What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (4 Viewers)

I see this week as a down week. Manning will be looking to get Thomas back on track after the bye week and Arizona is a great D. I actually see Denver slightly struggling as an offense this week. 230 yards passing for Manning with Sanders getting 60. If he does not score a td this week it will be a sub par week.
I don't want to, but I agree with this.
really?

Manning put up 303 against a better defense a couple of weeks ago. On the road, where they couldn't audible. Sanders had 11 for 149.
Yeah I don't see Manning struggling at home vs. Cardinals. They won't be able to run on them. And should get numerous opportunities on the field with Drew Stanton (who has been a nice fill in in playing error free football, but on the road, I expect more of the real Drew Stanton to show up). He was very ineffective on road vs. Giants. Cards won from ST TD and defense. (still allowed 277 pass yards to Eli)

Cards can be beaten through the air. And likely will here. Even w/o Dockett & Washington, their run D is still stout. Best in NFL in rush yards/game allowed last year & near top of league again this year (allowing only 2.7 per rush attempt).

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this week as a down week. Manning will be looking to get Thomas back on track after the bye week and Arizona is a great D. I actually see Denver slightly struggling as an offense this week. 230 yards passing for Manning with Sanders getting 60. If he does not score a td this week it will be a sub par week.
Why? Manning will be looking to win the game and put up as many stats as possible. If Thomas can help him do that, we'll throw to Thomas. If Thomas can't he'll throw to other people. If you think Manning cares about Thomas' stats other than the fact they are also his that he can distribute to anyone, then you don't know that stat/win whore. He wants to win, and he wants to go down as the greatest ever. He doesn't care about anything else.

flapgreen said:
Pretty sweet. Didn't think drafting this guy would pay off this much.
One could argue he's the steal of the draft over the first quarter of the season. Those who drafted Sanders in June or July so far have got solid WR1 stats out of their 6th-8th round pick.

Probably second to Steve Smith but he's definitely up there. No way I'd trade him right now. Not good value in return.

People are shopping him right now. Probably for the reasons that DT will bounce back, Welker should cut in, etc. I just got one myself for Gore. Unsure of my answer.

People are shopping him right now. Probably for the reasons that DT will bounce back, Welker should cut in, etc. I just got one myself for Gore. Unsure of my answer.
I would take it.
Gore for Sanders straight up you'd take Gore?
My bad. Other way around. I'd rather have Sanders.
Man, reading it again I don't know who the hell has what. The important thing to know here is that Sanders > Gore. Especially in PPR. Honestly in Standard format I think I lean Gore.

I would take it.
Man, reading it again I don't know who the hell has what. The important thing to know here is that Sanders > Gore. Especially in PPR. Honestly in Standard format I think I lean Gore.
Ha, my fault. Didn't mean to clog up the thread. I was offered Sanders for whom I'd have to part with Gore. I am taking it.

I would take it.
Ha, my fault. Didn't mean to clog up the thread. I was offered Sanders for whom I'd have to part with Gore. I am taking it.
chark move

I'm pretty sure the guy coached him in Pitt, Bruce Arians, knows a thing or two about his tendencies..and he's due for a slide..

it's the Welker, Dt, Julius Thomas show

I would take it.
I'd take it too.

Sanders has a great connection with Manning. Welker is on the downside of his career. No reason to think there will be much of a drop off.

I'm pretty sure the guy coached him in Pitt, Bruce Arians, knows a thing or two about his tendencies..and he's due for a slide..

it's the Welker, Dt, Julius Thomas show
Maybe...but he has yet to give me any reason to bench him. He's almost a must start no matter what.

Teams are really going to need to start taking away DT... Idk how many more times he'll be left alone after his last month. If this does happen (which it should), Sanders should see a lot more looks than tonight.

SF double teamed JT all night. Peyton is just so good. He goes where the coverage isn't. Sanders got 3 looks in the end zone and was held twice.

He's a great start every week, because on the weeks they double the Thomases he's going to be open all day.

Ebaker5 said:
Reegus said:
flapgreen said:
Not much else but he did get a td
Would of had 2 if not for a pi.
Should be 3... had 2 PI's in the End Zone
fantasycurse42 said:
Teams are really going to need to start taking away DT... Idk how many more times he'll be left alone after his last month. If this does happen (which it should), Sanders should see a lot more looks than tonight.
Truebluey said:
SF double teamed JT all night. Peyton is just so good. He goes where the coverage isn't. Sanders got 3 looks in the end zone and was held twice.

He's a great start every week, because on the weeks they double the Thomases he's going to be open all day.
He's going to have one huge game one day soon.

Broncos may have got the steal of Free agency. They hand picked Sanders for a reason. The guy is a perfect compliment to Thomas and does everything that Manning loves. Runs great routes has great hands, and he is catching everything thrown his way. He also is able to play in the slot and outside. What a great signing for Denver.

Broncos may have got the steal of Free agency. They hand picked Sanders for a reason. The guy is a perfect compliment to Thomas and does everything that Manning loves. Runs great routes has great hands, and he is catching everything thrown his way. He also is able to play in the slot and outside. What a great signing for Denver.
right. it really wasnt hard to believe he would thrive in this offense. his steeler production was always a mystery.

right. it really wasnt hard to believe he would thrive in this offense. his steeler production was always a mystery.
For sure. He made mention of the fact that Ben is a great QB but he is not a timing guy and was basically saying the offense was not ideal to his skill set. I think for as good as Ben is that is one of his negatives.

PPR WR1 as long as he's with Manning. Congrats to all that got this steal.

Not the RZ threat Decker is, but he is more open a lot more consistently (and at all 3 levels)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much else but he did get a td
Would of had 2 if not for a pi.
Should be 3... had 2 PI's in the End Zone

He's going to have one huge game one day soon.
yuuuuuuup

Users who are viewing this thread