this PM earlier and wanted some opinions on how I can construct a deal that works out best in my favor.

For a few logistical reasons, I'm trying to swap some of my later round picks in Draft A into other drafts. Any interest in trying to work a trade? I'm just looking for something of fair value to both of us. I'll even tilt the value a little in your favor since you're going out of your way to help me here. Please let me know if you're interested in doing a swap, so I can work up some offer that makes sense.

Here is what I've got to offer up.
11.12A, 12.01A, 14.10A, 14.11C, 15.3A, 15.12A, 18.04H

I have been watching you guys trade, but it is hard to really wrap my mind around a trade across multiple leagues that can best benefit me. I currently have:

17.12A (currently at 9.06)

4.04E (Drafted started this morning)

Then all my picks in H draft starting next week minus my 4th rounder.

I am trying to see the big picture here on how trades across multiple drafts. So shoot me some ideas and include a little about your thought process please.

might have to rethink going RB/RB at 1.12 and 2.01 in G.......was thinking of locking up McCoy and Steven Jackson.....using my flex at RB....but WR's flying off the board....not sure what I would get at the 3-4 turn.....really wanting to lock down Manning with one of those picks at the 3-4 turn...haven't really had a ton of time to do the whole trade thing this year so thinking about just holding tight unless something blows my doors off...

OK. Received this PM earlier and wanted some opinions on how I can construct a deal that works out best in my favor.

For a few logistical reasons, I'm trying to swap some of my later round picks in Draft A into other drafts. Any interest in trying to work a trade? I'm just looking for something of fair value to both of us. I'll even tilt the value a little in your favor since you're going out of your way to help me here. Please let me know if you're interested in doing a swap, so I can work up some offer that makes sense.

Here is what I've got to offer up.

11.12A, 12.01A, 14.10A, 14.11C, 15.3A, 15.12A, 18.04H

I have been watching you guys trade, but it is hard to really wrap my mind around a trade across multiple leagues that can best benefit me. I currently have:

17.12A (currently at 9.06)

4.04E (Drafted started this morning)

Then all my picks in H draft starting next week minus my 4th rounder.

I am trying to see the big picture here on how trades across multiple drafts. So shoot me some ideas and include a little about your thought process please.
You might be overthinking it. Trade as if you were trading picks in any other league, except you have to add the letter at the end to designate where the pick is. If the pick you aquire is higher than the one you trade, you've gained value.

Feel free to use the trade calculator (under tools here at FBG) to gauge multi-pick trades under about pick 160 or so. The IBL uses FBG's calculator to verify the fairness of INTRAboard trades. Moving between drafts just gives more flexibility to get players you might want, but it's hardly required. Some guys do few or no trades. In the end, you can't own more than one of the same player...but 8 owners will own the better players because all 8 draft sites combine into ONE league where you'll play about 6 games weekly.

renesauz...hey could you check on something for me....I looked in the rules but can't seem to find it.....how is the schedule generated in this thing...I assume it is random.....but it also seemed that it wasn't something that was set in stone prior to the season....meaning, in week 1 I couldn't see who I was playing in week 12....it seemed like the schedule was kind of on a week to week basis....I could be totally wrong here and maybe I wasn't paying enough attention...

I'm sure everything is on the up and up.....but I guess what I just want to make sure is that there is not someone having control over the matchups as the season goes on....meaning they have some control over who my six weekly mathcups are against....?

do we end up playing every other team once throughout the season (except for other FBG's)....or how does it work...if I remember correctly I saw the same teams a few times throughout the season....I guess I would just want to see it pretty balanced instead of having to play some of the "better" teams more then once and maybe some of the weaker ones not at all....

I would think it would be possible to see your whole season schedule before the season starts....and maybe we can/do and if that is the case, please disregard this whole post....

Last edited by a moderator:
Love doing trades like this. Tiny value gains, but do a dozen of them and they add up.

