What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (2 Viewers)

Are we missing the boat?

Five pages of INTRABOARD trades and FBG's have only had one.

All the other boards are in double digits when it come to trading between themselves.

To much bother? No secure place for discussion?

Thoughts?
Missing it big time. For example (and I realize he was under the gun to pick), but I would have liked to selected Spiller with Ref's 1/2 turn pick and trade him my 2/3 turn picks. He would have netted Welker, improved his RB, and still have another bumped pick to net the TE he covets or a high caliber QB. I would still have been able to grab Gronk with the 3/4 turn pick.

BnB would have been - Calvin Johnson, Spiller, Chris Johnson, Gronk

Ref may have been - Fitz, Welker, SJax, Gonzo/Davis, Ryan

INtraboard trades are great for filling holes, but the team gains no value. And several of us have made a living trading with other boards and picking up value in picks. So our intra total might be misleading re. activity for many of us.

That said, we have a handful of guys who've been quiet both in posting thoughts/intentions and in trading. Not necessarily a terrible thing, but certainly not optimizing the format and the flexibility offered by having 95 potential trade partners and 7 other boards with differing player valuations.

Are we missing the boat?

All the other boards are in double digits when it come to trading between themselves.

Thoughts?
Yep, I do think we missed the boat. BnB had a cool suggestion above to whoever is in G/H with him to basically split their remaining picks and have a presence in both drafts...can someone remember to suggest that next year (I love the idea BnB).

I have been pretty busy with work, dying pet and a move (with three kids 11 and under), so I played it pretty straight and just did a couple of intrasquad trades.

If anyone needs anything (wants to swap players or picks for my players, please let me know:

QB - Rothlisberger

QB - Vick

RB - McCoy

RB - Wilson

RB - M Ball

RB - Rodgers

RB - Randle

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Welker

WR - D. Jackson

WR - Hilton

WR - Wright

WR - Sanu

TE - Keller

TE - Witten

Def - Pitt

Def - Balt

K - Bullock

WR -
FWIW, Ruds and I worked several angles to imporve our teams and came up with nothing.

Duckboy and I have been talking.

If you got Rodgers at good value, I'd upgrade you from that spot to acquire him. Duck has an OTC pick and if you like Nelson better than Djax, contact him asap. I'd trade you 5.1 for Djax.

Not sure where you drafted your guys, but you guys with full roster could help us by postin your roster and what pick you took them at.

Are we missing the boat?

Thoughts?
Yep, I do think we missed the boat. BnB had a cool suggestion above to whoever is in G/H with him to basically split their remaining picks and have a presence in both drafts...can someone remember to suggest that next year (I love the idea BnB).

I have been pretty busy with work, dying pet and a move (with three kids 11 and under), so I played it pretty straight and just did a couple of intrasquad trades.

If anyone needs anything (wants to swap players or picks for my players, please let me know:

QB - Rothlisberger

QB - Vick

RB - McCoy

RB - Wilson

RB - M Ball

RB - Rodgers

RB - Randle

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Welker

WR - D. Jackson

WR - Hilton

WR - Wright

WR - Sanu

TE - Keller

TE - Witten

Def - Pitt

Def - Balt

K - Bullock

WR -
FWIW, Ruds and I worked several angles to imporve our teams and came up with nothing.

Duckboy and I have been talking.

If you got Rodgers at good value, I'd upgrade you from that spot to acquire him. Duck has an OTC pick and if you like Nelson better than Djax, contact him asap. I'd trade you 5.1 for Djax.

Not sure where you drafted your guys, but you guys with full roster could help us by postin your roster and what pick you took them at.
Good call on the picks:

QB - Rothlisberger - 10.02B

QB - Vick - 13.11B

RB - McCoy - 1.11B

RB - Wilson - 5.11B

RB - M Ball -7.12C

RB - Rodgers - 13.11A

RB - Randle - 17.11B

WR - Julio Jones - 2..02B

WR - Welker - 3.11B

WR - D. Jackson - 6.02B

WR - Hilton - 7.11B

WR - Wright - 9.11B

WR - Sanu - 13.12C

TE - Keller - 11.11B

TE - Witten - 4.02B

Def - Pitt - 15.11B

Def - Balt - 16.02B

K - Bullock - 18.02B

ETA: I am good moving Rodgers, though a bit weary about losing RB depth...with that said, I have no business reason to have the ATL backup versus any other team's back up, so throw me an offer and I can probably do it. Also, if I am weak at RB, I have to have strong WRs and am bullish on D-Jax this year, so I really want to hold him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OldMilwaukee said:
Here you go BA

