What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (3 Viewers)

Most don't believe in Sanders and think he was made because of Peyton. However, it seems that Sanders and DT carried Peyton, but they still can't get the previous bias against Sanders out of their heads.

Sanders is fast, runs great routes and has good hands. Wish I knew what was not to like...

Most don't believe in Sanders and think he was made because of Peyton. However, it seems that Sanders and DT carried Peyton, but they still can't get the previous bias against Sanders out of their heads.

Sanders is fast, runs great routes and has good hands. Wish I knew what was not to like...
I don't believe Peyton made Sanders, and I don't believe Sanders and DT carried Peyton. I think they are all great players and complimented each other. Peyton's age and injuries have slowed him down, but the other two are still strong players. Sanders is very good when healthy. I'd love to have a player like him on the Panthers.

I think what we're all not talking about here is that the Traditional Kubiak offense greatly de-emphasizes the #2 wr and puts a huge emphasis on the x wr and the tight end.

Oweiler is running the Kubiak offense exclusively. Payton wasn't. He was running the offense with his own wrinkles.

I have sanders in rt now over Crabtree but this one point I just made plays his ankle and the fact that he hasn't had as much time to gel with osweiler the way the other Wrs have is making me rethink that.

Emmanuel Sanders said he has good chemistry with Brock Osweiler.

"Peyton hasnt been going on Wednesdays, so Ive had an opportunity to go with Brock and its definitely paid off," Sanders said. "Today we connected on a couple of deep balls that we were working on. I texted him last night about what Im seeing and what hes seeing, so its going to pay off."

Emmanuel Sanders said he has good chemistry with Brock Osweiler.

"Peyton hasnt been going on Wednesdays, so Ive had an opportunity to go with Brock and its definitely paid off," Sanders said. "Today we connected on a couple of deep balls that we were working on. I texted him last night about what Im seeing and what hes seeing, so its going to pay off."
This makes me feel a little better thanks!

I don't believe Peyton made Sanders, and I don't believe Sanders and DT carried Peyton. I think they are all great players and complimented each other. Peyton's age and injuries have slowed him down, but the other two are still strong players. Sanders is very good when healthy. I'd love to have a player like him on the Panthers.
Definitely on the last point. He'd be ginn with better hands and a willingness to be hit.

But Peyton has missed sanders on a lot of deep passes. I don't know whose fault that is, but hopefully oz doesn't have the same issue.

Mike Klis of 9 News Denver believes Emmanuel Sanders could land a deal similar to Jeremy Maclin's five-year, $55 million contract if he reaches the open market.
The question, of course, is whether Sanders will reach free agency. He's in the last year of his contract and the Broncos are "trying" to extend him. Sanders is an interesting case because he's a No. 2 receiver who produces like a No. 1. Klis mentioned Larry Fitzgerald's two-year, $22 million deal as a blueprint the Broncos could use for extending Sanders, who turned 29 in March.

Source: 9 News Denver 
Jun 3 - 4:34 PM

@johnelway tweet: 

Excited to announce we've agreed to a 3-year extension with WR Emmanuel Sanders. He plays with intensity & we love the way he competes!

so much for wondering about his dyno value if he went somewhere else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncos signed WR Emmanuel Sanders to a three-year, $33 million contract extension through 2019.
The deal comes with $27 million guaranteed. Sanders was reportedly seeking a contract worth at least $10 million annually. The Broncos threw in a little extra for good measure. The deal will keep Sanders in Denver through his age-32 season. Despite the team's shoddy quarterback play last season, Sanders still produced a respectable 1,135 yards on 76 catches. With Denver going run-heavy this year, Sanders will probably max out as a WR3 for fantasy purposes.

Source: James Palmer on Twitter 
Sep 7 - 5:33 PM

Is anyone flexing this dude tonight or is everyone hands off until we see exactly how bad Siemian is? He is going to be facing off against an inexperienced DB.

Bonus stat:

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo  17h17 hours ago

ESPN Stats & Info Retweeted Adam Schefter

Most Receptions Since 2014 - 25+ Yds downfield Emmanuel Sanders 20 Antonio Brown 18 T.Y. Hilton 18 Michael Floyd 18

I'm a Panthers fan, but I also have him in one league. I'm not expecting a huge night, but I could see a lot of receptions. As long as his team loses, he can get whatever he wants.