Renesauz gives 9.8a and 10.10B
Bodey24 gives 10.6b and 9.9D

You play pretty much everybody twice I think for the regular season...about 12 weeks. Then we bust down into three tiers for playoffs, where the top tier games are worth more team points. The more people we can get into the top tier, the better. During those last 5 or 6 weeks, you play everyone in your tier once

The individual title just goes to the top record in the top tier. The team title is based on points.....1 point for each regular season win and each playoff win in the bottom tier. Playoff wins in the middle and upper tiers are worth more (don't remember if it's 1.5 and 2, or if it's 2 and 3)

thanks.....I know how the playoffs work and how those are broken down, I was just wondering if we are actually able to see our regular season schedule before the season starts or if that is generated on a week to week basis or what.....to make sure we are playing a balanced/fair schedule...."pretty much playing everybody twice" doesn't neccessarily mean we are....and getting stuck playing the tougher matchups could make a difference in our records as a team and as individuals and make a difference on what tiers we end up being in come playoff time....

also.....is there a way to get the "ADP Ranking" option added to the "Manage My Draft List"....instead of just the "Alpha" and "Top Performers"....this would help us make sure we don't miss out on the David Wilson, etc of the world if we use that feature.....I am not sure why this is taken off for this league.....the "Help Center" indicates it is something that has to be done in the "For Commisioner" section....and you can add it.....however we are not commisioners and can't add this feature....would hate to see the main commish's or whoever being able to add this to their page but not the rest of us....not saying that is happening, but just wondering.....

I'm not sure who are the main commisioners, who are just board rep commish's or what.....

thanks....

OldMilwaukee said:
Definitely agree that I need more WRs, but will get a top tier one today or tomorrow at 1.9 E. agree that I need another tight end, both as a potential flex and IF Gronkowski missies games.
WR are flying off the board in E!

I am @ 1.06 in D if you need to get there, let me know.

I like either of those QB's were you got them.
Definitely interested if you want an RB in E - I will wait to talk if you can

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

Draft E went opposite of A-C with all six of the highest wide receivers going in the top seven picks along with ADP and Foster. Discussed a swap with Old Milwaukee but he wanted to go AJ Green in the first, so I reversed direction and drafted Graham.

My starters will now be:

QB - Rodgers

RB - Forte and McFadden - with Wilson and Mathews in reserve or trade bait

WR - Miles Austin & Sidney Rice

TE - Graham & Gronkowski

obviously still need depth at wide receiver, but with nine picks still left, perhaps I can find some bargains there

Stinkin Ref said:
thanks.....I know how the playoffs work and how those are broken down, I was just wondering if we are actually able to see our regular season schedule before the season starts or if that is generated on a week to week basis or what.....to make sure we are playing a balanced/fair schedule...."pretty much playing everybody twice" doesn't neccessarily mean we are....and getting stuck playing the tougher matchups could make a difference in our records as a team and as individuals and make a difference on what tiers we end up being in come playoff time....

also.....is there a way to get the "ADP Ranking" option added to the "Manage My Draft List"....instead of just the "Alpha" and "Top Performers"....this would help us make sure we don't miss out on the David Wilson, etc of the world if we use that feature.....I am not sure why this is taken off for this league.....the "Help Center" indicates it is something that has to be done in the "For Commisioner" section....and you can add it.....however we are not commisioners and can't add this feature....would hate to see the main commish's or whoever being able to add this to their page but not the rest of us....not saying that is happening, but just wondering.....

I'm not sure who are the main commisioners, who are just board rep commish's or what.....

thanks....
The schedule is normally set for the entire regular season, although I haven't checked to see if it is yet this year.

As far as ADP...that's something that was agreed on several years ago, and tough to argue. I've seen a lot of leagues turning off the ADP function for drafts and forcing people to use their own lists instead of MFL's generated ADP.

I usually use draft dominator and keep track of all the drafts with it (I don't bother to list actual teams, just use team 1, team 2, etc. and just throw in the draft picks as the happen)...best way I know of to watch for sliding players.

8.08A QB Eli Manning, NYG
10.06B QB Jay Cutler, CHI

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL
8.11B RB Rashard Mendenhall, ARI

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
8.02C WR Emmanuel Sanders, PIT

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR
9.10A TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET

6.01E, 9.09D, 11.10A, 12.10B, 13.03B, 14.10B, 15.03B, 18.04E

Love the late QBs this year! I'm not generally a fan of QBBC, but the Manning/Cutler duo has a nice matching schedule and could well match most of the top 10 players. Might still throw a late pick at Alex Smith..my dark horse candidate for a surprise top 10 season.