1.05d(5)A.J. Green

2.08d(20)LeSean McCoy

3.09e(33)Alfred Morris

4.07f(43)Jason Witten

5.05d(53)Steve Johnson

5.10d(58)DeSean Jackson

6.04f(64) Matthew Stafford

7.09f (81) Robert Griffin III

10.03d(111) Brian Hartline

10.04f(112) Rashard Mendenhall

11.11d (131) Seahawks

12.08d (140) Pierre Thomas

13.05d(149) Andrea Roberts

14.08d(164) Mercedes Lewis

14.10f (166)

16.08d(188)

17.05d(197)

18.08d

You can always find my updated roster in my signature at the FFLivewire forum.
That's a really strong looking team.

You got me thinking about Nelson now Duckboy.
If you believe (as I do) that he may take a bit to get started but will hit strong late, he's not that much different for endgame than your Gronk strategy. If you land him and Djax or SSmith at the turn and health holds, SJax/Calvin/Nelson/DJax/Gronk could be near unstoppable come playoffs.

what are your guys thoughts on Steve Johnson....for some reason I have been feeling like passing on him quite a bit this year......have no justification other then my gut is saying stay away.....

also....I am warming big time on Josh Gordon and think I am willing to pull the trigger in mid rounds to get a guy that could put up early round numbers...?...those two weeks will be over before we know it....

dude is looking beastly a little.....?...or not...?

I say that because part of me thinks if it's the 5th round and it's Johnson or Gordon...I'm going Gordon

what are your guys thoughts on Steve Johnson....for some reason I have been feeling like passing on him quite a bit this year......have no justification other then my gut is saying stay away.....

also....I am warming big time on Josh Gordon and think I am willing to pull the trigger in mid rounds to get a guy that could put up early round numbers...?...those two weeks will be over before we know it....

I say that because part of me thinks if it's the 5th round and it's Johnson or Gordon...I'm going Gordon
You'll notice Stevie is on my roser, and I even reached for him a bit. He scored the 56th most points in this league last year. He is a low end WR2/high end WR3. The Bills receiver corps got significantly better and the rising tide should lift up Stevie as well.

I also rostered Hartline, and believe he also is significantly better with the addition of Wallace, and very undervalued.

I'm concerned about Johnson with a new QB likely taking the reins. In two of the final four weeks he will be on Revis Island and in the Buffalo weather.

I would go Gordon if you don't mind taking a risk. I thought he was looking beastly towards the end of least season.

You got me thinking about Nelson now Duckboy.
If you believe (as I do) that he may take a bit to get started but will hit strong late, he's not that much different for endgame than your Gronk strategy. If you land him and Djax or SSmith at the turn and health holds, SJax/Calvin/Nelson/DJax/Gronk could be near unstoppable come playoffs.
After watching Carolina last night I dropped Smith a little further down my board. I just don't see the TDs. Had to take Murray as he out points any of the WRs. Ended up taking Nelson and going with a strategy to be strong at the end when the team points are worth more.

BassNBrew said:
Stinkin Ref said:

I'm concerned about Johnson with a new QB likely taking the reins. In two of the final four weeks he will be on Revis Island and in the Buffalo weather.

I would go Gordon if you don't mind taking a risk. I thought he was looking beastly towards the end of least season.
He is one of the few that has done well against Revis.

Your better than that BA

Liking my squad:

8.08A QB Eli Manning, NYG
10.06B QB Jay Cutler, CHI

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL
8.11B RB Rashard Mendenhall, ARI
13.03B RB Mark Ingram, NO

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
5.09 WR DeSean Jackson, PHI
8.02C WR Emmanuel Sanders, PIT
11.10A WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, IND

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR
9.10A TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET

12.10B DST San Francisco

14.10B PK Stephen Gostkowski, NE

10.04H, 16.04H, 18.04E

I ended up getting Alex SMith at the 18.04 slot. QBs are cheap in the IBL, but in an Andy Reid offense, sheer passing volume could make him a borderline QB1.

Only problem is that I have no need for 3 QB's. Anyone want Cutler for something equivalently valued?

