Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2013 Interboard Challenge League

renesauz

From the league board:

What a crazy way to start the fantasy season. There are no - none, zero - winless teams after two weeks. This is not normal. There is only one undefeated teams. Shout out of Sweet Love for this accomplishment. This is also an oddity. But it's a measure of the whiplash that was week two. Half a dozen or more teams that were in the top tier after week 1 reciprocated their records. And while Sweet Love holds the best record, and repkllrs has been the most consistent, the top scorer for the week was Infinity (Huddle), who was only sitting at 3-4 after one week. Last week's top scorer? Went 2-5, and sits now at 24th. All this to say that here, early in the 2013 season, there is nothing constant . . . except Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

The week one leaders only helped themselves out this week, putting up another 50-win week, opening up the early season lead over . . . well, everybody. But the competition is tight behind them, and especially early, even the 27 games that separate them from 7th place is a drop in the bucket. And Livewire can attest after this week, fortune is fickle, and success is fleeting. Teams in the middle are jockeying for position, getting ready for the bye weeks, just a couple of weeks away. Fun times, though, as the boards clump together almost as much as the individual teams.

Football Guys . . . . . . 103-65 (50-34) -

Dynasty FW . . . . . . . . 94-74 (48-36) 9

Huddle . . . . . . . . . . . . 87-81 (43-41) 16

Sports Outlaw . . . . . . . 83-85 (39-45) 20

FF Today . . . . . . . . . . . 82-86 (45-39) 21

Fantasy Sharks . . . . . . 82-86 (48-36) 21

FF Livewire . . . . . . . . . .76-92 (33-51) 27

FF Guru . . . . . . . . . . . . .65-103 (30-54) 38

Good luck in this coming week, guys.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I'm seeing on the wire...

Dobson, Aaron NEP WR

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

Royal, Eddie SDC WR

Snelling, Jason ATL RB

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

And possibly Starks for any Lacy owners.

gonna add a couple I might be sniffing...

Manuel..... (who waived week 1) like the hurry up for some increased potential as we move forward...

Woodhead....17 touches last week....9 rushes...8 catches.....got a feeling he keeps it up...he may be my number one claim...3 versions of him available

Burleson

I'm kinda bullish on Starks...totally going out on a limb, but I think it is different when a lineman, RB, LB get a concussion versus the other skilled players...Lacy is going to come back (at some point), only to have guys ramming into him head first 20 time per game. I'm really curious how guys in this situation will be handled in 2013, and whether the tests get so stringent that he is delayed coming back regardless of whether he can.

I am liking the young TE's that are available. Dropping M. Lewis for ?

Charles Clay

Jordon Reed

Garrett Graham

Whom do you like?

Clay - He seems to be a security blanket for Tannehill

Graham - Solid talent, but will continue to have reduced opportunities with Daniels on the field and Hopkins emerging

Reed - I would prefer Marcedes to him

T-Minus 51 minutes...do you guys see anyone out there worth grabbing? I saw someone dropped Ahmad Bradshaw. I can't imagine his worth is high, but if TRich were to go down...

Here is my Roster...thinking I could/should improve my DEF and kicker...not sure which to drop in Def.

Vick, Michael PHI QB

Ball, Montee DEN RB ®

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB

Wilson, David NYG RB

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR

Gibson, Brandon MIA WR

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR (Q)

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR (Q)

Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR

Welker, Wes DEN WR

Wright, Kendall TEN WR (Q)

Clark, Dallas BAL TE

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Bullock, Randy HOU PK

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

OK...so BnB and Stinkin', you guys sniped me for Bradshaw and Schaub...at least we are keepin' them in the family!

LOVE the FBG drive on the WW!!!! 11:00:10...you are too late!!!

sorry.....I don't even really need Schaub but just thought he was a nice addition right now if Kap gets hurt....a bump over Roth....Vick is taking a pounding you could probably use him more then me....you might think about adding Manuel....in the hurry up, he might progress and put up some numbers, threw it 39 times last week....

like that most seem committed to winning this mofo this year....

great start SL....congrats....nicely done...