Very happy with how things are going in general. Should net 2 solid WRs at 6.1 and 9.9

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

Draft E went opposite of A-C with all six of the highest wide receivers going in the top seven picks along with ADP and Foster. Discussed a swap with Old Milwaukee but he wanted to go AJ Green in the first, so I reversed direction and drafted Graham.

My starters will now be:

QB - Rodgers

TE - Graham & Gronkowski

obviously still need depth at wide receiver, but with nine picks still left, perhaps I can find some bargains there
team hollaway...take this for what its worth....but I think you are past the point of depth at WR....Austin and Rice are usually "depth" type of guys....you have to start 2 and with all due respect your two suck....Gronk could be out and is now dead weight on your roster (for 6 weeks maybe more) with the addtion of Graham....adding WR "depth" right now is really only adding to your weekly WDIS nightmare at WR....while the thoughts of playing both Graham and Gronk after a few weeks is somewhat tempting....I think you have some damage control to do at WR....your RB depth and even Gronk should maybe be used to try and somehow lock down a strong WR1....just IMO.....I would maybe think about swinging for the fences and unloading Forte maybe with somebody else or a draft pick and try to get into the 2nd somewhere and get a WR....with only having to start 1 RB....you could roll with DMC, Wilson, Mathews, maybe even package Forte.Mathews.....

just some thoughts and I've had a few :banned: so I could be way out of line.....

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

My starters will now be:

QB - Rodgers

TE - Graham & Gronkowski

team hollaway...take this for what its worth....but I think you are past the point of depth at WR....Austin and Rice are usually "depth" type of guys....you have to start 2 and with all due respect your two suck....Gronk could be out and is now dead weight on your roster (for 6 weeks maybe more) with the addtion of Graham....adding WR "depth" right now is really only adding to your weekly WDIS nightmare at WR....while the thoughts of playing both Graham and Gronk after a few weeks is somewhat tempting....I think you have some damage control to do at WR....your RB depth and even Gronk should maybe be used to try and somehow lock down a strong WR1....just IMO.....I would maybe think about swinging for the fences and unloading Forte maybe with somebody else or a draft pick and try to get into the 2nd somewhere and get a WR....with only having to start 1 RB....you could roll with DMC, Wilson, Mathews, maybe even package Forte.Mathews.....

just some thoughts and I've had a few :banned: so I could be way out of line.....
No problems - entire draft has fallen this way on wide receivers. No time now, but will entertain offers on running backs later

yeah looking back you would have thought one of those 5 outside of Megatron would have fallen....Graham actually probably was the best value still on the board at the time....cards just didn't fall right....

Just traded the 3.02E pick and 16.11E picks for the 3.03F and 15.01B picks. Didn't have anyone I just HAD to have at 3.02E, so I'm moving back a spot and may get a chance at a WR that I would have taken in 'E' anyways, AND I move up nearly 2 rounds with the other pick. Might consider trading the 3.03F pick too.

Started out with 1.07F Doug Martin and 2.06F LeSean McCoy

League F is going WR crazy (like they always do here). Rather scoop up 2 stud RBs like this and piece together a WR core later than follow the herd.

League F is going WR crazy (like they always do here). Rather scoop up 2 stud RBs like this and piece together a WR core later than follow the herd.
hard to argue with that value, but remember you can only start two.

Agreed there. That's why I went ADP and Lynch. ALMOST had ADP and McCoy, but 'Shady' was snagged right before my pick.

There are still a lot of great values at RB in E and F. Morris, SJax, and others. I'm considering taking one at 3.03F instead of reaching on a WR. A bit early on QB methinks.

at some point all these WR teams have to start drafting other positions. I'll always take my chances with those 2 RBs over the WRs that were available instead.

WR is deep enough to recover as long as you are stacked at RB and well above average at QB and TE.

Didn't have any offers for it and didn't have time this morning to work on one, so I went ahead and grabbed Reggie Wayne at 3.03F. That gives me:

1.02E ADP

2.11E Lynch

3.03F Wayne

4.11E ??

5.02E ??

Seriously thinking of trying to trade up to very early 4th round to snag Brees if he's around in one of them.