8.08A QB Eli Manning, NYG
10.06B QB Jay Cutler, CHI
18.04E QB Alex Smith, KC

1.03B RB Doug Martin, TB
5.01B RB DeMarco Murray, DAL
8.11B RB Rashard Mendenhall, ARI
13.03B RB Mark Ingram, NO

2.12B WR Vincent Jackson, TB
3.01B WR Victor Cruz, NYG
5.09 WR DeSean Jackson, PHI
8.02C WR Emmanuel Sanders, PIT
11.10A WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, IND

7.01B TE Greg Olsen, CAR
9.10A TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET

12.10B DST San Francisco

14.10B PK Stephen Gostkowski, NE

10.04H, 16.04H

QB - RG III (5), Kaepernick (9)

RB - SJax (6), Murray (11)

WR - CJ (9), Nelson (4)

TE - Gronk (10)

Dang it's gonna be a mess picking a QB this year. Both have cake schedules. I couldn't pass on taking both last turn. I have each of them in the top five in this format. There was RB talent left, but I'm already at my max start number. Didn't see much difference at TE and WR between what I could have taken and what will be available next turn.

Annnnd I'm finished.

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

D/ST GIANTS

K M Prater

K J Tucker

Fairly happy with my team. A little bit of buyer's remorse for drafting Ryan at 5.02. However, being at the turn, I had no idea who would still be available at the 6.11 pick, unless I was able to make a deal. If I had known that there would be a lot of quality QBs still later on I would have waited. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with things.

Team Old Milwaukee:

Mathew Stafford, Robert Griffin III, EJ Manuel

LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Rashard Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas

A.J. Green, Steve Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Brian Hartline, Andrea Roberts, Malcom Floyd, Donald Avery

Jason Witten, Mercedes Lewis

Seahawks

Josh Brown

I am very pleased.

My updated team with the 8.04H, 9.09H, 13.09H, and 18.04H left to draft.

Aaron Rodgers (3.09)

Rivers (15.03)

Sproles (4.04)

Ridley (6.01)

DeAngelo (9.09)

BJGE (11.12)

D Thomas (1.09)

Roddy (2.04)

Mike Williams (6.04)

Kenny Britt (7.09)

Markus Wheaton (17.12)

Fred Davis (12.01)

Randy Bulluck (14.11)

Chicago Bears (14.10)

Need to fill in another hole or two, but then unsure what to do with my last few picks. We will have to see what is there at the time I am OTC. Fairly happy with this team so far as solid. Doesn't blow me away, but maybe I can find one or two guys that hit their up side this year.

Roster troubles intensify with the season ending injury to Dustin Keller. Was planning to start two tight ends each week and now have only Graham and Gronkowski.

Can someone remind me of when the actual league site gets set up. Seems I recall that there are no waivers before the season begins, but I did not remember the drafts lasting this close to the season starting. Perhaps I was always in the early ones though.

Thanks

Annnnd I'm finished.

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

D/ST GIANTS

K M Prater

K J Tucker

Fairly happy with my team. A little bit of buyer's remorse for drafting Ryan at 5.02. However, being at the turn, I had no idea who would still be available at the 6.11 pick, unless I was able to make a deal. If I had known that there would be a lot of quality QBs still later on I would have waited. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with things.
I like your team alot!

Except for that two kicker thing! Whats your thinking there?

debating between Britt and E. Sanders with my last pick on this turn...8.01.....any thoughts...?

Ryan Mathews and Ivory still available....Bradshaw...Bernard

Kap

CJ2K

R. Bush

Fitz

Welker

V. Davis

Cameron

leaning towards Sanders....better QB...will be involved, etc....not sure I trust Locker/Britt

Roster troubles intensify with the season ending injury to Dustin Keller. Was planning to start two tight ends each week and now have only Graham and Gronkowski.

Can someone remind me of when the actual league site gets set up. Seems I recall that there are no waivers before the season begins, but I did not remember the drafts lasting this close to the season starting. Perhaps I was always in the early ones though.

Thanks
If you post your team, maybe I can pick a TE late for you if you have a WR/RB you wouldn't mind parting with.

debating between Britt and E. Sanders with my last pick on this turn...8.01.....any thoughts...?

Kap

CJ2K

R. Bush

Fitz

Welker

V. Davis

Cameron

leaning towards Sanders....better QB...will be involved, etc....not sure I trust Locker/Britt
Here's my thinking. I'm drafting guys with potential to be difference makers at their position. Britt could be that guy. Sanders has a much lower ceiling.