And now the bad news as FBG caught close to every Charles owner ( actualy we drew 7 or the 8 Charles owners). Week 3 after Thursday Nite...

Rene - Sub par nite for him with DJax at 9.2. Two opponents had McCoy and his 21.8 pts. Definately battling from behind this week.

Bass - Clean slate for me. Time for me to contribute for a change.

Sinrman - No one going for him tontie. Two opponents had Bowe (1.8) giving him and advantage. One had Vick and Djax which was likely a push. One had Henry which is a slight advantage. One had KC D which is a big hole.

Old Mil - Sitting at 31 with McCoy and DJax. Probably an average nite for him. He drew one Charles (bad), one Bowe (very good), one Vick (neutral), one Eagles (good), and 3 clean slates.

Ruds - Had McCoy going. Drew 5 clean slates, one DJax (good). Unfortunately one opponent had KC, Charles, and DJax for 62 and some change.

Gringo - Started no one tonite. Drew one McCoy owner and one McCoy/Charles/Djax owner (down 53+).

Ref - No one going for him. 5 clean slates, one Henry owner, one Charles/KC owner. Likely a game down.

Bro1nocs - Had Henry (4 pts) going tonite. Drew 5 clean slates, one Henry owner, and one Vick owner. Proably gave up a couple of points to most of his oppenents.

Clash - Started no one tonite. Drew 4 clean slate. Caught a Charles owner (huge hole), a Smith/DJax owner (nice advantage for Clash), and a Henry owner (small adv. Clash)

Duckboy - No one going for him. 6 clean slates and caught the KC Def once.

Holloway - No one starting for him. Caught two Charles owners. Down big in two matches.

Sweet Love - Started Vick, MCCoy and DJax tonite for 52.4 pts. Drew 4 clean slates and 3 Bowe owners. Sl off to an average start this week but already has an advantage in 3 matches.

Bro1nocs - Had Henry (4 pts) going tonite. Drew 5 clean slates, one Henry owner, and one Vick owner. Proably gave up a couple of points to most of his oppenents.

Yea, wasn't a good start to the night when Chip Kelly decided to go for 2 after their first TD.

And now the bad news as FBG caught close to every Charles owner ( actualy we drew 7 or the 8 Charles owners). Week 3 after Thursday Nite...

Rene - Sub par nite for him with DJax at 9.2. Two opponents had McCoy and his 21.8 pts. Definately battling from behind this week.

Bass - Clean slate for me. Time for me to contribute for a change.

Sinrman - No one going for him tontie. Two opponents had Bowe (1.8) giving him and advantage. One had Vick and Djax which was likely a push. One had Henry which is a slight advantage. One had KC D which is a big hole.

Old Mil - Sitting at 31 with McCoy and DJax. Probably an average nite for him. He drew one Charles (bad), one Bowe (very good), one Vick (neutral), one Eagles (good), and 3 clean slates.

Ruds - Had McCoy going. Drew 5 clean slates, one DJax (good). Unfortunately one opponent had KC, Charles, and DJax for 62 and some change.

Gringo - Started no one tonite. Drew one McCoy owner and one McCoy/Charles/Djax owner (down 53+).

Ref - No one going for him. 5 clean slates, one Henry owner, one Charles/KC owner. Likely a game down.

Clash - Started no one tonite. Drew 4 clean slate. Caught a Charles owner (huge hole), a Smith/DJax owner (nice advantage for Clash), and a Henry owner (small adv. Clash)

Duckboy - No one going for him. 6 clean slates and caught the KC Def once.

Holloway - No one starting for him. Caught two Charles owners. Down big in two matches.

Sweet Love - Started Vick, MCCoy and DJax tonite for 52.4 pts. Drew 4 clean slates and 3 Bowe owners. Sl off to an average start this week but already has an advantage in 3 matches.

Great analysis, BnB...I thought my "Reign of Terror" was over with just 52 points between the three Eagles, but drawing three Bowe owners and their 1.4 points really helps matters. I'm living and dying with the Eagles, and couldn't even watch the game with the pounding Vick was taking (15+ years of FF and I never had that reaction).