I'm starting him...the buzz around Siemian all seems positive and I believe Carolina will be rolling out 2 rookie CBs.  In addition to that, its obviously the first game of the year so teams may not be in great shape, the air in Denver will add more problems as well.  I feel like he's a lock for 5-70-1 tonight.  Just a feeling I have.

Benching him at flex, but only because I have Jennings in a dream match-up. I think he should do OK against those rookie corners. I actually have more confidence in him than I do in Thomas.

With Demarius Thomas being banged up (hip), I think Sanders might be a great play this week against a horrible Indianapolis defense. He led the team in targets last week. 

With Demarius Thomas being banged up (hip), I think Sanders might be a great play this week against a horrible Indianapolis defense. He led the team in targets last week. 

he's in my lineup over watkins... 

he got a red zone target, too. the broncos were a little run heavy down there (6 attempts) but they did throw it four times and three inside the 10. the opportunities for sanders should be there...

I agree. 

Vontae Davis is out for another three weeks or so, and that secondary is a mess.   Should be a breakout game for Sanders.  

Emmanuel Sanders cut fast food out of his diet this offseason.

We are constantly amazed at how many NFL players eat fast food, but it's quite common. "I was eating bad," Sanders admitted. "If I was hungry I would sometimes go through the McDonald’s line and grab me a 20-piece (McNuggets). I would go through Burger King, just fast food because I was ready to eat now." Sanders also reiterated that the Broncos intend to play fast-first offense this year. "We’ve got this new offense with Mike McCoy," he said. "We’re going to be throwing the ball around, so my conditioning has to be up and I’ve been working on that.’’

Source: 9 News Denver 

Jul 10 - 6:17 PM

Emmanuel Sanders (ankle) said he will not play Monday night in Kansas City.

Sanders said he is "a week away" and plans to return for Week 9 against the Eagles. Sanders also revealed he was originally diagnosed with a "six-week injury" when he went down in Week 6, although Sanders "expects to easily beat that" timetable. It sounds like Sanders is dealing with a high ankle sprain. Demaryius Thomas, Jordan Taylor, and Bennie Fowler will round out Denver's three-receiver package. AJ Derby should also see more targets.

Source: James Palmer on Twitter 

Oct 30 - 6:01 PM

Emmanuel Sanders hauled in six-of-11 targets for 137 yards Sunday in the Broncos’ Week 10 loss to the Patriots.

Sanders was unstoppable in the early going, impressing with five catches for 114 yards on seven targets in the first half. He couldn’t keep it up after halftime, however, as the Broncos’ offense quickly went off the rails in what ended up being a blowout loss. Still, Sanders dominated his matchup with Malcolm Butler and looked much healthier than he did a week ago coming off a high-ankle sprain. Sanders will try to keep the engine running next week at home against the Bengals.

Emmanuel Sanders hauled in 4-of-8 targets for 61 yards and rushed for a 27-yard touchdown in the Broncos' third preseason game.

Sanders was easily Case Keenum's favorite target on Friday night, but it did not amount to much early. That changed on the fourth drive. Sanders got things moving with 15 yards on third down, caught a 33-yard pass up the sideline the next play, and finished the drive with a 27-yard rushing score. The receiver finishes his preseason with seven catches for 88 yards. Coming off a season in which he was hampered by an ankle injury and poor quarterback play, Sanders is a prime bounce-back candidate.

Aug 24 - 9:46 PM

We're just so accustomed to DT garnering a larger share than Sanders that a lot of people likely just default to that when doing projections. And although it's Sanders' chemistry with Keenum that has moved him up my rankings, it's also the fact that I think some of what Sutton does overlaps with what DT does and that has subsequently moved DT down my rankings. DT has lead the team in RZ targets for years and has not been efficient in the slightest. Some of that is obviously on the QBs he's had to work with but they also didn't have a guy like Sutton during that time span either. I'm still not crazy down on DT but I've priced in a pretty low floor in my projections, it may mean I'll never get him. I will get Sanders though.

Love having Manny (6th round) as my #3 WR to tandem with Davante Adams (2.08) and Tyreek Hill (3.05).   That's a lethal trio.   
Have AB, Adams and manny at flex w stills on the bench in a 14 teamer.  More worried about AB and Ben in pit.

DT and Sutton will draw attention.

Users who are viewing this thread