What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Luther - BBC Series (1 Viewer)

Beerguzzler

Footballguy
Just noticed there isn't a thread on this show and figured it deserved it.

Quite simply a fantastic cop drama/thriller.

Main character is Idris Elba and he really carries the entire show. Just a fantastic flawed character.

You need to start from season 1. Don't skip it. It's currently on S3/E3.

http://www.thedarewall.com/tv/luther

watched the first season and i liked it quite a bit. the season finale is so bad that i haven't watched it since.

Tonight's episode was one of the best hour's of TV I've seen in a long time. Jeez just spectacular (with the added bonus of the return of an awesome character).

I had some problems with the extreme leaps of logic in the last two episodes, but given the short season, they probably didn't have a choice. I think they either should have stretched out the case from the first 2 episodes over all four, or brought the "return character" back earlier, and with a much better purpose.

I felt the same way about season 2, but in reverse.

Season 1 was great all around. Not sure how anyone could have a problem with that season's finale- it was intense.

Just noticed there isn't a thread on this show and figured it deserved it.

Quite simply a fantastic cop drama/thriller.

Main character is Idris Elba and he really carries the entire show. Just a fantastic flawed character.

You need to start from season 1. Don't skip it. It's currently on S3/E3.

http://www.thedarewall.com/tv/luther
Been meaning to get on this especially with BB about done. All my English friends love it.

I just got done watching the first season. I liked it but I have a problem with the same leaps of logic The Kuhn mentioned above. Some of the episodes resolved too neat and tidy for my liking. I gave it 3.5 stars out of 5 on Netflix.

I just started Season 2 so I hope it gets better.

I had some problems with the extreme leaps of logic in the last two episodes, but given the short season, they probably didn't have a choice. I think they either should have stretched out the case from the first 2 episodes over all four, or brought the "return character" back earlier, and with a much better purpose.

I felt the same way about season 2, but in reverse.

Season 1 was great all around. Not sure how anyone could have a problem with that season's finale- it was intense.
I think that there is very little doubt that the storytelling could use some work.

For me, Elba's acting, the Luther character, and the tone and style of the show make it work for me. I think that they do some straight out scary stuff, too (even more intense in some of Season 3). and I like Alice and her interplay with Luther.

Never knew there was a thread about this. Easily one of my favorite shows. Wish the seasons were longer.

Idris Elba is certainly one of the better actors going these days IMO.

There is a prequel novel by the show's author that leads immediately up to the events of series 1. It's pretty good.

From what I understand the movie that's planned will be a prequel also. Not sure if it will align with the book or be set earlier. Either way, it will be unfortunate to have a Luther movie without Alice.

Just binged this over the last week or two with the girlfriend, what a great show. Is it always the greatest storytelling? No, but the incredible acting and intensity make up for it.

The one thing I found hard to buy was the original growing closeness of Luther/Alice. Once it was established, I loved it and what it did for the series, great character. But it was the part where they got from episode 1 Luther/Alice to being basically friends that I didn't buy. I got over it because it worked later on, though.

Users who are viewing this thread