Stinkin', no worries on Schaub...I was thinking Manuel, and even Fowles (while I peeked at the game a couple of times), but either way, I am hoping to squeeze 16 out of Vick.

OOOOFFFFFF

Very rough week for me...most of my guys did very little. Not sure I broke 100 :(

My scores were not that good, but I have a likely 5-2 and if McFadden can score about 15, I could be 6-1. Getting a break with my opponents, but need for Gronkowski to get on the field and play like it was 2011 or 2012. Opponents still have Decker and Welker so McFadden needs to hold the leads.

Renesauz: 2-5

BassNBrew: 7-0 (161 pts)

Sinrman: 1-6 (2-5 if Prater socres 11)

Old Mil: 4-2 (will pick up 5th win if Thomas+Moreno stay under 38)

Rudnicki: 3-4

Gringo: 4-3 is my best guess (has Moore and manning tonite)

Stinkin Ref: 3-4 with a chance at 5-2 with Welker besting Thomas by 11 and Denver D by 12

Bro1ncos: Probably 1-6 or 2-5

Clash: 2-5

Duckboy: 91 pts will likely net him 4 ro 5 wins

Holloway: 5-2 with a shot at 6 wins

Sweet Love: With a decent Welker nite he'll net 4 wins.

I'm going to guess 40 and 44 on the week.

The good news is that DFW board which is in 2nd place has 9 teams with 85 pts or less going into tonite. Some of these guys are in the 50s and 60s. Even their three teams with scores over 100 points will only go 12 and 9 on the week.

Well, outside of a complete second half blowout by McFadden, it looks like I will go 3-4 instead. Small victory in a way. Thankfully my blunder in swapping the Ravens DST for the Bucs (a 15 point swing) wouldn't have mattered, except maybe for overall points. It wouldn't have netted me any more wins.

Renesauz: 2-5

BassNBrew: 7-0 (161 pts)

Sinrman: 1-6 (2-5 if Prater socres 11)

Old Mil: 4-2 (will pick up 5th win if Thomas+Moreno stay under 38)

Rudnicki: 3-4

Gringo: 4-3 is my best guess (has Moore and manning tonite)

Stinkin Ref: 3-4 with a chance at 5-2 with Welker besting Thomas by 11 and Denver D by 12

Bro1ncos: Probably 1-6 or 2-5

Duckboy: 91 pts will likely net him 4 ro 5 wins

Holloway: 5-2 with a shot at 6 wins

Sweet Love: With a decent Welker nite he'll net 4 wins.

I'm going to guess 40 and 44 on the week.

The good news is that DFW board which is in 2nd place has 9 teams with 85 pts or less going into tonite. Some of these guys are in the 50s and 60s. Even their three teams with scores over 100 points will only go 12 and 9 on the week.

Rene: 2-5

Bass: 7-0

Sinrman: 3-4

Old Mil: 5-2

Ruds: 3-4

Gringo: 6-1

Stinkin: 5-2

Bro1ncos: 3-4

Duckboy: 6-1

Holloway: 5-2

Sweet Love: 5-2

Overall: 52 - 34

Holy Smokes things couldn't have broken better for team FBG tonite.

Week 3 Standings

Won Loss Tie Percent GB
Football Guys..........................155 - 97-0 (52-32) -
Fantasy Sharks.......................141 - 111-0 (59-25) 14
FFToday..................................131 - 121-0 (49-35) 24
Sports Outlaw..........................128 - 124-0 (45-39) 27
The Huddle..............................120 - 132-0 (37-47) 35
Dynasty Football Warehouse..119 - 133-0 (25-59) 36
FF LiveWire..............................112 - 140-0 (36-48) 43
Fantasy Guru...........................102 - 150-0 (37-47) 53

"The times they are a changing..."