Kap

CJ2K

R. Bush

Fitz

Welker

V. Davis

Cameron

Here's my thinking. I'm drafting guys with potential to be difference makers at their position. Britt could be that guy. Sanders has a much lower ceiling.
yeah and thats why I almost pulled the trigger on Britt....top 10 type talent still available....but Locker makes me nervous...it could really be Hass Fitz that ends up playing.....Hunter's in town, Wright, Washington......with bad QB play even though Britt is top 10 talent, he could get lost in the wash.....he is in a contract year and I seriously doubt they resign him....not sure if that affects his playing time or not.....kind of the arrow pointing down thing.....plus there are reports of his knee acting up....

whereas Sanders is more of arrow pointing up thing.....Wallace gone....locked in as the #2 or #1A some think....job security...NE wanted him, Ben wanted him back and influenced PIT into resigning him.....Ben is a better QB....while Britt may be more of a difference maker, it seems like it has been in spurts....don't think he has ever had 800 yards receiving or more than 45 receptions....had a nice year with some TD's and his highest yards but didn't like 3 of them and over 200 of his yards happen in one game against the Eagles or something...?...

went with Sanders....we'll see...

Kap

CJ2K

R. Bush

Fitz

Welker

V. Davis

Cameron

yeah and thats why I almost pulled the trigger on Britt....top 10 type talent still available....but Locker makes me nervous...it could really be Hass that ends up playing.....Hunter's in town, Wright, Washington......with bad QB play even though Britt is top 10 talent, he could get lost in the wash.....he is in a contract year and I seriously doubt they resign him....not sure if that affects his playing time or not.....kind of the arrow pointing down thing.....plus there are reports of his knee acting up....

whereas Sanders is more of arrow pointing up thing.....Wallace gone....locked in as the #2 or #1A some think....job security...NE wanted him, Ben wanted him back and influenced PIT into resigning him.....Ben is a better QB....while Britt may be more of a difference maker, it seems like it has been in spurts....don't think he has ever had 800 yards receiving or more than 45 receptions....had a nice year with some TD's and his highest yards but didn't like 3 of them and over 200 of his yards happen in one game against the Eagles or something...?...

went with Sanders....we'll see...
Probably a good idea.

Team Old Milwaukee:

Mathew Stafford, Robert Griffin III, EJ Manuel

LeSean McCoy, Alfred Morris, Rashard Mendenhall, Pierre Thomas

A.J. Green, Steve Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Brian Hartline, Andrea Roberts, Malcom Floyd, Donald Avery

Jason Witten, Mercedes Lewis

Seahawks

Josh Brown

I am very pleased.
I like this squad a lot

Thanks
You were probably always in early ones, because this is fairly typical.

The main site league is already made, but rosters will have to be imported after the drafts are done. And you are correct about waivers....I actually had my predraft for round 18 set up to take a 2nd kicker if Alex Smith was gone...just in case I or another team-mate got nailed by a last minute kicker injury.

Would be a good idea for one or two folks to snag a kicker with an 18th rounder if they are otherwise happy with their squad.

Annnnd I'm finished.

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

D/ST GIANTS

K M Prater

K J Tucker

I like your team alot!

No waivers before week one. It's a good plan for a couple of team members to draft a second kicker.

Team Holloway

1.9e(9) Graham TE1

2.5C(17) Forte RB10

3.8C(32) Gronkowski TE3

4.5C(41) Rodgers QB1

5.8C(56) McFadden RB20

6.5C(65) Miles Austin WR32

6.6A (66) David Wilson RB24

8.8A (90) Ryan Mathews

9..8C (104) Sidney Rice

10 Chris Givens

11 Cordarelle Patterson

12 Dustin Keller

13 Kennan Allen

14 Ryan Tannehill

15 Rams DST

16 Kenny Stills

17 Andre Roberts

18 Josh Brown

Willing to trade Patterson, Allen, Stills, or Roberts for a tight end to play early if Gronkowski is not ready to go first game.

Willing to talk about a WR 2 type for Mathews or David Wilson also if someone is interested.

Annnnd I'm finished.

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

D/ST GIANTS

K M Prater

K J Tucker

I like your team alot!

No waivers before week one. It's a good plan for a couple of team members to draft a second kicker.
I can do this if need be.....

Annnnd I'm finished.

QB M Ryan

QB C Palmer

RB A Peterson

RB M Lynch

RB A Bradshaw

RB V Ballard

WR R Wayne

WR M Austin

WR L Moore

WR B Hartline

WR C Patterson

WR S Moss

TE V Davis

TE J Gresham

D/ST RAVENS

D/ST GIANTS

K M Prater

K J Tucker

I like your team alot!

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there. Must've been getting our Survivor ones mixed up with that one and forgot we could just pick one up off of waivers more than likely. Ohhh well... Same could probably be said about a second DST. But the good thing is, I only wasted late late picks on them.