OldMilwaukee said:
Heading into the third rounds with two picks (3.05d and 3.09e)

Team FBG OldMilwaukee

1.05 AJ Green When in Rome?

2.08 LeSean McCoy Got him!

Will consider moving one of the picks, to bank some for future use.

ETA Suggestions,.......

my fellow FBG's brethren?
old mil I see you are on the clock in D....Welker is sticking out like a sore thumb to me.....and PPR and Witten is around...

Didn't have any offers for it and didn't have time this morning to work on one, so I went ahead and grabbed Reggie Wayne at 3.03F. That gives me:

1.02E ADP

2.11E Lynch

3.03F Wayne

4.11E ??

5.02E ??

Seriously thinking of trying to trade up to very early 4th round to snag Brees if he's around in one of them.
Not that we all want/should have the same team (though I am curious how many of us walk away with McCoy), but I was able to get Witten at 4.02 in B and he went 4.01 in A...it would cost a lot for you to move up for him, BUT, with the GB WRs getting hurt, I wonder if the increased ADP that we will likely see in Finley could cool off Witten some? Reality is, those drafts that kicked off this week are so upside down, who knows when someone like a Witten could go?

Also, for WRs, it may make sense to make a lateral move into G or H in order to get more WR value when those drafts kick off...you kind of could have best of both worlds if they don't go as WR crazy (RB value in E, WR value in G or H).

Here is where I am at so far...liked my start and my middle rounds have sputtered a bit...got sniped for Monte Bell in B and Denarius Moore too in B...

QB - Rothlisberger - 10.02B - not loving this pick, but he seemed to be the "safest" of the group - I'll likely counter him with 1-2 upside QBs

RB - McCoy - 1.11B

RB - Wilson - 5.11B

RB - M. Ball - 7.12C - gave away 3% on Dodds for him...probably too much

WR - J. Jones - 2.02B

WR - Welker - 3.11B

WR - D. Jackson - 6.02B

WR - Hilton - 7.11B

WR - Wright - 9.11B

Happy with my WRs - would have been ecstatic if it were D Moore instead of Wright where I got sniped.

TE - Witten - 4.02B

TE - Keller - 11.11B

I "think" I really like this duo...I have to admit, I have heard zero buzz around Keller. I checked and do not believe he is hurt...any insight?

Was going to kick off the Def run for the draft, but chickened out.

my draft doesn't tee up till Monday and I keep changing my mind what to do at 1.12 and 2.01.....in the later drafts, WR's are getting killed in the first......and the RB value just seems crazy.....but decen are RB's are still available later because of the continuing WR run......I just feel if I pass on WR at the first turn, I could end up being stuck with something like what Holloway has run into.....RB value is hard to pass up, but it almost seems like you have to at some point....very weird feeling...

I know at some point those WR teams will have to go a different direction but right now it seems like they don't really give a #### about RB or even QB...

eta: its like they are still going to be able to get decent RB value (especially in PPR) with guys like Sproles, Bush, CJ, etc still availble late....tryingto squeeze them out by grabbing RB value may not work

oops tons of errors in first draft of this post

my draft doesn't tee up till Monday and I keep changing my mind what to do at 1.12 and 2.01.....in the later drafts, WR's are getting killed in the first......and the RB value just seems crazy.....but decen are RB's are still available later because of the continuing RB run......I just feel if I pass on WR at the first turn, I could end up being stuck with something like what Holloway has run into.....RB value is hard to pass up, but it almost seems like you have to at some point....very weird feeling...

I know at some point those WR teams will have to go a different direction but right now it seems like they don't really give a #### about RB or even QB...
This is where you need some soft trade options available from your fellow FBGs. The guys who have killed it at RB might want to offer one of the bargain RBs for your draft position.

old mil...just IMO but with the WR frenzy...I would lock down Welker in D and then maybe still look to deal your other 3rd....I think Welker cayches a ton of balls this year....more then people think....he is clicking with Manning and I know they always say this about him, but he is ALWAYS open.....Manning will pepper him all year....

my draft doesn't tee up till Monday and I keep changing my mind what to do at 1.12 and 2.01.....in the later drafts, WR's are getting killed in the first......and the RB value just seems crazy.....but decen are RB's are still available later because of the continuing RB run......I just feel if I pass on WR at the first turn, I could end up being stuck with something like what Holloway has run into.....RB value is hard to pass up, but it almost seems like you have to at some point....very weird feeling...