And my oh my have they, as previously mentioned here Boards can do quite a lot of jumping here in the early weeks. Fantasy Sharks jumped all the way from a tie for 5th to 2nd place all alone 14 games behind FootballGuys and 10 games ahead of FFToday. I don't think you could call DynastyFootballWerehouse's move a jump, more like a CRASH!!! DFW limped to the finish line this week with a dismal 25 win week and dropped from 2nd all the way down to 6th.
This League keeps getting more and more intense and as all players strive to do their best week in and week out... will we ever 'see' a clear stand out besides FootballGuys who put up another 50 Win week.

Will they keep pulling away?
Can the Sharks stay hot?
Will returning Board SportsOutlaw break out of the .500 doldrums?
Will defending Champs FFToday make their move during the Bye Weeks?

Tune in to find out!!!

How in the world did I manage two wins putting up less than 100?

Another great week overall, but I suspect this week was more lucky than dominant....stretching our lead is nothing to complain about though!

Good job guys!

7 FBGs in tier 1, 1 FBG in tier 2, 4 FBGs in tier 3, 0 in tier 4.

This is huge if we can hold anywhere close to this

Duckboy: 6-1

Not sure I could have gotten any luckier. 4 of those by about 5 or less, and pretty sure I lost the one by more pts than I won the 6 in total.

I lost three last week by less than a point. I guess it will even out team wise over the course of the year. FBG had an exceptional week relative to how low are team scores were.

Pretty amazing that FBG had the highest win total in weeks one and two and second highest this week. That said, it can swing around in a hurry.

Free Agent Report

QB - As predicted by Ref, viable starters will be on the wire. All 8 versions of Geno are available. 6 Ben Bens out these and 1 Manual. Most of us look good at QB.

RB - 3 Snellings and 1 Rodgers out there for anyone desperate for a spot start.. 4 Ronnie Hillmans for any believers. Hunter, Turbin, Michael all available in mass for anyone not in immediate need but has room for a lottery ticket.

WR - Lots of good options out here. Avery looked good for KC (5 of him left). One Holmes left if you think last week was a sign of things to come and he just started slow due to injury recovery. Sweet Love might want to consider Bey to backup Hilton. I'm really warming up to Ted Ginn. He's been open deep several times in the Carolina games and they have a soft schedule coming up after the week 4 bye. Maybe a sneaky pick next week.

TE - Not much here to get excited about. Only reliable guys seem to be Reed and Miller. Celek would be my lottery ticket. Duckboy needs a TE this week.

K - Who cares.

D - KC, Vikings, Panthers are seem attractive. From a homer perspective, Carolina will rack up the points against the non mobile QBs.

Free Agent Report

QB - As predicted by Ref, viable starters will be on the wire. All 8 versions of Geno are available. 6 Ben Bens out these and 1 Manual. Most of us look good at QB.

RB - 3 Snellings and 1 Rodgers out there for anyone desperate for a spot start.. 4 Ronnie Hillmans for any believers. Hunter, Turbin, Michael all available in mass for anyone not in immediate need but has room for a lottery ticket.

WR - Lots of good options out here. Avery looked good for KC (5 of him left). One Holmes left if you think last week was a sign of things to come and he just started slow due to injury recovery. Sweet Love might want to consider Bey to backup Hilton. I'm really warming up to Ted Ginn. He's been open deep several times in the Carolina games and they have a soft schedule coming up after the week 4 bye. Maybe a sneaky pick next week.

TE - Not much here to get excited about. Only reliable guys seem to be Reed and Miller. Celek would be my lottery ticket. Duckboy needs a TE this week.

K - Who cares.

D - KC, Vikings, Panthers are seem attractive. From a homer perspective, Carolina will rack up the points against the non mobile QBs.

yeah but fwiw....if you guys haven't learned by now....take everything I say with a shaker of salt and a shot of tequilla.....I'm the same guy who got in broncos grill for taking more than 1 QB and how I was going to "roll" solo....(I now have 3 rostered)........and the guy who said stash guys like Michael (who I dropped like a beat at a Jay-Z concert)......and I STILL have Sudfeld on my roster.......do I need to go on...?

saw some stuff about J-stew returning week 7....

bass...?....is he gonna be worth a stash....