Thanks
You were probably always in early ones, because this is fairly typical.

The main site league is already made, but rosters will have to be imported after the drafts are done. And you are correct about waivers....I actually had my predraft for round 18 set up to take a 2nd kicker if Alex Smith was gone...just in case I or another team-mate got nailed by a last minute kicker injury.

Would be a good idea for one or two folks to snag a kicker with an 18th rounder if they are otherwise happy with their squad.
Are you just trying to make me feel better for doing so? :P

we should only need a couple, and at least one person already took a second kicker. It's just for team backup.

What the draft board just got picked clean in round 8. Ended up taking Gates and Cameron at 8.12 and 9.1. Really was hoping V. Brown would last.

QB - Kaepernick, RG3

RB - SJax, Murray

WR - CJ, Nelson

TE - Gronk, Gates, Cameron

I'll have to move a QB or TE for a 3rd WR at some point. Right now I can start 2rb/2wr/2te. Would move a TE right now for V. Brown or similiar WR.

What kind of roster break down are we typically looking at for these leagues?

I currently have

QB - 2

RB - 4

WR - 5

TE - 2

K - 1

DEF - 1

Still have 3 picks to go and I am thinking another RB and WR, then either a second PK or best TE/QB available. Thoughts?

What kind of roster break down are we typically looking at for these leagues?

I currently have

QB - 2

RB - 4

WR - 5

TE - 2

K - 1

DEF - 1

Still have 3 picks to go and I am thinking another RB and WR, then either a second PK or best TE/QB available. Thoughts?
Much like in the drafts, WRs remain the tougher haul in FA. You only have to start 1 RB, so there's no reason to get more than 4 unless you're throwing a late pick at a high upside longshot you can cut later. In the past, there's usually been a couple low end QBs hanging around on waivers.

Throw darts at upside, but if in doubt take the WR or TE.

8.06 QB Tony Romo

11.07 QB Andy Dalton

1.07 RB Doug Martin

2.06 RB LeSean McCoy

6.06 RB David Wilson

12.06 RB Bryce Brown

15.07 RB Fred Jackson

3.07 WR Hakeem Nicks

4.06 WR Steve Smith

5.07 WR Cecil Shorts

7.07 WR Mike Williams

13.07 WR Robert Woods

16.06 WR Percy Harvin

9.07 TE Brandon Pettigrew

10.06 TE Martellus Bennett

14.06 DEF Bengals

There's a guy offering Lacy for Gates. I have an extra TE, but was going to use him until Gronk came back. I wouldn't be able to play Lacy, but one on my TEs isn't playable when Gronk comes back. I also may not have Nelson to start the season. Which do you think would be better trade bait for a WR down the road?

I'm pretty comfortable barring injury Gates bounces back this year. That said, Lacy offers much more upside.

QB - Kaepernick, RG3

RB - SJax, Murray

WR - CJ, Nelson

BassNBrew said:
There's a guy offering Lacy for Gates. I have an extra Gates, but was going to use him until Gronk came back. I wouldn't be able to play Lacy, but one on my TEs isn't playable when Gronk comes back. I also may not have Nelson to start the season. Which do you think would be better trade bait for a WR down the road?

I'm pretty comfortable barring injury Gates bounces back this year. That said, Lacy offers much more upside.

QB - Kaepernick, RG3

RB - SJax, Murray

WR - CJ, Nelson

I could be wrong, but I thought the rules stated you can only own one "copy" of a player.

Trade him before you get busted.

BassNBrew said:
There's a guy offering Lacy for Gates. I have an extra Gates, but was going to use him until Gronk came back. I wouldn't be able to play Lacy, but one on my TEs isn't playable when Gronk comes back. I also may not have Nelson to start the season. Which do you think would be better trade bait for a WR down the road?

QB - Kaepernick, RG3

RB - SJax, Murray

WR - CJ, Nelson

I could be wrong, but I thought the rules stated you can only own one "copy" of a player.

Sorry, my bad. I meant I had an extra TE (well sort of after Gronk comes back). So thoughts on Gates for lacy given my roster and these starting requirements?

BassNBrew said:

QB - Kaepernick, RG3

RB - SJax, Murray

WR - CJ, Nelson

Sorry, my bad. I meant I had an extra TE (well sort of after Gronk comes back). So thoughts on Gates for lacy given my roster and these starting requirements?
I would still hold him, your not finished yet.

I would rather have Lacy on my roster than Gates...to me Lacy could end up being a plug in difference maker....Gates, not so much....IMO....

Users who are viewing this thread