This is where you need some soft trade options available from your fellow FBGs. The guys who have killed it at RB might want to offer one of the bargain RBs for your draft position.
I'm not real sure how to execute this....

I intentionally asked for a late draft pick in these because I thought I would easily be able to walk away with an RB combo of Steven Jackson and a guy like Forte or in a perfect world McCoy....I thought that would be a great start because I thought I could get guys like Bowe, Amendola, maybe even a Vincent Jackson etc at the 3-4 turn....but now those WR's are going mid second early third....now I'm really confused cause if I jump on the WR train at 1-2 I feel like I will be reaching for second tier talent at WR with that first turn because IMO there is a drop off after CJ, Dez, Green, Marshall, Thomas, and Julio who are all going in the first....taking guys like Fitz and Cobb that early seems like a real reach and zero value....

bottom line: have a feeling I won't be happy with WR value at either the 1-2 turn or the 3-4 turn no matter what I do.....

so I guess I might as well go RB/RB.....

not sure of the advantage of using RB as your flex right now

at some point all these WR teams have to start drafting other positions. I'll always take my chances with those 2 RBs over the WRs that were available instead.

WR is deep enough to recover as long as you are stacked at RB and well above average at QB and TE.
:goodposting: I'm hardly disagreeing with your logic. The only real downside is you could lose some flexibility later.

Stinkin',

I also think there is the chance your draft corrects the trend in D-F...personally, I would be surprised if the WRs fly off the board in your draft like they have in D-F.

I'd try to go a combo of WR/RB (regardless of order) on that turn...maybe you end up overpaying for a Roddy White-type, but you also will get the value you back on the RB you select (possibly a Jamal Charles). If you go RB/RB, you get the double value there, but end up reaching at WR later in the draft...just my opinion.

Made my first two picks 11.12A and 12.01A. Went with BJGE and Fred Davis.

Really odd feeling making your first draft picks at the 11/12 turn. Not knowing what your starters look like and trying to fill in holes that aren't there yet.

Added Heyward-Bey in the late 11th. Pretty happy with him there the way he's been doing in camp. Kid has gotten better every year in the NFL and it wouldn't shock me one bit to see him catch 70-80 balls for close to 1000.

I'm not real sure how to execute this....

I intentionally asked for a late draft pick in these because I thought I would easily be able to walk away with an RB combo of Steven Jackson and a guy like Forte or in a perfect world McCoy....I thought that would be a great start because I thought I could get guys like Bowe, Amendola, maybe even a Vincent Jackson etc at the 3-4 turn....but now those WR's are going mid second early third....now I'm really confused cause if I jump on the WR train at 1-2 I feel like I will be reaching for second tier talent at WR with that first turn because IMO there is a drop off after CJ, Dez, Green, Marshall, Thomas, and Julio who are all going in the first....taking guys like Fitz and Cobb that early seems like a real reach and zero value....

bottom line: have a feeling I won't be happy with WR value at either the 1-2 turn or the 3-4 turn no matter what I do.....

so I guess I might as well go RB/RB.....

not sure of the advantage of using RB as your flex right now
Holloway got Forte at 2.5 and is in dire need of WR. Seems like you could move him one of your turn picks and a later pick for Forte and someone else off his roster you like.

OldMilwaukee said:
Sweet Love said:
Stinkin',

I also think there is the chance your draft corrects the trend in D-F...personally, I would be surprised if the WRs fly off the board in your draft like they have in D-F.

I'd try to go a combo of WR/RB (regardless of order) on that turn...maybe you end up overpaying for a Roddy White-type, but you also will get the value you back on the RB you select (possibly a Jamal Charles). If you go RB/RB, you get the double value there, but end up reaching at WR later in the draft...just my opinion.
like my first two picks:

1.05 AJ Green

2.08 LeSean McCoy
Yep, kinda like a ying/yang thing going on...lol on the McCoy, BTW...I thought I did OK in B when I nabbed him at 1.11. Think those first two picks were real nice, OM.

Users who are viewing this thread