I don't see how he could be. I drafted him and cut him loose. It will be a 4 headed monster (Cam/DWill/Tolbert/Stew). I suspect most of us have teams strong enough that he would crack the lineup under normal circumstances. DWill has been running well enough that Stewart won't displace him. You would need an injury for him to become viable. If going that route, there are better options out there.

quick look at notables that were dropped in waivers and will be available today at 11:00 am est....may not be lighting it up....but

Jay Cutler

Chris Ivory

Lance Moore

GB DST

CAR DST is also out there

when I go through the waivers I usually strictly look at the player "dropped"......I only really pause when I see something of note....besides the ones above I just found it interesting that these two (done last Friday and Sunday) raised my eyebrows....

88. Jaysports (DFW) Waiver Fri Sep 20 9:40:27 a.m. ET 2013 89. MTSkibum (FFLW) Waiver Fri Sep 20 9:38:49 a.m. ET 2013 66. Intangibles (FFLW) Waiver Sun Sep 22 12:13:27 p.m. ET 2013 67. Jaysports (DFW) Waiver Sun Sep 22 12:10:55 p.m. ET 2013

really means nothing obviously....but wasn't expecting to see DEN or Vereen get dropped.....guess it is a good idea to check in every once in awhile....Jaysports giveth and then taketh away.....DEN with Miller and Champ coming back only going to get better and they have a cake schedule....and Holliday returning punts

missing out on a chance to add Vereen always provides a "dang it" moment...

went and looked at a few other rosters.....some guys don't carry a PK and or DST throughout the week after the first waiver period....and they will add one later (since we have to start one)....so sometimes a "decent" FA may become available late in the week with a guy trying to sneek a guy through prior to the 1:00 Sunday add/drop deadline......nothing really to see here other then if you are around your computer Sunday morning, those no kicker/dst guys will be making a move and possibly dropping a guy they really don't want to that might be a decent stash.....

not a bad strategy if you are playing the weely pk/dst dance....

OK, I have been holding 3 QB's knowing that Rodgers has this early bye this and I will drop 1 if not both Rivers and/or Bradford.

My question for you guys is would I be better off dropping Rivers or Bradford for the remainder of the season. Planning on starting Rivers this week, but do I look to drop Bradford now and picking up someone or should I wait until waivers next week and drop both or Rivers (thinking Bradford might be the better back up to keep around). Do I ride with Rodgers solo and drop both my backup QB's?

Thinking about riding solo with Rodgers after this weeks games.

This is how I would go.......

I kinda agree....the only real benefit of keeping one or both of them at this point (assuming Rodgers stays healthy) is to play keep away from other leagues.....currently both of those guys are in the top 8 in qb scoring in this league.....but you would think with this really only being a 12 man league, most owners should have better options....meaning guys like Wilson, Kap, Romo, Brady, etc who are playing outside the top 12 right now but will probably make there way way back in at some point....not sure how many teams there are where either of those guys is actually an upgrade even though the stats say it would be right now...

if you can stash a potential stud later in the year....I'd probably drop em...

if your keeping one, IMO....I'd lean towards Bradford

OK, I have been holding 3 QB's knowing that Rodgers has this early bye this and I will drop 1 if not both Rivers and/or Bradford.

My question for you guys is would I be better off dropping Rivers or Bradford for the remainder of the season. Planning on starting Rivers this week, but do I look to drop Bradford now and picking up someone or should I wait until waivers next week and drop both or Rivers (thinking Bradford might be the better back up to keep around). Do I ride with Rodgers solo and drop both my backup QB's?

If you decide to keep one, I'd keep Rivers. Bradford will still have SF and Sea on the schedule. During our playoffs Rivers catches Cin, NYG, Den, Oak. All will be favorable matchups or high scoring games.

If I were you, I'd try move McGahee for Vereen if there are any takers and you don't intend to start him. I'd also look into seeing if any of the Ben Geo owners would be interested in BJGE as a handcuff.

Any thoughts on Lance Moore? Considering dropping Heyward-Bey for him. Right now my depth chart is CJ, Nelson, Broyles, Avery, D Moore, H-B. So basically neither plays ever unless an injury on their team would move them up the chart. Not sure why Moore isn't getting any love from Brees.

Any thoughts on Lance Moore? Considering dropping Heyward-Bey for him. Right now my depth chart is CJ, Nelson, Broyles, Avery, D Moore, H-B. So basically neither plays ever unless an injury on their team would move them up the chart. Not sure why Moore isn't getting any love from Brees.

Lance Moore=undependable

Lance Moore=undependable

And Hilton was in a walking boot. I think I'd hold onto Heyward Bey right now as he's actually startable if Hilton is out, especially during the byes

121.6 for me and done. Neither good nor bad, a score like that is usually good for about 4 wins

just looked closer at opps. likely to be 3 wins, could be 4 if Colston has a sub-par night

tough to base predictions for wins on what total was good for X amount of wins in previous years....more/all teams passing more/passing league and PPR prolly keep changing that number and making it a little higher....more passing=higher amount of points needed to win....120 may have been nice before....maybe not so much now...

Rene 121.6 and done: Assured of 3 wins. Could reach 5 if Colston is under 13 or hartline under 17.

BnB 137 and done: Looking at 5 wins if Colsten stays under 30.

Sinrman 123.9 plus Hartline: Only has one win locked up. Hartline outscores Colson -9 he picks ups another. I'll predict Brees doesn't score 45 so there's win. Hartline outscores Wallace by 12 that's win. Leading by 45 in another but facing Graham, Hartley, and Colston. 3.3 points for Hartline gives him another win. Let's say 5-2.

Old Mil done at 90.8: 0 and 7 on the week.

Ruds done at 85 and change: Another 0 and 7.

Gringo done around 100: Staring at 1 and 6 with a slight pray of 3 wins.

Ref 144.6 plus Hartley: Should finish at 6 and 1

Bro1ncos 106.8 Hartline, Sproles, and NO D: I'll say 6 and 1, but it's possible he'll sweep.

Clash 176.7 and done: 7 and 0 if Sturgis stays at 18 or less.

Duckboy 107.6 and done: Going to be between 0 and 2 wins so I'll go with one for now.

Holloway 81.5 plus Graham: Probably a donut unless Graham has another 10-100-1 line.

Sweet Love 112.3 and done: Kick in the nads award for the week...lost to a guy who started Rodgers (bye), Broyles, and NYJ D. Between 0 and 2 wins so I'll go with one.

27 and 57 on the week. We'll drop from 54 games over .500 to 24 games.

Rene 121.6 and done: Assured of 3 wins. Could reach 5 if Colston is under 13 or hartline under 17.

BnB 137 and done: Looking at 5 wins if Colsten stays under 30.

Sinrman 123.9 plus Hartline: Only has one win locked up. Hartline outscores Colson -9 he picks ups another. I'll predict Brees doesn't score 45 so there's win. Hartline outscores Wallace by 12 that's win. Leading by 45 in another but facing Graham, Hartley, and Colston. 3.3 points for Hartline gives him another win. Let's say 5-2.

Old Mil done at 90.8: 0 and 7 on the week.

Ruds done at 85 and change: Another 0 and 7.

Gringo done around 100: Staring at 1 and 6 with a slight pray of 3 wins.

Ref 144.6 plus Hartley: Should finish at 6 and 1

Bro1ncos 106.8 Hartline, Sproles, and NO D: I'll say 6 and 1, but it's possible he'll sweep.

Clash 176.7 and done: 7 and 0 if Sturgis stays at 18 or less.

Duckboy 107.6 and done: Going to be between 0 and 2 wins so I'll go with one for now.

Holloway 81.5 plus Graham: Probably a donut unless Graham has another 10-100-1 line.

Sweet Love 112.3 and done: Kick in the nads award for the week...lost to a guy who started Rodgers (bye), Broyles, and NYJ D. Between 0 and 2 wins so I'll go with one.

27 and 57 on the week. We'll drop from 54 games over .500 to 24 games.

I think you mis counted. Using your win totals we are looking at ~37 wins this week.

Archived